TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - GAME OVER

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kilgamayan
    Super Scooter Happy
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2003
    • 6583

    #46
    Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire M

    Originally posted by whorlichan
    Originally posted by Kilgamayan
    stuff
    other stuff
    Read my post again. He-who-must-not-be-named is not the reason I will have no interest in this game until tomorrow.
    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

    Comment

    • The_Q
      FFR Player
      • May 2004
      • 4391

      #47
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

      Ok, ok, I'll play more. Sorry for leaving my chair more than to just take a dump.

      Anyway, Tass, to comment on my own stupidity...

      I'm playing this game fresh. I decided to not to read up on anything. Two reasons, I want to completely relearn the game and I'm far too lazy to even read your D&D transcript all the way through, let alone study up for this postgame. Laze and ignorance are two different things, and you of all people should know this, Mr. "I won't even pick up the phone even though it's on the next seat cussion."

      Anyway, I expect you guys to think I'm acting fishy. I made an odd first post and I haven't played in ages and a day. Who knows how I'm going to do this? I mean, I do have a reputation for being relatively smart (check out my sig, folks!) and I am a vet with four pips. Of course, I got those pips by riding on the coattails of Tass (which he's proud of, I'm sure.) Then again, I did delude four greens for an entire game once as a wolf, so who knows how good I am or how I'll play?

      I'm willing to throw more doubt on myself. I mean, in the long run, I'm not much of a loss if I'm lynched, am I? Who would be a loss, though? Tass would be an immediate drag for the blues and greens if he goes down, I suggest keeping him a while. At least from what I remember of him.

      And as I remember, it's not bad to change votes. In that case, let's do the Chicago thing. "Vote early, vote often." And if you're dead, vote twice.

      Q

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #48
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

        Is it just me... or what that post completely random, yet throwing in subtle reverse psychology hints against me?
        RIP

        Comment

        • talisman
          Resident Penguin
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2003
          • 4598

          #49
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

          I didn't see the reverse psychology... I think that's paranoia on your part. randomness yes. I mean, I give all new players + tps a free ride for two days unless something rediculously incriminating comes up so I'm trying not to analyze Q like he's playing at the top of his game yet. Hopefully it can be chocked up to rustiness and the game having changed while he was away.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #50
            Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

            Originally posted by Tasselfoot
            Is it just me... or what that post completely random, yet throwing in subtle reverse psychology hints against me?
            Seems ok to me. Actually, your responding like this is just making me feel better about my vote.

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #51
              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

              Tass would be an immediate drag for the blues and greens if he goes down, I suggest keeping him a while. At least from what I remember of him.
              That is what I was referencing... suggesting to keep me, then doubting himself right after. As if he's NOT so sure.

              Then the whole mystery thing about whether or not he's even good at TWG... having pips, not earning them, etc etc. He contradicts himself the whole thing. Reminds me of the few times way back that I'd taunt the wolves when I had an alliance but knew the guardian was dead. Taunt them to kill me... but in doing it, it makes it obvious that the guardian is dead. Only, he's doing it for anothe reason. Q is like me... lazy. So anything he does has a purpose. It might just be so that he gets suspicion early so doesn't become a wolfing target. Or it could be more. I have no idea.
              RIP

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #52
                Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

                Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                Tass would be an immediate drag for the blues and greens if he goes down, I suggest keeping him a while. At least from what I remember of him.
                That is what I was referencing... suggesting to keep me, then doubting himself right after. As if he's NOT so sure.
                Definitely paranoia on your part. He was simply saying that you'd be an asset to the humans and we should keep you alive, but after that he made sure to say that it wasn't a fact and that he remembered it that way and that it might have changed since he quit.

                Comment

                • QreepyBORIS
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 7454

                  #53
                  RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

                  No, I absolutely saw self-contradiction in there. Doesn't necessarily hint at anything other than a tiny bit of his strategy (or lackthereof).

                  Signature subject to change.

                  THE ZERRRRRG.

                  Comment

                  • FishFishRevolution
                    GotR Creator
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 7251

                    #54
                    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

                    I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss everything Q says, guys. I know if I was returning from a long absence as a wolf, I would totally ride the I-expect-people-to-ignore-me-because-i'm-playing-the-old-game wave as long as possible. Talisman even said, he would give a grace period of two days before he seriously considers the weirdness as evidence. Now, I'm not saying that Q is a wolf, I'm just saying don't dismiss things like that, we could be playing right into a mind-trap.

                    As far as Afro goes, he's not waving a red flag in my mind, especially since I agree with some of his points. Tass looks like my biggest suspicion just from what's been said, but since that's next to nothing, I'll hold out on a vote for now.

                    Comment

                    • alainbryden
                      Seen your member
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 2873

                      #55
                      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

                      I agree that Q was being self conradicting. He understands the human psyche, reading only what we want to read. of course we are more evolved in here and read into everything. If Q would have it his way, I think that post was meant to please everyone, even those with completely opposing opinions. It was meant to be completely ambiguous and in the end, not shed any real light on his opinion. This kind of detatched post is very much a wolf strategy.

                      To clarify my previous post, and also relevant to what I just said, we see things that support our theory. If we assume eveyone is a wolf, then we will see every possible wolf attribution. If we assume all human, we will not notice but the most outstanding wolf traits. Everyone knows that when someone get's focused on one or two people they think are wolves, they become almost ignorant to all other posts.

                      This being said, all I was really saying was assume everyone is a wolf, and treat them as critically as possible. This will give you alot more to work with when voting.
                      ~NEIGH

                      Comment

                      • User6773

                        #56
                        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

                        I'm calling for more activity here...last night the AIM conversation never even GOT to talking about TWG before ap filled it with a0.com people. Today there's been very few posts. What gives?

                        Comment

                        • Tasselfoot
                          Retired BOSS
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 25185

                          #57
                          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

                          No idea, but the spirit is the same as from the chat, even before ap. We all come in, and right away it is off topic... mostly Jurs with random verbal diarrhea. *sigh*

                          I've voiced my opinions... nothing new to comment on. Although I'm fairly certain there are people playing who haven't posted at all.
                          RIP

                          Comment

                          • The_Q
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2004
                            • 4391

                            #58
                            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

                            Well, for one, Chardish, I have things to do that involve social activity with those of the female persuasion.

                            That, and there's not much for me to say. After all, whatever I say will be interpretted as odd or wolf-speak, so I'm kinda pointless. However, I would like to draw attention to Alain and Tass acting strange. Stranger than normal, at least. Tass is excessively paranoid about my behavior when he knows I'm no challenge to him and Alain is being very lax about Tass's claim that he might be a wolf. Could they be in something together?

                            Q

                            Comment

                            • talisman
                              Resident Penguin
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2003
                              • 4598

                              #59
                              Ok so let's go back to the kill for a second, since that's the biggest clue we have right now. No matter what tass was saying earlier, I don't think killing stretchy was a "standard" kill. There are simply way way more people considered better than her and a low chance that they would be guarded.

                              Starting from that, there are several possibilities (this will be half recap half new stuff):

                              1)stretchy talked to people on aim before the game started and somehow gave the impression to a wolf that she might have been blue. I kinda doubt this, but you never know.

                              2)all the 'normal' night one type kills are the wolves themselves, forcing them to look elsewhere. Still, there should have been someone else out there that would have been a stronger kill than stretchy even if all four wolves are superpowers.

                              3)the wolves killed stretchy as a confusion kill. This is what I think is the case.

                              Assuming number three then, one has to wonder who, as a wolf, would think to kill stretchy. We can further assume that that person would have realized the kind of emotional reaction (the "aw shit she hadn't played in a while") such a kill would generate and was willing to play with that kind of set up, and that the wolf who suggested this isn't afraid of trying new things and setting up interesting situations.

                              The thing is, there are a limited number of people who fit that description, and while you don't have to fit the description to be a wolf (there are two others) you do to be the one who thought of killing stretchy.

                              going down the list then:

                              Tasselfoot - it's definitely possible that tass could think of this. he's tass. to examine the scenario: tass predicts the kind of emotional reaction to stretchy dying, perhaps has a wolf buddy help make sure it happens (with posts like blah's or chardish's) and plans his first post to be stand out from the others (the "we shouldn't be commiserating") so it makes him look human, as the stereotypical human wants the game to progress while the stereotypical wolf would love a few pages of talk about how the wolves are big bad meanies for not letting stretchy play after such a long time off.

                              FishFishRevolution - I don't think fish ever played with stretchy, so I can't see him contacting his fellow wolves and saying "hey guys let's kill stretchy". I think he would play it more cautiously.

                              The_Q – honestly if he were a wolf, after such a long time off, I don't see him being the one to take a leadership role and suggets killing stretchy. In the case that he's a wolf I see him as following along what his partners are doing. Could be wrong though, I don't know Q all that well.

                              JurseyRider734 – pretty sure jurs and stretchy are pretty tight e-buddies and whatnot. or at least I remember posts to that effect in the PYP thread a while back. This doesn't exonerate jurs by any means, but I do see her as less likely to suggest stretchy than others.

                              Afrobean - definitely possible. he likes experimenting and taking risks. as for how the scenario would work out, I'm not sure. he didn't really show up until page two (I think) and started off with a vote that he's been adamant to stick too. if he is a wolf then he's playing off his recent "intuition and being green is good" thing and hoping to avoid detection that way.

                              HansSky - also a risky enough player to go for stretchy, I think. the scenario: he knows people will react the way the did, and he knows he can, of all people, get away with the "I have no sympathy." one line post.
                              (btw hans shoud post more, I'm not even sure if he's posted since that first one. I mean if you do finally get the chance to play.... take it.)

                              QreepyBORIS - tough to say, but I lean towards no. He's a logical type player, definitely clever, but I would expect him to suggest a more straightforward kill.

                              talisman – not really relevant because I'm human, but I wouldn't have suggested stretchy at all, I would have probably named ap or chardish instead just because I think straightforward night one kills like that serve the wolves better because not as much discussion could come out of it.

                              Torlock – no way does torlock suggets stretchy, unless maybe he randomly picked a name out of the list or something. first off, as a wolf and a relatively new player to the professional twg circuit or whatever, I don't see him trying to call the shots right off the bat. secondly, I don't think he knows stretchy at all, much less how she plays etc.

                              lightdarkness – possible. ld likes trying crazy things. I know that when I was a wolf with him he was all for killing someone that no one would expect night one specifically to generate confusion. the scenario: he did suggest it and has been avoiding directly discussing it too much and has made sure to get in his temporary inactivity excuse as well as his future activity 'excuse' out of the way so as to make himself as unsuspectable as possible.

                              chardish – I can see chardish thinking of this. He's a devious player and likes mixing things up. (TWG XV, anyone?) The scenario: he predicts the reaction and plays along with it, assuming that it will be large enough no one will be able to accuse someone of wolfishness based on the initial posts. from there he plans on making a large post so as to appear helpful and lay the groundwork for justifying a future vote, nothing a human wouldn't do.

                              Kilgamayan – I honestly don't see kilga as the type to be suggesting kills in the first place... he just seems sort of laid back. I mean, I can see him rejecting suggestions and discussing suggestiongs, just not making them, especially for stretchy.

                              alainbryden – yeah, alain could think of this. the scenario: alain maybe suggests killing stretchy because he doesn't think people would suspect him of killing another 'returning vet' so to speak. he then plans his posts around just appearing as though he's just trying to get back into the swing of things and trying to get his ideas out there without ever really accusing anyone, just agreeing or disagree with things people have already said.

                              flypie743 – flypie no, but aperson yes. can't say what the scenario would be now, since the players have changed and whatnot and ap's first post is kinda gone.

                              blahblah18 – mayyyybe. I still kinda see blah as a similar player to myself, mainly that he's straightforward and logical and prefers the simple and effective solution. In the game when we were wolves together the first names out of his mouth for who to kill night one were ap and hans, very normal choices. But he is blah, after all, and he did have that reputation.

                              So therefore IF the kill was designed to be a confusion kill as I think it was, then the possible people who could have suggested it as a wolf IF my analysis is correct are tass, afro, chardish, ld, hans, alain, ap (flypie), and maybe blah.

                              so not too much help, but it does narrow the list down somewhat and it's something else to think about.

                              Comment

                              • JurseyRider734
                                lil j the bad b-word
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 7507

                                #60
                                So basically you're saying all of the power players think of this. You could have just said that in one sentence, you know.

                                By the way chardish is an asshole assholeassholeassholeassholeasshole asshole.

                                He annoys me.

                                Why?

                                See:

                                edit here

                                This Is Chardish (6:03:03 PM): Jurs.
                                This Is Chardish (6:03:09 PM): You have made a grand total of one post
                                This Is Chardish (6:03:15 PM): You have said nothing of importance in that post
                                This Is Chardish (6:03:19 PM): In AIM chats
                                This Is Chardish (6:03:28 PM): You have constantly derailed the conversation
                                This Is Chardish (6:03:35 PM): And demanded it not be about TWG.
                                (6:03:37 PM) QreepyBORIS has entered the room.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:03:42 PM): Yeah keep talking.
                                This Is Chardish (6:03:46 PM): I suspect you might have invited AP too.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:03:53 PM): Hahaha.
                                This Is Chardish (6:03:53 PM): Though none of us have any way of knowing.
                                QreepyBORIS (6:03:54 PM): Hi!
                                QreepyBORIS (6:03:57 PM): Dinner!
                                xtrialanderror x (6:03:57 PM): Wow
                                This Is Chardish (6:03:59 PM): Anyway, Jurs
                                xtrialanderror x (6:04:00 PM): I really can't fucking stand you.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:04:10 PM): I'm not even friends with ap, and I didn't invite him
                                xtrialanderror x (6:04:19 PM): So stop trying to blame me for shit that I didn't do.
                                This Is Chardish (6:04:23 PM): That aside, your behavior is a far cry from the peppy blue we saw last game trying to rally everyone up.
                                This Is Chardish (6:04:26 PM): Explain yourself.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:04:32 PM): Drama club.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:04:42 PM): Give me something to post about.
                                This Is Chardish (6:04:52 PM): That's not an answer, that's a cop-out.
                                This Is Chardish (6:04:57 PM): The onus is not on us to make you active.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:04:58 PM): Because basically the thread is you guys telling Q to stop acting stupid.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:05:17 PM): Which is something I really don't feel like partaking in, seeing as I don't like him and I don't want to be involved with any discussion involving him.
                                This Is Chardish (6:05:26 PM): Then explain to me why you haven't posted your opinion on this matter in the thread?
                                TasselFoot (6:05:28 PM): thats real mature
                                TasselFoot (6:05:40 PM): "i don't like him, so i won't even DISCUSS him... ewww boy kudies"
                                xtrialanderror x (6:05:50 PM): You're funny.
                                This Is Chardish (6:05:55 PM): You should quit TWG if you refuse to interact with certain persons in the game.
                                This Is Chardish (6:06:13 PM): You should quit this game, too, if this is your feeling.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:06:19 PM): Then try to explain to me what the deal was with all of the 7 or so people rallying against Tass.
                                TasselFoot (6:06:29 PM): 7?
                                xtrialanderror x (6:06:37 PM): I'm not saying i'm not going to play the game with him, I don't feel like getting in annoying arguments about his dumb strategies
                                xtrialanderror x (6:06:40 PM): When I don't know my point.
                                This Is Chardish (6:06:52 PM): Then you should at least try to shift conversation away from that matter
                                xtrialanderror x (6:06:59 PM): On to what
                                xtrialanderror x (6:07:06 PM): "hey guys tass is suspicious ok look out for him 8)"
                                This Is Chardish (6:07:19 PM): It's better than silence.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:07:25 PM): Get this through your big head
                                xtrialanderror x (6:07:28 PM): It's Day 1
                                xtrialanderror x (6:07:30 PM): I haven't talked to people
                                xtrialanderror x (6:07:34 PM): Give me a fucking break
                                xtrialanderror x (6:07:37 PM): God damnit
                                This Is Chardish (6:07:41 PM): Hell no.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:07:43 PM): You always find a way to shove a stick up your ass.
                                This Is Chardish (6:07:45 PM): Other people are active, too.
                                This Is Chardish (6:07:52 PM): Other people are active with nothing to go by.
                                TasselFoot (6:07:58 PM): /me eats popcorn
                                This Is Chardish (6:08:07 PM): I made my big post about my opinions on people at the end of Page 2
                                This Is Chardish (6:08:12 PM): There wasn't anything to place a vote on then
                                xtrialanderror x (6:08:12 PM): Good for you.
                                This Is Chardish (6:08:14 PM): There still isn't.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:08:21 PM): You should be really proud of yourself.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:08:23 PM): Seriously.
                                This Is Chardish (6:08:37 PM): Listen to me.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:08:47 PM): It's not that i'm not listening
                                xtrialanderror x (6:08:55 PM): I'd post if I had something to post about--I don't, so i'm not going to
                                This Is Chardish (6:08:59 PM): You do.
                                This Is Chardish (6:09:09 PM): If you didn't have anything to post about, you wouldn't be flapping your jaw at me.
                                TasselFoot (6:09:11 PM): post about chardish if you need to for grilling you
                                xtrialanderror x (6:09:13 PM): Okay i'll post about how much of an asshole I think you are.
                                This Is Chardish (6:09:16 PM): Anything worth saying to me is worth saying to everyone.
                                TasselFoot (6:09:19 PM): damn. i read minds.
                                This Is Chardish (6:09:25 PM): Make sure you don't break the swear filter, love
                                Torlock13 (6:09:33 PM): It's like your psycho or something.
                                xtrialanderror x (6:09:35 PM): sure thing baybee
                                This Is Chardish (6:09:36 PM): I'd hate to see you ejected too



                                I don't feel like typing it all out again, but pretty much the points I have are in there. I've been busy with drama club and homework, I don't have the time that most of you have to look through and analyze all posts and I don't feel like getting in the middle of Q-being-dumb controversy.

                                Have fun.
                                Originally posted by Arch0wl
                                I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                                the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                                Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                                Comment

                                Working...