TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XelNya
    [Kaho]
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2012
    • 3369

    #1351
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    Very. Large. Sections.

    Comment

    • XelNya
      [Kaho]
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2012
      • 3369

      #1352
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by inDheart
      Dawn of
      The First Day

      -72 towerposts remain-
      -9,001 towerposts remain

      I feel EoD is worth talking about a little more. So I wanna start with that.

      /bad spoiler pun I regret nothing

      Originally posted by Tokzic
      Yes. I wanted to make a 3-way KitB to create reactions to read off of. Charu is currently null for me, maybe leaning scum, so I wanted to vote him and watch the waves to get a better handle on the situation.
      With some hindsight attached this post is fucking garbage. I cannot imagine a time where a three-way KITB is good. Especially when you have one of them as a "null MAYBE leaning scum"

      Which is why I killed it.

      However these posts:

      Originally posted by Tokzic
      See, this is interesting. This seems KIND OF RUSHED?
      Originally posted by Tokzic
      What I'm saying is Xel seemed very urgent about getting Charu out of trouble.
      Are shit and scummy of you because the most recent time I even talked about charu, I did NOT give you my read of Charu. There's NOTHING to indicate this is the case.

      There's no urgency to my post where I vote MML to end the KITB either.

      Originally posted by XelNya
      Lets end the kitb

      [twgv]MML [\twgv]

      Les go. Charu lynch is DUMB atm i dun get it
      There's no urgency here. There's no defense here. There is a simple vote for MML which mates my earlier statements I'd lynch MML over packback.

      I could see an argument about how my typos iun the vote post are actually uncharacteristic of me, and mobile posting isn't something I like doing for TWG, because I do proofread my posts. If there's a "les" "fren" or the like, those aren't typos. I do those a lot.

      But I was literally sitting in a red robin enjoying a big tavern burger, with an extra patty, plain, with cheddar cheese instead of american. (It's fucking tasty.)

      I will find the fucking recpit if I must.

      But why does this matter? What reason do you have to drag EoD into this?

      Because shit man, was this some CNN / FOX news / Shitty youtube "social expirament" level fear mongering here. "Oh look, this guy seems urgant to get someone out of the KITB. [I wonder why that would be?]"

      I think you need to really back track and explain yourself

      Originally posted by Tokzic
      I don't even know how serious I am about my vote on Charu yet, I just wanted to make a 3-way KitB and SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
      Lemmie borrow a charu statement.

      Originally posted by Charu
      GROSS AS FuuuUUUCK
      Man are you on the table for today so hard for me.

      Originally posted by Tokzic
      I think at least one of Sunfan and Charu has to be a red.
      Why does this post exist?


      Why I decided to spoil by section v.0.1

      Let's actually get the ball rolling on going over these posts again.

      This post is where I'll be snagging quotes from untill noted otherwise.

      Page 4

      "Ben expresses confusion, and for some reason I really like that post. God damn, getting this town reads fast now that I'm concentrating, lmao."

      The post(s) is(are):

      Originally posted by reuben_tate
      Also, we're 4 pages in and I'm so lost. What I think are jokes are not and what are jokes I'm not getting ;~;
      Originally posted by reuben_tate
      A saw person #1 have their avatar posted by person #2. I was just going off the typical forum trope of continuing the chain and being the person #3 that post person #2's avatar. If anything, my joke wasn't "fitting in" because I was trying to start something else unaware of the existence of whatever jokes you are referring to.
      These posts are honestly awkward, and the second one is even weird . There's no reason to be concerned with a joke fitting in? Tell it and move on? Why do you need a joke to "fit in."

      Wanna also note for the record:

      Originally posted by XelNya
      As a side note let's shit post less

      reuben_tate

      come here fren, your posting is indeed odd
      I do ping him out on page seven. This isn't "new" news.

      Page 6

      Section he says "Oh, this is where MML started doing something I didn't like. He starts saying there should be more Arnt posts for whatever reason and I call him the fuck out for it. Gradiant seems to agree, which again is solidifying his town read from me."

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      Thread needs more Arntonach post
      Originally posted by Charu
      A person saying another person should be more active is usually a sign that they're trying to appear like one of the witnesses... but are not actually...
      Originally posted by Gradiant
      tokzic's playing too, same thing for him
      Yeap.

      Also on this page I missed this myself.

      Originally posted by Charu
      MML, you prosecuting any cases?

      Dohoho
      Does MML respond to this?

      Page 7

      Charu starts to develop a scum read on me for both my calling out of ben and this post:

      Originally posted by XelNya
      he poosted

      I'm piggy backing, just let me piggy back you stupid birdshit
      And tbh, looking back on it, I messed up in not actually answering charu.

      And in fact on page 8 he hints it to me and I'm a dumbass for not getting it.

      Page 8

      Statement he says "Gradiant reaction posted me, not gonna commentate on this here, that's up for you guys to see if it means anything (it doesn't). I give a reason later too why he does this, lmao. Might even be on this page."

      I think the best interpretation of it was charu using his usual posting tone to call out gradiant for the testing, and even maybe mocking ben further. It's funny and I don't think it';s bad on gradiant's part either.

      He also says "It's AA and voting indheart for no reason! Unless there's context to this, AA should not be sharing the joke that YoshL and indheart apparently have. I really REALLY don't like this vote."

      I think this is kinda caused by charu literally commentating by page, because 20 minutes later AA did explain it, but if anyone saw this and was like "wait but..." I think one should have blamed the format. Not Charu.

      Page 9

      Charu says"AA gives... not a joke reason, but a full on LEGIT reason. A BS REASON to be correct. In what shape, way, or form was Indheart APPEASING to anyone in those joking posts? Sounds like he was just joking around and sharing a funny memory. Certainly not "appeasing". Jesus fuck AA, I really hate you right now."

      But I think that AA's reason is legit because of all the jokes about Mashii going on in the thread to this point.

      Because (pardon the bold text)

      Originally posted by inDheart
      i have realized my error

      unvote
      appeasing
      actually the first game i ever /joined on was somebody running a multi-cop game and they were trying to figure out which among them was sane, and that really hooked me on the whole idea it was so cooldeflection
      Feels obvious in hindsight + Viewing the quote along aside the explanation with the context of the mashii is cute joke.

      Page 10

      "Oh... this is the page that Tokzic does something stupid, I remember. Idiot claims as an attorney for whatever reason. I really want to just label him as straight up wolf here, but it's just like... really dude? What the fuck do you think you're doing? I really don't want to, but I have to just assume he means business and instead just label him at a big ol' fat ?????????????????????????????????"

      I'd like to denote that post 750 (oh hey, this one I'm analyzing.) is before any of the earlier EoD I talked about earlier. Draw your own conclusion. (Mine's obvious.)

      This post is for:

      Page 11

      "inDheart kind of just... votes for AA? idk what this means but ???. Xiz immediately asks why in which inDheart answers with "He's weird and posted a stupid question." Eeeeeeh... inDheart back to NULL now for me.

      HOWEVER, I DO like his defense against Xiz here. Actually, nevermind about not knowing what the vote means, it's just a straight up "fuck you" vote. I kind of dig it now actually, that was a quick read change for me, dohoho."

      I disagree for reasons I previously stated. InDheart's post is shit, and Xiz having let him walk away with such a horrible explanation was cancer.


      This post is for:

      Page 12

      I don't think there's a lot to really rego over. This is a good set of analysis assuming I am recalling the other pages right.

      Page 13:

      "Xel though comes in and... starts defending AA of all people! How curious! I don't know if it's because Xel hasn't really read deeply thus far, or he's just ignoring everything that's been happening in the past few pages. Either or sounds realistically possible, unfortunately."

      There's two things wrong with this.

      Where do I actually defend AA? I simply say it's not good, make fun of a retard, ask what the reason for all the pressure is for.

      Later on in the thread:

      Originally posted by XelNya
      You're stretching my comment into a "defense" which it is, unfortunately, not.

      I do think the pile on you, is not good, but I didn't defend you exactly.



      I think you're awarding me more credit than I am due.
      Even in my post ON the discussion:

      I do not defend AA. I more sop focus on Xiz and Indheart.

      This post is for

      Page 14

      "Reuben proposes a unique scenario, but I highly doubt it's true, but I do appreciate the thought from it, which MML next post over seems to dismiss, as do I in the post after, dohoho."

      I recall going on about this post later in the thread from here. My opinion has not changed. It's on page 24 buried in the AA / Xiz Gradiant post.

      This is for:

      Page 17

      "Reuben comes back and expresses that wolves might use what MML proposed against town. Another good reaction from ben, he tends to think about mechanics far more than he should Day 1, hee hee hee. Well... whenever he's active anyways =P"

      Huh. That's interesting commentary.

      Originally posted by reuben_tate
      That's an interesting thing to point out; I think a lot of us have noticed that theme as well. However, even if that theory holds up, it's not much use to us during d0 since it's a bit too early to be trying to be guessing possible wolf partners due to the amount of combinations and the information doesn't allow for us to single any one possible wolf out either.
      Huh.

      This post is for:

      Page 19

      "Once AGAIN Xel either hasn't fully read the thread or just hasn't really looked too hard at it. Question why AA is being given the smack down treatment. Xel, if you're town, you're doing a silly job at portraying as such. It's k though, I still love you, but you're still reading a bit of a wolf to me."

      Not sure why you of all people, are taking my wording at face value.

      "...Okay, I suddenly really like MML now. That call out to Wineandbread was beautiful. I kind of want to drop that SK point now... but it's much harder to lose it since SK is essentially a town player... for the first couple of phases anyways, lmao. HOWEVER, as was pointed out, you misunderstood Wine's misunderstanding. However, I feel like you hit something with his "reaction", lets be real here."

      I can see why this call out was liked.

      "Of course, AA doing himself no favors with my already tunnel vision of death on him, goes and says "The fuck bruh?" to Xel's defense for him, which is another juicy reaction. It'll be hilarious if the wolf team is exactly AA, Wine, and Xel."

      Interesting statement in hindsight?

      More post

      Page 21

      "thesunfan reads ben town for his proposal post. Good shit, love it."

      I still don't like that post

      "...Fuck... I think I can no longer call you town then. You're null."

      Bias is maybe setting in at about this point on AA.

      Overall: the thing I get out of looking through these, is that Charu and I were thinking very opposite. Very opposite.




      Originally posted by Xiz
      I'm going through the past 20 pages, but I skimmed everything and want to point one thing out

      Charu made a post saying "you guys and your big 3 paragraph posts" or something (will quote later) then proceeds to flood the thread with a novel for each page.

      That screams wolf, especially how it has contrasted his early d1 play.
      If you maybe put this into context of charu soley, I can understand the argument (I disagree with it.) However, I do not know how this screams wolf, because if he REALLY wanted to he could have just merged ALL OF THESE into one fucking post.




      Originally posted by thesunfan
      I think its probably good for town that AA died?

      I mean not because he was playing bad or anything, but because he was the counterwagon
      I agree with this, and have nothing to add upon it.

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      What the fuck where you guys doing lyncing Charu? What the ever living fuck where you guys doing jumping on that train? It was so clear he wasn't red buti damn it you guys let Tokzic of ALL PEOPLE TOKZIC push your buttons and do dumb shit

      Arnt was a better lynch. DPB was a better lynch. Mis lynch as it was I would have been a better lynch because at least there where reasons n at least you guys had talked about, at least it makes fucking sense.


      Fucking AA made better sense but even then that would have been retarded, but NOOOO LETS FOLLOW TOXIC

      Fuck
      Setting hindsight aside, I think I covered Tokzic kinda well already, but like, I would say it was more a case of "he was a town that got framed, badly, but just enough."

      That said

      Originally posted by Gradiant
      Where was this attitude at EOD?
      Yeah, dis.

      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      Tokzic what the hell you doing here? What reason did you have trying to force a tie for all of EoD just to kill Charu?
      Plz read my first spoiler

      Originally posted by _Zenith_
      I just want to say the CFD onto Charu was fucking cancer.

      There's NO WAY in hell that a wolf puts so much effort as to recap every page in the game so far.

      Walls of text are annoying, but the way Charu went about it was not worthy of a lynch.

      I feel like dirt for even witnessing that happening.

      /rant
      Not too sure I agree with that middle part, because I think someone said earlier charu's done it before

      correct me if I'm wrong on that, I recall seeing it in the few rereads I've done.

      Comment

      • XelNya
        [Kaho]
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2012
        • 3369

        #1353
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD



        My work till I wake up, is done.

        Comment

        • _Zenith_
          Accuracy Player
          • Mar 2011
          • 4629

          #1354
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          @Xel I actually don't remember him doing it but he may have done it while I was away, someone else would have to actually confirm/deny it





          Comment

          • YoshL
            Celestial Harbor
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Aug 2008
            • 6156

            #1355
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            5 -- Charu -- Charles Claythorne (35), reuben_tate (41), Wineandbread (25), Tokzic (35), AragakiAyase (172)
            4 -- Aragaki Ayase -- thesunfan (133), Charu (153), Gradiant (70), YoshL (42)
            3 -- MixMasterLar -- Xiz (69), DaBackpack (122), XelNya (77)
            3 -- DaBackpack -- MixMasterLar (75), inDheart (56), Arntonach (21)
            1 -- Arntonach -- _Zenith_ (71)
            1 -- unvote -

            tbh i don't think we're dealing with scum miles here given that usual easy d0 lynches aren't even being considered for a wagon?

            most of the focus went to mml, charu, aa, dbp


            Originally posted by Charu
            Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

            Comment

            • YoshL
              Celestial Harbor
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Aug 2008
              • 6156

              #1356
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              at least, at the eod


              Originally posted by Charu
              Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

              Comment

              • inDheart
                Picker @ JAX2
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2011
                • 505

                #1357
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                fair warning to anyone who gets win10 updates: the latest update is really, really bad

                if i do not post anything substantive tonight it is because this update has broken my boot partition

                Comment

                • _Zenith_
                  Accuracy Player
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4629

                  #1358
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by inDheart
                  fair warning to anyone who gets win10 updates: the latest update is really, really bad

                  if i do not post anything substantive tonight it is because this update has broken my boot partition
                  That blows, I had an update yesterday for win10

                  Nothing seems off though, not this yesterday update but the one before that took 10 minutes for me to actually get into my computer though which sucked.





                  Comment

                  • _Zenith_
                    Accuracy Player
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 4629

                    #1359
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    I plan on rereading start of this phase and Charu's megaposts and coming up with something though, might not be until later tonight or soon who knows /shrug





                    Comment

                    • inDheart
                      Picker @ JAX2
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 505

                      #1360
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      i'll get this down while it's on my mind: wasn't charu's biggest wolf read AA?

                      Comment

                      • inDheart
                        Picker @ JAX2
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 505

                        #1361
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        okay, we'll see how this goes - i am now on my computer, no guarantee this will be working later today but it's fine for now at least

                        gonna take this opportunity to do some chkdsk

                        Comment

                        • inDheart
                          Picker @ JAX2
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 505

                          #1362
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          oh i forgot you can't like check the boot part live duh

                          so not doing that right now, but i have work...maybe i'll just try to keep this running until i can game post

                          Comment

                          • YoshL
                            Celestial Harbor
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 6156

                            #1363
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by inDheart
                            i'll get this down while it's on my mind: wasn't charu's biggest wolf read AA?
                            they're both dead.


                            Originally posted by Charu
                            Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5403

                              #1364
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by Wineandbread
                              Maybe it's just that I don't have the same kind of emotions for TWG but I can't emphasize with Charu's reaction. I'd also like to point out that you never called tokzic out for it at EoD

                              Also if you see post 1291, I noticed the thing about tokzic's votes before you brought it up

                              I'd just like to elaborate on this pattern though:

                              First "lul"-tier vote on Charu comes at 9:17pm
                              Swaps to Zenith at 9:38, he's in the middle of reading from what I can tell from his other posts
                              Revotes Charu at 9:40. This is an interesting one cause he prefaces it with "nobody huh", looks like he's trying to gauge another town reaction from his voteswap to Zenith
                              Unvotes at 9:51, in reaction to a post by Charu
                              Votes DBP at 9:52, no reasoning given
                              Unvotes at 9:53, no reasoning given
                              Votes back at 9:58, after being convinced of himself that either sunsfan or Charu is red
                              Note that hardly any real reasoning is given in his reads (although understandable since it was nearing EoD)

                              It's just a really chaotic line of action and rubs me the wrong way

                              Gonna park a vote on Tokzic for the time being

                              K bedtime
                              Considering that Gradiant was talking about you re reasons for hating Charu's reactions to Tokzic, my first reaction to this post is one of deflection. Good place to park a vote tho

                              Originally posted by Charles Claythorne
                              I feel bad about the Charu lynch, but I think there's definitely a lot of hindsight bias in this post if you're Human. I'm curious too about why you weren't so vigorously against the lynch last Day Phase - I'm not sure what you mean by "out of date reading novels."


                              I'm sorry, but I actually disagree (ilu still tho Zenith <333). Fake effort posting through long synopses is a behavior I expect (and have seen) more from Wolves than Humans, since it's generally harder to fake "legitimate" reasoning. Admittedly, it was the wrong call on my part to vote for him, but given the little time left in the Phase, I don't know what better we could have done. I was suspicious of Antronach too and it turned out he was a Special; so a wagon on him could have been more disastrous.

                              I think anyone who was feeling impassioned regarding which of the two wagons to favor might be an indication of Wolfiness (definitely would like to hear more from Tokzic in particular). On the other hand though, I'm even more confident about sunfan being Human, considering how absurdly ambivalent he was about the lynch. I still can't fathom how he possibly could have done a 180 on AragakiAyase, but I can't really think of a good reason sunfan would do that as a Wolf anyway.


                              I had a gut feeling suspicion near the middle of the Phase about Charu's posting. When he started posting page-by-page thoughts, I felt like they came more off as summary than actual analysis, which I believe is likelier to come from a Wolf, especially considering all the atypically long posts being made in the game. I also didn't like Charu's over-the-top reactions to Tokzic - it's clearly confirmation bias in hindsight, but I had thought it could have been attempted distancing.


                              I've been feeling the same way tbh


                              I don't really understand the night kills, as I feel both AragakiAyase and Antronach were both potentially easy kills last Day Phase. I don't think either of them really did anything to lead to believe they were Specials either, but I wasn't searching for any last Phase and I don't really see an indication of such anyway from End of Day. Might not be worth speculating too much on night kills for now though, I guess.
                              I was way far back in the thread, reading everyone's wall of text.

                              I don't think you actually gave Charu's post a solid read if you still came to that conclusion.

                              Originally posted by inDheart
                              fair warning to anyone who gets win10 updates: the latest update is really, really bad

                              if i do not post anything substantive tonight it is because this update has broken my boot partition
                              Holy shit.

                              Win7 for life

                              Originally posted by inDheart
                              i'll get this down while it's on my mind: wasn't charu's biggest wolf read AA?
                              That Is correct.
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • MixMasterLar
                                Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 5403

                                #1365
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                Liking the effort Xel put into Charu's post. Imma be back later but i'm going to start reading from there when I get back
                                ​

                                Comment

                                Working...