TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • star-crossed
    FFR Player
    • Oct 2017
    • 476

    #226
    Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

    I already posted this stuff in Discord but I thought I would post the same things here, in case it is more readable.

    ---------------------------------------------------------

    [04:19] roundboo :ghost:: wolves could be doing a dumb no kill gambit
    [04:19] roundboo :ghost:: getting desperate with their behind position
    [04:19] FreezinIce: So first thing u do is have the vigi out. With the understanding that if you refuse to do so, you are a wolf
    [04:19] roundboo :ghost:: secures a mechanical mislynch if town blocker claims their target
    [04:19] roundboo :ghost:: especially if they know that person didn't have the vigi orb
    This is an interesting conversation to me now, because it was from before Gradiant said anything about his orb to this channel. So roundbox was saying this, as somebody knowing where the vigi orb was. I am not sure what to think, of him seeming to be believing in the no kill idea, considering the situation now.

    I am noticing that roundbox says a lot of random things. He was always wanting to be hanging somebody besides blind, even when dabackpack was saying blind was lying. He also suspected Charu for an interesting reason, that Charu was concerned with whether the setup was easier for the town to win.

    ---------------------------------------------------------

    [09:12] star-crossed:
    [05:44] FreezinIce: obviously theres several outcomes but in order of most likely to least likely:

    wolf Roundbox got blocked by wizard gradiant
    gradiant wolf with wiz orb sent no kill to frame a town
    gradiant blocked roundbox, but kills stacked from wolf team
    gradiant blocked roundbox, but no kill was sent by wolf team
    So I do not think it would be #3, because I cannot think of a reason that they do not shoot for blind unless they are pretty sure they know who is the tracker. I would have been very surprised if Haku was the tracker, because of something he said, so I do not think that the mafias would have known even less than I do. Beyond that, I am having to think more.

    Unless he said something in a private chat to somebody that had them thinking he was the tracker, I guess, since he was talking to everybody. But I do not really feel that is what happened.

    #4 seems possible to me, because it could create a lot of drama between two town, if the wolves are lucky, which should be most of the time I think, since there are only two of them who can be picked. Whether it is likely, I cannot really say. It does seem risky, because it would be very horrible if a mafia gets shot and then they did not even kill anybody. But maybe they feel at that point they would already be screwed.

    I find #1 kind of strange, because Gradiant does not even seem to believe in #1, and wants to vote for dabackpack instead. I think it is possible, but it is maybe too good to be true. I think people were mainly liking roundbox, though, so I can see why they would pick him, to send to do a kill. That may also be, why he was suggesting the mafias did not do a kill on purpose, before Gradiant said anything.

    I guess regarding #3, I think there is a very small chance, just because I do not believe Hakulyte would have ever been voted for this game. That is why it is sad.

    In the case of #2 then maybe Gradiant is not really trying to vote for roundbox, because it will not look so good for him if he is pushing that so much, and then roundbox is a town. But at that point, I am not really sure why bother in the first place. Maybe, it is just trying to make some meaning, out of having gotten an orb. This one is possible to me especially because I am kind of sussing Gradiant. But again, I could not really put a percentage on the chance.

    I think Gradiant said that he told spookeko about his orb and maybe what he was doing with it, and so I am wondering how that would play in to #4.

    [16:10] spookeko: @star-crossed he did tell me, but it was after the day had started when I asked him if he had a 0rb
    [20:17] star-crossed: I just got home from work and I am stuffing my face. Today, I would not be willing to vote for blind, danceguy, Freezin, or likely Xel. I feel like I have read all of what Gradiant and roundbox have been saying, and I think one of them could be mafia. If it were not for the missing kill, I would suspect Gradiant more between the two of them, but with the missing one, I am not sure. I am going to try to search for DaBackpack, Spookeko, and kirk's messages, to see how I am feeling about them.

    ---------------------------------------------------------

    [22:26] star-crossed: So...spookeko said she was going to be doing some reading, but she has not talked about what she found, if she did that. Apparently she and roundbox have been talking to each other in a voice chat but I have not really seen either of them talk about what they think of the other. She was making a joke, about if he is a bad guy.
    [02:35] spookeko: roundbox is going to owe me a car when he flips wolf
    I am really confused, because she was saying that Charu killed inDheart very first thing, and I do not know if it was a joke or not. Maybe it was because, she knew he actually did, and so that was extra funny to her. But if it was a more serious comment, maybe she would not want to draw attention to Charu, if they were both mafia. After that she was sussing Haku for claiming he seered Charu. [15:44] spookeko: And also if charu was red why wouldn't he cc since there is no down side in this setup.

    She also had a talk with Charu, much later on, about how he should want to try to live, but she did not really make it clear, whether she was sussing him or not. Charu did not get as mad at her, from that conversation, as he did with many others.

    I would like to hear more from roundbox and from spooky, about what they have been talking about, and what they are thinking of one another from that.

    ---------------------------------------------------------

    [22:36] star-crossed: Kirkfan said it was important to make interactions early on. But she has not been making very many herself, that I have seen. For example my conversation with her was started by me. She has not really explained her reads, including the one that roundbox is "super town." I did kind of like, from our private conversation, these couple of messages:

    [21:09] kirkfan2255: I like dance's approach to the game so far and I can see his logic even if I don't agree with it necessarily

    I think freezin is taking a similar approach to the game the way he does during analysis as a mod, which I'm not sure how to take.

    The only people i find I'm not liking is dbp, gradient, and xel
    [21:09] kirkfan2255: Charu is in the super weird pile but that's not on the docket atm in this discussion
    [21:38] kirkfan2255: Charu is a hard question for me
    [21:39] kirkfan2255: Because I believe blind over him, mechanically and in terms of just reading them both
    [21:41] kirkfan2255: But he's also had a lot of genuine reactions, and I'm struggling with whether this is anger over getting caught red off what seems like a stupidly nonsensical peek, or if it's genuine anger on a fake peek and the little part in the back of my mind with the conspiracy theories has something I should listen to, instead of push into a corner
    She has been being very quiet, so I do not think these things would be super hard for mafia to come up with. However, Haku was saying, she may be more interested in the game if she is mafia, so maybe her being quiet, would be a good thing. Basically there is not really enough for me to go on. She and Charu did not really talk at all, so there is that.

    ---------------------------------------------------------

    [23:03] star-crossed: For DaBackpack, I was very worried that part of the point of his lie, was to try to figure out who the tracker was, by seeing how people reacted to all the orb drama. But, then Haku told me about his secret hinting with the "detective orb" in the chat, which he has done before in another game when he was town. So it seemed to me, that he would be thinking more to be a detective, if he is town.
    [03:36] Da:bat: pack: I'm using the detective orb tonight [21:17] Da:bat: pack: well, I got the detective orb last night
    With the way Backpack explained his test, I think he is being genuine, in a kind of nerdy endearing way.

    [02:54] Da:bat: pack: but I said 'detective orb' to reverse psychology people
    [02:54] FreezinIce: Detective orb causes u to solve murders
    [02:54] Da:bat: pack: and when I came out, I mentioend the detective orb because silliness
    [02:54] FreezinIce: Not block ppl
    [02:54] Da:bat: pack: ok whatever I thought it was cool alright
    [03:24] Da:bat: pack: blind, I'm sorry for what happened earlier
    [03:25] Da:bat: pack: hopefully you'll forgive me after this
    [03:28] Da:bat: pack: I probably should have discussed this with somebody first but I hope I didn't botch it
    [...]
    [03:31] Da:bat: pack: but a power imbalance like that would likely result in charu's partners to throw him under the bus
    [03:31] Da:bat: pack: a more even fight would expose more information
    [03:32] Da:bat: pack: ...is what I thought
    [23:04] star-crossed: Also, when I am reading back on how DaBackpack and Charu were talking during the lie, I do not really feel like they planned it. I think Charu is feeling awkward, and trying to figure out where he stands, because he does not know what is even happening. And from how they have different ideas of how long the day is, I do not feel they are plotting what to do with each other.

    [22:15] Da:bat: pack: kind of a dick move to replace somebody 6 hours before a phase ends
    [22:15] Charu: Err..
    [22:15] Hakulyte: it's 48 hours
    [22:15] Hakulyte: not 24
    [22:15] Charu: We still have 24 hours
    [22:15] Da:bat: pack: OH LMAO
    [22:15] Charu: Yeah
    [22:15] Da:bat: pack: nice
    [22:16] Charu: Anyways, backpack, you're saying you blocked blind, right?
    [22:16] Hakulyte: if I was blind I would just laugh really hard
    [22:16] Hakulyte: that DBP dared to claim that
    [22:16] Da:bat: pack: I blocked blind
    [22:16] Gradiant: yeah it's kind of a huge dickswinging battle of orbs super early
    [22:16] Charu: Hmm...
    I am kind of worried, that DaBackpack is a good liar, because I believed him when he was doing the test. But I am kind of trusting him, from how he talked about it afterward, and how Charu reacted to it. I would like it, for anybody who is sussing DaBackpack still, to please tell me why.

    ---------------------------------------------------------

    [23:07] star-crossed: So I think the only people that I would vote for, would be Gradiant, roundbox, kirkfan or Spookeko, and I would really like to see what they have talked to each other about in private, to try to figure out which two of them can be mafias, or if I am wrong on somebody that is not them.
    twg quotes here - https://listography.com/starxcrossed

    Comment

    • star-crossed
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2017
      • 476

      #227
      Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

      I find it weird, that nobody is voting. I have to go to bed.

      I am going to vote for Gradiant tonight, because he seems less genuine to me than the others. I do not really believe him about how he was thinking a lot about Charu early on, from how he was not really talking to Charu at first, and I am not seeing what he is seeing about DaBackpack and the backtracking. I am not that confident about it, but I think it is important for everybody to vote, so we can see where everybody stands.
      twg quotes here - https://listography.com/starxcrossed

      Comment

      • Gradiant
        FFR's Resident Trashpanda
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2012
        • 1100

        #228
        Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

        Part about charu not really good here since only thing I mentioned about charu was that I try to early read him off shitposting but have been getting worse at it. And then believing him over blind before dbp did the shit backtracking.

        Thoughts about dbp already in discord, still at work and might miss eod so lets get this out now dbp

        Comment

        • FreezinIce
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 265

          #229
          Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

          roundbox
          ========

          To let the world be.

          ========

          Originally posted by Charu
          Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
          Originally posted by roundbox
          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


          Originally posted by Afrobean
          Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
          Originally posted by Red
          My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
          Originally posted by TWG Ike
          SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

          Comment

          • dAnceguy117
            new hand moves = dab
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2002
            • 10103

            #230
            Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

            xel for now I guess why not

            Comment

            • dAnceguy117
              new hand moves = dab
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2002
              • 10103

              #231
              Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

              unvote after much deliberation I have decided to unvote

              Comment

              • roundbox
                fhqwhgads
                • Feb 2005
                • 2086

                #232
                Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

                Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                unvote after much deliberation I have decided to unvote
                Originally posted by the sun fan
                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #233
                  Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

                  lets fire up a gradiant wagon maybe idk

                  Comment

                  • dAnceguy117
                    new hand moves = dab
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 10103

                    #234
                    Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

                    after much deliberation I have decided not to unvote yet

                    Comment

                    • the sun fan
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2017
                      • 658

                      #235
                      Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

                      votecount:
                      Gradiant (2)- Star, dAnceguy
                      DBP (1)- Gradiant
                      roundbox (1)- Freezin
                      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                      Comment

                      • roundbox
                        fhqwhgads
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 2086

                        #236
                        Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

                        xel
                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                        Comment

                        • FreezinIce
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2005
                          • 265

                          #237
                          Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

                          Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                          after much deliberation I have decided not to unvote yet
                          Bruh
                          ========

                          To let the world be.

                          ========

                          Originally posted by Charu
                          Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                          Originally posted by mellon_collie
                          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                          Originally posted by roundbox
                          AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                          Originally posted by Red
                          My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                          Originally posted by TWG Ike
                          SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                          Comment

                          • blindreper1179
                            Vice President Of TGB
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 5902

                            #238
                            Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

                            dbp
                            Originally posted by thesunfan
                            absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                            Originally posted by choof
                            It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                            Originally posted by choof
                            whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                            Originally posted by Celirra
                            I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                            Comment

                            • DaBackpack
                              ~ お ま ん こ ~
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 918

                              #239
                              Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

                              xel


                              Originally posted by Moogy
                              no one cares
                              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                              that's kind of a sad statistic

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #240
                                Re: TWG CLXXIII: A Man Standeth Straight Game Thread

                                votecount:
                                Gradiant (2)- Star, dAnceguy
                                DBP (2)- Gradiant, blind
                                roundbox (1)- Freezin
                                Xel (2)- roundbox, DBP
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...