TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Charles Claythorne
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2013
    • 138

    #256
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by XelNya
    or are you guys trying to tilt him d0 to lean him, because I dunno, feels like it's not working
    as the resident best twger here according to sunfan's word (TM), i, of course, know what tilting is, but maybe we should explain what it means for the newer players imo

    Originally posted by XelNya
    I did as well, and am I the only one who views this entrance to the game as strange for packback?
    Does Dabackpack usually enter the game in some typical way?

    Originally posted by YoshL
    memes

    Comment

    • MixMasterLar
      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2006
      • 5403

      #257
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      Praise God for mutiquote

      Originally posted by Xiz
      So nobody is interested in gradiants catch on mashi? Because I sure am.

      Consider my vote to be on both AA and mashi atm lel.
      Oh, this one actually gets addressed later in thread, but I was going to say I didn't really think it was anything more then Mashi suddenly remember who he was, or having forgotten that he was in the game trying to keep up with so many people. This is believable to me. Like for real I keep forgetting Sunfan is in the game.

      Not saying that makes me town or whatever.



      Originally posted by inDheart
      tmw you meme too hard

      AA
      This and your responses to Xiz afterwards don't strike me as super towny. That's the feeling I got from it anyway. I know Xiz says later that you feel better to him after the fact but I don't see it that way.


      Originally posted by inDheart
      ಠ_ಠ

      is that normally what happens when you get your first file in game
      Having two files in FFR I can confirm: Rock. Hard.

      Originally posted by Xiz
      oops, missed that. Thanks.

      This is just me, but your reasoning seems fake. Also, I've liked what inDheart has done this game so far, especially for a newbie.
      Seems about as real to me as it ever is? I guess you've already explained it the best you could but any reason why this is different?

      Originally posted by AragakiAyase

      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

      but I'll have myself off the table before these 72 hours are up so it doesn't really matter

      Sunfan forgive me for saying this again, but--

      This isn't something that a townie would really say

      And I have never played a game where AA posted something like that, and I also haven't played a game I can think of where AA was a wolf. Coincidence? Maybe not.

      Originally posted by Charles Claythorne
      ni hao fam

      vote for aragakiayase and i'm gonna beat you up!!!
      You're so adorably and unassuming that I am convinced you are evil and very assuming.

      But other then that hey howya doin' glad you're here.

      Originally posted by AragakiAyase
      @mashi I elaborated on this but it's because as a new player I think the instinct is to shy away from votes being placed on you, so he quickly unvoted in a reaction to pressure and then attempted to deflect attention away from it by shifting to another topic. In particular it's the quick shift away that makes me think it's suspicious because wolves don't really want attention on themselves
      This feel weird after what I said about AA above, but I actually agree with this.

      Originally posted by XelNya
      I did as well, and am I the only one who views this entrance to the game as strange for packback?
      Not at all, it was actually kind of funny which is new to him.

      Not sure it's really alignment indicative though.


      Originally posted by Charles Claythorne

      Does Dabackpack usually enter the game in some typical way?
      Yeah, but to be realistic for a second I don't know the right word to use in describing it.

      More shitty? More Sloppy? Something like that.
      ​

      Comment

      • MixMasterLar
        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2006
        • 5403

        #258
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        I'll be in and out for the next two or three hours and then past 11 Server time I should be pretty much living in the thread. Appears dead here ATM anyway so I don't feel too guilty.
        ​

        Comment

        • Charu
          Snivy! Dohoho!
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 6207

          #259
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          pce


          Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
          Charu the red-nosed Snivy
          Had a very shiny nose
          And if you ever saw it
          You could even say it glows

          All of the other Snivies
          Used to laugh and call him names
          They never let poor Charu
          Join in any Snivy games

          (Click the arrow to see the rest)


          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

          Comment

          • MixMasterLar
            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2006
            • 5403

            #260
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by MixMasterLar

            Not saying that makes me town or whatever.
            So this was suppose to be 'em

            I wish I could get through one game without making the world's most retarded mistakes in writing.
            ​

            Comment

            • benguino
              Kawaii Desu Ne?
              • Dec 2007
              • 4190

              #261
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              -pokes head in-
              AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


              Originally posted by Spenner
              (^)> peck peck says the heels
              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
              And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
              Originally posted by Zakvvv666
              awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

              Comment

              • benguino
                Kawaii Desu Ne?
                • Dec 2007
                • 4190

                #262
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                I was thinking about gradient's catch on mashi and how it's even possible for something like that to happen.

                One thing that came to mind was that if mashi was a wolf, then I could see why the situation could have happened. If Mashi was a wolf, then his first post (that listed everyone's names and the nature of their relationship to mashi) would have had to have been calculated to some extent. I say this because as a wolf, one could be hyper-aware of the order in which one list names (and also the names that are omitted as well). So although that first post had a warm, nice fuzzy feel to it, it would ultimately had to be made with a wolfy mindset if mashi is a wolf. The post where he acknowledges gradiant's existence, that post is more from a emotional mindset that's independent of whether mashi is a wolf or not. If the two posts were made with two entirely different mindsets, then it would make sense that it didn't "click" in the first post.
                AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                Originally posted by Spenner
                (^)> peck peck says the heels
                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5403

                  #263
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  Originally posted by reuben_tate
                  I was thinking about gradient's catch on mashi and how it's even possible for something like that to happen.

                  One thing that came to mind was that if mashi was a wolf, then I could see why the situation could have happened. If Mashi was a wolf, then his first post (that listed everyone's names and the nature of their relationship to mashi) would have had to have been calculated to some extent. I say this because as a wolf, one could be hyper-aware of the order in which one list names (and also the names that are omitted as well). So although that first post had a warm, nice fuzzy feel to it, it would ultimately had to be made with a wolfy mindset if mashi is a wolf. The post where he acknowledges gradiant's existence, that post is more from a emotional mindset that's independent of whether mashi is a wolf or not. If the two posts were made with two entirely different mindsets, then it would make sense that it didn't "click" in the first post.
                  But that almost implies that you feel he may not be a wolf then, because if it was calculated that much he probably wouldn't have made the second "oh Gradiant's here" post later. From his PoV, as a wolf, there would have been no benefit to making that second post, or if he decided to do that that he would have followed with a snarky "Yeah it was a shitpost making fun of how not involved you are" comment (which didn't happen as far as I saw).

                  I don't know I see why it's catching people's attention but I don't think it's a wolf-tell, not unless we are giving this dude all of the credit in the world in being a great player and this is something that just never happens with him...

                  ...but even then, eh.
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5403

                    #264
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    I think AA's "I'll be off the table later" comment is alot more telling then anything Mashi has said TBH
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • Charu
                      Snivy! Dohoho!
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 6207

                      #265
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      I think the "catch" is a silly thing to go by anyways.


                      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                      Had a very shiny nose
                      And if you ever saw it
                      You could even say it glows

                      All of the other Snivies
                      Used to laugh and call him names
                      They never let poor Charu
                      Join in any Snivy games

                      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                      Comment

                      • MixMasterLar
                        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 5403

                        #266
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        Anymore thoughts on the game so far, Charu?
                        ​

                        Comment

                        • Gradiant
                          FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 1100

                          #267
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                          also I appreciate the sentiment but if you think I'm a wolf call me a wolf so I can know how you're reading me and address it accordingly, hiding reads is really obnoxious, worse than sunfan saying "I have a reason for this read but I'm not saying it"
                          Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                          but I'll have myself off the table before these 72 hours are up so it doesn't really matter
                          Saw these at work but couldn't respond because i forgot my password to get on account from phone.

                          These posts are fucking garbage, especially the 2nd one.

                          Comment

                          • Gradiant
                            FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 1100

                            #268
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                            it doesn't matter if they seemed like lolvotes from my perspective, the reasoning behind my vote was based on the assumption that you were a new player and that your reaction to it following that seemed more wolfy than towny

                            if you were entirely aware that they were all joke votes then my point is rather moot

                            unvote
                            And this unvote happened just as easily as indheart's unvote which you were shitting all over, nice

                            Comment

                            • Gradiant
                              FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 1100

                              #269
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              Also, I pointed out the Mashi contradiction just as being weird. I'm not entirely sure I 'caught' him doing anything, and I'm certainly not calling him scum yet for it Xiz

                              Comment

                              • benguino
                                Kawaii Desu Ne?
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 4190

                                #270
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                I'm still going to keep it mind at least. It would have been even more suspicious though if you weren't in the "and everyone else is my BFFFFFFFFF" category and were instead given a unique nature of relationship with mashi.
                                AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                                Originally posted by Spenner
                                (^)> peck peck says the heels
                                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                                And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                                Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                                awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                                Comment

                                Working...