TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Funnygurl555
    T-Force's Rival
    • Dec 2010
    • 1865

    #1171
    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

    Originally posted by Afrobean
    I don't know if I could say that I've played very many games with her, let alone with her as a wolf, but I would point out that although she maybe hasn't posted "nearly as much fluff" this game as that particular game, she hasn't really posted a lot of unique contributions in general during this one. She started out a bit stronger maybe (defending a human on day1? hardly proof of anything...), but she clearly hasn't done much as the game as gone on. Remember how manti pointed out that she completely missed that big thing with me/xiz/james on day 2? She was also pretty absent from the big events from day 3 and 4 too.

    In short, maybe there's fluff, but there's just very little altogether.
    Yeah, I agree with that point tbh, especially when she just decided to pop in and basically say that she liked where this game is headed. I was willing to ignore the stuff in D2/D3 because she provided excuses for why she wasn't viewing the thread, and then she offered some input when she was around (even though it wasn't much). The fact that she just mentioned that she liked the direction of this game in D4 though is strange.

    Then again, mellonxcollie usually doesn't post much in all of the games she plays anyway... I just labeled her as green because she wasn't playing the way she did in her red game.

    Originally posted by Afrobean
    Wolves can save humans from a lynch, especially if they trust that another human will find themselves getting lynched by the end of the day anyway. And on day 1, it's almost inevitable that a townie is going to get lynched no matter what a wolf does or doesn't do.

    This goes without saying. If X is last wolf, then Y is NOT a wolf.
    Well yeah, but she was defending a human when Vendetta was clearly trying to get Anko lynched.
    But after the point you made about wolves defending humans D1, that doesn't look so green to me at all, probably null at best.
    Heh, even I defended James May D1 in CIV, so I see where you guys are coming from.
    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    is funny eaman?
    Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    GET DUNKED FUNNY
    (eaman is her name irl, friend)

    Comment

    • XelNya
      [Kaho]
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2012
      • 3369

      #1172
      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

      Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
      Soft clear
      Xelnya:

      I'm aware it was mentioned the Middie would do whatever comes into his mind and feels right at the time, but still, it's pretty cold to call your own teammate out on his reads like this:

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #1173
        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

        that's it, mister

        I'm willing to see Xelnya go before Raeko.

        Comment

        • XelNya
          [Kaho]
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2012
          • 3369

          #1174
          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

          Originally posted by Afrobean
          that's it, mister

          I'm willing to see Xelnya go before Raeko.

          Hey I just call shit when I see it.

          Comment

          • Tokzic
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 6878

            #1175
            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

            ok well i played more dota than i thought i was going to

            so i'm just going to vaguely list my reads in ascending order of wolfitude

            maybe if i miraculously survive the night i'll talk more about them

            Furless Tier
            1. Manti
            2. Danceguy

            Little Bark, No Bite Tier
            3. FG
            4. Afrobean

            Bloody Paws Tier
            5. XelNya
            6. Raeko

            I Think It's Sunfan Tier
            7. Sunfan

            Last edited by Tokzic; 02-25-2014, 04:55 AM.

            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

            Comment

            • Tokzic
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 6878

              #1176
              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

              yes i edited the post

              i put in tiers

              sue me

              Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

              Comment

              • XelNya
                [Kaho]
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2012
                • 3369

                #1177
                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                Originally posted by Tokzic
                ok well i played more dota than i thought i was going to

                so i'm just going to vaguely list my reads in ascending order of wolfitude

                maybe if i miraculously survive the night i'll talk more about them

                Furless Tier
                1. Manti
                2. Danceguy

                Little Bark, No Bite Tier
                3. FG
                4. Afrobean

                Bloody Paws Tier
                5. XelNya
                6. Raeko

                I Think It's Sunfan Tier
                7. Sunfan

                Paws? No sir. I use a chainsaw. It's more convenient for later. Those kittens would actually escape otherwise.

                Comment

                • dAnceguy117
                  new hand moves = dab
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 10103

                  #1178
                  Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                  can I get a second opinion here

                  Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                  Afro:

                  Being that we're still early in day one, I figured that it would be worth while to try and spark some sort of discussion rather than try to do a last minute lynch fest and potentially kill a townie.

                  In response to what you've just said: I'll admit that Manticore wasn't supposed to be at the bottom of the list, I just so happened to make the post and he was still at the bottom after I double-checked it. It was an honest mistake for me to miss him, but I'd still have him as the same solid green, so that doesn't really change at the least. As far as the commendation about YMIA voting you, it wasn't as much a commendation as much as it was an acknowledgment of him trying to start discussion, just like how I gave you similar "commendation" for being pushy towards Xiz about his inability to want to share information.

                  Also, no one is ever explicitly a townie in a read, that would be absolutely stupid to assume and I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to realize that. That's why I mentioned that they were my thoughts, hopefully implying that they were in fact my opinions (and that they needed to be taken with a grain of salt).

                  Finally, I'm moving my vote to AnkoAcid.
                  Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                  Cool, let's let random people fly UTR that give no relevant information whatsoever. This person is clearly active, they're just not contributing anything. Replacements have nothing to do with this at all.
                  Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                  points++ to be used in a program near you!

                  For me, the choice is easily AnkoAcid simply because of the lack of quality posting compared to clasko1000, who while not posting a lot of quality, has at least taken the time to show an active interest in the game. Even if this is Anko's first game, I don't feel like it's an excuse to be inactive. I personally am bothered at the fact that the response to being voted for was simply to fly under the radar. She popped into the thread multiple times and never even bothered to say a word.

                  Going to keep my vote at AnkoAcid.
                  does a (new) RB wolf bus a MW this hard? in day 1? as part of the first major push of the game?

                  the only question mark for me here is

                  Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                  Is it confirmed that we are replacing AnkoAcid? I want to shift my vote away from them if this is the case.
                  but why does that bussing ever occur to begin with? I don't think it does.

                  Comment

                  • DarkManticoreX2
                    TWG Overlord
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 7355

                    #1179
                    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                    Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                    Well yeah, but she was defending a human when Vendetta was clearly trying to get Anko lynched.
                    But after the point you made about wolves defending humans D1, that doesn't look so green to me at all, probably null at best.
                    Heh, even I defended James May D1 in CIV, so I see where you guys are coming from.
                    The game goes beyond what you see up front. You're taking everything at face value, and eventually you'll learn people do things for behind the scene reasons too.

                    Lets assume Anko got lynched on D1. The psychic is probably still going to be alive come D2. On the start of D2 the psychic gets back his reading that there are three wolves left.

                    This clears Anko of being a wolf. The immediate reaction the psychic should have is "who jumped in on the now obvious easy lynch". (s)he reviews D1 and comes up with a list of people who jumped on Anko and are now prime wolf suspects. He then reviews the thread a second time for people defending Anko with good logic. While doing this, he finds Melon's post defending anko and decides "Melon didn't jump in on an easy lynch target, I should clear her".

                    It's called "playing the blues" (not really I just made that up). A wolf knows who is human, so it is much easier for them to "solidly or close to solidly" defend a person early game, while the rest of the humans still know nothing.
                    AAA's = 800

                    Originally posted by V
                    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                    Comment

                    • Tps222
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 6169

                      #1180
                      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                      Alright, I'm going to be in an unexpected meeting when the night officially ends and I won't be able to update the thread then, so I'll just do it now.

                      1.Xiz Wolfed Night 4
                      2.clasko1000 Wolfed Night 3
                      3.AnkoAcid (Replaced by thesunfan)
                      4.yo man im awesomeLynched Day 4
                      5.FunnyGurl5555
                      6.Snowcrafta (Replaced by Danceguy)
                      7.Guest15937Lynched Day 3
                      8.T-Force Wolfed night 2
                      9.Afrobean
                      10.XelNyaWolfed Night 5
                      11.mellonxcollie
                      12.tokzic
                      13.TC_Halogen(Replaced by Lames May) Lynched Day 2
                      14.FojarWolfed night 1
                      15.Vendetta21 Lynched Day 1
                      16.DarkManticoreX2

                      XelNya has been killed. Day 5 begins now. You have 24 hours to place your votes, ending at 11 AM server time tomorrow, (12 PM EST, 9AM PST). Insta-lynch is at 4.

                      Comment

                      • DarkManticoreX2
                        TWG Overlord
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 7355

                        #1181
                        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                        This might change how I feel about Melon:

                        Night Start was at 2-24 11 am.
                        Attached Files
                        AAA's = 800

                        Originally posted by V
                        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                        Comment

                        • DarkManticoreX2
                          TWG Overlord
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 7355

                          #1182
                          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                          @ TPS. Are you only accepting PMs as proof of actions or are you accepting skype/aim/mumble as well?
                          AAA's = 800

                          Originally posted by V
                          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                          Comment

                          • Funnygurl555
                            T-Force's Rival
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 1865

                            #1183
                            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                            I swear, the wolf is messing with me. Seriously?...
                            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                            is funny eaman?
                            Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            GET DUNKED FUNNY
                            (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                            Comment

                            • dAnceguy117
                              new hand moves = dab
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2002
                              • 10103

                              #1184
                              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                              well now.

                              a little confused at the nightkill. I know manti cleared xelnya, but it still looked like there was a serious chance of him being lynched if day 6 or 7 were reached.

                              manti I'm not sure what to make of that. I know Raeko was online sometime during the night phase. don't know if TPS would accept a nightkill submission way early or via a different medium.

                              thinkin' time

                              Comment

                              • Funnygurl555
                                T-Force's Rival
                                • Dec 2010
                                • 1865

                                #1185
                                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                                There was no need to kill XelNya tonight. There were better kills (e.g. the obvious greens)

                                Ughh I'll stop raging. I have school.
                                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                                is funny eaman?
                                Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                GET DUNKED FUNNY
                                (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                                Comment

                                Working...