TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaBackpack
    ~ お ま ん こ ~
    • Mar 2014
    • 918

    #1336
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    calm your tits it's not an attack on you
    no the point I wanted to make was that I don't think it makes sense for MML to be the serial killer here

    the supposition thus far is that his mention of vigi means he's a afraid of the vigi, ergo he's the serial killer

    but what doesn't make sense is that I think the serial killer would be hyper-aware of all roles that would get him killed in the game --- namely the vigi

    but he misremembered the vigi's specific role, namely that it was only one shot, which doesn't fall in line with that expectation


    Originally posted by Moogy
    no one cares
    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
    that's kind of a sad statistic

    Comment

    • DaBackpack
      ~ お ま ん こ ~
      • Mar 2014
      • 918

      #1337
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      Honestly it's not out of the realm of possibility because he DID forget other things about the setup, like the number of wolves, but again I would expect a serial killer to know really well what opposition he would expect to have


      Originally posted by Moogy
      no one cares
      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
      that's kind of a sad statistic

      Comment

      • DaBackpack
        ~ お ま ん こ ~
        • Mar 2014
        • 918

        #1338
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        you could make the argument that "well maybe he just didn't invest the time to plan and he didn't look at the setup" but if you look at his overall investment in the game thus far, that seems pretty unlikely for a serial killer

        his aberrant behavior fits the wolf role, if anything

        I feel less strongly about this as I did yesterday, which is worrisome, because I'm back at square one now


        Originally posted by Moogy
        no one cares
        Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
        there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
        that's kind of a sad statistic

        Comment

        • YoshL
          Celestial Harbor
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Aug 2008
          • 6156

          #1339
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by DaBackpack
          no the point I wanted to make was that I don't think it makes sense for MML to be the serial killer here

          the supposition thus far is that his mention of vigi means he's a afraid of the vigi, ergo he's the serial killer

          but what doesn't make sense is that I think the serial killer would be hyper-aware of all roles that would get him killed in the game --- namely the vigi

          but he misremembered the vigi's specific role, namely that it was only one shot, which doesn't fall in line with that expectation
          the supposition that i originally made was that he was planning for the future. being able to hint at being a vigi early without softing or anything is super useful if like, a scum dies and you can pop up like "look i've been contributing and i 'vigi'ed a wolf"

          or something to that extent


          Originally posted by Charu
          Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

          Comment

          • YoshL
            Celestial Harbor
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Aug 2008
            • 6156

            #1340
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            *being able to set up a future vigi claim as the sk


            Originally posted by Charu
            Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

            Comment

            • DaBackpack
              ~ お ま ん こ ~
              • Mar 2014
              • 918

              #1341
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              on another note, tbh I think this specific set of nightkills makes the EoD votes more than totally useless -> to reiterate what I said above it seems like both scum parties were attempting to off the other one, and failed miserably


              Originally posted by Moogy
              no one cares
              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
              that's kind of a sad statistic

              Comment

              • DaBackpack
                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                • Mar 2014
                • 918

                #1342
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by YoshL
                *being able to set up a future vigi claim as the sk
                this is a very good point


                Originally posted by Moogy
                no one cares
                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                that's kind of a sad statistic

                Comment

                • thesunfan
                  Role Tide
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • May 2011
                  • 10859

                  #1343
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  I think people focusing on MML because he was fixated on a vigi or whatever are doing it very, very wrong
                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                  Originally posted by star-crossed
                  (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                  Comment

                  • DaBackpack
                    ~ お ま ん こ ~
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 918

                    #1344
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by Charu
                    PLEASE LOOK AT MY REREAD POSTS
                    I'll do this later Charu


                    Originally posted by Moogy
                    no one cares
                    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                    that's kind of a sad statistic

                    Comment

                    • inDheart
                      Picker @ JAX2
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 505

                      #1345
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      Dawn of
                      The First Day

                      -72 towerposts remain-

                      Comment

                      • Wineandbread
                        Custom User Title
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 2105

                        #1346
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by Gradiant
                        My point still stands though. His reaction was fine for tokzic's vote as a) tokzic's play has been garbage and b) it forced a three-way kitb when charu never should've been up for lynch in the first place. Your reasoning is still bad and you're suddenly paying attention to tokzic after I've brought it up.
                        Maybe it's just that I don't have the same kind of emotions for TWG but I can't emphasize with Charu's reaction. I'd also like to point out that you never called tokzic out for it at EoD

                        Also if you see post 1291, I noticed the thing about tokzic's votes before you brought it up

                        I'd just like to elaborate on this pattern though:

                        First "lul"-tier vote on Charu comes at 9:17pm
                        Swaps to Zenith at 9:38, he's in the middle of reading from what I can tell from his other posts
                        Revotes Charu at 9:40. This is an interesting one cause he prefaces it with "nobody huh", looks like he's trying to gauge another town reaction from his voteswap to Zenith
                        Unvotes at 9:51, in reaction to a post by Charu
                        Votes DBP at 9:52, no reasoning given
                        Unvotes at 9:53, no reasoning given
                        Votes back at 9:58, after being convinced of himself that either sunsfan or Charu is red
                        Note that hardly any real reasoning is given in his reads (although understandable since it was nearing EoD)

                        It's just a really chaotic line of action and rubs me the wrong way

                        Gonna park a vote on Tokzic for the time being

                        K bedtime
                        Originally posted by Gundam-Dude
                        my semen is flying through the air as we speak
                        We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

                        Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017


                        Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.


                        Comment

                        • Gradiant
                          FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 1100

                          #1347
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by thesunfan
                          I think people focusing on MML because he was fixated on a vigi or whatever are doing it very, very wrong
                          Sounds extremely familiar

                          Comment

                          • Charles Claythorne
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2013
                            • 138

                            #1348
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                            What the fuck where you guys doing lyncing Charu? What the ever living fuck where you guys doing jumping on that train? It was so clear he wasn't red buti damn it you guys let Tokzic of ALL PEOPLE TOKZIC push your buttons and do dumb shit

                            Arnt was a better lynch. DPB was a better lynch. Mis lynch as it was I would have been a better lynch because at least there where reasons n at least you guys had talked about, at least it makes fucking sense.


                            Fucking AA made better sense but even then that would have been retarded, but NOOOO LETS FOLLOW TOXIC

                            Fuck
                            I feel bad about the Charu lynch, but I think there's definitely a lot of hindsight bias in this post if you're Human. I'm curious too about why you weren't so vigorously against the lynch last Day Phase - I'm not sure what you mean by "out of date reading novels."

                            Originally posted by _Zenith_
                            I just want to say the CFD onto Charu was fucking cancer.

                            There's NO WAY in hell that a wolf puts so much effort as to recap every page in the game so far.

                            Walls of text are annoying, but the way Charu went about it was not worthy of a lynch.

                            I feel like dirt for even witnessing that happening.

                            /rant
                            I'm sorry, but I actually disagree (ilu still tho Zenith <333). Fake effort posting through long synopses is a behavior I expect (and have seen) more from Wolves than Humans, since it's generally harder to fake "legitimate" reasoning. Admittedly, it was the wrong call on my part to vote for him, but given the little time left in the Phase, I don't know what better we could have done. I was suspicious of Antronach too and it turned out he was a Special; so a wagon on him could have been more disastrous.

                            I think anyone who was feeling impassioned regarding which of the two wagons to favor might be an indication of Wolfiness (definitely would like to hear more from Tokzic in particular). On the other hand though, I'm even more confident about sunfan being Human, considering how absurdly ambivalent he was about the lynch. I still can't fathom how he possibly could have done a 180 on AragakiAyase, but I can't really think of a good reason sunfan would do that as a Wolf anyway.

                            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                            I guess I'm the only one finding it weird that people want to not talk about their reasons for voting Charu instead of actually saying something.

                            No I don't buy into "it's too late" because people's reasons would say alot right now unless people are afraid to answer in fear of giving themselves up
                            I had a gut feeling suspicion near the middle of the Phase about Charu's posting. When he started posting page-by-page thoughts, I felt like they came more off as summary than actual analysis, which I believe is likelier to come from a Wolf, especially considering all the atypically long posts being made in the game. I also didn't like Charu's over-the-top reactions to Tokzic - it's clearly confirmation bias in hindsight, but I had thought it could have been attempted distancing.

                            Originally posted by Xiz
                            This is starting to feel like a game where all scum are the inactives.
                            I've been feeling the same way tbh


                            I don't really understand the night kills, as I feel both AragakiAyase and Antronach were both potentially easy kills last Day Phase. I don't think either of them really did anything to lead to believe they were Specials either, but I wasn't searching for any last Phase and I don't really see an indication of such anyway from End of Day. Might not be worth speculating too much on night kills for now though, I guess.

                            Comment

                            • XelNya
                              [Kaho]
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 3369

                              #1349
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              Why do these posts take forever.

                              Comment

                              • XelNya
                                [Kaho]
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 3369

                                #1350
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                I'm sorry guys

                                I'm gonna china wall you

                                But don't worry. You'll be able to digest it in sections.

                                Comment

                                Working...