TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blahblah18
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2004
    • 1662

    #121
    Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

    My Bad, Kefit Was Resurrected
    but for now... postCount++

    Comment

    • MiniNeo
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2004
      • 454

      #122
      Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

      Lol. K.

      So... is Iggy and Kefit kind of like a joint-leaders for the alliance?

      Comment

      • Wilkin
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2005
        • 1800

        #123
        Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

        Well, Kefit at least. Even though I have no suspicion of Iggy, the unknown-ness of him is still a variable. Like was said several times before, the Vamp has no reason to question anyone else coming out as him.
        l
        WWii║iiiiiiii▫
        ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
        ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




        OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

        Comment

        • iggymatrixcounter
          FFR Veteran
          • Nov 2003
          • 1924

          #124
          Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

          Originally posted by MiniNeo
          Lol. K.

          So... is Iggy and Kefit kind of like a joint-leaders for the alliance?
          Horrible idea to have two leaders. Especially Kefit and I. We disagree on every matter that is twg. Don't get me wrong he's good (really good) but he is totally opposite on everything I think.

          Obviously the wolves are scared of going for either me or wilkin. I guess it makes sense because going for us would require more effort than a normal human. Plus you have that super big chance of hitting seer or guardian.

          Hey I'm all for killing tass tps, I still think that he got judas to come out just so he would know who NOT to go for. I think he told me that judas coming out hurts himself, but I can't verify that without checking AIM convos. But as wack as that reasoning is, it's the best I got since I spent day 1 focusing on what I would do as an alliance leader and my odds of survival. It really was the only thing that initially stuck out to me.

          I'll throw my clouds of suspicion on everyone once I reread the thread and do my charts that I neglected to do day 1. (I like to just see how any given person COULD be a wolf, rather than post my actual feelings towards them, call me crazy but it works.)

          But yea don't waste days guys. Yesterday was kind of a waste IMO. With so many known people out there it is easy for the wolves to hit key players, so we have to capitalize on that same strategy as much as possible.
          lastfm
          PANDORA

          Comment

          • evilbutterfly
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2003
            • 5784

            #125
            Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

            Um, so like, I know phantoms normally mean nothing in normal games cuz of the number of players, but how about now that somebody survived a death to throw the number of players off? Does this move the win day for the wolves/humans around? I never remember those numbers, and it always seems like their importance isn't brought to my attention until right before the win day for wolves and it's down to the wire, so I'd just like to clear it up now. kthx
            So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

            In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

            So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
            And I write the blog for their website.

            Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

            Comment

            • GuidoHunter
              is against custom titles
              • Oct 2003
              • 7371

              #126
              Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

              Jeez, Tass. I have to be told who's playing the game and I didn't even get a phantom...

              --Guido


              Originally posted by Grandiagod
              Originally posted by Grandiagod
              She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
              Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

              Comment

              • ddrdanc3r55
                Banned
                • Jun 2005
                • 346

                #127
                Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                About the revenge vote: I just think they are kind of wolfy. IMO, it's a way to stay out of human suspicion, while being inconspicuous, IMO.

                Anyways, Tass, so I don't get a phantom also. This vote is definitely subject to change, and has nothing to do with the person.

                Comment

                • ddrdanc3r55
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 346

                  #128
                  Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                  Oh, when I said "they", I was talking about the current situation.

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #129
                    Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                    Frankly, you're wrong. I even went so far to explain the situation in depth, just for you, since everyone else playing likely understands it already.

                    TPS and I have an interesting TWG history... I haven't gotten a phantom in 30 games... so when TPS votes me out of the blue with nothing to back it up AND I just got a phantom, I see no reason not to toss him a "placeholder" back.

                    Its great and all you're going to read into one thing so deeply, but why don't you try those same Sherlockian explorations into more important matters. And why don't you try expressing those naratives in a little more lengthy prose.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • Wilkin
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 1800

                      #130
                      Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                      Okay, kids, let's get back on topic:

                      1) Hans' death. Through all of this RR debating, we've seemed to miss what the real threat is here - the wolves. eb's seemed to have taken a break from human-bashing to make a halfway-worthwhile post, and I'm not sure about all this talk about Tass. We let this get the better of us with nForcer's death yesterday, and can't let this happen again. For all we know, the wolves are just flying under the radar while all this side talk goes on.

                      2) My coming out. eb said it was selfish, while Tass said there were no downsides. I'd just like to make this clear - I came out because it doesn't hurt the humans. How so, you ask, what with being one less option for the wolves to consider while looking for the blues? Well, by exposing myself, I'm saving the humans a wasted seering and a wasted lynching (lest I come out right before my lynching, looking like a desperate wolf), which, in my opinion, overcomes the increased chance of a blue death. It's been said multiple times so far, but we can't rely on the seer/guardian to win the game.

                      3) Kefit. I don't believe it was a wasted lynch. It was a much more secure decision than just trusting Iggy (no offense), and it puts a guaranteed human as the center of the alliance. Plus, it throws a stick in the spokes of the wolves. With so many prime choices for a kill (myself, Kefit, possible blues), they'll have to get around the guardian's train of thought if he intends to go for either myself or Kefit. Also, I'd like to hear from Kefit in the thread on his thoughts about this and the alliance.

                      More to come as the day develops.


                      Oh, and just because none has been posted:

                      Kefit (6) - Guido, Hans, Mini, Tps, Kefit, Kilga
                      eb (3) - Fish, Wilkin, Iggy
                      Tass (1) - Talisman
                      Iggy (1) - Afro

                      Phantoms (4) - eb, ddr, Tass, LD


                      And here's how things are today:

                      Tass (2) - Tps, ddr
                      Tps (1) - Tass

                      Left to vote (11) - everyone else
                      l
                      WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                      ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                      ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                      OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                      Comment

                      • iggymatrixcounter
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 1924

                        #131
                        Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                        lol at wilkin always doing the host's job.

                        Anyways:
                        1) Hans kill, to me, just seemed like blue hunting, but if you look at everything, it could have just as well been planned. Hans didn't get a phantom (it matters a lot more since we are at an even amount of people at the moment.)

                        Hans made a post (67) that the second night seer choice should come out. Why he wouldn't say night 1 is weird I guess. But I reasoned that either: hans was seer and choose myself, wilkin, or kefit as his first nihgt pick and just slipped up, OR hans was the night 1 choice and didn't want to lead anything. I kind of think it's the latter. So there is some reason to why hans would die if you can't accept random kills lol.

                        Now after rereading the thread I found a couple reasons why any given person could be a wolf.

                        TASS: strongest wolf choice. Wanted judas and saulus to come out, making it easier for wolf picks. (Yes there were some human benefits but those benefits could have been just as easily achieved if judas went to saulus privately.) He posted how judas could work with the alliance as a good thing, which I thought was wack since as soon as judas turned all would break lose. Even though he got a phantom, he posted a vote on guido, which was weird since he wanted kefit dead and thought it was a good idea. He does the classic, "I'll post my reasoning on my vote tomorrow." line. Which I don't think makes you a wolf, it probably makes you more human but whatever.

                        FISH: maybe my second choice. during the day he suggested that 1) the seer, 2) judas 3) saulus 4)vampire should come out. Now granted they were all at different times with different circumstances, but he basically wanted all roles to reveal themselves at one point or another. Which would make wolf picks easier right?

                        TALISMAN: hmmm I'm going to stretch some information here to get talisman to be a wolf. But basically back to hans 67 post. I know I missed it the first time reading it, but he quoted it saying it was a good idea. Course you wonder if he considered whether or not it mattered that hans said night 2 over night 1. He could have just said it was a good idea but found that hans must have been human or seer or something, and just went with it. (oh yea I'm hurting that much for dirt lol)

                        KILGA: meh, said kefit would never lie about his role as saulus, even though the benfits for doing so would be an almost autowin for the wolves. He could have suggested that kefit would never lie just to make sure people knew he wasn't faking.

                        AFRO: He voted me lol nuff said. But seriously, I was talking to him before day ended, and he didn't want to vote eb because they were tight. He was kind of iffy about killing kefit, which was why I was mad about him not doing anything to stop it, even though he had to kill his MS buddy.

                        GUIDO: When he was prosecutor last game he was helpful but not posting much. Could be reversing his gameplan. Course I really have nothing against him for now.

                        MININEO: another inactive person I can't get much dirt on. But I've always had this philosophy that if there isn't anything wrong with a player, he's probably a really cautious wolf. And therefore I will run with that.

                        DDR: can't read him well. Obviously knows the game but doesn't really know this game's rules. Seems dumb to me so he could easily be putting out facts that he needs clarification on just so he as something to post about, when really he knows what is going on.

                        EB: lol I liked his day 1 posts. He definitely sees right through what is going on and sees what needs to be done. Course finding all these flaws and not suggesting any opinions on how to proceed is not the best way to go. Doesn't necessarily make him a wolf profile but is distracting and unhelpful either way.

                        TPS: lol right after someone (I think it was EB) posts to make sure kefit DOESN'T get insta'd, he votes kefit. Way to go wolf.

                        So after reviewing this I'd say my top 4 picks are tass, fish, talisman, and mini at this point. But I know I'm wrong somewhere since the more someone posts, the more things I find wrong with them XD.
                        lastfm
                        PANDORA

                        Comment

                        • Wilkin
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 1800

                          #132
                          Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                          Everyone's forgetting about LD, by the way. If we're looking for an inactive, under the radar wolf, then we have a pretty strong lead.
                          l
                          WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                          ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                          ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                          OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #133
                            Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                            Originally posted by iggy
                            Horrible idea to have two leaders. Especially Kefit and I. We disagree on every matter that is twg. Don't get me wrong he's good (really good) but he is totally opposite on everything I think.
                            I don't know, might not be such a bad idea to have two leaders. Although both knowing the other specials (guardian/seer) at the same time might be a bit dangerous. Perhaps it could be kefit at first and then iggy? Iggy (presumably) won't get wolfed. Is stuff still up in the air about whether or not kefit/wilkin switched? I still find that rather unlikely, but it's probably worth settling.

                            Interesting about this anti-tass movement sprouting up so quickly. I can sort of agree with it looking at how he moved for judas/saulus both to come out and how he supported the idea that wilkin and kefit had switched and made us all doubt ourselves and whatnot, but at the time both of those seemed like pretty solidly founded ideas (well maybe not so much the latter, that was more of "concern worth raising" or something). Tass is always a tricky bastard to read, either way.

                            Also interesting that ddrdancer is like "I find revenge votes suspicious etc <vote>tass</vote>" and then says "oh has nothing to do with the person". What? First you imply you're voting for him because of the revenge vote, then you say that the vote has nothing to do with him. Seems odd to me.

                            Wilkin: everyone always forgets ld. And are we just looking for an "inactive, under the radar wolf"?

                            Comment

                            • Wilkin
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 1800

                              #134
                              Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                              Just saying that if it comes to that, we have a prime suspect.
                              l
                              WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                              ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                              ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                              OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                              Comment

                              • ddrdanc3r55
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 346

                                #135
                                Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                                I just said Tass, because that's who comes to mind when I wanted to vote for anybody. When we actually get D2 started, I'll change it.

                                I also know the rules of this game, it's just that nothing is being said right now.

                                Also, I understand that it seems that I'm like a noob right now, it's just that my words are really coming out wrong (altough sometimes it's not that).

                                Comment

                                Working...