TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hakulyte
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    I mean even if you post "I am a survivor, I'm not a wolf, let's team up, listen to me etc. etc."

    You can do that as wolf easily too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hakulyte
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
    Getting myself lock-cleared, on the other hand, is suicide.
    You can actually get lock-cleared in this game?

    Leave a comment:


  • ShadoWolfe
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Precarious
    The early suggestion that a black sheep is an effective play isn't a good one, particularly since there will still be an impetus to lynch suspicious players.
    ..Here, I'll let you answer yourself.

    Originally posted by Precarious
    What players think of you in particular isn't really relevant to scum-hunting in a broad sense, and speaks more to personal survival (which is admittedly especially relevant in this game).
    Hunting wolves is necessary to win. Getting myself lock-cleared, on the other hand, is suicide.

    Leave a comment:


  • Precarious
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    iirc there is still utility for wolves to make the survivor post, so I wouldn't clear ppl that made it

    All claiming survivor does is make them susceptible to "cop checks" ---- it's not a death sentence to them, and going with the program reduces the suspicion they get, leading to smaller probability that they get selected by the lie detector, ironically
    I mean, in a sense you'd think everyone would commit to the test, which would mean that the posts by themselves aren't at all alignment indicative. Even with people not participating, they're still not especially pro-town/survivor/whatever. But not participating is a bad look, since they are theoretically testable.

    The posts aren't supposed to be alignment indicators at this point; they just give a potential lie detector the ability to test anyone.

    Leave a comment:


  • ShadoWolfe
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by R.E. Aryxi
    You got it buddy, just give me a few minutes to look through 20+ pages. Brb
    Why haven't you been reading? You've been here for over an hour.

    Leave a comment:


  • Precarious
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    I see the two posts were actually listed out of chronological order. The joke one is the Charu post, the serious one is the teamwork/conversation/DFR post, in case that wasn't clear.

    Leave a comment:


  • Precarious
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I'm having tonereading issues while comparing these two posts.

    I'd like you to tell me how serious you are in each of them and what's your stance of Charu vs DFR.

    Note that DFR cannot be lynched tonight.
    The Charu post isn't serious at all, although I really would prefer he commit to the lie detector test posts like everyone else.

    The latter post is serious. DFR's lynchproof status is irrelevant in terms of suspicion, although there's not actually a lot of suspicion there. I just thought it was odd that he seemed to be very keen on gauging my opinion of him. What players think of you in particular isn't really relevant to scum-hunting in a broad sense, and speaks more to personal survival (which is admittedly especially relevant in this game). But as I said, that's a very minor point that's probably more overreading than anything else.

    My primary suspicion would be with low posters right now, since wolves might be inclined in this format to hide in the background. But again, even that's fairly weak; I expect (or hope at least) that there will be stronger tells as the day progresses.

    Leave a comment:


  • R.E. Aryxi
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I'll take his shitposting over people having less than 20 posts tbh.

    You, DBP, Precarious, Tokzic, roundbox, Arntonach, j-rodd123 and Wineandbread haven't particularly posted a lot.

    If you can give your opinion about anything in the thread that caught your eye, that could be interesting.
    You got it buddy, just give me a few minutes to look through 20+ pages. Brb

    Leave a comment:


  • Hakulyte
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by R.E. Aryxi
    Sorry bro, didn't mean to sound snarky but Charu's shitposting is not appreciated lol.
    I'll take his shitposting over people having less than 20 posts tbh.

    You, DBP, Precarious, Tokzic, roundbox, Arntonach, j-rodd123 and Wineandbread haven't particularly posted a lot.

    If you can give your opinion about anything in the thread that caught your eye, that could be interesting.

    Leave a comment:


  • R.E. Aryxi
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    it's weak but I don't really like this tone

    I think wolves would tend to be more snarky and sarcastic
    Sorry bro, didn't mean to sound snarky but Charu's shitposting is not appreciated lol. I genuinely like Haku's list that he made lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaBackpack
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by R.E. Aryxi
    What a great list
    Originally posted by R.E. Aryxi
    Also, nice shit posting guys. Really looks great.
    it's weak but I don't really like this tone

    I think wolves would tend to be more snarky and sarcastic

    Leave a comment:


  • R.E. Aryxi
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    I have a feeling Aryxi might be a wolf
    Why is that?

    Leave a comment:


  • R.E. Aryxi
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Nah Haku, was actually a nice read before all of Charu's shenanigans.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaBackpack
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    I have a feeling Aryxi might be a wolf

    Leave a comment:


  • Hakulyte
    replied
    Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

    Originally posted by R.E. Aryxi
    Also, nice shit posting guys. Really looks great.
    Not sure if sarcasm or genuine.

    Leave a comment:

Working...