TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - GAME OVER

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • whorlichan
    Tiny Plastic Meat
    • Apr 2004
    • 669

    #31
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

    Aperson has been removed from the game, for pissing me off with his cursing after promising explicitly not to do so.

    I'm looking for a substitute, I already have a list of eligible people and in which order they can say yes or no. If I don't get an answer from the first one (Flypie) before the Game Day is over, I'll go on to the next one (Mead). So please stop IM'ing me and telling me you want to play

    Here's a hint, guys--don't piss off the host.
    Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
    First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
    My lame LJ
    My friend Cassie's amazing photography

    Comment

    • Tasselfoot
      Retired BOSS
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2003
      • 25185

      #32
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

      I'm going to have to request that the hostess refrains from logging into a moderators account to delete/edit players posts... *ahem*
      RIP

      Comment

      • blahblah18
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2004
        • 1662

        #33
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

        wow this is absolutely absurd.. I am .. not even going to get into it here..

        BTW chardish, dont' try so hard, that's a really absurdly long post with really no relevant content in such an early time with nothing there. What I DON'T like is how everyone is like omg TASS is trying to subtley put suspicion on afro... this seems ridiculously contrived and is really just people jumping on each other's ideas to make it look like corroborating evidence. If he wanted to start spreading suspicion he'd go out and say it.
        but for now... postCount++

        Comment

        • whorlichan
          Tiny Plastic Meat
          • Apr 2004
          • 669

          #34
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

          Okay, guys, Flypie is officially in as a replacement for Aperson. I'll fix the "who's alive" posts. Carry on.
          Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
          First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
          My lame LJ
          My friend Cassie's amazing photography

          Comment

          • flypie743
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2004
            • 3210

            #35
            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

            Hi guys.

            I'm gonna go read the thread now. I doubt I'll have anything to comment on since from what I've seen it just looks like Afro voting for Tass and Chardish's long summary of stuff.

            IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

            Comment

            • Torlock
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2004
              • 475

              #36
              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Prega

              Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted. I went to the mall with Joey. Afro's being a bit suspicious, but I need to talk to people before I make an actual vote though.

              Comment

              • Kilgamayan
                Super Scooter Happy
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2003
                • 6583

                #37
                Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - P

                Originally posted by aperson
                I am no longer playing and therefore cannot post in the game thread.
                This game just got about 100 times worse.

                And no, I am not posting more than this. This night belongs to me and my exultation over finishing my 12 page JCulture research paper tonight and being green (on Day 1 to boot) isn't enough to get me sufficiently interested to do any investigating.

                I'll get back to you all tomorrow when I care enough to do so.
                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #38
                  RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee

                  So Kilga is copying Q's strategy. OMG wolf buddies!

                  Seriously though... ap broke the one rule Whorli specifically told him not to break, so he suffers the concequences. Frankly, when things like this happened in the past, the person wasn't replaced. We should be thankful to get a replacement (even though I don't agree with replacing him. Just like LD when he was a wolf in TWG8 or 10, or Cenright in another game).

                  I don't like how people are now stating inactivity (kilga, q, ld), even if for a claimed short period of time. Inactivity is a strong wolf cover and also leads to human lynchings. Also, we get the fact that Afro is suspicious of me and that Chardish made a big post... no big reason for 3 other people to make a 2-line post saying just that and nothing else.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • whorlichan
                    Tiny Plastic Meat
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 669

                    #39
                    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee

                    Originally posted by Kilgamayan
                    This game just got about 100 times worse. ...I'll get back to you all tomorrow when I care enough to do so.
                    If you have a problem with how the game is being run, talk to me and I'll let you out of it. There's lots of other people who didn't make sign-ups who will be perfectly happy to take your spot.

                    In the meantime...please stop cluttering up the thread with stuff about Aperson. This thread is for discussing the GAME. He's no longer part of that. The End.

                    If you do have something to say about it, either post in the Garbage Bin where it belongs, or talk to me personally.
                    Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
                    First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
                    My lame LJ
                    My friend Cassie's amazing photography

                    Comment

                    • Afrobean
                      Admiral in the Red Army
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 13262

                      #40
                      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee

                      Yea, I don't see the logic in even signing up if you plan on not being active. It's one thing if something comes up, but to plan on not being active? You shouldn't even sign up.

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #41
                        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee

                        less drama more game

                        here's my take on afro's vote: completely uncharacteristic of the way he's acted day one of the last two games he was a wolf. IF he's a wolf then he's playing a reverse psychology game (like someone mentioned with the vizzini). however I don't think it's the case. He was just a wolf in a game where his wolf team got hurt early by a fellow wolf trying reverse psychology (tps) and I can't see him as doing that same thing to his wolf mates, if he's a wolf.

                        Comment

                        • alainbryden
                          Seen your member
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 2873

                          #42
                          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee

                          I'm busy, but I just signed up nonetheless and hoped it would force me to be active.

                          I don't mind Chardish's extreme analysis (in spite of his attacking my humour). It's infinitely more important to have someone going to the extreme of suspicion on everyone possible as apposed to giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. It's the only way anyone gets anywhere in the game.

                          If you assume innocent until proven guilty, then it's incredibly easy for the humans to just lay back and get picked off in whatever order the wolves seem fit. Although people usually get killed for consistently doing what Chardish does, (either by humans for being extreme, or by wolves for stirring up shit), it's the only thing that anything will ever be brought to light.

                          One could avoid the bias on Chardish's head for being so involved by everyone being equally critical, and even sometimes irrationally so. The more crap getting thrown around, the more likely someone who's got something to hide will slip up to someone who can put 2 and 2 together.

                          I realise that one could interpret this completely conversely by saying that it confuses the humans so that everyone looks like a wolf, but you tell me which is easier: Picking the sketchiest and worst justified of a long list of potential wolves, or picking the least blended in of a long list of humans.
                          ~NEIGH

                          Comment

                          • HansSky
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 1925

                            #43
                            Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

                            Wow. ap finally got beat by propriety. What a joke.

                            Anyway...

                            Originally posted by The_Q
                            wuts twg?

                            So Panda is a big player now, huh? Hmmm, well, honestly, were I a wolf I'd have gone for blah. He's a smart guy, he's taken game theory, and I like him less than Guido.

                            But that's me. Right now I'm basically running on blanks for what we should do regarding who might be a wolf. It's been a while since I've played, so let me catch up. I might be silent until deadline, though. Figure out what you guys play like.

                            Q
                            I have a problem with the ignorance of this post. It starts with the "Well I'm not a wolf but if I were a wolf" thing, which just seems like something a wolf would do to prove their humanity. Afterwards, he says he's "running on blanks". The second page of the thread, and he's running on blanks. Nobody has any real suspicion yet, but for him to actual let us know that he has no clue who's who, I think, means a lot. It HAS been a while since he played, so he has missed a lot, and maybe a few steps back in the psychology department of TWG.
                            hi

                            Comment

                            • talisman
                              Resident Penguin
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2003
                              • 4598

                              #44
                              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

                              what does "running on blanks" mean anyway... ? I've heard "shooting blanks" and "running on empty" but never "running on blanks"

                              that aside I agree with alain's first point, that chardish's post is fine. blah it may be overly much for this early but better too much than too little. plus it's a really nice summary of people's initial reactions.

                              I'm not sure about alain's second point though.... were you suggesting people vote for the most wolfish or vote for the least human? Not sure that it matters anyway, but whatever.

                              Comment

                              • Tasselfoot
                                Retired BOSS
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 25185

                                #45
                                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXII - Vampire Melee - Pregame

                                Heh. I was thinking the same thing talisman. About Alain's second point. Wasn't sure which he was pushing for.

                                Either way, its about guilty until proven innocent. NOT the other way around. Especially late in games. Those couple of players who haven't "proven" their humanity are the ones who are going to get lynched.
                                RIP

                                Comment

                                Working...