TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Guest15937
    One-handed elite
    • May 2008
    • 1464

    #961
    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

    So. I'm scarily close to death. Gonna address some of your assertions on me.

    -I didn't react to the fake seer: I think I'd better explain this, since it seems to be the primary reason I'm at death's door. During that time, I wasn't idle. I was searching through Manti's posts, looking for one or more contradictions that would certainly have been there if he was a wolf (which, if it wasn't a fake seering, he would have been.) I knew I would need nothing short of cold, solid evidence if anyone was going to take me seriously after I was just declared red. If I had posted ANYTHING else, whether angry ranting, emotional pleading, or less-than-solid evidence, it would have been just pointed at and laughed at, so I felt it was pointless for me to do any of those things. Of course, I didn't find a contradiction, because it was a fake seer, thus I didn't post anything.

    -Xiz's red read: Honestly, that read is crap. I may not be the most active poster, but saying I post nothing original is going way too far. For the record, when I do a readlist, I don't use others' reads. I reread relevant sections of the thread, form my own conclusions, THEN go back and look to see if others agree with me, and if they do, I may mention that they made similar reads (though I may not). Also, there was no wagon on Xiz when I posted against Xiz--I started that wagon.

    Also, where did I ever post anything against Xiz after people started the wagon on me? Last I checked, I switched gears to Funny. And as for lurking after people voted me, that's just common sense. Can anyone honestly say they act the same way when they're voteless as they do when they're L-1 or L-2?

    -Dance's read: What can you really connect towards me and Halogen? I don't think I've directed one single post towards him. Unless you're referring to my view towards Xiz's attack on him, which isn't really a defense on him-I would have reacted in a similar fashion if Xiz had similarly attacked any other player. Also, in what way have I been "trying to get humans lynched"? I'm trying to get wolves lynched, to the best of my ability. If my reads are wrong, then they're wrong. Everyone reads wrongly at times. Doesn't mean I'm actively trying to lynch humans.

    -Sunfan's read: Yeah, I have to admit I'm surprised at the nightkills. I don't really understand why the kills have been on less active players, thus I look for exterior motives (frame job, etc.) Also I never really hopped on you, I just said you were suspicious, and that Manti push (note that I said "weird push on manti" not "tried to lynch manti" in my readlist), and I gave other reasons for making you suspicious.
    The renegade has betrayed me.

    Comment

    • thesunfan
      Role Tide
      Sectional Moderator
      • May 2011
      • 10859

      #962
      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

      few questions; do you think a wolf is dead? Who would you go to the bank as being wolves? Why do you think Manti chose you to "seer"? And you do realize that lacking an emotional response when someone is "seered" a color they are not merits at least somewhat of an emotional response, right? Its almost unbelievable to me that someone could maintain their composure after an event like that; but I still feel like it might possibly fit your character.

      All in all, I think I speak for most everyone when I say that we're fine with you dying today, and, barring an actual red seering, I'm pretty sure that's likely to happen. I'd like you to post as much as you can, before your death, and then if the psychic comes out, we can go off of what you said/flipped as. I know you already posted the reads list at Manti's prompting earlier, but what do you think of the reactions that people had to your "seering?" The last question is the most important, I think.
      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
      Originally posted by XelNya
      I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
      Originally posted by star-crossed
      (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

      Comment

      • Guest15937
        One-handed elite
        • May 2008
        • 1464

        #963
        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

        A dead wolf is probable between V and James; either of them showed wolfish characteristics, though neither was a dead giveaway in my opinion. There's no one I'd "go to the bank" as a wolf...if I was that sure someone was a wolf, I'd have posted already listing my evidence against that person and attempting to convince you guys of that person's wolfiness. Manti picked me to fake seer because I don't think anyone had a particularly strong read towards me, and he wanted a big event directed at me in order to force some evidence towards me and make it more clear whether I was green or red. Fake seering me was the easiest way to do it. As for maintaining my composure, I'm not saying I wasn't mad. I just felt it wasn't in my best interest to spout off in the thread, particularly since everyone was in the "hey let's laugh at the convicted red trying to be green" mindset.

        About the reactions to my seering:

        -Pre-fake reveal: This was mostly on the order of "HAHA POINT AND LAUGH". Nothing that much to say here, everyone said basically the same thing. (Though really Xiz, did you really need to keep that in your sig? That irritated me almost as much as the actual seering during that phase.)

        Post-fake reveal: I have to be honest, I don't get why this is so important. It's mostly on the order of "wait what, screw you manti" and later "guest didn't react, he's definitely a wolf". Just like before, there's little difference between them. I already responded multiple times to the "didn't react" cries. (Although I do note that Afro said he had a evidence-filled post against me before the seering, and has yet to state any of his arguments against me.)

        To thread: I'm going to sleep now, I have to wake up really early tomorrow for an IRL event and won't get back until ~5PM server time, which I believe is outside of the range of the day. So, this may be my last post in this game. If so, farewell~
        The renegade has betrayed me.

        Comment

        • thesunfan
          Role Tide
          Sectional Moderator
          • May 2011
          • 10859

          #964
          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

          afro said he deleted that post once the seering was declared fake, I believe. He also said he wasn't gonna retype it, presumably because it would be pointless. I believe he mentioned he really didn't like your reads, and that was the gist of it.
          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
          Originally posted by star-crossed
          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #965
            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

            Originally posted by Guest15937
            I was searching through Manti's posts, looking for one or more contradictions that would certainly have been there if he was a wolf ....
            We had manti basically lynched on day 1. During day 1, he was wolfy enough to lynch and his behavior didn't change at all until late during day 2. Aside from Manti roleclaiming, which as I've pointed out even a wolf should do in that situation, he has already proven himself to have behavior consistent with a good lynch target. His play was so bad that even after ALMOST DEFINITELY being honest, there are still rumblings about him being a wolf.

            If you couldn't find anything to say about manti, you are either the WORST PLAYER EVER or you had actually just already resigned to your fate. Seriously, your post after apparently discovering that manti was DEFINITELY a wolf who was faking seer felt way too similar to my JOKE POST at the end of day 1:

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Well, that was unexpected. Who would have thought that fojar was the seer?

            ps like sunfan said, I just pointed out a few things I didn't like about some of your "reads" and I erased it before I finished the post. And just for the record, I'm on board to lynch Guest, only abstaining from voting as such to save an insta.

            Comment

            • Xiz
              TWG Chaos
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2012
              • 3399

              #966
              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

              I'm keeping my vote on you Guest for your reaction to Manti.

              If you are green, you messed up not revealing Manti as a fake sooner. It would have turned the game around if that was the case. It's a risk, but one i'm willing to take.

              If you are red, then you kinda gave up after manti made his false claim on you, and that became obvious to pretty much everyone.

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #967
                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                Originally posted by Guest15937
                -Dance's read: What can you really connect towards me and Halogen? I don't think I've directed one single post towards him.
                that's pretty telling actually.

                Comment

                • Tokzic
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2005
                  • 6878

                  #968
                  Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                  Hahahahahahahahahahaha oh man I wish I had been around for that. Nice play Manti.

                  Leaving the thread for days after getting fakeclaimed on is a pretty bloody unhumanlike reaction to getting a false seering claim on you. I don't see any real way Guest can be human.

                  i don't even care if that's insta, everyone looks pretty unanimous on this

                  Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                  Comment

                  • Tokzic
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2005
                    • 6878

                    #969
                    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                    you know what's the most hilarious thing about this

                    not only do i think guest is a wolf

                    i think guest is the master wolf

                    because the way he reacted to that situation, it looked like he knew for a fact that manti was lying about the red seering, but was completely flummoxed about how to approach it (because it's not like he could have disproved he was the seer lmfao)

                    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                    Comment

                    • Tokzic
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2005
                      • 6878

                      #970
                      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                      (i used one "he" too many in that last thought and it is ambiguous, i meant to write "it's not like guest could have disproved manti was the seer")

                      (man not being able to edit your posts sucks)

                      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                      Comment

                      • Tokzic
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2005
                        • 6878

                        #971
                        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                        sunfan last wolf calling it now

                        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                        Comment

                        • XelNya
                          [Kaho]
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 3369

                          #972
                          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                          soon fannnnnnnnnnn wai u do dis

                          Comment

                          • Tokzic
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2005
                            • 6878

                            #973
                            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                            hey actually, if all of my dumb ideas are in fact the right ideas, if manti were to seer sunfan tonight it would be game over

                            gee that'd be some bad luck for the wolves eh sunfan

                            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #974
                              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                              Originally posted by Tokzic
                              i think guest is the master wolf

                              because the way he reacted to that situation, it looked like he knew for a fact that manti was lying about the red seering, but was completely flummoxed about how to approach it (because it's not like he could have disproved he was the seer lmfao)
                              I am of a similar opinion.
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              • dAnceguy117
                                new hand moves = dab
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2002
                                • 10103

                                #975
                                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                                Originally posted by Tokzic
                                sunfan last wolf calling it now
                                doesn't really work imo, if you think James was a wolf. check out day 1.

                                Comment

                                Working...