TWG X - DAY 6 - CYPHER DECIPHERD - HUMANS WIN

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mead1
    Cerebellumberjack
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2003
    • 3960

    #151
    Not to mention jurs was in the AIM chat, and the IRC chat, so she probably saw how much of an asset he could be to the humans. The Tps idea makes sense as well.

    Comment

    • evilbutterfly
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2003
      • 5784

      #152
      Originally posted by blah, the host,
      It is now day 2, this will close at 12:00 noon on friday, Feb, 4.
      Good luck
      Um, guys, that means we have less than 16 hours. I, for one, will be at school for at least 5 of those, and asleep for about 6. So, I have 3 and a half hours now and a matter of minutes in the morning. We've just gotten to a 2nd page on Day 2, which sorely disappoints me. So far, the only leads we have to follow are me for my stupid post right after the day started (which I already explained) and Afro's logic about Tps and Jurs.

      I still would like to believe that Jurs was just being dumb Day 1 and isn't a wolf, but may be she's just acting dumb to fool us. She likes the reverse psycho stuff, doesn't she? Anywho, I'm not voting now. I probably won't vote until the morning, in the 2 minutes I have because I'm always running late, it seems. Hopefully somebody can give me some good evidence so my vote isn't random.
      So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

      In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

      So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
      And I write the blog for their website.

      Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

      Comment

      • whorlichan
        Tiny Plastic Meat
        • Apr 2004
        • 669

        #153
        Afro, I completely agree. Both Tps and Jursey were acting suspicious yesterday--I still think Jursey was the more suspicious. I also think she's using the fact that many of the old-timers here (alain, i'm pointing at you) know that she acts immature and rather dumb ALL of the time as an excuse to cover up for her wolfish behavior yesterday.

        So I still think Jursey is a wolf, and I hope the rest of you realize it.
        Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
        First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
        My lame LJ
        My friend Cassie's amazing photography

        Comment

        • blahblah18
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2004
          • 1662

          #154
          I"m pretty disappointed in the lack of stuff going on in the thread.... I thought over 36 horus was enough, and it definately should be. I hope as it seems to be that you're all talking on AIM and in chats. Everyone don't forget to vote.
          but for now... postCount++

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #155
            Ok, as per eb's notice on the upcoming deadline(tonight will be my last time to see the thread), I will put in my vote now. I vote jurs. I already explained why she's a wolf in my last post on the previous page.

            Comment

            • Matthew4444
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2004
              • 139

              #156
              I didn't realize how little time we had. To prevent a phantom, I'm voting eb until I have had a chance to review all available material. I'm currently playing catch-up as it is, so I haven't had much time to keep up to date. Hope this changes on the weekend at least.
              postcount += 1
              I am also known as TheDarkNerd, if that makes any difference.

              Comment

              • Kilgamayan
                Super Scooter Happy
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2003
                • 6583

                #157
                I'm going to take a stab and vote alainbryden.

                His attitude during the day yesterday seemed a bit too commanding and overbearing. Maybe as a quiet player I'm just naturally suspicious of the vocal ones, but not many are as vocal as he was yesterday.

                I was talking to ap privately yesterday as well, and he felt the same way. ap mentioned how it was very possible alain was "making the rest of us play ping-pong between two humans" (referring to Jursey and Tps). I think ap also voiced a small concern for alain in the AIM chat, but it didn't get too much discussion from what I remember.

                I know he said he was seered in the chat today, but with the presence of the devil I have no idea how dependable that really is. Plus he was asked a couple times who was seen today, and after several minutes of silence it took asking him a few more times before he finally said he "regretted bringing it up".
                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #158
                  My opinion on the subject of alain: he is himself the devil. Think about it. It makes sense with all the things he said in the chat.

                  Comment

                  • evilbutterfly
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2003
                    • 5784

                    #159
                    He said he didn't want the other who was seered to be revealed and wolfed. As was said in the chat (and debated about), it's probable that me or him will be guardianed, so he's able to come forward. He didn't say anything for the same reason Hans won't reveal his gut feelings. Either he reveals a wolf and gets killed for that or he reveals a human who gets wolfed in order to stop any alliances that may form.
                    So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                    In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                    So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                    And I write the blog for their website.

                    Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                    Comment

                    • Kefit
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2003
                      • 1517

                      #160
                      I just had an interesting discussion with Guido that I would like everyone to take a look at. For a bit of back information, Alain let it slip in the chat today that he was in contact with the seer, and that he had been seen. Then Guido contacted me, and this happened:

                      Ares113: Hmm.
                      Kefit42: Hmm, you say?
                      Ares113: Yeah.
                      Kefit42: This random vote bullshit is making me more suspicious of eb
                      Ares113: Why, exactly? I mean, I really don't have much of an idea of who's a wolf.
                      Kefit42: He knows that random votes only harm the humans
                      Kefit42: And he has to have some suspicions by now
                      Ares113: (Sorry if you've said it already, but I haven't been able to pay much attention to the chat)
                      Ares113: Very well.
                      Ares113: Anyway, I've gotten word that EB came up clean. I'm not certain I trust my source, but that's just what I heard.
                      Kefit42: Care to elaborate on your source at all?
                      Kefit42: Because just saying that is rather meaningless
                      Ares113: Sigh. I know. But I just got all this information today, and it was pretty sketchy, so I'm going to try and make some sense of it first.
                      Ares113: Apparently EB doesn't know he's been seered, though.
                      Kefit42: Hmm?
                      Kefit42: So its from the seer, eh?
                      Kefit42: Or more accurately, from Alain
                      Kefit42: Interesting
                      Ares113: Well, I'm not exactly sure how to answer that question now.
                      Ares113: Are you suggesting that Alain's the seer?
                      Kefit42: Possibly
                      Kefit42: But I doubt the seer would contact you
                      Kefit42: At least contact you saying he was the seer
                      Kefit42: I mean you got hte info through alain
                      Ares113: On the off chance that I was the devil?
                      Kefit42: No
                      Kefit42: Because alain abd eb have been seen
                      Kefit42: Leaving no room to see you
                      Ares113: Unless alain is the actual seer.
                      Kefit42: Thats pretty suspicious the way you just said that
                      Kefit42: Yes
                      Kefit42: If Alain is the seer, then what you just said doesnt come off as bad
                      Kefit42: That's the only way it works out though
                      Ares113: Well, I was kind of confused as to why the seer wouldn't tell me after I've been seered. The only reason I figured he wouldn't was if I were the devil, which is a slim chance.
                      Kefit42: So you are again implying that you have been seered?
                      Ares113: No, not at all.
                      Ares113: I was replying to this: Kefit42 (8:50:33 PM): But I doubt the seer would contact you
                      Kefit42 (8:50:44 PM): At least contact you saying he was the seer
                      Kefit42: Exactly
                      Kefit42: If you hadn't been seen, that was all that needed to be said
                      Ares113: I was assuming you meant: "But I doubt the seer would contact you if he seered you"
                      Ares113: Yes, then I agree.
                      Ares113: That makes perfect sense that he wouldn't contact me.
                      Kefit42: I don't see how you could have possibly read that meaning into my words
                      Kefit42: It seems much more like a slip of the tongue to me
                      Ares113: Haha.
                      Ares113: Well, now that I look at the context, I guess I just assumed it. When the seer contacts someone, it's often because that person's been seered.
                      Kefit42: Yes
                      Kefit42: But you weren't contacted by the seer
                      Ares113: No, I wasn't.
                      Kefit42: You were contacted by Alain
                      Kefit42: who might be the seer
                      Ares113: Well, I contacted alain.
                      Kefit42: wait
                      Kefit42: You contacted him?
                      Kefit42: Meaning you haven't been seen at all
                      Kefit42: Your story is not matching up
                      Ares113: ???
                      Ares113: Okay.
                      Ares113: I have not been seen, if what alain tells me is true. The ONLY way I think I could have been seen is if alain was the seer, which is only speculation and, I feel, highly improbable.
                      Kefit42: Ok, let me start over then
                      Ares113: Yes, lets.
                      Kefit42: you established with me that eb had been seen
                      Kefit42: alain, in the chat had established that he had been seen
                      Ares113: That's what alain told me.
                      Kefit42: There have been two seeings so far
                      Ares113: Okay. Hang onl.
                      Ares113: Well, yes.
                      Ares113: I'm still quite suspicious of alain at the moment, though.
                      Ares113: But regardless, continue.
                      Kefit42: So, this means the seer has not seen you
                      Kefit42: UNless he is alain
                      Kefit42: But lets leave that possibility alone for now
                      Ares113: Yes.
                      Kefit42: Either way, you got your info through alain
                      Ares113: Yes.
                      Kefit42: Because not getting your info through alain would mean the seer contacted you himself
                      Kefit42: I said that wasn't likely to happen
                      Kefit42: At which point you immediately responded with the idea that he wouldn't contact you because you might tbe the devil
                      Ares113: Yes.
                      Ares113: And that's where I assumed.
                      Kefit42: Which makes no sense at all
                      Ares113: You're right; it doesn't.
                      Kefit42: Because it had already been established that you had not been seen
                      Ares113: I was thinking in a general sense.
                      Kefit42: Perhaps
                      Ares113: That a seer (not specifically in this game) not contacting me after seeing me would be strange, hence my remark.
                      Kefit42: But it strikes me much more as a clumsy slip of the tongue of someone who is trying to keep a lie going
                      Kefit42: Our conversation directly pertained to the game at hand
                      Ares113: Sigh.
                      Kefit42: Why would you make a general remark such as that?
                      Kefit42: Anyway, I am gonna see what the forum thinks of all this
                      Ares113: I made the remark because I assumed you said something you didn't. Why I did that, I cannot understand myself, but it's what happened.
                      Ares113: Okay.

                      Am I grasping at straws here, or might I be on to something?


                      Originally posted by seinno
                      and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?

                      Comment

                      • alainbryden
                        Seen your member
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 2873

                        #161
                        wtf @ kefit. I never said I saw Guido in chat. Someone asked who the seer had seen and I said that I was seen night one, and that I didn't feel comfortable saying anymore, because others aren't as likely to get seen as me.

                        I had a long discussion with guido about how we were planning to see him next, and if that's not what you got from what he was telling you, then you misinterpreted.

                        I didn't say it for the obvious reason that every wolf was probably in that room and saying who was seen was giving them all the effing information they needed to make their next kills. I was completely wrong in publicly mentioning that I knew the seer, on a hasty thought, I thought it would give everyone some hope and strategic thinking, instead it has you all rampant with confusion. I wish I hadn't said anything.

                        And Kilga, How can you say I was making you play pingpong between Jurs and TPS? I defended both of them all out, and then I switched to TPS accusations, who I doubted more, to save Jursey. I still think you are all very wrong for voting Jursey. She's not acting any different then usual, and she DEFINATELY doesn't have the skill to act completely the same as a wolf and as a human. She's suspicious for the same character reasons she always is, but her controvertiality does not make her wolfy at all. You are completely on the wrong track with her. Stop wasting your lynches on old ideas.
                        ~NEIGH

                        Comment

                        • HansSky
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 1925

                          #162
                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          Ok, we all agree on why ap was wolfed. I think now we should talk about who to lynch next.

                          So here's my reasoning as to why I'm even more sure that jurs is a wolf than before. We all know that wolves will vote for one another if they know that their comrade is doomed. Jurs was just about doomed. I think that TPS was a wolf and he voted for jurs thinking that later on, he would have no connection to her because he voted her. His plan backfired though and everyone jumped on his suspicious behavior and he ended up getting the lynch.

                          What do you all think of that?

                          No, Afro. I disagree. I did feel that Jurs could have been a wolf, but the way she conducted herself in chat made me feel differently. She was getting paranoid, and maybe was acting stupid. But, don't you think a wolf would tell her privately: "yo foo', stop actin' stupid". But she didn't really change her attitude, did she? She just got more pissed off. Nobody came to her defense except for me and alain, and I feel that these defenses a very logical and reasonable ones.

                          With that said, there are two people continuing to stay on the "Jurs is a wolf" train. Afro, and whorli. I am inclined to believe that one of you is acting stupid, and the other one is a wolf.


                          I find myself believing that whorli is more likely a wolf. She is acting very differently in this game than she has in others. I know she did move across the country, but still. It strikes me as odd.
                          hi

                          Comment

                          • JurseyRider734
                            lil j the bad b-word
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 7507

                            #163
                            I had been feeling the same way as Hans. I thought we all agreed that I was just acting stupid(which I admit, I was), but I also backed it up with a logical explaination in the chat today, and whorli and Afro were both there. I really don't find Afro's or whorli's reasoning for voting me too rational at all, and I remember yesterday whorli brought up me getting instalynched, which kind of made me think "What the heck, you're pushing for me to get insta-lynched?" That's why my vote is going to whorli
                            Originally posted by Arch0wl
                            I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                            Originally posted by Afrobean
                            Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                            the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                            Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                            Comment

                            • evilbutterfly
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2003
                              • 5784

                              #164
                              Well, I'm going to bed and don't know if I'll be able to get back here before the day ends, so...

                              Kefit, you didn't want my vote to be random, so how about this for reasoning: you're pushing people. You kept calling BS on me for not having any suspicions. I don't know other people in this game well enough to know when they're acting differently, really. Also, you don't know me well at all. I'm hardly ever strongly suspicious, and the one time I can remember that I was suspicious I lynched a mason. I really hesitate to act on anything, and am quick to be distrustful of the trustworthy and hopeful for the hopeless. Also, I know random voting hurts humans, but seriously, what else is there to do? I really don't think Jurs is a wolf, and nobody else has appeared much suspicious to me. The ones I have had contact with before, such as Jurs, Alain, and Afro, all seem to be acting the same. Alain is being slightly crazy and defending everyone, Jurs is acting a lot dumber than she is, and Afro is, well, being Afro.

                              Anywho, I'm suspicious of you (just a wee bit) because you've been trying to push me into suspecting somebody. Like you want me to jump on a bandwagon and kill a human. Also, that conversation you posted was confusing as hell. It's no wonder he slipped up, truth or lie, in there. You talked him in circles and I, for one, couldn't half tell what you were saying. It seems like you're trying really hard to incriminate people, even though you were saying it's not a big rush.

                              Or may be I'm just grasping at straws.
                              So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                              In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                              So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                              And I write the blog for their website.

                              Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                              Comment

                              • whorlichan
                                Tiny Plastic Meat
                                • Apr 2004
                                • 669

                                #165
                                Jursey, that's what the French call "le vote de REVENGE." I vote you, so you make up some bs reason and vote me back. That's just dumb. I gave my reasons yesterday for voting you and I see no changes that would make me want to back off you.

                                And Hans...you of all people, with your wonderful "intuitions," should realize that I'm not a wolf. Yes I am acting differently in this game. I mentioned it in chat before and I'll mention it now. I HAVE TIME TO READ, THINK, and BE IN THE GAME. I've already apologized numerous times for my inactivity in other games which got me lynched, and now you're using my being ACTIVE in the game to vote me! So I guess I'm damned if I'm active and lynched if I'm not.

                                Once again, even though I think your logic is lacking and your reasoning bad, I'm NOT going to put up a revenge vote. I remain as I was.
                                Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
                                First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
                                My lame LJ
                                My friend Cassie's amazing photography

                                Comment

                                Working...