TWG X - DAY 6 - CYPHER DECIPHERD - HUMANS WIN

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CypherToorima
    Boss of all bosses
    • Jul 2003
    • 2452

    #76
    Sorry everyone, but I am not going to be able to get on for the rest of the night, so I'm going to vote for aperson. It's nothing against him, it's just that I don't think he'll get enough voted to pull into the lead. If I somehow cause his lynch, I am going to apologize in advanced (unless he's a wolf, then I'll just say "I told you so" )
    I'm a figantic gaggot

    Comment

    • Kilgamayan
      Super Scooter Happy
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2003
      • 6583

      #77
      All right, since the dealine draws near, I'm going to place my vote on HansSky.

      Every game he has some crazy magical clairvoyant gut feeling that always turns out to be partially correct. So far in this game, he's posted two or three times, meaning he's around and paying attention.

      So where is it?
      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #78
        My random integer function on my calculator tells me that Whorlichan is a wolf.

        PS for those who don't know, that's a random vote, and it's subject to change whenever I feel like it.

        Comment

        • whorlichan
          Tiny Plastic Meat
          • Apr 2004
          • 669

          #79
          Whorli's Awesomely Cool Totally Not Ripped Off From Anyone Voting Guide:

          Tps222 (3) - mead1, JurseyRider734, Kefit
          evilbutterfly (1) - Matthew4444
          mead1 (1) - evilbutterfly
          roopert (1) - Tps222
          eyespewgreekfire (1) - aperson
          aperson (1) - CypherToorima
          HansSky (1) - Kilgamayan
          Whorlichan (1) - Afrobean
          JurseyRider734 (1) - Whorlichan

          So Tps has 3 votes and is leading the count because...well, let's see the reasoing:

          His posts seem to lead to the conclusion that he thinks voting off a wolf would be a bad idea, (paraphrasing blatantly stolen from mead1) and that he wants to vote off inactive people. We already know inactivity =/= wolfishness, so people are getting on his case.

          Jursey voted for him because she thinks he's acting dumb not very human-like. Personally, I don't think she's acting all too human, or too smart either for that matter. Part of this game is reading closely what each person says, and she glossed over my voting guide without even bothering to read it. What if I'd said something important? (Not that I think my voting guide isn't important, but there wasn't much discussion in that post.) She would have missed it. Not only that, she is creating a bandwagon situation by jumping right on what mead has said.

          Kefit is suspicious of Tps and has been from the start; he quoted him on page 4 as
          stating that [Kefit] might be a "good night one lynching" under the assumption that [Kefit is] human.
          And to quote Kefit himself,
          Lynching a human is never a good lynching.
          This is a good reason to distrust him; however I'm not completely certain that Tps isn't just an ignorant human.

          And while I was typing all this up I got voted for. Afro, haven't we decided that random votes (which you say yourself it is) are pointless? I'm not inactive enough for you to want to use this vote to call me out, and you can't say that my very presence here is wolf-like, as I had very good real-life reasons to be inactive when I was a wolf (also the other games I played in, in which I was ALSO human).

          I don't want to place a revenge vote, as Afro has done nothing to seem suspicious to this point, and voting for me is not a good enough reason. Having read Jursey's posts closely (as she does not seem to have done for anyone else), I'm convinced that she is a wolf.

          EDIT TO ADD: Okay, not "convinced." Bad phrasing. But I am more suspicious of her than I am of anyone else at this point.
          Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
          First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
          My lame LJ
          My friend Cassie's amazing photography

          Comment

          • HansSky
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2003
            • 1925

            #80
            Some crazy clairvoyant gut feeling? Eh. I did, in fact have one thus far. But my strongest one did not say who was a wolf, but actually, who was a mason. But I have had some feelings about a wolf, but logic tells me differently. About that one person.

            But there is one person that logic tells me is wolfish, and I have not been comfortable at all talking to about the game to. I have been going back and forth of who to vote for, and I've decided that my vote goes to Jurs.


            I've been getting somewhat annoyed with Tps and his bad logic about voting for inactive people, and aperson has rolled dice to place his vote? People, I really don't think this is how the game should be played. But do what you gotta do, I suppose.

            But with Jurs, she has been acting the way I was acting in Infiltration. Especially in the chat. I tried to avoid talking to people in the game, so I could just avoid lynches by just flying under the radar. It seems to me she is trying to do exactly the same thing.

            I just hope I'm right.
            hi

            Comment

            • JurseyRider734
              lil j the bad b-word
              • Aug 2003
              • 7507

              #81
              Originally posted by whorlichan
              Whorli's Awesomely Cool Totally Not Ripped Off From Anyone Voting Guide:

              Tps222 (3) - mead1, JurseyRider734, Kefit
              evilbutterfly (1) - Matthew4444
              mead1 (1) - evilbutterfly
              roopert (1) - Tps222
              eyespewgreekfire (1) - aperson
              aperson (1) - CypherToorima
              HansSky (1) - Kilgamayan
              Whorlichan (1) - Afrobean
              JurseyRider734 (1) - Whorlichan

              So Tps has 3 votes and is leading the count because...well, let's see the reasoing:

              His posts seem to lead to the conclusion that he thinks voting off a wolf would be a bad idea, (paraphrasing blatantly stolen from mead1) and that he wants to vote off inactive people. We already know inactivity =/= wolfishness, so people are getting on his case.

              Jursey voted for him because she thinks he's acting dumb not very human-like. Personally, I don't think she's acting all too human, or too smart either for that matter. Part of this game is reading closely what each person says, and she glossed over my voting guide without even bothering to read it. What if I'd said something important? (Not that I think my voting guide isn't important, but there wasn't much discussion in that post.) She would have missed it. Not only that, she is creating a bandwagon situation by jumping right on what mead has said.

              Kefit is suspicious of Tps and has been from the start; he quoted him on page 4 as
              stating that [Kefit] might be a "good night one lynching" under the assumption that [Kefit is] human.
              And to quote Kefit himself,
              Lynching a human is never a good lynching.
              This is a good reason to distrust him; however I'm not completely certain that Tps isn't just an ignorant human.

              And while I was typing all this up I got voted for. Afro, haven't we decided that random votes (which you say yourself it is) are pointless? I'm not inactive enough for you to want to use this vote to call me out, and you can't say that my very presence here is wolf-like, as I had very good real-life reasons to be inactive when I was a wolf (also the other games I played in, in which I was ALSO human).

              I don't want to place a revenge vote, as Afro has done nothing to seem suspicious to this point, and voting for me is not a good enough reason. Having read Jursey's posts closely (as she does not seem to have done for anyone else), I'm convinced that she is a wolf.

              EDIT TO ADD: Okay, not "convinced." Bad phrasing. But I am more suspicious of her than I am of anyone else at this point.

              It seems to me that aperson and whorli are trying to point out that I don't read posts, which I do. On page 5 I was looking for a voting chart in the Excel format, and I noticed I didn't see one, and I didn't have anything to post yet other than asking for one. It seems pretty ignorant and stupid for you to be suspicious of me because of a careless mistake. How else do you think I came to the conclusion of Tps acting like an idiot? By NOT reading his posts? Besides, I don't think it's fair to judge whether or not i'm acting stupidly. I've all seen you do your share as well. The only reason I wasn't on topic in the chat was because NO ONE ELSE WAS. You also say that Kefit has been suspicious of Tps since page 4? What if I was suspicous of him since page 3? At least I have something to go on, and not random voting. Since when is agreeing with people against the rules? Maybe I think you're playing stupidly, but i'm not going to come out like aperson as well as you did and say that you're acting it.
              Originally posted by Arch0wl
              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

              Comment

              • whorlichan
                Tiny Plastic Meat
                • Apr 2004
                • 669

                #82
                But Jursey, if all you're looking for is an Excel spreadsheet then you're NOT reading the posts, at least not enough to notice that what you're asking for is already there. You're looking for a picture and ignoring the writing that says the same thing.

                I did not say you're acting stupid, but I don't think you're playing this as intelligently as you can. Nor did I say that I was the all-powerful, all-knowing uber-intelligent Goddess of TWG (that post has been taken by Tass, who's fighting for it against blah ). I know I make mistakes, and I know I'm not the best at this game--not even very good, in my own opinion, but I enjoy it. And one of the many reasons I enjoy it is because it takes thought and careful reading, and glossing over things is just not going to work.

                Also, I am indeed glad that you're not placing random votes, because I think that is a terrible mistake for people to make, even on Day 1. So kudos to you for that. But hey, can we get some paragraph breaks in there? Big blocks of text = painful to read.
                Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
                First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
                My lame LJ
                My friend Cassie's amazing photography

                Comment

                • Tps222
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 6169

                  #83
                  Ok I never said that voting off a wolf would be bad. Maybe my wording was wrong, all I meant to say was that the probabilty of the person that gets killed tonight is going to be human, so instead of random voting, like afro and a few others have done, I tried to take a logical solution to solve the whole "day one chaos". Apparently trying something new counts as suspicious. All I suggested as that since we have a high probability of getting a human, it would be a good idea to lynch one that is not helping us right now, to minimize our losses, but, if by luck chance he as a wolf, It would be a plus for us, that's all I meant by that last sentance. I'm not trying to be defensive but getting lynched for trying to solve the day one choas is stupid, and is better then random voting.

                  Mead said
                  Tps, another problem with the "damage control" lynching is this: One of the main things you can catch a wolf on is by how they vote. If the humans voted for Kilga/Kefit, the wolves would bandwagon,
                  . No intelligent wolf would ever bandwagon on day one. EVER. There is never enough evidence to, so it would look too suspicous.

                  The peopel who voted for me had no credible explanation for there voting process, except for kefit. Though, the only evidence he had was my wording, and the fact that we would be in the same situation tommarrow, which is not true. There would be a wolfing to go off of, and the rest of the special roles would find something out, and hopefully hint something to us. Also, when have we ever got a wolf on day one, none in which I have played, it was all just random voting.

                  Sorry if this post comes out defensive, but i'm really pissed that I try a new idea out, and it automatically makes the newbs scream wolf. Though, I am still going with my inactivity vote, but just for TODAY! Then i will be back to evidence. My vote is still staying with Roopert, for he hasn't voted, and phantoms are helpfull to wolves on night one.

                  Comment

                  • alainbryden
                    Seen your member
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 2873

                    #84
                    The Jursey Defence

                    As much as I hate to bring this up, I think age has to be taken into account a little. As much as Jursey knows her way around ffr, I don't expect her to take the same initiative in sub-face value analysis and staying relevant in chat as some others in this forum. That being said I think a moment of bad judgement, irrelevance, low effort, or shallow thought, whatever you want to call the shortcoming, isn't a good enough reason to find Jursey's behavior of consequence.

                    This isn't to say I don't get wolf vibes from her too, but I've become wearily used to them, even when TWG isn't on

                    laundy, I'll post more in a while.

                    (edited for title)
                    ~NEIGH

                    Comment

                    • alainbryden
                      Seen your member
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 2873

                      #85
                      The TPS Defence

                      I just want to point out that the whole reason people are voting TPS is that strategy he just talked about right?

                      Well I don't know if anyone read my post before his with that strategy, or just didn't understand it, but that is the exact same thing I said. If you all read/understood my post, why didn't you go vote crazy on me for it?

                      I actually think TPS read my post, and sort of got it, but not really, and came up with his version and reposted it. I baisically said the same thing. If we have no leads by the end of the day, randomly vote a bad player, at least then if it does turn out to be a human (75% for a random vote) then it won't be any great loss to us.

                      This is exactly what TPS is suggesting, yet he got harassed for the idea and I'm not. Lay off TPS and lay off Jurs for a bit. I'm gonna read the thread, some comversations, put together some quotes, and make my vote. Then you can all bandwagon on me. I say this sarcastically. You shouldn't. But that's what most of you have been doing so far, whether you notice or not.
                      ~NEIGH

                      Comment

                      • Kilgamayan
                        Super Scooter Happy
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 6583

                        #86
                        Originally posted by alainbryden
                        Then you can all bandwagon on me. I say this sarcastically. You shouldn't. But that's what most of you have been doing so far, whether you notice or not.
                        I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                        Comment

                        • JurseyRider734
                          lil j the bad b-word
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 7507

                          #87
                          Originally posted by Tps222
                          My vote is still staying with Roopert, for he hasn't voted, and phantoms are helpfull to wolves on night one.

                          So wait, are you saying you're TRYING to help the wolves? If this isn't what you mean, please restate it...because that's what it's coming across as.

                          During reading Tps's explaination, I was seriously considering changing my vote until I came to this statement.
                          Originally posted by Arch0wl
                          I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                          the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                          Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                          Comment

                          • alainbryden
                            Seen your member
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2003
                            • 2873

                            #88
                            I'll explain Jursey.

                            If roopert is a wolf, and he's trying to get a phantom, then that takes suspicion off him right? A wolf might just risk that.

                            If roopert is a human, and he gets a phantom, if he's still alive when there is one day left, the wolves can have an easy time picking him off and winning the game with his phantom, providing an odd number of people are left.

                            By this logic, getting rid of someone with a phantom, who is inactive is more likely beneficial than getting rid of someone without a phantom.


                            Either way, it will likely change, if and when roopert comes back to vote, there are many who haven't voted yet.
                            ~NEIGH

                            Comment

                            • alainbryden
                              Seen your member
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 2873

                              #89
                              The HansSky Defence

                              Kilga, I wouldn't vote for Hans for that at all. Even if you're joking, don't give these noobs any ideas.

                              Hans never like talking about his gut feelings, either because he was afraid of being wrong, or he didn't want to influence people and seem wolfy, or he thought it was wrong to base decisions on a mere feeling.

                              To tell the truth, he has discussed his "gut" feelings with me, but I think he's right in not posting them here. People have come to mock him for such predictions, and he doesn't feel they play a role in the game, it's just something cool for him. He certainly doesn't make any jugements based on them and he doesn't expect anyone to take them seriously.

                              So don't vote hans just because he's going the right thing and not answering all your proddings about his gut.
                              ~NEIGH

                              Comment

                              • JurseyRider734
                                lil j the bad b-word
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 7507

                                #90
                                Originally posted by HansSky
                                Some crazy clairvoyant gut feeling? Eh. I did, in fact have one thus far. But my strongest one did not say who was a wolf, but actually, who was a mason. But I have had some feelings about a wolf, but logic tells me differently. About that one person.

                                But there is one person that logic tells me is wolfish, and I have not been comfortable at all talking to about the game to. I have been going back and forth of who to vote for, and I've decided that my vote goes to Jurs.


                                I've been getting somewhat annoyed with Tps and his bad logic about voting for inactive people, and aperson has rolled dice to place his vote? People, I really don't think this is how the game should be played. But do what you gotta do, I suppose.

                                But with Jurs, she has been acting the way I was acting in Infiltration. Especially in the chat. I tried to avoid talking to people in the game, so I could just avoid lynches by just flying under the radar. It seems to me she is trying to do exactly the same thing.

                                I just hope I'm right.

                                I decided i'd come back to this, since I have decided to change my vote from Tps after alain's explaination(thank you<3)

                                Let's see...since when did you know if I was avoiding talking to people? When I was in the chat, I RARELY, very rarely, saw you say a WORD. Is this a repeat of Infiltration? Because I recall talking a lot to the people in there. If I was a wolf, yes, I would do what you did. But i'm not doing what you did...you're making it look like I was using your strategy. For all these people know, they could agree with you. Probably the fact that we talk all the time could be an alibi for knowing I don't talk to people. In actuality, I do. Why are you trying to make up something about me not talking? Also:

                                Hans: It's always my first one that's right.
                                Hans: My first one wasn't/isn't with you.

                                Then why did you change it to me, Hans?
                                Originally posted by Arch0wl
                                I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                                the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                                Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                                Comment

                                Working...