FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups Closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • remedy1502
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by Mario Bros.
    Then I should be D-2 if Shash is D4 lol. I am not the same as you Remedy. How many years have you played FFR compared to how many years I have played FFR. You have had more time to adjust to playing FFR and getting used to it. I am in the middle of switching to spread to which makes it even more complicating!
    I've played 10 months longer than you haha =P No years for me...
    I was in the middle of switching to spread last tourney... Got eliminated round 3 >_>
    It was brutal.
    Looking at devonins thing for the song difficulties... I should do well until the FMOs start. Then it's gonna get hard for me. 10s are still within my reach to AAA, which is good i guess.

    Leave a comment:


  • brandonmcginnis
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by igotrhythm
    The numbers are the song difficulties on a scale of 1 to 12.

    Edit: Somehow, I'm not surprised that I've been ninja'd.
    oh ok . I thought it was telling me what requires you to be in that division or something. It would of been better if you said. two difficulty 6 songs. etc.

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • igotrhythm
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    The numbers are the song difficulties on a scale of 1 to 12.

    Edit: Somehow, I'm not surprised that I've been ninja'd.

    Leave a comment:


  • devonin
    replied
    That's the difficulty of each song for the 5 divisions. Seems straightforward to me.

    Division 1 will have 2 6/12, 2 7/12, 3 8/12, 2 9/12 and a 10/12

    And so on.

    Off the top of my head, giving your stats a superficial look, I'd say completely unofficially that I'd likely end up putting you in D2.
    Last edited by devonin; 06-5-2008, 11:33 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • brandonmcginnis
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by devonin
    Tass stated it in the thread, let me go digging.

    in terms of difficulty:
    D1: 2 6s, 2 7s, 3 8s, 2 9s, 1 10
    D2: 1 7, 4 8s, 3 9s, 2 10s
    D3: 2 8s, 4 9s, 3 10s, 1 11
    D4: 1 9, 4 10s, 4 11s, 1 12
    D5: 1 10, 6 11s, 3 12s
    Exactly what does this mean? I might join this tournament but I didnt do so well in the last one because there were some misplacing. I was in like the top 18 or something. I may not be as good as I was back then but I can probably manage to try to pick up my skills again. I think it has been a month or two since I last played and I only played atleast 5 songs on that day. I guess I will join to have fun. What do those numbers mean?

    Leave a comment:


  • devonin
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Tass stated it in the thread, let me go digging.

    in terms of difficulty:
    D1: 2 6s, 2 7s, 3 8s, 2 9s, 1 10
    D2: 1 7, 4 8s, 3 9s, 2 10s
    D3: 2 8s, 4 9s, 3 10s, 1 11
    D4: 1 9, 4 10s, 4 11s, 1 12
    D5: 1 10, 6 11s, 3 12s
    Last edited by devonin; 06-5-2008, 11:18 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • kjwkjw
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Have the approximate difficulties for each division been mentioned yet? Or can't we know about those until the tournament starts?
    Last edited by kjwkjw; 06-5-2008, 10:39 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • rade0110
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    I really hope I'm D1 seeing as I haven't played in like 4 months and when I tried last night I felt like a half retarded child.

    Leave a comment:


  • TC_Halogen
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by Mario Bros.
    I should either be a D1 or D2 because I am the same as Shash now. I havent played for days and I dont even play Stepmania that much anymore. And so now I dont even have a style to play with. I suck at using three fingers because they get all jumbled in a bunch when I play and if I do spread then I cant hit some of the patterns that I can with three fingers and my Pa is worse. I probably cant even AAA Trisection anymore because last time I tryed I couldnt and usually I do on my first or second try. I wish I can be good at this game and then leave and then come back the same me. I wont complain what division I am in as long as I have a chance and it is not above D3 unless if D2 will consider AAA any Very Difficult and Challenging songs then put me in D1 and not D2.
    Just because you can't AAA certain songs anymore doesn't mean that Sprite is gonna hold you back, even if you've been put away for a while.

    Originally posted by Mario Bros.
    Then I should be D-2 if Shash is D4 lol. I am not the same as you Remedy. How many years have you played FFR compared to how many years I have played FFR. You have had more time to adjust to playing FFR and getting used to it. I am in the middle of switching to spread to which makes it even more complicating!
    Shash, despite his disappearance, has more than enough potential to be D5. I don't think that it's that big of an excuse to say that you haven't played in days.

    Shash on the other hand, being gone for who knows how long is trying to make a run for a tourney after not playing for who knows how long. I'm not sure where to stop, so I'll stop here.

    Leave a comment:


  • igotrhythm
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by Shashakiro
    anyone who thinks I even have a chance of winning this is delusional >_> the game I was the best at was really a completely different one, this is basically stepmania now and I have never been the best stepmania player or even close.

    Also, I have little motivation to try to get good just for this or anything, since I can't get prizes. I'll be proud of myself if I lose due to something besides a nonsubmission.

    I really honestly don't think I belong in D5 anyway >_> I played for a bit and probably the best score I got was 7 on Runny or something like that, just terrible without avmisses.
    I remember you getting an FC on Runny with avmisses. But since you're retired...

    Ah well. Time for the next generation of legends.

    Leave a comment:


  • 25thhour
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    I was talking to Devonin and he said I'll probably been in D2 or D3. I can't even AAA tricky songs! =P

    Leave a comment:


  • Mario Bros.
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Then I should be D-2 if Shash is D4 lol. I am not the same as you Remedy. How many years have you played FFR compared to how many years I have played FFR. You have had more time to adjust to playing FFR and getting used to it. I am in the middle of switching to spread to which makes it even more complicating!

    Leave a comment:


  • remedy1502
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by Mario Bros.
    I should either be a D1 or D2 because I am the same as Shash now. I havent played for days and I dont even play Stepmania that much anymore. And so now I dont even have a style to play with. I suck at using three fingers because they get all jumbled in a bunch when I play and if I do spread then I cant hit some of the patterns that I can with three fingers and my Pa is worse. I probably cant even AAA Trisection anymore because last time I tryed I couldnt and usually I do on my first or second try. I wish I can be good at this game and then leave and then come back the same me. I wont complain what division I am in as long as I have a chance and it is not above D3 unless if D2 will consider AAA any Very Difficult and Challenging songs then put me in D1 and not D2.
    Dude, a couple days is nothing. I had a 3 week break, then played a bit (about a month and some), then had a month break, and then I came back better than ever. I was AAAing **** that I couldn't even come close before. Ex. Adult's Sketchbook, Splash Beats
    And my PA was just better. This wasn't right away, I had to play 1-2 days for me to get like this, but seriously man, you shouldn't be complaining that you suck after not playing for a few days.

    Also If Shash is D4, then I'm gonna feel so good, same division as the former God of FFR, and even though I won't win (probably not even top 8), it'll be so sick.
    EDIT: But IF Shash is D4, then, I would be like, D2 or D3 rofl.
    Last edited by remedy1502; 06-5-2008, 08:15 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mario Bros.
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    I should either be a D1 or D2 because I am the same as Shash now. I havent played for days and I dont even play Stepmania that much anymore. And so now I dont even have a style to play with. I suck at using three fingers because they get all jumbled in a bunch when I play and if I do spread then I cant hit some of the patterns that I can with three fingers and my Pa is worse. I probably cant even AAA Trisection anymore because last time I tryed I couldnt and usually I do on my first or second try. I wish I can be good at this game and then leave and then come back the same me. I wont complain what division I am in as long as I have a chance and it is not above D3 unless if D2 will consider AAA any Very Difficult and Challenging songs then put me in D1 and not D2.

    Leave a comment:


  • TC_Halogen
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by OmegaCrowman
    Shash definately isnt as great as his former glory these days, and it might be majorly unfair for him to get put in D5 after his absence, but alas, what would be fair for him would be majorly unfair for all other D4 attendee's.

    I'm definately not saying I dont want him to win, but putting him in D4 would just about guarntee a victory, and the facts are that now he's not a whole lot better than the average/lower ended D5 placement player and he's going to have to get placed in a division that's too high for him to win, just as 90%+ of us are going to now. (Please dont hate me now FFR community, I still love you all and our old legend Shash.)
    I agree 100% with this. Based on what Sprite said about you probably still being able to AAA some pretty decent FMOs (and even get 7 goods on RunnyMorning), you should be in D5. (Sorry, but I still think that a D4 = auto win for you.)

    Leave a comment:

Working...