Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
I'll probably just not think about it too hard and play it by ear
TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
If I'm wrong, too bad for me lol.Leave a comment:
-
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
I'm not sure if player history is going to be more accurate than some kind of expectations level but like...
you would have to have really accurate expectations for all players, which is certainly possible, and its really what I've been doing, so idk I think its good for me specifically, not sure about you or someone elseLeave a comment:
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
I'm confident into not dying because I have weak problem-solving abilities and I have trouble to picture wolves being like "omg haku is the biggest threat".Leave a comment:
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
I'm probably just making things confusingLeave a comment:
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
you're probably right in that it's better to be comparing on a "player history" level as opposed to comparing on a "my expectations" level (in that it's more accurate) but also a lot harderLeave a comment:
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
something that's been really fun that I've been doing is comparing how I thought people would act if they rolled survivor before the game to how I think they're acting now.I'm struggling about how to read this game tbh
I suspect most players are in pure self-pres mode, in which it's not beneficial to take the spotlight and contribute to the game (i.e. low-posting players might actually be more towny than in a regular game) and that players who are actively projecting town might be more scummy for it (since their pressures, on the surface, are the exact same as in a regular game)
But then I think some players still have the regular TWG mindset, wherein they actively attempt to solve the game, so really, there are around ~4ish prominent mindsets to compare each player against
I'm not sure if it'll help you or not but its entertainingLeave a comment:
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
I think the 'not sticking your head out' mentality is pretty prominent
Shitposting never changes but actual game progress is stifledLeave a comment:
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
I mean to say that the wolf pressures are more similar to the "standard" TWG wolf pressures, whereas the "town" pressures are way different than in a "standard" TWG gameLeave a comment:
-
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
I'm struggling about how to read this game tbh
I suspect most players are in pure self-pres mode, in which it's not beneficial to take the spotlight and contribute to the game (i.e. low-posting players might actually be more towny than in a regular game) and that players who are actively projecting town might be more scummy for it (since their pressures, on the surface, are the exact same as in a regular game)
But then I think some players still have the regular TWG mindset, wherein they actively attempt to solve the game, so really, there are around ~4ish prominent mindsets to compare each player againstLeave a comment:
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
while the fact that everyone is going to be posting slightly differently because they are a survivor or what have you, and this is certainly a factor, I would say the style on D1 posting is just pretty typical for FFRThis is the thing. It takes me forever to catch up with the thread whenever I'm gone for several hours, but it turns out that virtually all of the posts in the interim are relatively lacking in substance. There's a lot of subtle maneuvering going on, but not a lot that actually contributes to meaningful reads. Admittedly D1 is a crapshoot even in a normal game, but no one's actually putting their neck out, which (whether it's admitted or not) is probably a reflection of the Survivor-styled gameplay.Leave a comment:
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
I looked up assuaged and I'm still not sure what you mean here, sorry
can you explain it again without ShadoWolfe vocabulary?Leave a comment:
-
Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais
This is the thing. It takes me forever to catch up with the thread whenever I'm gone for several hours, but it turns out that virtually all of the posts in the interim are relatively lacking in substance. There's a lot of subtle maneuvering going on, but not a lot that actually contributes to meaningful reads. Admittedly D1 is a crapshoot even in a normal game, but no one's actually putting their neck out, which (whether it's admitted or not) is probably a reflection of the Survivor-styled gameplay.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: