Sorry for the lack of anything but personal makeover, work, and then small roadtrip led me out of commission.
Can I just say that you people leave NOTHING TO BASE ANYTHING OFF OF?
Seriously, maybe I'm just bad, but I don't have much of a read on anyone.
I feel funnygurl's posts at the beginning were jokes that people took too seriously.
Middie's playing a nonchalant style and practically daring people to go after him; he's not the brightest person, but he's not that stupid. That said, it's still kind of suspicious. Even with the self-vote, that could just be a ploy to get us off of his back. It's not enough for me to want to vote for him, but I'll drop a vote on him anyway; sorry XelNya.
Everyone else is just bantering back and forth. Nothing really to read off of, at least in my eyes.
Now someone do something that changes my mind - or don't.
The one thing that I've learned from my short time in TWG is that the wolfiest thing that someone could do is claim that they have no suspicions on anyone at all. It's much harder for a wolf to fake reads than for a townie to legitimately write something up.
Anyway, it's nice that you're actually on my side with this situation, but this may be the strongest read I'm going to have for a while. T-Force
Originally posted by MixMasterLar
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Being that we're still early in day one, I figured that it would be worth while to try and spark some sort of discussion rather than try to do a last minute lynch fest and potentially kill a townie.
In response to what you've just said: I'll admit that Manticore wasn't supposed to be at the bottom of the list, I just so happened to make the post and he was still at the bottom after I double-checked it. It was an honest mistake for me to miss him, but I'd still have him as the same solid green, so that doesn't really change at the least. As far as the commendation about YMIA voting you, it wasn't as much a commendation as much as it was an acknowledgment of him trying to start discussion, just like how I gave you similar "commendation" for being pushy towards Xiz about his inability to want to share information.
Also, no one is ever explicitly a townie in a read, that would be absolutely stupid to assume and I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to realize that. That's why I mentioned that they were my thoughts, hopefully implying that they were in fact my opinions (and that they needed to be taken with a grain of salt).
Uhh Afro you don't take the king on your first move in chess. It's impossible to kill someone like manti with a lynch on day 1 unless you are coordinating it as a wolf (I know from experience both ways.) If your theory is contingent upon halogen also being a wolf (???? because he is reaching so early) I'm actually surprised you didn't push more towards halogen, and want to understand why your preference was to vote for Manti.
That reads to me like trying to start an ineffective lynch on purpose, which I'm not holding strongly, but I want to know if your level of strategy is only going as deep as "I'm going to place a second vote."
But tell me T-force, what are your thoughts on Mellon and Halogen as of now?
Mellon's too quiet to really tell, but knowing my one game with her, that's enough to send alarm bells ringing in my head, but I'll give it a few more days before I really play off of that.
Halogen's reads are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too early in the making. It's the middle of day 1, for crying out loud. Also, slightly off. I mean judging someone's greenity (it's a new word now) based off of their post frequency is slightly... odd.
Middie's playing a nonchalant style and practically daring people to go after him; he's not the brightest person, but he's not that stupid. That said, it's still kind of suspicious. Even with the self-vote, that could just be a ploy to get us off of his back. It's not enough for me to want to vote for him, but I'll drop a vote on him anyway; sorry XelNya.
You bastard how could you.
Joking aside:
Wouldn't it be safe to argue that "kind of suspicious" shouldn't be what you base your vote off of when we have clasko with a red flag and FG on the major defense? We have bigger priorities than a guy who posts like shit. We have someone who's "accidentally" stated they're possibly a wolf. I'd be jumping that if I weren't busy voting for myself because I said I would.
T-force you were hopping on a wagon really really early without giving any information at all, trying to start something when you CLEARLY said it was too early to get reads on someone.
As of now, XelNya is a 'safe' lynch where you can just flop your cock on without causing much controversy. Watch yourself. I'm not going after you right now, but I will later if you keep that shit up.
V, Manti is not god of TWG. He's not even that good. I mean, his town play isn't bad, but he's not the best player or anything. For example, I'd say that you're just as good at playing town, but you're WAY better at playing wolf. There is absolutely no reason we should be especially afraid of lynching Manti.
Anyway, I voted for manti because I'm a pragmatist and figured that putting manti at 2 votes was better than putting halogen at 2. But now someone else is voting for halogen, so I'll put mine there too.
I had no idea that trying to generalize reads on the first day based off of activity was such a bad thing.
*shrug*
I'm not going to backpedal or change anything that I've said, because it is how I feel about the situation, haha. Chalk it up to being really inexperienced, I suppose. I looked back at a few different TWG games and saw reads of individual people early on, and I just assumed that it would be safe to compile them all together.
Comment