TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DarkManticoreX2
    TWG Overlord
    • Apr 2005
    • 7355

    #76
    Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

    iggy's the seer guys.
    AAA's = 800

    Originally posted by V
    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

    Comment

    • FictionJunction
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 3843

      #77
      Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

      what's a seer
      Originally posted by j-rodd123
      wow

      Comment

      • FictionJunction
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2006
        • 3843

        #78
        Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

        does he like have magic powers or something
        Originally posted by j-rodd123
        wow

        Comment

        • emerald000
          the Mathemagician~
          • Nov 2005
          • 1320

          #79
          Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

          Hello guys. I am back from my trip and I am ready to TWG.

          Could you enlighten me why everyone is safetying on random people when there are some better targets. (You know, the ones that might have sent the wolfing...)

          Comment

          • Bolth mannn
            FFR Veteran
            • Aug 2008
            • 2228

            #80
            Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

            just re-read the thread and saw that the claims of wolfing gun were made before day phase -.-

            changing safety to manti even though somone already has until something better comes up.

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #81
              Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

              Originally posted by Makilaz
              Ruritsu to join in the safety-fest.
              I hate it when people see me attack someone for doing something, then immediately put a "safety" on that person. Very suspicious behavior, brother.

              Originally posted by iggy
              As far as suspects, anyone that admitted (prior to the day) to picking gun as their wolf pick is a good choice. At least for today it is.
              I agree. Can someone compile a conclusive list of anyone who revealed their attack choice as gun? Odds are better that the wolf who got their wish is in that pool than our chances of picking a wolf day 1, I think. Statistically, chances of random picking a wolf aren't bad, but I know in the past that we never seemed to be able to meet our random chance probability in the middle... it was almost always a human dying day 1 in spite of random chance supposedly giving us more like 1/6 or greater chances

              Originally posted by iggy
              I agree with afro that manti is trying to fly under the radar by giving incriminating information. Manti will probably be my vote but I still need to talk to people for now.
              I think manti being highly active is worth more to us alive than dead. At least keep him alive long enough for a seering. In fact, I'd say we should kill the least active of the gun-killers, then immediately start seering the remaining ones, starting from most active.

              Originally posted by Ruritsu
              ^Either A) Tell me how somebody could look closer and actually turn suspicion on me without me saying anything, B) Tell me what we could discuss that would make N1 relevant or C) Admit your reaction was baseless...

              My saying N1 was irrelevant makes me no more or less suspicious than anybody else simply because its nothing more than stating what should've been obvious.

              Further, although I hate safeting, safety on Red herring for lack of something better to do.
              Well then, you got awfully defensive, didn't you?

              Then you ended your post with a vote, although surprisingly it was not a revenge vote on me. But it was a wasted vote nonetheless. Very suspicious, bro.

              Originally posted by Bolth mannn
              just re-read the thread and saw that the claims of wolfing gun were made before day phase -.-

              changing safety to manti even though somone already has until something better comes up.
              holy **** you are ****ing dumb

              You do not "safety" vote for:

              #1: a vet who might actually be lynched
              #2: a vet who might be a wolf
              #3: a vet who already has been voted on

              You shouldn't safety vote at ALL. If you think manti should be lynched, man the **** up and say so. Don't hide behind bull**** "safety" lines. And especially if you're saying "until something better comes up". This says that you'll be available to switch your vote later. So why put on manti in the first place? Jesus monkey balls.

              And why would you want manti killed? Because he's the most active among the openly suspicious persons? Targeting the MOST ACTIVE person for being MOST ACTIVE is wolfy behavior, man.

              ps before anyone says anything about my vote: it was a joke. I called the dude a dyke and blatantly said it was a revenge vote. I've got every intention of voting for someone else, and actually, I'm thinking Bolth mannn will work well if I'm not around when a conclusive list of gun-killers comes up. And unlike some of you other ****s, I haven't got much confidence that I'll be around tomorrow to change it again. When is day's end? I'll probably be sleeping again by noon EST.

              Comment

              • freakysnots
                八一
                • Aug 2004
                • 2904

                #82
                Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                Hi. I haven't posted yet.

                What We Know: Manti's wolf target was Gun. Immediately after Gun has been wolfed, Temote comes out right away and reveals to the thread that both he and Manti have targeted Gun.

                Analysis: Let me begin by breaking down the post he made.

                Originally posted by Temote
                Freaky asked me to cancel my wolfing, and I said I would, but since you guys can't actually verify whether or not I did that, do what you will.
                In this second part of his post, he let's the thread know that I told him to cancel his wolfing. However, just by reading this, you are not able to tell if he indeed canceled his wolfing or not.

                Originally posted by Temote
                From this, both Manti and I should immediately be placed under suspicion.
                However, in the first part of his post, he acknowledges that he is under suspicion. I see this as implying that he did not take off his wolfing on Gun like I asked him to. If indeed he had taken off his vote on Gun, he would not at all consider himself suspicious and cast everyone's attention immediately onto Manti alone since he knows he is innocent. He would also have made it clear in the thread that he had taken off his vote like I asked him to.

                With all of that posted, I decided that if he indeed claimed that he had taken off the wolfing, he would be highly suspicious no doubt and a perfect lynch candidate for this phase. It was not made clear in the thread whether or not he took off the wolfing or not so I went and talked to him. He admitted that he did not take off his voting on Gun like I had asked him and his reason for doing so is shown below.

                Originally posted by Temote's AIM log
                [23:40] freakysnots: why didnt you cancel your wolfing
                [23:40] freakysnots: after i told you to
                [23:41] sumote: After thinking about it, I figured that if I ended up human and he died, I could at least put us both under the train. If I ended up wolf and he died, I could use your log to pull myself out of the fire.
                His response is basically the reason why I do not think he is a wolf in this scenario. There would be no reason for him to be honest. in b4 reverse psychology

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #83
                  Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                  I don't think anyone has even looked at Temote. His genuine-ness came off as very real, while Manti's felt like he was going out of his way to be genuine and honest about his choice to pick gun for wolfing. He might have gone out of his way to appear extra human as a human as well, especially given that he's more established and more commanding of presence. I know Tass used to do that sort of thing all the time as a human: go out of his way to be REALLY human.

                  And can someone explain something to me? I was mostly joking when I said "who" when gun died, but why would as many people want to attack him? Is there something I'm not aware of? Looking especially for an explanation from the people who chose him personally.

                  Comment

                  • freakysnots
                    八一
                    • Aug 2004
                    • 2904

                    #84
                    Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                    Afro, let's talk on AIM one day.

                    Reason for Gun's death: someone not active dies instead of someone active.

                    school brb

                    Comment

                    • Afrobean
                      Admiral in the Red Army
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 13262

                      #85
                      Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                      Originally posted by freakysnots
                      Afro, let's talk on AIM one day.

                      Reason for Gun's death: someone not active dies instead of someone active.

                      school brb
                      So gun is known as an inactive player?

                      Then why would a wolf want him dead? Is this just a case of people not realizing that they SHOULD think as a wolf when choosing their wolf pick? I mean, your wolf pick DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL unless you're a wolf. It's not like everyone votes who to wolf and that person dies, only WOLVES get a vote on who gets killed. Therefore, your choice should be the person you want to die AS A WOLF, not who you want to die AS A HUMAN.

                      Comment

                      • Viccica
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 702

                        #86
                        Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                        Yay no seer counterclaims...


                        I'm going to vote Temote.

                        He's on this list of suspects and I want Manti alive for a seering, at the very least.

                        Also, I'm not dead. Still active. Just may not be horribly active in regards to AIM. You can text my cell phone from AIM. To those who don't know and my offer for my number is still on the table.




                        As for the items... My guesses are along the lines of everyone else's.

                        Gun: vigi item
                        Camera: Find out the night activity of the target.
                        Light: Seer item or guard item.
                        Dear sirs,
                        One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                        In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                        Sincerely,

                        Your Client
                        Eco Friendly
                        ♥~Chu

                        Comment

                        • Bolth mannn
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 2228

                          #87
                          Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                          Originally posted by Viccica
                          As for the items... My guesses are along the lines of everyone else's.

                          Gun: vigi item
                          Camera: Find out the night activity of the target.
                          Light: Seer item or guard item.
                          hmm i think that the light is a guard item...its like how security guards have torches when theyre doing theyre jobs (at night) so i believe it is more logical as a guard item.

                          Comment

                          • Bolth mannn
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 2228

                            #88
                            Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                            btw tass used to play this game? he should keep playing

                            Comment

                            • Viccica
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 702

                              #89
                              Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                              I'm leaning more towards guard myself. Reason for this is going back to the basic idea of TWG.


                              In the dark of the night, a group of horrible monsters with bodies like that of a crossbread between wolf and behemoth wreak havok on a small town. Having to ability to maintain conscious thought, they have already chosen their victim for the night. Preparations were made to quickly dispose of their midnight meal, targetting solely their single, lone victim. The night of the kill: Amped up, bloodthirsty and ready for the kill, they seek out their unsuspecting victim. Upon arriving at their destination, they find that the lights in the house are on and there is movement inside. Not willing to risk exposing themselves to anyone, they decide the risk is far greater than the gain and, for one night, they go hungry.





                              /lolend
                              Dear sirs,
                              One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                              In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                              Sincerely,

                              Your Client
                              Eco Friendly
                              ♥~Chu

                              Comment

                              • Viccica
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 702

                                #90
                                Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                                Also, school time. Later, folks.
                                Dear sirs,
                                One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                                In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                                Sincerely,

                                Your Client
                                Eco Friendly
                                ♥~Chu

                                Comment

                                Working...