TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - GAME OVER

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

    per request:

    lightdarkness42 (10:17:15 PM): yo

    Auto response from stressreliefball (10:17:15 PM): busy

    lightdarkness42 (10:17:18 PM): I'm sending this to you as a record
    lightdarkness42 (10:17:30 PM): so soemone can confirm when the game starts
    lightdarkness42 (10:17:45 PM):
    (23:14:23) Jay: I would like you to post this in TWG when the game starts
    (23:14:29) Jay: this game, regardless of if i'm green, blue, red
    (23:14:32) Jay: I'm going after people
    (23:14:37) Jay: I will be active no matter what role I am
    (23:14:41) Jay: because I don't want the games to go to all green
    (23:14:50) Jay: I'm going to try my best to figure people out, without the use of blues
    (23:14:59) Jay: k
    (23:15:03) Jay: Just want to be sure I said that before roles
    lightdarkness42 is idle at 10:35:34 PM.
    lightdarkness42 (2:29:50 PM): do you keep aim logs?
    stressreliefball (2:30:06 PM): sort of
    lightdarkness42 (2:30:13 PM): do you have what I sent last night
    lightdarkness42 (2:30:15 PM): or two nights ago
    stressreliefball (2:30:21 PM): yeah it's in this window
    lightdarkness42 (2:30:25 PM): post it plz
    lightdarkness42 (2:30:32 PM): cause i'm gonna be super active this game
    lightdarkness42 (2:30:39 PM): and I don't want peiople being all "omg ld is active omg wolf omg omg"
    stressreliefball (2:30:46 PM): mmk
    lightdarkness42 (2:30:52 PM): and that was before roles

    Comment

    • whorlichan
      Tiny Plastic Meat
      • Apr 2004
      • 669

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

      talisman: Kill priority is listed in the signup thread, but I'll reiterate.

      1. Guardian guards.
      2. Vampires kill (unless they choose the guardian'd person, and then they don't kill.)
      3. Human seer gets report.
      4. Vampire seer gets report.
      Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
      First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
      My lame LJ
      My friend Cassie's amazing photography

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

        Frankly talisman... why was torlock killed last game? because TPS talked to him and was convinced he was blue. I'm NOT saying it is the same here, but we've had enough games where someone like panda or eb dies night 1... and inevitably, we're all like, "wow, what was the point of the kill?" The question itself IS the point of the kill. Leave the top players alone to suspect each other by day 3 or 4, and kill someone who is fairly active yet has almost no chance of being guarded.

        Again I say to look for who normally talks to Panda. That is the clue we have to work with.
        RIP

        Comment

        • The_Q
          FFR Player
          • May 2004
          • 4391

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

          wuts twg?

          So Panda is a big player now, huh? Hmmm, well, honestly, were I a wolf I'd have gone for blah. He's a smart guy, he's taken game theory, and I like him less than Guido.

          But that's me. Right now I'm basically running on blanks for what we should do regarding who might be a wolf. It's been a while since I've played, so let me catch up. I might be silent until deadline, though. Figure out what you guys play like.

          Q

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #20
            RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

            Q, you can't possibly be that much of a retard. I know you aren't... don't tell me you haven't checked out at least the postgame of the past game or two... or didn't follow this past twg. Blah is CLEARLY not a good kill anymore. Ever since about twg12 he has been the king of inactivity.
            RIP

            Comment

            • JurseyRider734
              lil j the bad b-word
              • Aug 2003
              • 7507

              #21
              Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

              Originally posted by alainbryden
              Chris is being mean. He's NEVER mean. <_<

              I beg to differ.


              Although, I know Hans talks with panda sometimes (I think). Not sure if they talk so much anymore. The only person i've joked about TWG with is Chris, so I don't have much to say. Normal Day 1.
              Originally posted by Arch0wl
              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

                Up to now, I think the wolves are:
                Tass, Q, blah, and Talisman
                No evidence on this (but my gut of course). I just want to put it on the record.

                In fact, I'll throw a vote out on Tass. He seems to be pushing that whoever killed stretchy did so because they talk to them. That hasn't been a reason for killing someone in TWG since about the time I started playing.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #23
                  RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

                  Hmm... know what? You may be right Afro. I was thinking mostly of last game, with Torlock dying because he talked to TPS.

                  At worst, I sparked the first discussion.

                  Then again, why is it that Hans always dies? Middle tier player, is active, unlikely to be guarded. Perfect person to get the axe. Panda fits that profile too... could be that simple, in which case, bringing up one person or another is pointless. But, that doesn't help us towards a day 1 lynch, now does it. Instead, we can be helpful and give one theory or another, suggest one person or another, and get their reactions by suggesting them.

                  You did that rather easily with me. You sure are quick to throw that vote around.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #24
                    Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

                    Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                    You did that rather easily with me. You sure are quick to throw that vote around.
                    What does it matter? Since I'm green, I don't have to be careful about getting lynched, because if I'm lynched my team still has an excellent chance of winning. Only reds are extra careful to not get lynched.

                    Besides, it'll get people talking and that's always good.

                    Comment

                    • QreepyBORIS
                      FFR Player
                      • Feb 2003
                      • 7454

                      #25
                      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

                      Because blues love getting themselves killed.

                      ...And because greens love getting themselves killed.

                      Signature subject to change.

                      THE ZERRRRRG.

                      Comment

                      • Tasselfoot
                        Retired BOSS
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 25185

                        #26
                        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

                        Afro is showing some hostility from last game, I think.
                        RIP

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #27
                          Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - P

                          Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                          Afro is showing some hostility from last game, I think.
                          Actually, I'm completely over it.

                          My gut says you're a wolf, and I have a reason to justify it. So I voted. Since when is it a crime to vote for someone you think is a wolf just because they're "TASS OMGZ LET'S SUCK HIS WEINER"?

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #28
                            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

                            tass I don't really think stretchy and hans are on the same level. I think hans is a top player and she's a middle player, but that's just my opinion.

                            also your first post gave me the same vibe I got from your first post in XX or whenever that game was where you tried to fake seer ld. and that "you sure are quick to throw your vote around" line is kinda sketchy. Almost like you're trying to trap afro or something and make him look suspicious.

                            Comment

                            • User6773

                              #29
                              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

                              Early opinions:

                              Blah - made a post with no content right after the topic opened. So did I. Initial comments are usually nothing to go by, it's just something to get the ball rolling. Then he makes another post 6 or 7 posts down, which again is free of content. Blah...how the mighty have fallen.

                              Hans - No sympathy is understandable. We've seen how demoralized Hans gets from quick painless deaths from the last game. I don't see this as wolf or human, I see this as Hans.

                              Tass - Makes a clear attempt to start discussion among the humans, which he always does. Again, this is Tass. But something seems slightly off with his comments, namely the fact that he throws suspicion onto people right off the bat. Maybe he's just trying to get discussion rolling, but Tass is usually the kind of guy who likes to hold back with his suspicions until he hears what everyone else has to say. His next post is usual Tass game theory, nothing red or green about it. The post after that, he asks who talks to Panda a lot. This is Kilga/Kefit game IV logic, right here. Which furthers my suspicions.
                              The last time he was a wolf (XX), he said that the night 1 kill was something that shouldn't be paid much attention to. This might be an attempt to distance himself from that behavior. I'm not sure I buy his comment that he was talking about Torlock, because TPS got lynched because he was stupid enough to fake a conversation badly and post it. As well as reveal that he was talking to torlock before the game started.
                              The celerity with which the game started (compared to last game, at least) makes me doubt that anything pre-game got Panda wolfed.
                              He doesn't really defend himself too much against Afro's vote, dismissing it as bitterness over the ending to the last game.

                              Fish - Seems to suggest that the night 1 wolfing is a setup. Usually there's not much information that can be discerned from the night 1 wolfing. I think there's been only one successful setup in all of TWG history, where the wolves got someone lynched using only the night 1 kill as evidence. That was when Tass and I were wolves back in IV, I think.

                              Alain - hasn't played in months and I don't know what to think of him. He makes a few poor attempts at humor off the bat.

                              Talisman - correctly identifies that Stretchy is a confusion kill. On night 1 that's usually a good thing for the wolves to do.

                              LD - politely excuses himself from the room for the time being.

                              Q - feigns an unbecoming level of ignorance his first post. Furthermore, he states an intention to remain silent until deadline. Silence is never golden in TWG. You should throw out ideas and see how people respond (much like he threw out the idea of Panda being top tier and everyone quickly told him no.)

                              Jurs - throws in her support for the "we might be able to figure something out based on who Panda talks to" idea, but doesn't really say anything else. Suggests that the day is unremarkable.

                              Afrobean - accuses 4 people right off the bat, and casts a vote for a power player immediately. He is the first person to directly assert that he's green, and plays the Vizzini game of saying "if I were a red, I wouldn't be stupid enough to do what I just did." This has been used too often (even by myself) to try to conceal wolfish behavior. I'm on red alert (lol get it) on Afro right now...
                              Similarly, if Afro is a wolf, I'm guessing that exactly one of the people he mentioned is also a wolf. He probably wants to quickly distance himself from fellow wolves, but no wolf would risk naming both his buddies as potential wolves.

                              Qreepy - says hello and not really anything else.

                              Bad vibes from both Tass and Afro. But I need more evidence on them before making up my mind. I toss my "get your ass out here" vote on Q because I'm not satisfied with his reasons for remaining silent, and I want to see him speak.

                              Comment

                              • aperson
                                FFR Hall of Fame
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 3434

                                #30
                                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

                                I am no longer playing and therefore cannot post in the game thread.

                                Comment

                                Working...