TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • inDheart
    Picker @ JAX2
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2011
    • 505

    #2041
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    If it's not Zenith, maybe YoshL or MML imo
    this post bothers me because of its context. this is a minute before you voted for insta and i'm 95% sure i saw this before i posted my "we have time"

    it reads like the biggest hedge in case we make a boo-boo, and because you made your vote right after that, you didn't leave it open to discussion. if you had something to say in particular motivating either of those two, i would have wanted to hear it before day ended

    Comment

    • inDheart
      Picker @ JAX2
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2011
      • 505

      #2042
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by DaBackpack
      we're kind of in a bad place because we actually have no wolf lynches this game

      but I think inDHeart has the right idea studying the wagons on wolves
      and this isn't what i said i was doing because there was like

      one

      Comment

      • Charles Claythorne
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2013
        • 138

        #2043
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        Read through everything since I last posted and ruminated over everything a bit. Overall, my doubts on Dabackpack have been placated mostly.

        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        Regarding the Zenith insta, yes, in hindsight it was stupid, but he had literally given up at that point, and I publicly announced my intent to do so around 10 minutes before I placed the final vote. People were in the thread. Even sunfan was watching and nobody stopped me. The point of saying that I'm voting someone is to see if anybody has any reservations before I do it. Everyone just watched.
        At first, I did not like Dabackpack's Insta last Day Phase at all. But now that I look back to it, I think he looks all the more Human.

        Think of it how a Wolf might that Day Phase, in the last hour. It seemed like Zenith was more or less going to be the lynch that Phase and Dabackpack was in no danger of being lynched from the looks of it. As a Wolf, I think it's apparent that he would have considered the consequences of his actions if he knowingly and overtly caused an Insta. So would a Wolf want to draw attention to themselves and Insta Zenith there? When the same result likely could have come by the end of the hour? I think it's very unlikely.

        Perhaps the only reservation I have of this theory is that Zenith's self-vote may have prompted people to reconsider a lynch on him, and it didn't seem like Dabackpack was 100% sold on Zenith being the last Wolf. But I think it could be explained by a triggerhappy Human than anything (I reacted similarly with the Tokzic lynch).

        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        since we're at six people, it's def in our best interest to no-lynch if we mislynch today I think
        Liked this post, even if it did ostensibly misremember there being no lynch in the game. I think a Wolf is slightly likelier to have taken a better look at the lynch mechanics.

        Originally posted by T-Force
        That said, would Mashi -really- put that much effort in if he was a wolf?
        And I say this knowing that he, as a wolf, is damn good at hiding it, and refuting it. I've seen him call BS on a cop with 2 wolf checks (including a check on Mashi himself), get the cop lynched, AND win the game because of it.
        lol maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but I bet if I were a Wolf this game, I bet I would have devoted at least twice the effort I have thus far! Playing as a Human is fun, but it's really tiring because I have to think so much and am so busy! And it sucks when I'm wrong!!!
        also are you referencing the live twg lol, I didn't even remember you had another Wolf check

        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        is Yoshiisland a new player btw?
        I don't know for sure if Dabackpack is the type of Player to fake not knowing things, but if he isn't, I think he definitely looks good for this comment. I figure Yoshiisland would in one way or another express his newness in the Wolf chat at some point, or that it would be evident in some way.

        Originally posted by inDheart
        i just woke up from having passed out for two hours somehow???

        yeah yoshiisland is new icymi, this is his first game
        How do you know this is his first game? Perhaps I missed it too, but I don't remember him specifically saying this was his first game.

        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        this is really hurting my head
        same tbh
        except it was hurting my head a while ago, i'm feeling ogay now hul
        but same

        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        The little nagging bit in my mind is that when I played wolf with Mashi in the fake-mason game, he as a wolf was really diplomatic and considered my opinions even though there was an obvious power/experience imbalance. Meaning that he might have been swayed into nightkilling AA if someone could convince him that he was a PR or SK. But again I don't see this being the case here
        That's one of my favorite Wolf games of all time fyi
        I don't think anyone left alive rn (except YoshL maybe?) knows my wolfing meta, but presuming AragakiAyase was the one wolfed, I would never wolf him, because I never wolf my friends Night 1 lol. sunfan touched upon this Day 2 somewhere, but I don't think he likes using it because he thinks it's a bad meta to have!!!

        inDheart, after your look at XelNya and Yoshiisland's posts, how do they affect your reads now? It seems to me that you might be focusing on Dabackpack or benguin/T-Force (YoshL too?), but I'm not sure.

        Comment

        • inDheart
          Picker @ JAX2
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2011
          • 505

          #2044
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by DaBackpack
          this same attitude is why I was reading reuben town earlier

          from my memory wolf reuben usually posts a lot of mechanics/math/alignment neutral stuff but not actual reads or attitudes. This game he's posted less, but there are glimmers of opinions and synthesis there

          T-Force is kind of in the same camp, but to be honest I can't read him that well altogether

          I think I'm used to T-Force being neutral as a wolf which isn't here
          meeeh

          i don't feel like i've been very warm on ben, and while i was hoping i could reset that for force, the problem is we've seized on like the same 3 things to talk about today. he and i seem to have a rather different playstyle as he's focusing in the moment whereas you and i just spent a while rereading

          Comment

          • inDheart
            Picker @ JAX2
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2011
            • 505

            #2045
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by Charles Claythorne
            How do you know this is his first game? Perhaps I missed it too, but I don't remember him specifically saying this was his first game.
            it's in his death post and it came up in his post to me early on, too - something like "I know this is your first game, as it is mine"

            Originally posted by Charles Claythorne
            inDheart, after your look at XelNya and Yoshiisland's posts, how do they affect your reads now? It seems to me that you might be focusing on Dabackpack or benguin/T-Force (YoshL too?), but I'm not sure.
            i'm most wary of force, if only because of occam's razor. xel's early vote on ben comes off as astoundingly deadly serious, like an easy attempt at an early-game partner push, and those sentiments persisted even through the next day. their actions toward dbp are confused a bit by the growing movement on him that happened on the first day, so for me he's on about the same level as yoshl, who they both tended to ignore more. (well, island called him scummy, but his reads don't seem all that valuable to me)

            Comment

            • inDheart
              Picker @ JAX2
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2011
              • 505

              #2046
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by inDheart
              meeeh

              i don't feel like i've been very warm on ben, and while i was hoping i could reset that for force, the problem is we've seized on like the same 3 things to talk about today. he and i seem to have a rather different playstyle as he's focusing in the moment whereas you and i just spent a while rereading
              wow did i not finish this thought

              pretty much i see more things they've said as alignment neutral rather than specifically town-telling

              Comment

              • T-Force
                Your world ends with you
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2007
                • 4753

                #2047
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                Okay, what the hell, it's 2 hours until EoD and there hasn't been a post in 17 hours????
                Good god, guys...
                Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                Comment

                • T-Force
                  Your world ends with you
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 4753

                  #2048
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  Just got home, reading what I've missed, and there's been something bothering me today and I want to look more into it.
                  Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                  Comment

                  • inDheart
                    Picker @ JAX2
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 505

                    #2049
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    i'm here what's up

                    i don't think i ever really commented on last eod so i could do that

                    Comment

                    • Charles Claythorne
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 138

                      #2050
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      Just got home. Father procrastinated on heading back when he picked me up from the dorm, but I'll be here until Phase ends.

                      Comment

                      • YoshL
                        Celestial Harbor
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 6156

                        #2051
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by Charles Claythorne
                        I don't think anyone left alive rn (except YoshL maybe?) knows my wolfing meta, but presuming AragakiAyase was the one wolfed, I would never wolf him, because I never wolf my friends Night 1 lol. sunfan touched upon this Day 2 somewhere, but I don't think he likes using it because he thinks it's a bad meta to have!!!
                        i would agree 100% if it wasn't coming out of your mouth

                        but sunfan i think i remember said something about this ????

                        in my head, dbp -> indheart wins for town, but idk, since it looks like i've been barking up the complete wrong trees this whole entire game. maybe sans xiv being weird this game, but otherwise, rip my reads

                        i'm actually curious, this question goes towards mashi and dabackpack, who are both currently (i think) scumreading me:
                        if it isn't me, then who/why

                        also pls elaborate on why me because i want to talk


                        Originally posted by Charu
                        Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                        Comment

                        • T-Force
                          Your world ends with you
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 4753

                          #2052
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          Okay, I went back to look at YoshL's day today.

                          Starting off with these:
                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          there's 6 people left currently. town gets 2 lynches.
                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          please be careful, backpack and force have phantoms, and we have an even number of people alive.
                          Nothing alignment-indicative here.

                          Next, after the phantom clear-up, we have this post which is just an entire flip-flop on DBP that looks like it has substance, but still ends being nothing more than "idfk".

                          Following that is a reads list. Quick, has ideas, but nothing solid. You've got:
                          - Possible wolf?
                          - Town? Basically the line is "i've had pretty big suspicion on him that i haven't let up on, despite it shrinking away as phases went on (especially after xiz died), but i haven't really stopped and taken a step back until his posts earlier this phase to look back and re-evaluate what i /really/ felt. I wouldn't personally touch him anymore" The hell is that?
                          - "up in the air" So null.
                          - ???
                          - Town

                          A+, 10/10, would read again.


                          Followed up by him not reading DBP as a wolf,

                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          maybe not a 180. This post makes me feel ultra uncomfortable

                          ...
                          ONLY TO FLIPFLOP YET AGAIN.

                          And then we get to the last 2.

                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          i see dabackpack flailing, and that's actually it.

                          can you like, try making a coherent argument at this point
                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          i'm honestly still waiting for concrete things to pop up so i can address them rather than "yoshl is top scum because he feels bad"
                          How about not so much that you feel bad, but you actually ARE bad? This isn't town YoshL. Town YoshL gets in -everyone's- face regardless of when it is, and doesn't relent until he has his answers. Town YoshL doesn't half-ass ANYTHING and yet looking at his entire day so far? Calling it half-assed is being generous. You have done nothing to help us solve this game today, you have MAYBE one solid read, and you've been basically fluffing your posts to give them length, when in reality, YOU GIVE NO SOLID OPINION.

                          tl;dr, this is not Town YoshL.
                          Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                          Comment

                          • T-Force
                            Your world ends with you
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 4753

                            #2053
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            Oh now you want to talk?
                            Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                            Comment

                            • roundbox
                              fhqwhgads
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 2086

                              #2054
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD


                              VOTE COUNT
                              MixMasterLar -> DaBackpack
                              T-Force -> YoshL

                              ---


                              DaBackpack
                              X + 0.1
                              YoshL
                              X


                              ---

                              Yet to vote:

                              YoshL
                              DaBackpack
                              inDheart
                              Charles Claythorne

                              Possess phantoms:

                              DaBackpack (+0.1)
                              T-Force (+0.1)

                              ---

                              Xelnya -> Mashi
                              Xiz -> AA
                              Yoshiisland -> Charu
                              YoshL -> thesunfan
                              Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
                              Xiz -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
                              YoshL -> inDheart
                              Xelnya -> reuben_tate
                              inDheart -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
                              thesunfan -> inDheart
                              inDheart -> Unvote
                              AragakiAyase -> inDheart
                              YoshL -> AragakiAyase
                              Xiz -> AragakiAyase
                              inDheart -> AragakiAyase
                              AragakiAyase -> Unvote
                              AragakiAyase -> Arntonach
                              MixMasterLar -> Wineandbread
                              MixMasterLar -> Unvote
                              thesunfan -> DaBackpack
                              Charu -> DaBackpack
                              Xelnya -> Xiz
                              YoshL -> MixMasterLar
                              Xiz -> MixMasterLar
                              DaBackpack -> MixMasterLar
                              inDheart -> Unvote
                              AragakiAyase -> Charu
                              MixMasterLar -> DaBackpack
                              Charles Claythorne/Mashi -> Charu
                              Tokzic -> inDheart
                              Xelnya -> Unvote
                              Arntonach -> Charu
                              thesunfan -> Unvote
                              Yoshiisland -> Unvote
                              thesunfan -> DaBackpack
                              reuben_tate -> Charu
                              AragakiAyase -> Unvote
                              Arntonach -> Unvote
                              Gradiant -> Arntonach
                              Tokzic -> Charu
                              Xelnya -> MixMasterLar
                              YoshL -> DaBackpack
                              Tokzic -> _Zenith_
                              _Zenith_ -> Arntonach
                              Tokzic -> Charu
                              Wineandbread -> Charu
                              Tokzic -> Unvote
                              Tokzic -> DaBackpack
                              thesunfan -> Unvote
                              Tokzic -> Unvote
                              YoshL -> MixMasterLar
                              thesunfan -> AragakiAyase
                              Charu -> AragakiAyase
                              Arntonach -> YoshL
                              Tokzic -> Charu
                              AragakiAyase -> Charu
                              Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
                              inDheart -> DaBackpack
                              YoshL -> AragakiAyase
                              Arntonach -> DaBackpack

                              Xiz -> thesunfan
                              MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
                              YoshL -> MixMasterLar
                              Wineandbread -> Tokzic
                              Xiz -> Xelnya
                              Xiz -> Unvote
                              _Zenith_ -> Yoshiisland
                              thesunfan -> Wineandbread
                              thesunfan -> _Zenith_
                              inDheart -> Yoshiisland
                              Charles Claythorne -> Gradiant
                              inDheart -> _Zenith_
                              Xiz -> MixMasterLar
                              Xiz -> Wineandbread
                              Charles Claythorne -> Wineandbread
                              Charles Claythorne -> Tokzic
                              Charles Claythorne -> Wineandbread
                              YoshL -> Wineandbread

                              Gradiant -> MixMasterLar
                              MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
                              thesunfan -> Tokzic
                              YoshL -> MixMasterLar
                              Gradiant -> Unvote
                              thesunfan -> Unvote
                              _Zenith_ -> inDheart
                              Gradiant -> Tokzic
                              _Zenith_ -> Tokzic
                              inDheart -> Tokzic
                              YoshL -> Tokzic

                              YoshL -> _Zenith_
                              T-Force -> _Zenith_
                              thesunfan -> _Zenith_
                              _Zenith_ -> _Zenith_
                              DaBackpack -> _Zenith_

                              ---

                              Today's theme:
                              Last edited by roundbox; 08-19-2016, 07:38 PM.
                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                              Comment

                              • inDheart
                                Picker @ JAX2
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 505

                                #2055
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                force, you saw yoshl vs. zenith as a wolf-town interaction; do you still feel that way?

                                i went back and looked at zenith's posts because i thought him self-voting meant he had nothing else to say to us. he gives some reasons for me when pushed by yoshl - in fact, much of his day was defined by responding to yoshl and having to defend himself in general.

                                Originally posted by _Zenith_
                                I'm not trying to go after you in the sense I think you're a wolf, no no

                                I still have a town read on you.

                                Bolded is another subjection to a meta read that I already commented that should be thrown away.

                                I haven't seen the "normal" amount of work you put into a game yet which is why I'm pressuring to see more from you, not pressuring to find out if you're a wolf or not because I'm pretty sure you're town here. If you think I'm attempting to sheep Sunfan because confirmed you are wrong, if you read back, you can see Sunfan and I have shared similar thoughts even though he's had problems with me this game (See: D1). Knowing what he thinks will allow me to look at my own reads from another view which is where I feel like I should be currently since I'm puzzled about who the last wolf is.

                                Don't think I'm solely targeting you either about activity / wanting more content, everyone needs to start being more active and contributing and you're just getting the start of it because you're here and active, sorry. I'm pissed off at DBP, I don't like that T-Force doesn't even want to skim the past phases and wants to play this one "as if it's d0" because whatever is said in this phase comes off as face value and not "it's logically attributed because of past events". MML is very inconsistent with his activity but still reminds me of the last game I played with MML (Turbo 3) where I gunned him down and he flipped town for making eerily similar posts as the ones he is making this game. inDheart is for lack of a better term bad right now, this is the second time he took flair in something he is sheeping (See: D1 Sunfan, Now you). I think his section about me about wanting to gain town points is absurd, it isn't about the town points, it's about actively attempting to find the last wolf right now.
                                this post is interesting to me - yoshl looks towny to zenith but hasn't fit into the amount of work he usually does when he's town yet? like, to the point where he doesn't see yoshl any worse for it and would rather see me go, but just wants him to step it up

                                like, it makes me wonder whether zenith was actually more content with yoshl's output on that day, even though he was the one being pushed

                                i remember him agreeing with something yoshl was saying about mashi but i don't remember that coming up - mashi was "getting null" for zenith

                                Comment

                                Working...