TWG C: ANONYTWiG

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • twg11
    Forum User
    • Sep 2013
    • 24

    #181
    Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

    By the first they, I meant six. Please accept my apolojuice. It's sugary.

    Comment

    • twg8
      Forum User
      • Sep 2013
      • 21

      #182
      Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

      Alright, jump on the bandwagon if you want. Let's lynch 4. (I already bolded his name in another post)

      Comment

      • twg6
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2013
        • 29

        #183
        Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

        Originally posted by twg11
        It seems a bit against the spirit of the game.
        I completely disagree. This game is anonymous for a reason, and half of the fun is how you go about using the theme to your advantage.


        Cheers,
        Synthlight

        Comment

        • twg6
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2013
          • 29

          #184
          Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

          Speaking of anonymous... ten where the hell are you?


          Cheers,
          Synthlight

          Comment

          • twg13
            Forum User
            • Sep 2013
            • 36

            #185
            Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

            Originally posted by twg3
            hello
            Nice of you to join us 3. Caught up on the thread yet?

            Comment

            • twg5
              Forum User
              • Sep 2013
              • 16

              #186
              Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

              I feel like it's hard to keep track of who's saying what in the thread. I keep getting lost trying to read it.

              Would someone like the chance to inform me on any interesting tidbits I may be missing?

              Comment

              • twg1
                Forum User
                • Sep 2013
                • 17

                #187
                Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

                Originally posted by twg11
                I mostly agree it is wolfy for the reasons you say, but also I admit to speculating on what kind of connections they have to admins, or if they were one. It seems a bit against the spirit of the game. I can't decide the motive for such a decision, either. Just an easy persona to assume? Or to detract from other hidden agendas that might slip up?

                It's like dressing up as a cop.
                to address this point, i spoke it over earlier with twg2 over aim to discuss the reasoning behind random guesses of people:

                in this stage of the game, there is a larger human : wolf ratio meaning that an early human sacrifice for a correct guess on a wolf would be incredibly beneficial to humans. the only reason a human would want to call out someone else's account in the thread is that they have a reasonable suspicion of the person being a wolf. IF the guess is correct, guess what, you're down a human OR wolf. i would say in the thread 'i think person x is this person's account and is a wolf and will vote to kill them.' if you catch a human, well gg u suck; if you catch a wolf, well gg u pro. either way they'll probably want to confide with you in order to prevent their death, and at that point it's up to your discretion whether or not you want to still kill them, based on their defense.

                IF you publicly announce that you figured out someone's account and you think they're human, then you're a fucking moron..but i don't see anyone doing that now right

                Comment

                • twg1
                  Forum User
                  • Sep 2013
                  • 17

                  #188
                  Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

                  oh i forgot to add the part that it's kind of important to hint that you're trying to kill someone, or at least tell more than one person over aim that you're trying to guess their account so people would know whether or not you died from incorrectly guessing someone, or that you die because someone accurately guessed who you are

                  Comment

                  • twg9
                    Forum User
                    • Sep 2013
                    • 26

                    #189
                    Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

                    twg1 I do not entirely agree. With a large human to wolf ratio, a human will be less likely to hit a wolf with a guess kill than with a smaller human to wolf ratio. Now may not be the time for such action. The effectiveness of your proposed strategy also depends on how accurate are the guesses. A human player ought not to submit a guess unless player is confident about said guess.

                    twg6 I do not like your vote. No, I do not like your vote one bit. Placing a vote on a player that has not posted much if at all is a bland thing to do. By doing this you fade into the background, which is exactly what a wolf wants to do. Twg6 I think you are a wolf player.

                    Comment

                    • twg6
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2013
                      • 29

                      #190
                      Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

                      Originally posted by twg9
                      twg6 I do not like your vote. No, I do not like your vote one bit. Placing a vote on a player that has not posted much if at all is a bland thing to do. By doing this you fade into the background, which is exactly what a wolf wants to do. Twg6 I think you are a wolf player.
                      I don't understand your rationale. I voted for them as pressure to get them to engage in conversation, as has been done many times in many different games. It's a tactic used if someone is either trying to play under-the-radar or simply has disappeared off the map (which in this case could be either option). To think that I would just place my vote on a one-post player and fade "into the background" is a silly assumption.


                      Cheers,
                      Synthlight

                      Comment

                      • twg6
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2013
                        • 29

                        #191
                        Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

                        If you think that using the pressure-vote tactic is a "bland" thing to do, 9, what would you suggest to be the best course of action for the current moment?

                        Cheers,
                        Synthlight

                        Comment

                        • FictionJunction
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 3843

                          #192
                          Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

                          I encounter millions of bodies in my life; of these millions, I may desire some hundreds; but of these hundreds, I love only one.

                          TWG1 - 0 - TWG15
                          TWG14 - 1 - TWG15
                          TWG13 - 1 - TWG4, TWG14
                          TWG4 - 3 - TWG13, TWG8, TWG2
                          TWG9 - 1 - TWG7
                          TWG5 - 1 - TWG12
                          TWG2 - 2 - TWG15, TWG1
                          TWG12 - 1 - TWG14
                          TWG10 - 1 - TWG6
                          TWG6 - 1 - TWG9

                          feel free to double check
                          Originally posted by j-rodd123
                          wow

                          Comment

                          • twg1
                            Forum User
                            • Sep 2013
                            • 17

                            #193
                            Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

                            Originally posted by twg4
                            This is how you say a lot of words without actually saying anything. Nice job.
                            LOL

                            yea i also don't see any reason not to put a vote on someone inactive, especially if it's a safety vote, pretty much

                            Comment

                            • twg8
                              Forum User
                              • Sep 2013
                              • 21

                              #194
                              Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

                              Originally posted by twg6
                              I don't understand your rationale. I voted for them as pressure to get them to engage in conversation, as has been done many times in many different games. It's a tactic used if someone is either trying to play under-the-radar or simply has disappeared off the map (which in this case could be either option). To think that I would just place my vote on a one-post player and fade "into the background" is a silly assumption.


                              Cheers,
                              Synthlight
                              I'm on board with 6 right now. It doesn't seem 6's goal is to fade "into the background." I don't have a solid read on 6 at the moment, but it's not leaning toward "WOLF."

                              Something is fishy about 9's direct calling you out as "I think you are a wolf player."

                              At this point, I'm still keeping my vote on 4, but 9, I'm keeping my eye on you.

                              Comment

                              • twg9
                                Forum User
                                • Sep 2013
                                • 26

                                #195
                                Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

                                TWG EIGHT what makes my comment fish-like?

                                Originally posted by twg6
                                To think that I would just place my vote on a one-post player and fade "into the background" is a silly assumption.
                                I meant not to say that you would stop playing or talking but rather that your vote appears as though you are actively trying to fit in with the crowd.

                                Originally posted by twg6
                                If you think that using the pressure-vote tactic is a "bland" thing to do, 9, what would you suggest to be the best course of action for the current moment?

                                Cheers,
                                Synthlight
                                Humans should be voting to kill wolves. Putting pressure on a player by inching the player closer to death could be useful, I am not sure. I will consider that. However, this would be a more effectual tactic when used on a player more likely to respond, no?

                                Comment

                                Working...