TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DaBackpack
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by thesunfan
    I'm not sure if player history is going to be more accurate than some kind of expectations level but like...

    you would have to have really accurate expectations for all players, which is certainly possible, and its really what I've been doing, so idk I think its good for me specifically, not sure about you or someone else
    I'll probably just not think about it too hard and play it by ear

    Leave a comment:


  • Hakulyte
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    If I'm wrong, too bad for me lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaBackpack
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I'm confident into not dying because I have weak problem-solving abilities and I have trouble to picture wolves being like "omg haku is the biggest threat".
    I believe this

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    you're probably right in that it's better to be comparing on a "player history" level as opposed to comparing on a "my expectations" level (in that it's more accurate) but also a lot harder
    I'm not sure if player history is going to be more accurate than some kind of expectations level but like...

    you would have to have really accurate expectations for all players, which is certainly possible, and its really what I've been doing, so idk I think its good for me specifically, not sure about you or someone else

    Leave a comment:


  • Hakulyte
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    I'm confident into not dying because I have weak problem-solving abilities and I have trouble to picture wolves being like "omg haku is the biggest threat".

    Leave a comment:


  • DaBackpack
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    I'm probably just making things confusing

    Leave a comment:


  • DaBackpack
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by thesunfan
    something that's been really fun that I've been doing is comparing how I thought people would act if they rolled survivor before the game to how I think they're acting now.

    I'm not sure if it'll help you or not but its entertaining
    you're probably right in that it's better to be comparing on a "player history" level as opposed to comparing on a "my expectations" level (in that it's more accurate) but also a lot harder

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    I'm struggling about how to read this game tbh

    I suspect most players are in pure self-pres mode, in which it's not beneficial to take the spotlight and contribute to the game (i.e. low-posting players might actually be more towny than in a regular game) and that players who are actively projecting town might be more scummy for it (since their pressures, on the surface, are the exact same as in a regular game)

    But then I think some players still have the regular TWG mindset, wherein they actively attempt to solve the game, so really, there are around ~4ish prominent mindsets to compare each player against
    something that's been really fun that I've been doing is comparing how I thought people would act if they rolled survivor before the game to how I think they're acting now.

    I'm not sure if it'll help you or not but its entertaining

    Leave a comment:


  • DaBackpack
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by thesunfan
    while the fact that everyone is going to be posting slightly differently because they are a survivor or what have you, and this is certainly a factor, I would say the style on D1 posting is just pretty typical for FFR
    I think the 'not sticking your head out' mentality is pretty prominent

    Shitposting never changes but actual game progress is stifled

    Leave a comment:


  • DaBackpack
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    (i.e. low-posting players might actually be more towny than in a regular game) and that players who are actively projecting town might be more scummy for it (since their pressures, on the surface, are the exact same as in a regular game)
    I mean to say that the wolf pressures are more similar to the "standard" TWG wolf pressures, whereas the "town" pressures are way different than in a "standard" TWG game

    Leave a comment:


  • DaBackpack
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by thesunfan
    I looked up assuaged and I'm still not sure what you mean here, sorry

    can you explain it again without ShadoWolfe vocabulary?
    it means I don't really care about it anymore

    Leave a comment:


  • DaBackpack
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    I'm struggling about how to read this game tbh

    I suspect most players are in pure self-pres mode, in which it's not beneficial to take the spotlight and contribute to the game (i.e. low-posting players might actually be more towny than in a regular game) and that players who are actively projecting town might be more scummy for it (since their pressures, on the surface, are the exact same as in a regular game)

    But then I think some players still have the regular TWG mindset, wherein they actively attempt to solve the game, so really, there are around ~4ish prominent mindsets to compare each player against

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Precarious
    This is the thing. It takes me forever to catch up with the thread whenever I'm gone for several hours, but it turns out that virtually all of the posts in the interim are relatively lacking in substance. There's a lot of subtle maneuvering going on, but not a lot that actually contributes to meaningful reads. Admittedly D1 is a crapshoot even in a normal game, but no one's actually putting their neck out, which (whether it's admitted or not) is probably a reflection of the Survivor-styled gameplay.
    while the fact that everyone is going to be posting slightly differently because they are a survivor or what have you, and this is certainly a factor, I would say the style on D1 posting is just pretty typical for FFR

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    that's true, and that post fits with how he's been behaving thus far, so I'm assuaged on that point atm
    I looked up assuaged and I'm still not sure what you mean here, sorry

    can you explain it again without ShadoWolfe vocabulary?

    Leave a comment:


  • Precarious
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    How fast I'm posting should make it obvious that I'm not putting much thoughts behind my posts.
    This is the thing. It takes me forever to catch up with the thread whenever I'm gone for several hours, but it turns out that virtually all of the posts in the interim are relatively lacking in substance. There's a lot of subtle maneuvering going on, but not a lot that actually contributes to meaningful reads. Admittedly D1 is a crapshoot even in a normal game, but no one's actually putting their neck out, which (whether it's admitted or not) is probably a reflection of the Survivor-styled gameplay.

    Leave a comment:

Working...