TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FictionJunction
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2006
    • 3843

    #226
    Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

    Originally posted by FictionJunction
    I want everyone to genuinely consider how involved they feel they've been the past two, three phases.
    this guy is up to something
    Originally posted by j-rodd123
    wow

    Comment

    • roundbox
      fhqwhgads
      • Feb 2005
      • 2086

      #227
      Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

      Alright

      We have 10 people alive. If you're going off of only what you see in the thread, you'll be totally ****ing confused, like myself.

      Is there anybody else in the same boat?
      Let's get something underway, for ****'s sake. I'm not blaming anything on inactivity. If anything, it's just plain stubbornness.

      I invite any of you to contact me on AIM later today. It's kind of 4 AM right now, so I'm heading to sleep. But really, talk to me, or even just talk at me. Get things circulating or we'll just continue lynching whoever we deem "worthless" as the wolves increase their chances at winning a vote.
      Originally posted by the sun fan
      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #228
        Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

        Originally posted by FictionJunction
        I don't use reverse psychology to get my way - there's no satisfaction.
        This. This is exactly what I was trying to say. You are the only one in the game I can see who I think could think to use the tactic of making intentionally bad choices, and I know if you WERE doing that, you'd not come right out and say so. It wouldn't help your case, and there's no way you'd be sure that I would see it this way either.

        I don't think we're on the same page, arfo. And if we are I'm sure you wouldn't underestimate the chances of it being the reality of our situation.
        You're suggesting that the wolves are avoiding killing better choices because they want to fool us. Make us think that the wolves are stupid.

        But if they're employing this tactic here, they ARE being stupid. There have been like 5 people iggy has EXPLICITLY named and only ONE of them has been attacked, and that ONE to be attacked was someone who EASILY could have been up for a lynch the next day. No matter how you slice it, the kill choices are very bad and the wolves are being very stupid. The only way I can figure it is if iggy is known for falsely "revealing" blues AND the wolves decide iggy is trying to trick them into killing people he wants dead.

        I really don't want to speak in code so I'll update once I feel the thread merits it. We've got a while. I do have some expectations and I'm hoping not to be disappointed.
        The only thing we have to see is the psychic report, but I don't know how useful that will be unless it says there are only 2 wolves left. That's the only way we'd know for sure. If it's 3 wolves, we don't know if the one we got was bolth or emerald, and if it's 4, well... we're just doing very poorly.

        Comment

        • FictionJunction
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2006
          • 3843

          #229
          Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

          Ok, so we're definitely not on the same page.

          Good.
          Either log on AIM now or wait for me to wake up around noon
          Originally posted by j-rodd123
          wow

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #230
            Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

            [05:48] Afrobean16: whats up home skillet
            [05:48] Meebo Message: FictionJunction is offline

            ISN'T THAT CONVENIENT

            You're mean, bro. You're all "hey you don't understand, get on aim and we can work this out", but when I do, you just log off.

            Comment

            • A2P
              FFR Veteran
              • Apr 2009
              • 3127

              #231
              Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

              fikshonjunkshon

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #232
                Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                Originally posted by A2P
                fikshonjunkshon
                Yeah, where it says "FictionJunction" is called an alias. It displays that name instead of the person's actual username. Almost all people I know from FFR have aliases assigned of their FFR name.

                The funny thing is that meebo doesn't display the alias I have set for myself.

                Comment

                • iggymatrixcounter
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Nov 2003
                  • 1924

                  #233
                  Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                  Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaa.......wait, wait.... hahahahahhahaahahahaa

                  wow the wolves are all too entirely predictable. It may not make sense to you all but wow.

                  Psychic report: Bolth was a wolf, Ac1 was human. (it's safe to assume that ac1 was the wolf kill no?)

                  Somebody just sniped a wolf randomly, thought you would like to know that XD.

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Do you honestly believe anyone alive other than you or I could possibly think of using the ploy that you're suggesting?
                  <------ ....Yes?

                  On a completely unrelated note, I suck at picking seer targets XD.
                  lastfm
                  PANDORA

                  Comment

                  • iggymatrixcounter
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 1924

                    #234
                    Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                    Oh I also forgot emerald: human.
                    lastfm
                    PANDORA

                    Comment

                    • Afrobean
                      Admiral in the Red Army
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 13262

                      #235
                      Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                      How can you be sure emerald was human and bolth was a wolf?

                      Psychic gets a report of "3 wolves left" at beginning of day. The previous report it was 4. That means that out of emerald, bolth, and ac1, one of them was a wolf, but it's impossible to know for sure. It can be assumed the wolf kill was human, but that still leaves the "vigi" kill and our lynch from yesterday.

                      And iggy, it doesn't matter if YOU thought of the wolves being stupid, since you are definitely not a wolf. I excluded you immediately from consideration. I believe you are smart enough to think of it (not that I feel it is at all useful in this game), but there's no chance in my mind that you would be a wolf and would be doing that this game. If you were a wolf, you'd have the game in the bag at this point and could pick off whoever you feel like with absolutely no chance of losing.

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #236
                        Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                        wait wtf

                        Manti's post originally said one of them was "shot", and no it just says they both were "killed". Are we not supposed to know which one was the vigi kill?

                        It was bolth that was the vigi kill, right?

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #237
                          Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          wait wtf

                          Manti's post originally said one of them was "shot", and no it just says they both were "killed". Are we not supposed to know which one was the vigi kill?

                          It was bolth that was the vigi kill, right?
                          Should read "Manti's post originally said one of them was 'shot', and now it just says..."

                          Comment

                          • Ruritsu
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 479

                            #238
                            Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                            So, if I read everything up there right, somebody random vigi'd and actually hit a wolf? Thats lucky, but really really dumb in my opinion. I've got class work to do, but I'm on the computer, and will be there for the next 2 - 3 hours so yeah, AIM.
                            =__=' My sig was 22 pixels too tall, so this is here instead...

                            Comment

                            • AC1speakerbox
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2006
                              • 1242

                              #239
                              Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                              This, ladies and gents, is undeniable proof that SSB is pure evil.









                              God****ingdammit

                              Comment

                              • iggymatrixcounter
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 1924

                                #240
                                Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                                Well since no one seems to be posting today, seems like I might as well throw out my best pick.

                                Yes it's true that our picks have not been the best but secrecy is worth more to me than a gut feeling. However today it seems like no one has anything to work with, so I will assume that you are waiting for me to give you a name.

                                And that name is A2P. It's pretty much a numbers game. He has an average percentage of about 40% of being a wolf. (This is running a few scenarios of both completely objective scenarios and subjective ones.) He is the strongest wolf choice based on my numbers and that is what I'm going with.

                                As far as conversations, I've only had one conversation with him and I really could not get anything from him based on that.

                                As far as his circumstances, I really thought he would have died last night because most of the time replaced players are just humans who get bored with the game and since he lived this puts him on my "gut feeling" list.

                                So if you can come up with something better than that, go right ahead, otherwise I think he's an all-around good choice.
                                lastfm
                                PANDORA

                                Comment

                                Working...