Ok, have talked to a few people on aim. I was also aim'd my Hans, aske for my list as well. Not sure what to think of the kill, it could be reverse pyschology or just the obvious, it hurts my head getting into it. Pretty much everyone I talked to said Hans was going to die, so no help there. LD always jumps the gun (random votes, blindly following PM's, etc) So, not sure what to think of that. AP stated what I said, so not sure on him either. Have talked to Tass, need to talk to him some more, could be something he would do, the obvious. Also, coming out with another plan for the blues, could mean wolf or human, once again, no help. EB has just been speaking his mind, nothing helpful there. Few new players, going to have watch them to pick up any tendancy's. Going to look over past wolves that killed Hans night 1.
TWG XX: Humans win
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Since there is no guardian, this is probably going to be a game of sacrifices.
The higher-level people will most likely go first, unless somebody reveals something they shouldn't. If the voyeur is somebody who is likely to be a target of the wolves, they should start there voyeurings sooner, using other potential victims. Otherwise, the definately should lay back, unless if something else happens, i.e. prostitute sees a wolf.
If the prostitute sees a wolf, they should come out. It will be an easy day's kill, and then the voyeur will watch over them (without coming out). We either will then have another night of the seer, and can get the result, or the seer will die and the voyeur can come out and give us another wolf, getting two wolves in two days.
Also if the voyeur runs out, they probably should say so, so that we can prevent the prostitute from coming out without protection...Comment
-
I've though about this for a bit, this logic seems flawless. Assuming Hans wasn't the prostitue or the voyeur, an unlikely case, this will work without a hitch. Basically it ties the wolves down to making a sacrifice just to rid a blue. Considering there are 3 wolves and 3 special rolves plus the other humans, this is a -EV move for the wolves to make. So prostitute, when you do see a wolf, do come out. Remember what happened last game when the SPs didn't listen to Tass's strategy?Originally posted by TSAGodSince there is no guardian, this is probably going to be a game of sacrifices.
The higher-level people will most likely go first, unless somebody reveals something they shouldn't. If the voyeur is somebody who is likely to be a target of the wolves, they should start there voyeurings sooner, using other potential victims. Otherwise, the definately should lay back, unless if something else happens, i.e. prostitute sees a wolf.
If the prostitute sees a wolf, they should come out. It will be an easy day's kill, and then the voyeur will watch over them (without coming out). We either will then have another night of the seer, and can get the result, or the seer will die and the voyeur can come out and give us another wolf, getting two wolves in two days.
Also if the voyeur runs out, they probably should say so, so that we can prevent the prostitute from coming out without protection...

Comment
-
The one part of that that itches the back of my neck funny is the "voyeur should come out if they are out"... I'm really not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, it gets rid of the threat on the wolves and they can kill off freely whoever they want, while now there is a slight penalty.
But, at the same time... even if the prostitute comes out and dies for their pegging a wolf... like ap said, its a + for the humans. Unless they feel the prostitute can peg two wolves, or 3.
So... yea. I give my approval for this plan.RIPComment
-
The blues are basically expendable this game. As soon as one of them does their job, they're basically dead. Hooray for having no guardian. :P
On the other hand, the prostitute could build an alliance, which would be pretty helpful until the night after they found a wolf, because they're basically guaranteed to die if they come out. Wait, though, if the seer made an alliance, would they even need to come out at all? All they'd need to do is tell their alliance members who the wolf is, and that way they don't get slaughtered the night after a wolf dies, because they don't have to come out.
But even so, this doesn't seem terribly balanced to me. I don't think I've ever played a game, on FFR or in real life, where there was no kind of guardian at all.
Signature subject to change.
THE ZERRRRRG.Comment
-
both the bookie and the voyeur are sort of half guardians though. but the bookie is pretty ineffective unless it's known he's going to be betting on a certain known human every night or something. and is friends with the voyeur.
speaking of which, the bookie should report to the ho if this plan goes into effect, therefore he can take over the alliance if the ho dies.Comment
-
Tass is hardly a number 1 target anymore. Some people like to keep him alive the whole game just so they can laugh in his face and be like "HAHA YOU COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT" even though he'll say he had them pinned all along but was just busy no matter what.tass for instance was basically a sitting duck last night since it was unlikely that the voyeur would use his/her powers night one and there's no guardian. but perhaps the wolves didn't think that way or perhaps tass is considered as good anymore, at least by the wolves.
That, plus Hans has that whole gut thing, and he was trying to get shit together last night so he was being helpful. I guess Tass wasn't? I dunno, I don't really do TWG over AIM nearly as much as some of you. >_>
Anywho, the point is, recently, wolves go more for the active and helpful people, not just the top tier. Hence why I die alot, because I'm always talking. Whether I'm right or not, I spur other people on. Hans was spurring, getting things going. That's why a lot of people go inactive. Solution: everybody be helpful. I've been saying this for a long time now, but people don't listen to me, I think. Oh well.So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(
In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.
So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.
Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =OComment
-
I don't have the energy to care about this at all right now. Mondays absolutely suck and I added more running around to it than normal today due to talking with both the head of our school's secondary education program and my Japanese Culture teacher.
I'm amazed I even read through the thread. I didn't bother to read all of Tass' summary of what the blues should do because I'm not one and I'm sure he's spot-on so I don't see a need to care right now. For the record, TSA's plan seems fine to me.
More later. Whether this means tonight or tomorrow I don't know. Sorry for being useless.I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.Comment
-
I got this PM from TSAGod earlier today, and I'm not quite sure what to think of it.Originally posted by TSAGodI'd like you to come out as the prostitue, unless you are a blue. My hope is that the wolves will then kill you, but the voyeur will watch you, too. Then, we'd get one wolf, possibly the master wolf, on day two.
If you pretend like you forget that there is no guardian when you post, that'd be pretty cool. But don't use this strategy as you post. I think it may be the best way for it to work out to use the voyeur. But that's just me. Tell me what you think, about this, no matter what.Spicboy
lol signatureComment
-
You obviously aren't that good at thinking in general if you come right out and post this shit. You ruined a chance to delve some good information from TSAGod.Originally posted by SpaceBoy492I got this PM from TSAGod earlier today, and I'm not quite sure what to think of it.Originally posted by TSAGodI'd like you to come out as the prostitue, unless you are a blue. My hope is that the wolves will then kill you, but the voyeur will watch you, too. Then, we'd get one wolf, possibly the master wolf, on day two.
If you pretend like you forget that there is no guardian when you post, that'd be pretty cool. But don't use this strategy as you post. I think it may be the best way for it to work out to use the voyeur. But that's just me. Tell me what you think, about this, no matter what.
nsanelikeafish: tsa PM'd spaceboy
Phonem Recursive: just read that
insanelikeafish: but spaceboy kinda ruined his plan
Phonem Recursive: what the fuck is that guy doing
Phonem Recursive: yeah, just a little bit
insanelikeafish: man, that's pretty good
insanelikeafish: "I'm not quite sure what to think of it."
Phonem Recursive: Spaceboy is a dumb a0.com person
insanelikeafish: really?
insanelikeafish: man
Phonem Recursive: Personally, I see this as putting TSAGod in a bad light
Phonem Recursive: if he is a wolf he is effectively getting the voyeur to waste their lookings
insanelikeafish: oo
Phonem Recursive: if the plan went through spaceboy would say he is the prostitute
insanelikeafish: yeah
Phonem Recursive: the voyeur would watch him
insanelikeafish: waste a watching
Phonem Recursive: and then spaceboy wouldn't get killed
insanelikeafish: while the wolves did nothing
insanelikeafish: yeah
insanelikeafish: either way, we'll never know now that spaceboy put all his cards on the table

Comment
-
Yeah...it was only if he didn't get AIM...Originally posted by The First Part of the PMAs of now, you do not have AIM, and that will most likely be a problem in the future. If you end up not getting AIM, I'd like to propose a strategy to help this work out better for you, and the humans as a whole.
The really isn't much different than the prostitute coming out once he gets a wolf, except that it can be done without the prostitute. Except now it can't work, because the wolves know what would be going down.
With the new roles, it's a lot about figuring out how to play them. When you don't tell everybody the plan, it could work. Maybe.Comment
-
Everyone give spaceboy a big pat on the back.
And by "pat" I mean "stab". Ugh.
Signature subject to change.
THE ZERRRRRG.Comment
-
Originally posted by SpaceBoy492I got this PM from TSAGod earlier today, and I'm not quite sure what to think of it.Originally posted by TSAGodI'd like you to come out as the prostitue, unless you are a blue. My hope is that the wolves will then kill you, but the voyeur will watch you, too. Then, we'd get one wolf, possibly the master wolf, on day two.
If you pretend like you forget that there is no guardian when you post, that'd be pretty cool. But don't use this strategy as you post. I think it may be the best way for it to work out to use the voyeur. But that's just me. Tell me what you think, about this, no matter what.
Hahah, what did I tell ya...idiot.
I feel bad for Hans. I know for a fact that he gets PISSED when he's wolfed night one. This is like..the third time. One of the wolves must want him to NOT PLAY EVER AGAIN because he's threatened many times that if it happened again he would stop playing. Poor Chris.
aperson was just fishy because he and Hans were doing this whole duo thing, him joking like "Hey lets kill that Hans bastard" but I knew he was just doing his linguistic analysis stuff.
No thick evidence on anything. First day of day one...what can you expect?
Originally posted by Arch0wlI'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use
Originally posted by AfrobeanJust that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.Comment
Comment