TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • clarinet89
    FFR Player
    • Jan 2008
    • 899

    #31
    Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

    Less than 1 hour to go!
    Please have your PMs in by then.

    Questionable Content

    Comment

    • Ruritsu
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2008
      • 479

      #32
      Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

      Originally posted by Temote
      Iggy's mostly taking the smallest risk he can take while trying to spur everyone else into action, and it's a really good risk to take.

      I end up dead - all eyes on him, he can attempt to talk his way out and be seered.

      I don't end up dead - we have someone who can potentially act as a liason between the seer and the thread, since the seer coming out later could be a terrible idea, what with there being items and all.

      He's more trying to show that he's actually putting thought into all his decisions, as opposed to just randomly throwing things around. =P

      Everyone seems to be playing this game as if they were a wolf and not a human, even though the odds of that happening are really low.
      You're assuming hes telling the truth with the bold part. Anybody can claim to be sending the wolf for any other player, and in effect, if that player doesn't end up dead, they are cleared of suspicion, however, only if they actually did. Iggy could simply have a real cunning mind and realize that this rule basically forces random action for N1, and if he happens to turn out wolf, he'd be in good standing. Planning here is useless, as you can't foresee the effect of any actions unless you involve everyone, and involving everyone relies on nobody lying. Your move will be random, no matter who you pick.

      Also, the only thing that could happen next phase that would be useful to analyze would be a claim of seernig somebody red/blue, or of just being seer. N1 is rather useless this way...
      =__=' My sig was 22 pixels too tall, so this is here instead...

      Comment

      • clarinet89
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2008
        • 899

        #33
        Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

        Everyone stares down the street in horror, watching the huge black shadow knock down buildings. With a sudden deafening crunch, the Statue of Liberty's head lands on gun92 leaving him just a puddle of blood on the concrete. Panic-stricken, everyone heads for the subway.

        Gun92 has been killed.


        1. DarkManticoreX2 (DarkManticoreX2)
        2. emerald000 (emerald3x0)
        3. iggymatrixcounter (iggy911mc)
        4. Gun92 (james92hofmann)
        5. FictionJunction (fikshonjunkshon)
        6. Temote (sumote)
        7. Bolth mannn (bolthmannn)
        8. Viccica (MMViccica)
        9. Afrobean (Afrobean16)
        10. Makilaz (BenderChan)
        11. Litodude (litodude)
        12. RedHerring (falseclues)
        13. AC1speakerbox (ac1colossus)
        14. Roundbox (tehroundbox)
        15. Ruritsu (Ruritsu)
        16. freakysnots (freakysnots)

        It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end on Tuesday, September 8 at 10:00pm CST.

        Questionable Content

        Comment

        • Temote
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2007
          • 748

          #34
          Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

          Wait, seriously?

          (9:26:12 PM) sumote: MAAAAAAAAAAAANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
          (9:26:25 PM) sumote: Do me a favor and send me our logs from earlier during the phase. XD
          (9:26:37 PM) sumote: I just found out that I hadn't activated Pidgin's logging yet.
          (9:27:43 PM) Attempting to connect to 71.242.171.152:3688.
          (9:27:48 PM) Asking DarkManticoreX2 to connect to us at 192.168.1.4:5190 for Direct IM.
          (9:27:48 PM) Attempting to connect via proxy server.
          (9:27:49 PM) Direct IM established
          (9:27:51 PM) DarkManticoreX2:
          DarkManticoreX2 (9:01:34 PM): yo
          sumote (9:01:40 PM): Heya
          DarkManticoreX2 (9:01:58 PM): wolf seer/guardings?
          sumote (9:02:10 PM): You know, I'm willing to bet that if you don't die this phase, all the wolves are vets.
          sumote (9:02:25 PM): Gun, Afro, Iggy in a random order. I'll let you think about which is which.
          DarkManticoreX2 (9:08:31 PM): wolf gun seer afro guard iggy?
          sumote (9:08:49 PM): Well, damn.
          DarkManticoreX2 (9:08:59 PM): lol i did the same thing
          DarkManticoreX2 (9:09:05 PM): exactly

          DarkManticoreX2 (9:09:06 PM): rofl
          sumote (9:09:12 PM): XD
          From this, both Manti and I should immediately be placed under suspicion. Freaky asked me to cancel my wolfing, and I said I would, but since you guys can't actually verify whether or not I did that, do what you will.

          Comment

          • Temote
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2007
            • 748

            #35
            Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

            Also, I finally have Pidgin's logging system figured out, in reference to that top half.

            Comment

            • Temote
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2007
              • 748

              #36
              Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

              Also, items. Did anyone get any, and what do they do if you did?

              Comment

              • Gun92
                The Paragon of Perfection
                • Aug 2006
                • 4826

                #37
                Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                Guess that is what I get for saying I didn't like the movie. Good luck people, guess I won't be online, lol.

                Comment

                • DarkManticoreX2
                  TWG Overlord
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 7355

                  #38
                  Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                  Only managed to get 4/16 people to participate in my little gambit. I woulda gotten more tonight, but i only just got back from a clam bake with my gf. I've got 2 claims other than me that said they wolved gun however.

                  You guys already have my log with Sumote, so I'll omit that one.

                  Originally posted by AIM with Lito
                  DarkManticoreX2 (8:59:40 PM): hi
                  Litodude (9:00:07 PM): hey sup
                  DarkManticoreX2 (9:00:26 PM): so who are you're plans to guard/seer/wolf
                  Litodude (9:00:52 PM): I haven't received a text yet and of I did I haven't checked it yet
                  Litodude (9:00:56 PM): pm Iean
                  DarkManticoreX2 (9:01:08 PM): we dont get pms till day 1
                  DarkManticoreX2 (9:01:18 PM): everyone sends in wolvings, guardings and seerings
                  DarkManticoreX2 (9:01:23 PM): night 1
                  Litodude (9:01:32 PM): oh
                  Litodude (9:02:16 PM): maybe I should read the game before I signup for it. imnot sure yet then. im plating pool. I'll check online larer
                  DarkManticoreX2 (9:02:55 PM): ok but let me know when you send it
                  DarkManticoreX2 (9:03:06 PM): because it would almost immediately give us a wolf
                  DarkManticoreX2 (9:03:19 PM): if i can get it from everyone
                  Litodude (9:03:31 PM): k
                  Litodude is offline (9:57:04 PM)

                  Your IM will be delivered when the buddy goes online.
                  Litodude (5:32:46 PM): 4. Gun92 (james92hofmann)
                  5. FictionJunction (fikshonjunkshon)
                  6. Temote (sumote)


                  wolf seer guard
                  So yeah, Lito me and Sumote all voted for gun. and thats just out of me/freaky/makilaz/sumote/lito.

                  As far as items go i think they're kinda self explanatory.
                  Gun - Vigi
                  Video Camera - I'm going to place a bet that this is a seer item.
                  Light - could be either a guard or another seering item. Based on the video camera probably beeing a seering item, i find it more likely this is a guard item of some sort.
                  AAA's = 800

                  Originally posted by V
                  Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                  Comment

                  • FictionJunction
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 3843

                    #39
                    Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                    do you like making things unnecessarily complicated or are you just bored
                    Originally posted by j-rodd123
                    wow

                    Comment

                    • roundbox
                      fhqwhgads
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 2086

                      #40
                      Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                      spoilers: revealing you wolved gun is a FANTASTIC idea
                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                      Comment

                      • freakysnots
                        八一
                        • Aug 2004
                        • 2904

                        #41
                        Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                        They revealed it night 1. You just weren't there.

                        Comment

                        • DarkManticoreX2
                          TWG Overlord
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 7355

                          #42
                          Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                          Originally posted by roundbox
                          spoilers: revealing you wolved gun is a FANTASTIC idea
                          I traded my targets for other people's targets night 1. I may as well come out and say it, considering theres 5-6 people who already know I targeted gun and will probably come out and say it when they get on.
                          AAA's = 800

                          Originally posted by V
                          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                          Comment

                          • roundbox
                            fhqwhgads
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 2086

                            #43
                            Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                            people are going to seer you anyways, so it really doesn't matter

                            I'm not coming out and accusing you of wolf, but WhO KnOwS
                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                            Comment

                            • roundbox
                              fhqwhgads
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 2086

                              #44
                              Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                              Also relevant:

                              Code:
                              tehroundbox (11:33:25 PM): has anyone discussed items?
                              freakysnots (11:33:44 PM): not at all
                              tehroundbox (11:33:59 PM): alright
                              tehroundbox (11:34:02 PM): gun is obvious
                              tehroundbox (11:34:03 PM): vigi
                              tehroundbox (11:34:09 PM): videocam might be for uh
                              tehroundbox (11:34:11 PM): something like the witness role
                              tehroundbox (11:34:24 PM): you can watch someone's room at night
                              freakysnots (11:36:06 PM): Oh
                              freakysnots (11:36:12 PM): Guess what would happen if I had the gun.
                              tehroundbox (11:36:21 PM): someone would die
                              tehroundbox (11:36:35 PM): watching someone's room at night
                              tehroundbox (11:36:39 PM): if they're wolved
                              tehroundbox (11:36:49 PM): the wolf sees them
                              tehroundbox (11:36:51 PM): but they see the wolf
                              tehroundbox (11:37:00 PM): flashlight I'm not sure of
                              tehroundbox (11:37:15 PM): it might just be a simple guard
                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                              Comment

                              • FictionJunction
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 3843

                                #45
                                Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                                spoilers: everyone voted for gun
                                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...