TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Tokzic
    And this would be SUCH AN EASY WIN with this COMPLETELY IMBA FORMAT if gift receivers would just fucking out already.

    Me and J-rodd claimed, that is 2/3. Can we get our third D1 gift out there so we can make an informed lynch?
    I would bet jrodd would claim to have a power regardless of whether he has one or not

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
    why are you doing what you're doing, sunfan?
    I expected roundbox and charu not to go along with what I had proposed almost all of the time, and I wasn't super sure but I didn't expect you to go along with it, but I was less sure about this than I was about charu and roundbox.

    wabby's reluctance was a surprise but upon examining his reasons for not agreeing with it, I'm /kind of/ ok with him doing so. kinda reading into wifom, but I'm not sure how big his dick is, like, I don't know if he doesn't go along with with what I proposed and with what almost everyone else is doing when he is a wolf just because it makes him stick out

    I haven't seen wabby as a wolf before and I'm not really sure of what to expect, moreso now that my anticipation of what I expect from him has proven to be off. I think I underestimated how independent a scientist usually is in TWG, which is my fault.

    jrodd didn't do exactly what I said but he claimed that he was a survivor and I'm fine enough with that.

    roundbox is the intellectual-type to think about a plan more than anyone else, and in a game where he will never admit to having the same win condition as another player in the game, he's unlikely to work with others if its not to his own benefit. I could call his bluff about being ok with being pushed on for not going along with it (I don't think he's actually ok with being pushed on regardless of his alignment), but it doesn't really do anything. Yeah, it'll probably get him to post what I wanted, but it doesn't really help me, and honestly, he's posted some things already that are more then sufficient enough to be clearing/damning under a lie-detector test if someone really wanted to go at him. I understand his reluctance not to go along with what I'm doing, at risk of making small waves, he's avoiding making a tsunami, is what I think he's arrived at.

    Charu is an oddball. Honestly, he doesn't like doing what he's told in TWG. I never thought for a second he, as a survivor, would post what I asked him to. I thought that if he ended up doing it, he would be more likely to be a wolf trying to blend in, honestly. If I push him to post that, again, it doesn't really do much. It gets what I want, but again, no tsunami's.

    You can use big words correctly and I'm pretty sure every time you close your eyes you see your win condition on the inside of your eyelids whenever you're in a TWG game, shado. I, however, have seen you be a big teamplayer, so I wasn't sure that you wouldn't go along with what I had said, now I know which one of those two wins out over the other. I think you know that I know that you've got an angle too. We all do. I said my angle earlier. It gives the lie-detector user a clear post to use their power on, and also makes it so that the user of the power is kept in check.

    So yeah, I have an angle. Of course I do. If you think what I'm doing is inherently against the win condition of myself if I am a survivor, or that I'm sabotaging other people, then say so and say why, otherwise, I don't see why you're calling what I've been doing into question.

    Essentially, I like Katrina, but not the Waves. I never did like Adam and the Ants (Stand and Deliver is one of the worst songs I think I've ever heard).

    Leave a comment:


  • Charu
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Just a friendly FYI from your truly, lmao

    Leave a comment:


  • Charu
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    So uh, you guys do know EoD isn't tonight, right?

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by roundbox
    DaBackpack is the only one trending upwards for me
    Not fully convinced he's safe but I like the cut of his jib
    Too lazy to read into everyone else too much
    I have never heard you use the expression "cut of his jib" before and I like you marginally less because of this

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    Well, he was Cop last game actually, to me it's like saying he's not afraid to do that with an important role. So, I can see this happening as wolf and being discarded later on. Speaking of which, it did seems like he just kind of discarded is own idea not too long ago.

    Coincidence?
    I think I'll need to address what I've done more specifically, because it seems like there is some understandable confusion

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
    Yes we will, Snivy.

    I kind of agree, I get townie (yes, townie) vibes off of him, but hesitate because I could see wolf sunfan feeling just as townie to me. His reads didn't really go further than what I would expect from his initial strategy post, but I like that he came up with his plan, then realized it wasn't perfect and backed off. I feel like wolf sunfan trying to play as strong town would have pushed a lot harder on people who didn't abide by his strat but ugh, I guess we'll have to see.
    I didn't back off because of any perceived flaw, I backed off because I didn't think any of the people who hadn't agreed to it would end up agreeing to it in a reasonable fashion

    Leave a comment:


  • roundbox
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Gift claiming is fine, but just be wary that it could draw out a night kill for someone with a useful power. Today I was not given a gift.

    Leave a comment:


  • j-rodd123
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    I lean more villagery on you anyway

    Leave a comment:


  • danceflashrevo
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by j-rodd123
    Just looked at post count and was most surprised dfr had 49 posts cuz I don't really remember any of them. I don't think he ever really puts himself in the spotlight tho. And precarious' post count I guess weakens my town read on him
    yeah that's me in a nutshell, except i've posted a lot more junk this time yay spam

    tokzic is town in my book, he has no reason to lie about his role, and it'd be scummy if he didn't vote so it should be brought up that he has this handicap. greg is town in my book, that plan is pretty smart mechanically and i don't think a wolf would implement that strategy. i don't think haku is wolf because he's seemed pretty flow-y with everything, i don't see any real hesitation with anything. charu's an enigma. roundbox/dbp are quieter than i would imagine. wolfe's thing with pairing kinda confused me at first but i think that's because i was super sleepy when i was reading through the thread. i missed his explanation and those few pages are actually really fuzzy so i should really read those when i actually have some time. everyone else is pretty null imo.

    Leave a comment:


  • danceflashrevo
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    oh rip

    Leave a comment:


  • j-rodd123
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    He already answered that

    Leave a comment:


  • danceflashrevo
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    wolfe what was your inspiration for who you paired up in the x/y posts

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Solid thoughts from J rodd.

    Gonna head to bed. Will be back way before EoD.

    I'd like to see more inactives getting active in the meanwhile lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • danceflashrevo
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Precarious
    The latter post is serious. DFR's lynchproof status is irrelevant in terms of suspicion, although there's not actually a lot of suspicion there. I just thought it was odd that he seemed to be very keen on gauging my opinion of him.
    you misread my post then. i was essentially asking why you were scum

    Leave a comment:

Working...