FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups Closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MasterOfTheTaco
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    i guess i can play my acc. on my laptop and my brothers can use my mac O_o if they get vrofl and i dont i'll be pissed xD

    Leave a comment:


  • devonin
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    They'll complain based on where they think they might get put.
    They'll complain based on who they think might get placed with them.
    Afterwards, they'll complain even more because there are people better than them.

    People refuse to realise that in D1, D2 and very well D3, the -vast- majority of people -are- going to lose.

    If we did qualifying rounds for this tourney, we'd end up with probably 64/32/16/8/8 or so people in each of the 5 divisions as a "good and balanced" set of participants. So basically, every round that results in more people than that advancing is essentially a mid-tourney qualifier. If only 64 D1 people are "good enough to have a chance to win" and we get 1000 people in D1, stands to reason that a lot of people are going to just go out in early rounds regardless.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gilly G
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Why are people complaining before they've been placed? That's kind of beyond me. ._.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tasselfoot
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    exactly. defeats the purpose, IMO, to force you to AAA your division's round's song just to advance... in an ideal world, nobody would be AAAing the songs they are given. but that clearly won't happen... it is quite likely in D1 though, especially from rounds 4 and onward. D5... i expect AAAs through most of the rounds from the top people.

    But the difficulty of the songs was picked specifically so very few (if any) people in a division would AAA. Not only does it increase the competition of the round, it prolongs the round for users. No more AAAing in 1-2 runs and sitting on your thumbs for a week waiting for the next song.

    Leave a comment:


  • Commandersa1
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by Soldat_of_life
    If someone puts me in D3 I will instantly give up (unless I am against people generally unable to FC VC songs), yet be proud that I had been evaluated at such a level. D2 is probably the highest I can go as I cannot Full Combp Very Challenging songs just yet. I barely FCed a few Challenging songs and I haven't FCed every song below Very Difficult. I read early on that the songs even in D1 might start at around Difficult or Very Difficult, and I haven't even AAAed a Standard song yet. I think there is a large gap between being able to FC VC songs and almost being able to.
    I do not know why people are complaining about what Difficulty they will be put in. They are placing you with people of your own skill. If you are a beginner then you would not go in D5, but D1. That's why they have 5 difficulties to prevent complaining. More difficulties means less difference in skill in one difficulty. They know what they are looking for, and that's basically it. Nothing you will say will convince them otherwise, as they have already said this. The reason songs will be harder, i.e. in beginner, is to prevent constant AAAs. The harder the songs, the better the ability to see who is the best of the best.
    Last edited by Commandersa1; 06-4-2008, 12:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • sumzup
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    So Shashakiro has signed up, while in retirement. Something fishy is going on...people need to decide whether they're going to stay in Florida or not, dilly-dallying for too long is annoying. This'll certainly be interesting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Soldat_of_life
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by igotrhythm
    You are definitely above D1 if you can almost FC tier point songs. Maybe D3, but we'll have to wait until signups close to find out.

    If someone puts me in D3 I will instantly give up (unless I am against people generally unable to FC VC songs), yet be proud that I had been evaluated at such a level. D2 is probably the highest I can go as I cannot Full Combp Very Challenging songs just yet. I barely FCed a few Challenging songs and I haven't FCed every song below Very Difficult. I read early on that the songs even in D1 might start at around Difficult or Very Difficult, and I haven't even AAAed a Standard song yet. I think there is a large gap between being able to FC VC songs and almost being able to.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tasselfoot
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    EAG: the opposite is true, actually. Tons of people sign up and then never participate... generally, if you submit a score at all in the 1st round, you'll move on (more true in the easier divisions).

    Why? Because, especially in the easy divisions, you have random casual FFRers who sign up... then either don't come back to the site or forget about it or decide not to submit, etc etc. Generally in the D3/4/5 range is the more longer-term user... the guy who stays around the site, comes every day, etc. So they're more likely to submit and actively participate all the way through.

    Then, as you eliminate off the people who aren't submitting, you are left only with people who do submit. So, generally, those who do not submit in the later rounds.... they do not submit because they don't have a good enough score to advance them. Not because they aren't still participating.

    Leave a comment:


  • EAGAMES
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    The first round will probably be a 100% full participation, or a lot of people will submit their scores.Towards the end of the tournament I think less and less will post their scores.

    Leave a comment:


  • Commandersa1
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    , and if everyone submits their score at once. 1500 screenshots... :O

    And then they post a better score, 1500 more. :O Not everyone submits a score, right?

    Leave a comment:


  • Tasselfoot
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    we won't hit 2500. i'll be happy with hitting 1500. as i'm sure sprite will tell you... the number of entrants signing up each day is going down. which is to be expected... our average user visits the site almost daily.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sprite-
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    4 days left haha

    Leave a comment:


  • TC_Halogen
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Oh wow, that is a massive amount of people. And there is still about 3 days left. Think we'll hit 2.5k?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sprite-
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by Dominewyorican
    About 1.1k entrants so far....oh my. It might very well hit 1.5 like it was stated before.
    1.2k*

    Updated as of 12:00PM EST.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dominewyorican
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    About 1.1k entrants so far....oh my. It might very well hit 1.5 like it was stated before.

    Leave a comment:

Working...