TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • choof
    Banned
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Nov 2013
    • 8563

    #526
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

    lukewarm tap water: the post

    Comment

    • AragakiAyase
      Waifus
      • Apr 2015
      • 961

      #527
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      Oh I'm here. Don't try and spin it as if it's otherwise.

      I'm not answering most of these because you re not going to take anything I say seriously anyway. You haven't yet and you won't start now (in before obligatory "thats because you re not serious" post)

      I will give you that AA did use this situation to largely fade off and didn't seem to want to keep questioning you after you started getting into it with me. You can take that as my read on him if you like.
      fade off? I went to sleep lmfao

      pikakirby123 reincarnated





      Comment

      • AragakiAyase
        Waifus
        • Apr 2015
        • 961

        #528
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

        Originally posted by choof
        why are you asking sunfan when AA was actively attacking me and said that he was getting closer to a town read on me

        do you not think that AA is a vet?
        are you intimidated by sunfan? are you trying to pocket him?
        oh I'm a vet now? Yay

        pikakirby123 reincarnated





        Comment

        • AragakiAyase
          Waifus
          • Apr 2015
          • 961

          #529
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
          I honestly think Charu and AA could be playing wolf (Charu comes in, shitposts, votes and leave and AA seems to want to ask alot of direct questions which is probably the second aggressive thing here) but everyone stated early that Charu juat does that kind of stuff to start to ball rolling, and you make sense with your read on AA.
          so you have me and choof as potential wolves because of our aggression

          can you consider a scenario where a town is aggressive?

          and did choof have a read on me? I didn't see it

          pikakirby123 reincarnated





          Comment

          • MixMasterLar
            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2006
            • 5401

            #530
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

            Originally posted by AragakiAyase
            so you have me and choof as potential wolves because of our aggression

            can you consider a scenario where a town is aggressive?

            and did choof have a read on me? I didn't see it
            Not choof, I was talking to/about Sun's read.

            I can comprehend a town being aggressive and possibly why, but with essentially two wolf teams in this variant I think that it would probably not benefit town as much as it could in a traditional set-up.
            ​

            Comment

            • AragakiAyase
              Waifus
              • Apr 2015
              • 961

              #531
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
              Not choof, I was talking to/about Sun's read.

              I can comprehend a town being aggressive and possibly why, but with essentially two wolf teams in this variant I think that it would probably not benefit town as much as it could in a traditional set-up.
              why does two wolf teams make aggression from a town less beneficial?

              pikakirby123 reincarnated





              Comment

              • botchi246
                Keepin it Real since '05
                • Mar 2005
                • 619

                #532
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                Pfft aa in my experince you are a vet!

                Comment

                • AragakiAyase
                  Waifus
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 961

                  #533
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                  Originally posted by botchi246
                  Pfft aa in my experince you are a vet!
                  only my 11th game bruh

                  that's only 8 more than you

                  pikakirby123 reincarnated





                  Comment

                  • botchi246
                    Keepin it Real since '05
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 619

                    #534
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                    Das a lut

                    Comment

                    • thesunfan
                      Role Tide
                      Sectional Moderator
                      • May 2011
                      • 10859

                      #535
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                      Not choof, I was talking to/about Sun's read.

                      I can comprehend a town being aggressive and possibly why, but with essentially two wolf teams in this variant I think that it would probably not benefit town as much as it could in a traditional set-up.
                      People are more likely to stick to their own meta rather than adapt their aggression or lack thereof to the setup itself.

                      it looks weird if someone is aggressive one game and then not aggressive the next, and if they say something like "The setup doesn't lend itself to me being aggressive" then, well, they're probably dead meat
                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                      Originally posted by XelNya
                      I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                      Originally posted by star-crossed
                      (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                      Comment

                      • MixMasterLar
                        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 5401

                        #536
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                        why does two wolf teams make aggression from a town less beneficial?
                        Seems to me they both would want to target the other early, as a situation where you have less town then opposing wolves would be pretty shitty.

                        With that in mind, all we have to do is sit back and vote wolves when we see them. We do have to at least cast votes and keep up, but trying hardcore to route out one wolf team seems like it just benefits the other.

                        I hope that helps.
                        ​

                        Comment

                        • lurker
                          ur worst nitemare
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2003
                          • 1628

                          #537
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                          ring ring hello it's 2006 can we take our aim chat lingo and shitty reasoning back
                          some feathery f**k

                          Comment

                          • MixMasterLar
                            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 5401

                            #538
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                            Originally posted by thesunfan
                            People are more likely to stick to their own meta rather than adapt their aggression or lack thereof to the setup itself.

                            it looks weird if someone is aggressive one game and then not aggressive the next, and if they say something like "The setup doesn't lend itself to me being aggressive" then, well, they're probably dead meat
                            Wish I had seen this before my last post.

                            This makes sense
                            ​

                            Comment

                            • AragakiAyase
                              Waifus
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 961

                              #539
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                              Seems to me they both would want to target the other early, as a situation where you have less town then opposing wolves would be pretty shitty.

                              With that in mind, all we have to do is sit back and vote wolves when we see them. We do have to at least cast votes and keep up, but trying hardcore to route out one wolf team seems like it just benefits the other.

                              I hope that helps.
                              why are you assuming there are two wolf teams? I was going to cite a setup statistic but campus wi-fi people just blocked the website lmfao. I think it's 1/3 chance of a 2nd wolf team though so there's definitely a chance of only one wolf team, so this seems like an odd assumption

                              pikakirby123 reincarnated





                              Comment

                              • thesunfan
                                Role Tide
                                Sectional Moderator
                                • May 2011
                                • 10859

                                #540
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                                Wish I had seen this before my last post.

                                This makes sense
                                Yoshl said your PM to him regarding how TWG works was A+
                                now, Yoshl is a hard man to get a compliment from if you're new to TWG
                                so, do you have any experience with TWG outside of FFR, because it seems like no.
                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                                Originally posted by XelNya
                                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                                Originally posted by star-crossed
                                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                                Comment

                                Working...