TWG X - DAY 6 - CYPHER DECIPHERD - HUMANS WIN

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • evilbutterfly
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2003
    • 5784

    #136
    WTF? Why would they kill a first-timer when people like alain are still around?
    So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

    In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

    So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
    And I write the blog for their website.

    Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

    Comment

    • alainbryden
      Seen your member
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2003
      • 2873

      #137
      Clearly they were going for someone who likely wouldn't be guarded. That's terrible logic Eb. What do you think you're trying to pull? This makes me suspicious of you...
      ~NEIGH

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #138
        aperson was most definitely killed because of his smartness and the fact that he definitely wouldn't be guardianed. eb, the wolves would never go for alain or anyone, because the guardian is probably still alive and they fear giving us a known human. You know how much a known human helps the greens. I'm not suspicious of you, like alain, but didn't you think at all before you posted?

        EDIT: I'm pretty sure that the other day I assured ap that he wouldn't be wolfed because he's still a newb. I suppose I was wrong. I'm sorry ap.

        Comment

        • whorlichan
          Tiny Plastic Meat
          • Apr 2004
          • 669

          #139
          Alain, I think he's just pointing out that you're way more dangerous to the wolves than aperson was. You've played before, you've played well, and you're well-known, whereas aperson was just that--a first-timer. He did, however, make some good points in the chats, and it's possible that his words and, as you said, the unlikeliness of him to be guarded were reason enough for him to be wolfed.

          I don't think eb's using "terrible" logic, he just said the first thing that came to mind.
          Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
          First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
          My lame LJ
          My friend Cassie's amazing photography

          Comment

          • JurseyRider734
            lil j the bad b-word
            • Aug 2003
            • 7507

            #140
            I believe that one of the wolves were in chat when aperson was discussing how he was going to analyze posts with a technique...and i'm pretty sure that his intelligence stunned, yet threatened the wolves...therefore they would go for someone who could pose as a threat later in the game.
            Originally posted by Arch0wl
            I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
            the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
            Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

            Comment

            • Kilgamayan
              Super Scooter Happy
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2003
              • 6583

              #141
              You'd have to be a damned fool to not realize how important ap was to the chat.
              I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

              Comment

              • evilbutterfly
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2003
                • 5784

                #142
                As I said in the chat (for those that weren't there): I said that above comment because it was my first impression.

                Adding to that: I keep wishing we were still playing Infiltration, where lynching wasn't as big of a deal and where a lot more thought was involved. Now that I'm back down to TWG, it's like, not as important, and I've found that I don't think about it as much. It used to be that TWG was so much for me and there was all this stuff I had to keep up with, but now it's like nothing. Sorry for being stupid and not thinking through my posts and just spouting the first thing to come to my mind, I'll try to take this game more seriously from here on out.
                So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                And I write the blog for their website.

                Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                Comment

                • alainbryden
                  Seen your member
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 2873

                  #143
                  I agree with you kilga, it was no mistake that aperson was picked. Aperson was the one that kept bringing the chat back on topic, he was always speaking intelligently, and well thought out ideas. I'm actually sorry I got paranoid about that. EB didn't actually suggest that I was a wolf, but I took it as donig just that. If was my mistake so jumping at him so strongly. Today is going to be much more thought out. I'm not sure about TPS, because it seems that no wolf would make such a mistake as we observed last night, and he seemed like a good player after what he pulled in his last game, but I still have a good feeling that he was a wolf.

                  Yesterday I kind of overdid it on the protection, I was reminded by several players that it doesn't help much by trying to shut down every accusation made, and that eventually I was going to make the mistake of protecting the wrong person, as I think I did initially with TPS.

                  On a side note, I'm finding it a little hard to keep track of everyone this TWG, because most of the action goes on in the chat room and it's alot harder to complile and reread everyone's opinions and ideas. If people do say something they feel is important either to their defence, the defence of another, or an idea that can be publicly noted, I hope they take the time to "put it on the record
                  here on the thread.

                  That's all I have to say for now. Keep your eyes and your minds open.
                  ~NEIGH

                  Comment

                  • Kilgamayan
                    Super Scooter Happy
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 6583

                    #144
                    Uh, Cypher?

                    EDIT: o u trickeh boi ;o
                    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                    Comment

                    • evilbutterfly
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2003
                      • 5784

                      #145
                      I think the chat is starting to die out anyway. I, for one, am too busy for it now that there's serious discussion and it's during the week and I have schoolwork to do. I'm easily distracted as is, so I really need to keep away from the chats or I won't get anything done. Also, with the loss of aperson, who, as you said, kept bringing the chat back on topic, the chat will be much less helpful. I made it originally to help get people talking and be relaxed so we could see how people really act and get an idea of who the wolves are. Hopefully it worked successfully and Tps was a wolf, but we won't know until the psychic or somebody who knows the psychic comes forward with said info.

                      Regardless, I think alain may have a point in that we should be more active on the boards, even if we are just as active in the chat.
                      So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                      In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                      So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                      And I write the blog for their website.

                      Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                      Comment

                      • alainbryden
                        Seen your member
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 2873

                        #146
                        typo's kilga. I'm a firm believer in insta-edit

                        edit typos :P
                        ~NEIGH

                        Comment

                        • evilbutterfly
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2003
                          • 5784

                          #147
                          You only caught it because I was confused and IMed you. Way to take all the credit, jerk. :P

                          And what's with the sudden decline with posting? Well, not a decline, but more of a COMPLETE STOP. What the hell happened, guys? 9 pages of Day 1 and then Day 2's a flop? All this silence is bad for the humans, so get talkative again.
                          So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                          In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                          So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                          And I write the blog for their website.

                          Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                          Comment

                          • GuidoHunter
                            is against custom titles
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 7371

                            #148
                            Aw, c'mon. Day 1 started slowly (relative to how it ended), too. Anyway, I've had an incredibly busy day, but will be able to talk tomorrow. I've got some thoughts, but no time to post them.

                            --Guido


                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                            Comment

                            • mead1
                              Cerebellumberjack
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 3960

                              #149
                              Well, I dont think he had any close friends who would want to get rid of him, as this is his first TWG. Now, I wasn't in the IRC chat, but there was obviously a wolf in AIM chat, because otherwise, they wouldn't know the IRC channel. I'll try to post the list of name when I return from school.

                              Edit: This happens to be one of the 2 major holes in my transcript. How ironic. Sorry guys, hopefully someone else has that info.

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #150
                                Ok, we all agree on why ap was wolfed. I think now we should talk about who to lynch next.

                                So here's my reasoning as to why I'm even more sure that jurs is a wolf than before. We all know that wolves will vote for one another if they know that their comrade is doomed. Jurs was just about doomed. I think that TPS was a wolf and he voted for jurs thinking that later on, he would have no connection to her because he voted her. His plan backfired though and everyone jumped on his suspicious behavior and he ended up getting the lynch.

                                What do you all think of that?

                                Comment

                                Working...