TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vendetta21
    Sectional Moderator
    Sectional Moderator
    • Aug 2006
    • 2745

    #211
    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

    Ok that's what I was thinking after I made that post. And it isn't that manti is a god it is that he is perceived as too valuable at this point as a part of some relic from the past people barely remember and as a part of being moderator. I just accept his day 1 off-the-tableness personally, and had figured you might be privy to having your pragmatism run along those lines.

    Comment

    • Xiz
      TWG Chaos
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2012
      • 3399

      #212
      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

      I'd like to consider that a newbie mistake AJ, but from how active you were in spectating previous games, and me knowing how you have read about 4-5 games, I think you know the flow of the game.

      Comment

      • TC_Halogen
        Rhythm game specialist.
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2008
        • 19376

        #213
        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

        I've spectated six different games (from TWG CII), but knowing player mannerisms to determine whether or not a person is/isn't a certain role isn't going to aid me in posting my thoughts. I'm certainly not sitting down watching each thread at every waking hour.

        Comment

        • Vendetta21
          Sectional Moderator
          Sectional Moderator
          • Aug 2006
          • 2745

          #214
          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

          I'm wondering if you going and reviewing day 1 behaviors for what seems normal is a sign of how you aren't proceeding naturally and need to feel out how humans have acted in previous games. I always question the validity of the list method in general. Info overload and really easy for wolves to hide behind weak reads but appear to be scrutinizing (when real scrutiny is focusing on 1 or 2 people at a time.) Haven't seen it lead to a good lynch either. It's like telling wolves "here, look at how you can manipulate me!! My #1 suspicion is a wolf, but you can get me on your side for my #2!!!"

          Also might just want to kill ankoacid if this reading but not playing continues.

          Comment

          • Xiz
            TWG Chaos
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2012
            • 3399

            #215
            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

            ^ I'm kinda the same way about Anko - i'm fine with kill of the people not giving any input at all

            Comment

            • Xiz
              TWG Chaos
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2012
              • 3399

              #216
              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

              with killing*

              I really should edit my posts when typing them. But I have a habit of just posting off the top of my head lmfao

              Comment

              • Xiz
                TWG Chaos
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2012
                • 3399

                #217
                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                *killing off

                damn it lmfao

                Comment

                • TC_Halogen
                  Rhythm game specialist.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 19376

                  #218
                  Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  I'm wondering if you going and reviewing day 1 behaviors for what seems normal is a sign of how you aren't proceeding naturally and need to feel out how humans have acted in previous games. I always question the validity of the list method in general. Info overload and really easy for wolves to hide behind weak reads but appear to be scrutinizing (when real scrutiny is focusing on 1 or 2 people at a time.) Haven't seen it lead to a good lynch either. It's like telling wolves "here, look at how you can manipulate me!! My #1 suspicion is a wolf, but you can get me on your side for my #2!!!"

                  Also might just want to kill ankoacid if this reading but not playing continues.
                  I wouldn't doubt if I'm doing this subconsciously in an effort to try and just survive a bit longer than my first trainwreck of a game, considering I didn't even get any playtime in the anonymous TWG. It is what it is, though. I even went out of the way to read up on previous threads for voter mannerisms. I'm really meticulous when it comes to detail, which is why I posted what I did in the first place.

                  Regardless of the outcome, I'm still going to play this game as long as I can. Worst case scenario is me ending up out on the sidelines of another game, and I learn from my lessons for this game.

                  Comment

                  • Vendetta21
                    Sectional Moderator
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 2745

                    #219
                    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                    Cool that answers my question, I caution you not to fall into the trap of loosing your confidence and focus on your reads because you've had to defend yourself so much. I want to see how a long time observer strikes on day 1.

                    Comment

                    • Afrobean
                      Admiral in the Red Army
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 13262

                      #220
                      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                      Originally posted by Xiz
                      ^ I'm kinda the same way about Anko - i'm fine with kill of the people not giving any input at all
                      despite the strange wording, i agree with the sentiment

                      I'd be willing to vote for anko if my top choices aren't on the block come day's end.

                      Anyway, when is day even ending? And can we get a vote count?

                      Comment

                      • Xiz
                        TWG Chaos
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 3399

                        #221
                        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                        At this time I would like to remind everyone that there is no out of thread talking. Since outside chat is turned off, please respect that rule.

                        Comment

                        • clasko1000
                          Ima Twans
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 633

                          #222
                          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                          I know i was saying that i had opinions. First one lies with TC_Halogen. If we look back, before night phase began, both him and xiz voted to kill FoJaR, who was incendiantally killed night one.

                          As for day one, Afro stated my thoughts pretty well. He attacked me probably because he was annoyed with my talking, so i attacked him back. (Same reason) I would pick a more serious vote of TC_Halogen because he hoped on the bandwagon and kept saying responses like "This doesn't make sense", like 4 times against my posts. I HOWEVER, don't feel that manti is a wolf at this point. At least i dont know his play-style, but all that's come out of his mouth is lets find the wolves, and he just directs all side topics to that. Someone else can chime in for if hes always like this or not. Feels like hes a dedicated person to winning this game.

                          Xiz also gives me suspicion, i feel like when he helped me, it was out of sympathy that i was a new player. Im very grateful, but that puts you on my suspicion list.

                          Im changing my vote to TC_Halogen
                          It doesnt matter where you draw the line, everything leads to the same place... Over the line!

                          Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

                          Originally posted by emerald000
                          I'll take some more free boosters please.
                          Originally posted by choof
                          please do the community a favor
                          http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

                          Comment

                          • clasko1000
                            Ima Twans
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 633

                            #223
                            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                            I dont know if its early in the game or what, but i feel like ive only interacted with half of the thread so far??
                            It doesnt matter where you draw the line, everything leads to the same place... Over the line!

                            Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

                            Originally posted by emerald000
                            I'll take some more free boosters please.
                            Originally posted by choof
                            please do the community a favor
                            http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #224
                              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                              Originally posted by xiz
                              at this time i would like to remind everyone that there is no out of thread talking. Since outside chat is turned off, please respect that rule.
                              who tried to cheat

                              tell me their name so that i can stab them through the heart

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #225
                                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                                oops i got caps filtered

                                That really took the wind out of my sails. I'm going to go kill myself now.

                                Comment

                                Working...