TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thesunfan
    Role Tide
    Sectional Moderator
    • May 2011
    • 10859

    #526
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by Wineandbread
    Last bit before I sleep:

    I'm not entirely convinced yet of dbp since he hasn't posted as of late, but seems like he is busy or biding his time to respond at a strategic timing window. If I happen to be a swing vote for insta, I'll probably restrain myself, but his next posts will reveal a lot I think.

    For soundwave, he seems to be following in line with the bandwagon, which xel kind of brought up. For him to have voted dbp though because someone poked him into it, who is potentially in danger of insta, strikes me as either he wants to thin the herd, or he doesn't want to accuse another person because he doesn't want people to question it. In fact, I don't think he was in any rush to vote at all. Suspicious.

    Charu has been mostly neutral for me. I can't get a good read on him at the moment. I've got my eye on you, mister.

    Xel seems to be treading carefully to me, like he doesn't want to be noticed right now. But I don't particularly feel like he's wolf, so I guess I'm pegging him as perhaps a special town role atm. Nothing concrete though, paint on the wall.

    Tokzic is striding along the edge of the town as well. He hasn't posted reads as far as I remember, and voted towards dbp and soundwave without much explanation. Regardless, not strong town play to me.

    Anyone I didn't write about I probably haven't paid enough attention to for me to formulate an opinion.

    Most of all I would like storn and dbp to comment soon
    this is a post from wabby's first game on FFR, which was in March earlier this year (he was town)

    I don't really see anything like that this game, or at least I don't remember it, I'll iso him in a bit just to clear that up

    I didn't find anything where he was aware or conscious of his own posting style in this game either, other than one spot where he was confused as to why no one was suspecting him.

    Basically, I think wabby is different this game compared to other ones, but this is before I iso him.
    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
    Originally posted by star-crossed
    (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

    Comment

    • thesunfan
      Role Tide
      Sectional Moderator
      • May 2011
      • 10859

      #527
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by Wineandbread
      Upon reading the thread I have no particularly strong feelings for anyone

      I do agree that AA saying "i'll have myself off the table in 72 hrs" is a bit goofy, but not uhh

      what's the term

      alignment indicative
      kinda sketched out he doesn't have any strong feelings, or opinions he feels like voicing
      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
      Originally posted by XelNya
      I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
      Originally posted by star-crossed
      (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

      Comment

      • thesunfan
        Role Tide
        Sectional Moderator
        • May 2011
        • 10859

        #528
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        yeah, none of his 11 posts are really good imo, I think he is likely to have rolled wolf or SK, and doesn't really know how to handle himself?

        in his previous games he actually had commentary on what he was doing irl as well, like what he was doing or did at work earlier that day, and why he wasn't posting, here he's just kind of dipping in and out, which I think just means that he can't quite post how he was posting when he was town, like he's not aware of what he does as town and can't replicate it, if that makes sense.

        fwiw I don't want to lynch anyone other than DBP today, this is kind of just voicing my opinion
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
        Originally posted by star-crossed
        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

        Comment

        • thesunfan
          Role Tide
          Sectional Moderator
          • May 2011
          • 10859

          #529
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by Xiz
          I'm reading you as town but when I first read this, I totally got vibes that you are Miles Edgeworth. #paranoia
          ok, you can either believe it or not, but I didn't know there was a role that had to get specific people lynched in this game

          btw, the wolf version of Miles Edgeworth is REALLY cool
          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
          Originally posted by star-crossed
          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

          Comment

          • thesunfan
            Role Tide
            Sectional Moderator
            • May 2011
            • 10859

            #530
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            ehhhhhh, I'm not as sure on wabby after reading his play in the most recent turbo

            his posts were a lot shorter and he didn't have a reads list

            bleh
            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
            Originally posted by star-crossed
            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

            Comment

            • Arntonach
              Owlbears Rock!
              • Mar 2012
              • 2494

              #531
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by Xiz
              Nothing surprising about this post. Everything here has been said already, im disappointed. Can you go into more depth with these reads, even if it's you admiting to sheeping people?
              I guess my gameplay really does suck. Maybe I should play more. Might get better.

              Anyways, you want my reads? Good, I like that.

              AA - Train seems unjustified. Kinda feeling townie due to his reaction though.
              Xiz - Didn't think too much until your biggun post, probably town.
              Gradiant - Being a dick doesn't mean anything. I wish it did. :/
              Tokzic - MIA, although that roleclaim might be more important later.
              Charu - I'm having a hard time reading him properly, mainly because I don't know his meta too well. It's frustrating.
              DaBackpack - He usually posts a lot. Now he hasn't. It's a better reason to vote for him than the reasons people are voting for AA (which just seems to be a random vote on inDheart).
              Wineandbread - Would like to see more of him. Can't really peg him.
              Arntonach - This is my 4th post.
              Red Blaster - Hasn't done much. Do more please. Not that I can complain.
              MixMasterLar - I like what he's trying to do, but I need more to base a read off of.
              thesunfan - Has made good points. Feeling a town vibe form him.
              inDheart - New player that freaked out when people wagon'd him. Can't really say much about that.
              reuben_tate - His posts feel rather strong this game. I'm unfamiliar with his meta though.
              Xelnya - Feeling good about him, but I'm unsure. I might have to wait another day to get a good read on him.
              Mashi - He's so waifu right now. Hell if I can read that. :l
              YoshL - I don't know what he's doing.
              Yoshiisland - Hasn't done enough in general.
              pack of hard stuffs

              pack of my stuffs

              Comment

              • thesunfan
                Role Tide
                Sectional Moderator
                • May 2011
                • 10859

                #532
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                ok, I was hoping I would have time to ISO Gradiant in previous games, I won't tonight, I'll do it later

                part of the reason I was so insistent on people to vote for DBP was because I thought the phase ended tonight and because AA was in the lead with 4 votes, and I didn't like that at all

                since I said I would do it, I have no interest lynching within these names aorn
                xel
                aa
                xiz
                yoshl
                mml
                mashi
                reuben

                all of them other than Mashi are town leans, Mashi's kind of really there because he agrees with some of what I'm saying which I like

                I'll bbl
                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                Originally posted by XelNya
                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                Originally posted by star-crossed
                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                Comment

                • YoshL
                  Celestial Harbor
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 6156

                  #533
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by Arntonach
                  I guess my gameplay really does suck. Maybe I should play more. Might get better.

                  Anyways, you want my reads? Good, I like that.

                  AA - Train seems unjustified. Kinda feeling townie due to his reaction though.
                  Xiz - Didn't think too much until your biggun post, probably town.
                  Gradiant - Being a dick doesn't mean anything. I wish it did. :/
                  Tokzic - MIA, although that roleclaim might be more important later.
                  Charu - I'm having a hard time reading him properly, mainly because I don't know his meta too well. It's frustrating.
                  DaBackpack - He usually posts a lot. Now he hasn't. It's a better reason to vote for him than the reasons people are voting for AA (which just seems to be a random vote on inDheart).
                  Wineandbread - Would like to see more of him. Can't really peg him.
                  Arntonach - This is my 4th post.
                  Red Blaster - Hasn't done much. Do more please. Not that I can complain.
                  MixMasterLar - I like what he's trying to do, but I need more to base a read off of.
                  thesunfan - Has made good points. Feeling a town vibe form him.
                  inDheart - New player that freaked out when people wagon'd him. Can't really say much about that.
                  reuben_tate - His posts feel rather strong this game. I'm unfamiliar with his meta though.
                  Xelnya - Feeling good about him, but I'm unsure. I might have to wait another day to get a good read on him.
                  Mashi - He's so waifu right now. Hell if I can read that. :l
                  YoshL - I don't know what he's doing.
                  Yoshiisland - Hasn't done enough in general.
                  i don't think arnt has read the game.

                  i still haven't but it also feels like he's currently trying to give off the pretense that he has with a pretty shit generic reads list


                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                  Comment

                  • AragakiAyase
                    Waifus
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 961

                    #534
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    i don't think arnt has read the game.

                    i still haven't but it also feels like he's currently trying to give off the pretense that he has with a pretty shit generic reads list
                    Need to catch up on the rest of the thread but he did pretty much exactly this in turbo 2 and he was town fwiw

                    pikakirby123 reincarnated





                    Comment

                    • inDheart
                      Picker @ JAX2
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 505

                      #535
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      hi i'm back home, catching up now

                      Comment

                      • Charles Claythorne
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2013
                        • 138

                        #536
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                        indheart
                        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                        voted indheart cause it seemed like he was appeasing and then he deflected away
                        There was an entire 20 minute gap between these posts (and no prompt asking him to explain his reasoning) and I think it's likelier that the delay in explanation came from a Human than a Wolf in this case. I feel like Wolves are generally much more cognizant about their own behaviors and in general don't have the same naturalness in spontaneous reactions (that is, the vote without explanation). I don't think there likely would have been a gap in reasoning for his vote at all if AragakiAyase were a Wolf.

                        If Dabackpack's a Wolf, I think Xelnya's posts aren't something I would expect a Wolf Partner to say.

                        btw I changed my opinion about Xiz. I felt like his insistence of Gradiant's "catching" me was originally artificial in a way, but seeing from his recent big post of how he seems to think about things (and his explanatory reply to me), I'm persuaded about the genuineness in his reasoning methods.

                        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                        do you think it's alignment indicative?
                        i'm sry aragakiayase, but i still love this post
                        Still going to protect you tho!!!

                        I liked Xiz's question inDheart here a bit. It shows a bit of openness in thinking to question someone who voted for your suspicion imo. I think this could certainly be emulated by a Wolf, but I find it a tad likelier from a Human.

                        AragakiAyase's string of posts here come off to me as indignant and as justification for his behaviors and actions. I feel like he might try to be less blunt and sarcastic if he were a Wolf, but I'm not too sure.

                        More indignance from AragakiAyase. A lot of his posts are just giving me Humany vibes.

                        sunfan mentioned this already, but his reasoning for voting inDheart seems genuine and fits with his original explanation.

                        I think sunfan mentioned this too, but in MixMasterLar's post where he says:
                        "Sunfan forgive me for saying this again, but--

                        This isn't something that a townie would really say

                        And I have never played a game where AA posted something like that, and I also haven't played a game I can think of where AA was a wolf. Coincidence? Maybe not."
                        - is something I disagree with (I literally teased my friend once as a Human for trying to lynch me Day 1 lol, so I definitely don't think it's true), but feel comes off as Humany for the certainty it's stated in.

                        I've mentioned this already (as has sunfan); benguin's post ruminating of Gradiant's "catch" on me comes off as very sincere. I feel as if benguin's thought process is very apparent and legitimately trying to come to a conclusion, rather than assert one thing or another.

                        Gradiant pls don't be mean to my wife, he is a precious cinnamon roll. :'(

                        I don't think statements like this are usually alignment-indicative, but I think it's pretty apparent that AragakiAyase is really annoyed, and I think it's stemming from being indignant about being falsely suspected.

                        pls don't be mad AragakiAyase, ilu :'(

                        It's been a very very long time since I've played with Gradiant, but if he's anything like I remember, I don't think he's usually so accusatory as a Wolf. He's direct and aggressive as both Roles, methinks, but I feel like he's more defensive as a Wolf than anything? I would appreciate someone's opinion on him though.

                        Originally posted by YoshL
                        charu looks really good right now fmpov, ethan still looks shit

                        then again i've skimmed the past 2 pages

                        ok
                        How come Charu looks good to you? I feel like the only thing he's done so far has been shiftposting.

                        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                        We've had enough time for everyone to post, so I believe that if that's what is going on then that is already reflected in the count. Besides, at this point, I would love to see someone with, say 8 post try to ramp it up to counter this, or someone who's been really super active kind of fall off the radar. Be really interesting to see which ones do or do appear to post differently.

                        Unless you mean a meta shift in future games, in which case we'll get to those when we get to those.
                        VERY MISCELLANEOUS, but you're starting to get me interested in Commentrics (get it bcs its like comment and metric???). Remind me to think of some stats way to analyze it Post Game or smthing pls

                        Originally posted by Yoshiisland
                        I don't know what to make about between the dialogue between AA and Xiz. To me, it feels that Xiz is reacting testing AA and AA hasn't done a good job on the reaction test.

                        On the other hand, it could be that scum is trying to get an easy mislynch.

                        Will need to read more on this later.
                        So then what do you think about the interaction between Gradiant and AragakiAyase? How come you think AragakiAyase didn't react well to Xiz (presuming you're meaning he's suspicious)?

                        Really like that AragakiAyase fact-checked here about MixMasterLar's accusation of Wineandbread. I think Wolves are generally lazy (I know I am!!!) particularly when it comes to verifying and justifying other people's reads. I think they're usually much more concerned about reads on themselves or Wolf Partners. But I don't see any major reason to believe he and Wineandbread are Wolf Partners.

                        I like reuben_tate's post here about Red Blaster liking Wineandbread. I think I missed the post reading through the topic this time around, but I remember thinking it was sort of weird the first time I saw. Anyway, I don't think Red Blaster's post is so informative, but I like the manner in which reuben_tate brings it up. He refers to it as something he doesn't want to forget about it and speaks of its importance as pliant (to my eyes at least). It feels he's honestly seeking opinions on something imo.

                        Originally posted by thesunfan
                        I am here, sorry for my low activity

                        I am probably not reading the thread tonight, I will actively play this game tomorrow

                        none of my earlier reads matter I'll probably reset everything
                        sunfan lied cuz he gave us DANK READS beginning minutes after and we know only Wolves lie so he's clearly a Wolf, gg


                        ogay i'll continue the remainder of the thread l8r cuz from first impressions, I mendmelded very well with sunfan when he started posting and I doubt that's changed. I'll try to scrutinize the thread better l8r, because right now I only have a few Human leans. Thinking there might be Wolves among the less active peeps, but I ought to review my current reads before them. I'm concerned about accidentally throwing the Third Party as a Human read (something I've done in the past), but w/ever, sunfan will carry!!!

                        I'm fine with a Dabackpack lynch, but would definitely like to keep other options open. I'm glad sunfan cleared up about misinterpreting the Phase end, because I thought it was weird that he was pushing on him so hard! I agree about those on his list to not lynch (except XelNya whom I don't have a major opinion on yet - I only skimmed your quotepost sry). Maybe add Gradiant as a maybe. Oh, and obviously sunfan too. I got u fam!!!

                        Xiz is reading a lot better for me now, especially from his big post.
                        Before I forget!!! Sorry, I didn't clarify about it, but the chatlog in the spoilertag of this post (sorry again, the formatting is really bad) has me conversing for about 24 minutes starting from:
                        Mashi - Today at 3:28 PM
                        sry i decided to read backwards this time

                        Until I realized here:
                        Mashi - Today at 3:52 PM
                        simple games are the easiest to break!!!
                        oh
                        did the game start

                        Comment

                        • Wineandbread
                          Custom User Title
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 2105

                          #537
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          Mmm posts

                          Concerning DBP, I am reminded of his behavior on d1 of the first TWG I played where he ended up wolf. As much as I don't like imposing meta on games, it inevitably seeps into every game so it stands out to me.
                          I will vote him tomorrow afternoon if there's no word.

                          ---

                          Concerning MML, it really seems like an amateur move to not have noticed that 3 wolves are in play this game. I was reading his posts assuming that his post count theory was liking towards ONE wolf being active and OTHERS inactive, but not ONE active and ONE inactive. The fact that he responded to me explicitly unaware of the setup is disconcerting.

                          Then I read that sunsfan didn't read the setup either and I had mostly pegged him as town for the last few pages of contribution, so there's that.

                          The setup is super interesting though, I might make a post on it later.

                          ---

                          Concerning myself, let's pocket sunsfan with a little blurb on the current events of Mr. Wang:

                          Downloaded all of The Last Airbender last night to watch again, as I am leeching as much data as I can from Bell before I switch to a new ISP on Tuesday. Hnngh so gud
                          I am currently holding my neighbor's luggage because they were not home to receive it today, and I could barely understand the guy's accent.
                          Was washing my nanoparticles today and for some reason they will just not come down with the normal centrifuge conditions... I am so fucen confused. I also can't turn the centrifuge speed any higher.

                          Pocket jokes aside, I don't think I am really playing much different than from that jTWG. I don't really feel like my reads list was all that substantial.

                          ---

                          I will now feast, start season 2, and return to The Fray
                          Originally posted by Gundam-Dude
                          my semen is flying through the air as we speak
                          We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

                          Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017


                          Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.


                          Comment

                          • Gradiant
                            FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 1100

                            #538
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            AA has posted nothing to change my mind regarding his horrible tone thus far in the game, and I don't agree whatsoever with sunfan's posts defending him. However, I don't see a scum sunfan hard defending that shit, so I'm fine with calling sunfan town for now.

                            Comment

                            • Gradiant
                              FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 1100

                              #539
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              I'm also cool, lynching Arnt. Super inactive, finally comes in and posts some super generic list of stuff that's both not paying attention to the posts he's basing his stuff off of and latching onto stuff people have already said giving no further explanation.

                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #540
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                I'm here for real this time


                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...