TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tokzic
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 6878

    #316
    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

    hi twg thread i'm too drunk to play right now but i just thought i'd pop in

    c u 2moro qts ;*

    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

    Comment

    • Tokzic
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 6878

      #317
      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

      WELL, I MAY BE TOO DRUNK TO HAVE GOOD THOUGHTS ABOUT WHO'S A WOLF

      but i know i thought about making this post already while sober so i know it's gonna be legit

      Originally posted by AnkoAcid
      So I owe you guys an apology. My only explanation for this is that I've been really busy with work, school, and other problems to truly give this game any attention. I have a kindle fire, so it helped me somewhat stay updated on what is going on but it's useless for providing responses. I've hardly been home the past two days, therefore I've hardly had any time to give any response. I'm really sorry for upsetting anyone, that was not my intention.
      i feel kind of bad for my unnecessarily intense assault of your posts as acceptable style and i wanted emphasize that it's totally fine playing the game as seriously or unseriously as you want to, as long as you're voting and discussing on top of your fluff posts

      it's totally fine if life happens, too, as long as you make sure to keep us in the know

      but yeah sorry for turning up the heat on you (it gets hot in the twg kitchen sometimes)

      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

      Comment

      • XelNya
        [Kaho]
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2012
        • 3369

        #318
        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

        You set off the fire alarm. You should learn to do the cooking by the book.

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #319
          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

          Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
          It's cool Afro, I see you rant and pretty much dont' care
          Your reply suggests otherwise.

          And yeah, I paraphrased your post to exaggerate my point, but you were absolutely putting forward a false dilemma. You artificially limited discussion to two people and asked us to choose from those two exclusively. You took a loose, open-ended discussion and actively tried to put it down on those two. Very strange.

          The only question is if you had malicious intent or if you were just foolishly, accidentally pushing those two toward the gallows while not taking a hard stance on anything yourself.

          Originally posted by AnkoAcid
          So I owe you guys an apology. My only explanation for this is that I've been really busy with work, school, and other problems to truly give this game any attention. I have a kindle fire, so it helped me somewhat stay updated on what is going on but it's useless for providing responses. I've hardly been home the past two days, therefore I've hardly had any time to give any response. I'm really sorry for upsetting anyone, that was not my intention.
          Step 1: Get criticized for not saying anything of value.

          Step 2: Finally arrive on the scene.

          Step 3: Apologize for saying nothing of any value.

          Step 4: Don't bother actually commenting on anything in the game.

          Step 5: ???

          If you've been keeping up to date, you should be able to say something about the SIXTEEN pages of stuff we've already moved through. A paragraph of apologies and excuses is not of any value to us. We need actual input about the game. And really, you can TOTALLY make posts with non-standard keyboards. Not everything has to be a quote-fest or a giant wall. Sometimes just throwing a sentence or two out suffices. Sometimes even just a few words can get your message across. Assuming you even have anything to say in the first place.

          Originally posted by Funnygurl555
          I don't think that would apply to a game where cardflips are off.
          Nope. At least in my experience, most wolves are generally more non-committal. They more often try to avoid making connections with other players, whether positive or negative. It doesn't matter if a lynched player if publicly flipped or not, wolves usually don't like to be associated with someone that strongly. It's a rare and skilled wolf who can be an active, hardcore pusher in getting someone lynched, even if there are no flips. More frequently, they hang back, let the townies kill each other, and just give gentle encouragement when necessary.

          The only thing no-cardflips tell you is that reds likely will not throw each other under the bus. Because they have little to gain from killing a partner if their partner isn't going to be revealed as a wolf.

          Comment

          • Funnygurl555
            T-Force's Rival
            • Dec 2010
            • 1865

            #320
            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Nope. At least in my experience, most wolves are generally more non-committal. They more often try to avoid making connections with other players, whether positive or negative. It doesn't matter if a lynched player if publicly flipped or not, wolves usually don't like to be associated with someone that strongly. It's a rare and skilled wolf who can be an active, hardcore pusher in getting someone lynched, even if there are no flips. More frequently, they hang back, let the townies kill each other, and just give gentle encouragement when necessary.

            The only thing no-cardflips tell you is that reds likely will not throw each other under the bus. Because they have little to gain from killing a partner if their partner isn't going to be revealed as a wolf.
            Hmm, okay. If that's the case, then we should focus our attention on the people who have actually been watching for the most part than trying to get a lynch going. That would easily exclude V, you and, Xiz (which I guess doesn't help me much because I already wasn't suspicious of you guys).

            Perhaps, instead of trying to lynch Anko, would anyone agree that it may be beneficial to look at who jumped on the Anko wagon? She was racking up quite a few votes. That probably got the wolves a bit excited, hm?

            If so, then I could dig through through the thread and compile a list or something as well as narrow down potential suspects. The day phase is almost over, though.
            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
            is funny eaman?
            Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
            Originally posted by the sun fan
            GET DUNKED FUNNY
            (eaman is her name irl, friend)

            Comment

            • Vendetta21
              Sectional Moderator
              Sectional Moderator
              • Aug 2006
              • 2745

              #321
              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

              alright afro i will vote manti with you if you want to go that route i see wolfishness in his behaviors, one of the few people i get more than the natural level of "is she? isn't she?" about

              buuuut until that point that you're pushing manti, i want to keep the votes on ankoacid who i'm currently hoping will die today

              i find funnygurl's hop-on hop-off (like wax-on wax-off get it?) of anko to be a little nauseating.

              Comment

              • yo man im awesome
                soleil ardent
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2007
                • 6514

                #322
                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                Could we have count please @TPS? <3

                Starting to believe Xelnya is just a human making a stupid move as opposed to wolf.

                Specifically this post:

                Originally posted by XelNya
                What can I say, I like to do my reading.

                Come the next few hours I'll be at work. I still hold to either FG or Clasko. Preference to Clasko.

                I would move my vote but that would show I am not true to my word. So on myself my vote will stay.

                I still hold these people as possible wolves:

                Clasko: Posts on walls asking questions and in thread content. Even if the wall post is a joke, it's suspicious and red flagged as hell.

                T-Force: no ground to go off either way still.

                And add these persons:

                Guest: Shitty post in thread + lack of posts
                Anko: Due to the wall posts.

                Released for now:

                Xiz possibly I misread due to not having played a game with him before. I'm letting go for now but I still am a bit weary.

                And yes I am aware this number equals five.
                Deciding between Anko and T-Force right now. I do feel bad for you, Anko, but that's not going to change my opinion for TWG. Gonna look over some posts and see who (since I'm down for lynching both of them) takes priority in my opinion of who needs to go first.

                Originally posted by choof
                you double dad loving dipshit
                Originally posted by t-rogdor
                dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                Originally posted by smartdude1212
                I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                Comment

                • Funnygurl555
                  T-Force's Rival
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 1865

                  #323
                  Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  alright afro i will vote manti with you if you want to go that route i see wolfishness in his behaviors, one of the few people i get more than the natural level of "is she? isn't she?" about

                  buuuut until that point that you're pushing manti, i want to keep the votes on ankoacid who i'm currently hoping will die today

                  i find funnygurl's hop-on hop-off (like wax-on wax-off get it?) of anko to be a little nauseating.
                  Yowzas, Vendetta. Give her a chance. She hasn't really posted anything yet. The fact that she apologized shows (at least to me) that her silence gig wasn't some sort of strange wolfy playing style.

                  She's viewing the thread now. Please say something, Anko.
                  Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                  is funny eaman?
                  Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                  Originally posted by the sun fan
                  GET DUNKED FUNNY
                  (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                  Comment

                  • Funnygurl555
                    T-Force's Rival
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 1865

                    #324
                    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                    And then she's not...
                    Seriously? You're not helping your own case here, Anko *sighs*
                    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                    is funny eaman?
                    Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    GET DUNKED FUNNY
                    (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                    Comment

                    • AnkoAcid
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 10

                      #325
                      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                      I'm opting out. I did send a message to Tps last night.

                      AnkoAcid

                      Comment

                      • Funnygurl555
                        T-Force's Rival
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 1865

                        #326
                        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                        Originally posted by AnkoAcid
                        I'm opting out. I did send a message to Tps last night.

                        AnkoAcid
                        Oh...
                        Well, it was nice playing with you, I guess? =/
                        Sorry for all the heat you got from everyone, including me.

                        Also, I really don't think Anko was a wolf now. If she actually ends up being replaced, can we please look for someone else? Why would a new player pass up being a wolf?

                        Manti, T-Force- at least those options are better than her. Yikes, I don't like where this vote is heading...
                        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                        is funny eaman?
                        Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        GET DUNKED FUNNY
                        (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                        Comment

                        • AnkoAcid
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2013
                          • 10

                          #327
                          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                          To be honest that was my own fault, I didn't expect that this game would demand that much time.

                          Comment

                          • yo man im awesome
                            soleil ardent
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2007
                            • 6514

                            #328
                            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                            Originally posted by AnkoAcid
                            To be honest that was my own fault, I didn't expect that this game would demand that much time.
                            It is a considerably demanding game, hehe. When I talk to my friends about how I play this, I refer to is as the Game of Mental and Emotional Compromising

                            Originally posted by choof
                            you double dad loving dipshit
                            Originally posted by t-rogdor
                            dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                            Originally posted by smartdude1212
                            I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                            Comment

                            • Funnygurl555
                              T-Force's Rival
                              • Dec 2010
                              • 1865

                              #329
                              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                              Originally posted by yo man im awesome
                              the Game of Mental and Emotional Compromising
                              Lol, that's perfect xD

                              But yeah Anko, this game does take a lot more time than it looks. I remember I played my first game during finals week and that was just fun. =P
                              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                              is funny eaman?
                              Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              GET DUNKED FUNNY
                              (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                              Comment

                              • Vendetta21
                                Sectional Moderator
                                Sectional Moderator
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 2745

                                #330
                                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                                Originally posted by AnkoAcid
                                I'm opting out. I did send a message to Tps last night.

                                AnkoAcid
                                TPS please replace

                                Comment

                                Working...