TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iggymatrixcounter
    FFR Veteran
    • Nov 2003
    • 1924

    #286
    Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

    @talisman: insta lynch is only 4.1 for someone other than eb or ld.

    EX. If eb got 4.1 votes total, that would mean that only 3 people voted for him and there would still be 5 others that could swing their votes to someone else.

    If DDR got 4.1 votes (he has a phantom) then that would still mean that there are 4 people that still need to vote, and they all could swing on to EB or LD.

    I think for an instalynch, it would have to be 5 votes on someone as that would be the majority. (Even 4 votes on EB could be countered with 4 votes back to LD for a KitB.)

    But going for one or the other isn't a great idea. Make the wolves do that to setup their victory rather than us doing it for them. Also if we killed one of them then the wolves would most likely kill wilkin and they would have another red vote for themselves. And if there were two wolves left (which is what I think) then they would autowin tomorrow. (wilkin + 2 wolves + 1.1 = 4.1 votes that can't be countered.) If we levae it alone then we still get another day.
    lastfm
    PANDORA

    Comment

    • iggymatrixcounter
      FFR Veteran
      • Nov 2003
      • 1924

      #287
      Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

      Talisman you should get on AIM so I can discuss this with you XD.

      DO NOT KILL EB OR LD EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

      The wolf pool should be from the following:

      Kilga
      DDR,
      mini

      That is it.
      lastfm
      PANDORA

      Comment

      • talisman
        Resident Penguin
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2003
        • 4598

        #288
        Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

        dunno this is what the rules say:

        4. An Insta-Lynch is considered MORE than 50% of all votes on any given day. Phantom votes are considered a minimal fraction of a vote for all intensive purposes (ex. .001 of a vote). If there are 7 players and no phantoms, 4 is needed for an Insta. If there are 8 players and no phantoms, 5 is needed. If there are 7 players + 1 phantom (7.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (3 real + phantom = 3.001, which is not greater than 50%). If there are 8 players + 1 phantom (8.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (4.001 is greater than 50% of 8.001).

        4a. In the event of a tie vote, the Vice President of the United States casts the tiebreaking vote.

        4b. Rule for multiple phantoms: any phantom above the 1st shall be treated as a full vote. 2 phantoms = 1.001 votes, 5 phantoms = 4.001 votes. All rules of 4 still solely apply for persons with multiple phantoms.

        ___

        so I think that means that 4.1 is instalynch. Also, how is eb going to die, if he's the wolf, and we never kill him?

        Comment

        • Kilgamayan
          Super Scooter Happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2003
          • 6583

          #289
          Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

          An instalynch occurs when the numerical value of all votes on a given target exceeds (number of people still in the game)/2. This is independent of the number of people that have actually voted.

          In fact, if a game goes long enough and someone gathers enough phantoms, then they can get insta'd without a single player voting.
          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

          Comment

          • evilbutterfly
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2003
            • 5784

            #290
            Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

            DO NOT KILL EB OR LD EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
            I like this idea, but some explaination would be nice.

            Also, the multiple phantom rules weren't ever completely clarified, I think. What talisman is saying I think are the actual rules, but if you ask me (and I've said this before and a long time ago) you should add up all the possible votes (including phantoms) and THEN divide by 2, not just say insta = players/2. So in this case, we have 8 players + 2.003 phantom = 10.003 possible votes, so 5.0015 would be insta. That's slightly more than 5 and a phantom, so 6 would be insta, wouldn't it?

            Yeah, phantoms just kinda fck up instas altogether, really. I'm really sorry I got any, let alone TWO. -__-

            Also, if the wolf(ves) attack Wilkin we'll be told it's a guard, right? If that's the case, how will we know if Wilkin is a wolf buddy or if the wolf(ves) attacked talisman in a last ditch effort? Should we lynch Wilkin right away in that instance or wait? o__O
            So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

            In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

            So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
            And I write the blog for their website.

            Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

            Comment

            • iggymatrixcounter
              FFR Veteran
              • Nov 2003
              • 1924

              #291
              Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

              Something tells me that the wolves won't go for wilkin until they need his vote for an auto-win.

              Therefore discussing what to do with wilkin wouldn't be very productive.
              lastfm
              PANDORA

              Comment

              • iggymatrixcounter
                FFR Veteran
                • Nov 2003
                • 1924

                #292
                Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                Originally posted by Kilgamayan
                An instalynch occurs when the numerical value of all votes on a given target exceeds (number of people still in the game)/2. This is independent of the number of people that have actually voted.

                In fact, if a game goes long enough and someone gathers enough phantoms, then they can get insta'd without a single player voting.
                That doesn't make sense because if you looked at my example, there are cases where it is possible for 2 people to get: > players/2 votes.
                lastfm
                PANDORA

                Comment

                • Kilgamayan
                  Super Scooter Happy
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 6583

                  #293
                  Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                  Except it isn't possible, because once one of eb and DDR got 4.1 votes voting would stop instantly. There would be no opportunity for everyone else to swing to the other guy.
                  I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                  Comment

                  • talisman
                    Resident Penguin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4598

                    #294
                    Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                    hmmmmm. Just reread and it's pretty hard to read.

                    kilga/eb/mini/ddr.... defend/attack amongst yourselves. I want to see your reasoning and logical skills at work here. I've got some ideas myself, but I'm not going to put any pressure on anyone, for now.

                    One quick question though, kilga why were you so quick to vote for tass and guido but not afro?

                    Comment

                    • ddrdanc3r55
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 346

                      #295
                      Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                      Okay, I'm sure a lot of you think I'm a good candidate for a lynch, but I guess I have to give some reasons why, if I want to survive.

                      When Fish made his analysis on page 9, I agreed with Fish for the most part, but I disagreed with his analysis on Kilga, even before suspicion was on me at all. Also, it probably wouldn't be smart for me to agree with Fish if Neo was a 50/50 at being a wolf.

                      Comment

                      • Kilgamayan
                        Super Scooter Happy
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 6583

                        #296
                        Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                        Originally posted by talisman
                        One quick question though, kilga why were you so quick to vote for tass and guido but not afro?
                        When I first showed up there, it was at the point where Afro had a whole bunch of votes but hadn't said anything yet so he was getting the standard "grace period" to explain himself before his head got cut off. Afro said he had a "legitimate reason" for us to not vote for him so I was willing to give him a chance to explain himself, but by the time he produced his lame excuse I had moved on to packing up to move out and so I completely forgot about TWG until about 12:30. >_>

                        I was around in the early stages for both Tass and Guido so I threw my vote in then just in case I forgot about it later (like I did with Afro).
                        I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                        Comment

                        • MiniNeo
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 454

                          #297
                          Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                          Okay.

                          Iggy, I do not get your logic on why not to kill Ld or eb. As someone mentioned, it takes 3 wolves today to jump on either of them to force a game win for the wolves. If we let either of them live past this day then it only takes 2 wolves to get the auto win... I know the chances of this happening is really slim but oh well, just pointing it out.

                          Why eb should be dead: look above.
                          Why ddrdancer should be dead: For pretty much acting like a second me for the entire game, only more inactive? >_>
                          Why kilga should be dead: I don't know why I can never find him suspicious lol, <3.

                          PS These are all typed without re reading the thread what so ever, might do that sometime later. Thats all for now.

                          Comment

                          • Kilgamayan
                            Super Scooter Happy
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Feb 2003
                            • 6583

                            #298
                            Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                            Okay.

                            Why I shouldn't die: Because I'm human? >_> Apparently people want me saying this now even though I think it's stupid. Maybe it makes me more believable. I dunno. Seriously though, I really hope Kefit talked to you about any of the conversations we had; about how I cared so very, very little and how I was going to duplicate his every vote without question. I believe the act of latching on to the alliance leader and agreeing with them at every turn has been done exactly once as a wolf (LD in Game 17), and they got caught. Bear in mind that I watched it happen as the host. If I were a wolf now, I wouldn't like those odds (and I sure wouldn't have gone after Kefit that early out of fear of the guardian).

                            ***

                            Neo:

                            - Get a damn avatar.

                            - Useless one-liner on Day 1 followed by a quickie look-good vote for Kefit. Rule clarification line for eb.

                            - Quickie question about current alliance status. Pokes some suspicion in Tass' direction with the phantom Tass garnered. Asks for an explanation from Tps which had been promised but yet to be produced. Votes for eb using Fish's reasoning.

                            - Asks about the inconsistencies in the story. Wants Kefit to tell him what to do, while offering the idea of LD or eb.Middle-of-the-pack vote for Afro.

                            - Is seemingly surprised at the third "successful" seering in a row. Asks me about why I wanted a player list.

                            - Gives thoughts on everyone being examined.

                            ***

                            Randumb:

                            - Post that Tass rips to shreds as Tass is wont to do. Useless "yeah let's think this over" post. After-lynch post about how "oh damn I was going to go along with the crowd".

                            - Calls revenge votes retarded and threatens to study Tass more closely. Votes for Tass to avoid another phantom but makes sure to point out that the vote is in no way concrete. Explanation of said vote and how it isn't concrete. Conversation with Iggy; hell if I'm reading all that. Votes for Tps using Fish's reasoning. Realizes that I haven't cared yet.

                            - Votes LD for inactivity.

                            - Votes Guido because of the seer's report.

                            - Acknowledges that he's in pretty hot water and starts to look at the others stewing with him.

                            ***

                            eb:

                            - Essay apologizing for inactivity. Yelling at everyone for coming out. Vote after the fact for Kefit.

                            - Question about how phantoms are going to affect lynches from here on out.

                            - Explains why he forgot to vote the previous day and puts a safety down. More angst about inactivity and how its giving him negative attention.

                            - Ideas on who should replace Kefit as the alliance head and ideas for the guardian. Seems to likes the idea of the seer coming out, which he hadn't thought of. Explanaiton for future inactivity and current non-vote. Angst at randumb (weren't you playing MapleStory?).

                            - Asks about the multiple phantoms dealie.

                            ***

                            Based on all this, I conclude the following, in order from most suspicious to least:

                            Randumb, then eb, then a whole bunch of empty space, then Neo. I can also see Randumb and eb being partners, with only one red seering not being a frame.

                            I'll provide some thoughts behind this conclusion when I come back from grocery shopping and the bank.
                            I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                            Comment

                            • MiniNeo
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2004
                              • 454

                              #299
                              Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                              "Asks me about why I wanted a player list."

                              You asked "Is there anything wrong with it" and I took that as "Do you think there are people that are still alive that weren't supposed to be?", so yeah.

                              PS no avatar is the best avatar <3

                              Comment

                              • talisman
                                Resident Penguin
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • May 2003
                                • 4598

                                #300
                                Re: TWG XXXI: A Blast From The Past

                                oh also if you guys have any convos lying around please post them (no need to post ones with me, I have those). make it small text though.

                                Comment

                                Working...