TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    as a mod I'm ending the game, its not a vote or anything else like that, the game is broken and needs to be fixed, we can stop playing the game for the time being

    Leave a comment:


  • Red Blaster
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by thesunfan
    sucks to be a wolf, basically, don't bother reading

    I'm essentially declaring the game over, I think.

    its been done before and this game needs it as it currently is.
    Oh, that's a shame. If a reroll and tweak is deemed necessary we should allow Ant to fix it and maybe run a turbo or something in the meantime?

    Leave a comment:


  • Arntonach
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    sun fan, I clarified the game with you before you put it up, as well as changed a few things around to keep it fair. But now all of a sudden it's not. 800 posts in. Great. :l

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Wineandbread
    Actually I don't think the wolves are out of it yet if they are smart about fake-claiming
    instead of being withing 7-8 people, there would be one or two wolves in 4 or 5 people is the thing, and that's too small of a pool. the game would actually end sooner rather than later if they tried this.

    Leave a comment:


  • ShadoWolfe
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Back.

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Cease and reroll

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Wineandbread
    Actually I don't think the wolves are out of it yet if they are smart about fake-claiming
    it narrows the pool too much is the thing, I did the math for this

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    there is no way around this, we are 42 pages in, significant reads can be made off of the fact that people did not know that survivors are essentially town members with a slightly different win condition because the game ends when all wolves die

    3 town members getting gift roles per phase is too many for wolves to ever stand a chance of winning this game in a realistic fashion

    this game needs to be recalibrated, likely making the game not end when wolves are eliminated, and then run again, probably with only 1 gift role per phase or something like that, or make wolves be able to get gifts.

    as it stands it is too far into the game to make any of these changes in my opinion, and, since its been done before I feel like its within reasonable ability for me to do so, I'm gonna call this game

    Leave a comment:


  • Wineandbread
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Actually I don't think the wolves are out of it yet if they are smart about fake-claiming

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    So basically, winning is a matter of course.

    I'm all for easy wins, but not for wasting time

    [Twg] Cease and reroll [/twgv]

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Red Blaster
    There's been 300+ posts since I've last viewed the thread, bring me up to speed pls
    sucks to be a wolf, basically, don't bother reading

    I'm essentially declaring the game over, I think.

    its been done before and this game needs it as it currently is.

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Charu
    OR well, FFR TWG, yee
    the first game run for TWG revival was stopped by Manti. it was completely imbalanced. Its the memegame that james may hosted where town started out at parity with non-town and the game where sage of the forest tried to seer manti when manti wasn't in the game

    Leave a comment:


  • thesunfan
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    ok, so, actor isn't verifiable

    Leave a comment:


  • Charu
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    OR well, FFR TWG, yee

    Leave a comment:


  • Charu
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    thesunfan advocating for a fix and re-roll.

    ...This is a first in TWG history, dohoho

    Leave a comment:

Working...