TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FictionJunction
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2006
    • 3843

    #151
    Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

    well, you were talking about 'wasting a seering'

    as far as I'm concerned, a wasted seering is one we didn't get after sending the pm.
    Originally posted by j-rodd123
    wow

    Comment

    • FictionJunction
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 3843

      #152
      Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

      if he's human then hey! we don't have to worry about him being a dead wolf who was killed by his own team for whatever reason! (yes, it's happened before)
      Originally posted by j-rodd123
      wow

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #153
        Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

        Originally posted by emerald000
        Get on AIM sometimes and I'll be glad to talk to you Afro.

        Admitted, Manti is a great player and all, but wolfing him when he is a suspect is pretty stupid. Personally, if I were a wolf, I would have attacked Afro to put pressure on ruritsu and maybe get him lynched. Also, that would put a vet down like wolfing manti did. But that didn't happen. That leads me to think that ruritsu might be a wolf and didn't wolf you in order not to bring even more attention to him.

        So, I am going to vote for ruritsu, as it seems to me he is the suspect #1 for now.

        On another note, I wonder if lito was a wolf. If he wasn't, and Manti is most likely not one, then maybe temote could be a wolf finally. We would need to have iggy's word on the psychic reading before going farther in that path though.
        And the first wolf pops up its head.

        Your immediate jump to ruritsu for the EXACT opposite reason as I said he was probably NOT a wolf, followed by "wondering whether lito was a wolf" (i bet you already know ), followed by saying "manti is most likely [not a wolf]" (no ****).

        Have you ever played TWG before?

        And by the by, I'm on aim 24/7. Sometimes I'm away or invisible, but I'm on aim 24/7. You'll have a hard time catching me in the evening (sleeping) or at night (at work most nights, like right now), but morning and early afternoon I'm hard to miss.

        Originally posted by temote
        The wolves probably acted on this in an attempt to get Iggy to waste his seering for a turn.
        Except that seering isn't 100%, but wolfing him IS. That's exactly what I was saying in my post where I invited them to kill either me or manti. By killing us, we're martyred and our roles are revealed 100%. And what would manti contribute going forward? I don't know if you noticed but he was far from active during day 1. He made a handful of posts toward beginning of day, then did little else. Had he been left alive, he likely wouldn't have been all that active and would have likely been eventually lynched (even if iggy did seer him as human).

        But as far as I'm concerned, him getting wolfed is better for the team than seer'd as human. It's unfortunate that he would be knocked out of the game early since that appears to be a problem he's had a lot, but his role being revealed as human is worth more than his "activity" or being a "power player" I think (no offense, manti, just saying knowledge of your role is that important).

        Comment

        • Temote
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2007
          • 748

          #154
          Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

          The main goal is to create as large of a pool of green/blue humans as possible while also finding the reds.

          Manti not being wolfed would mean that we have someone else dead instead (i.e. someone who, as you already said, would mostly be confirmed human) as well as Manti being confirmed human (if Iggy seered him as the thread suggested he did). (Or at least confirmed until there's about five or so players left.)

          Meaning we'd have two people cleared as opposed to one. So I would assume they were thinking to lower the pool of confirmed humans.

          Also, Manti is generally more active during Night phases (whereas I tend to be more active during Day phases. It balances the two of us out pretty well when we play together, honestly).

          And Fic, while it's happened before, wolfing Manti if he were a wolf would have absolutely no benefits to the wolves at all, really. At least if he were a wolf, that would give them a free turn while we're busy lynching him as opposed to offing him right away. It's not like all the suspicion went away from him just because we lynched Lito.

          Comment

          • emerald000
            the Mathemagician~
            • Nov 2005
            • 1320

            #155
            Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

            Originally posted by Afrobean
            Your immediate jump to ruritsu for the EXACT opposite reason as I said he was probably NOT a wolf
            The base of your thesis is that ruritsu doesn't have the talent to realize that wolfing you would be a bad idea. It doesn't take a doctorate to see that. I am pretty sure almost every player could have deduced that.

            But if you have anything else to offer, I am willing to listen. I wanted to light discussion and I succeeded at it.

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #156
              Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

              The base of your thesis is that ruritsu doesn't have the talent to realize that wolfing you would be a bad idea.
              But that's just it. It WOULDN'T be a bad idea. Iggy even went as far as to bull****, saying I might be guarded (implying that he apparently thinks I'm human), and unless I'm mistaken, not a single person singled me out as suspicious for any reason. And for all the words thrown about of "activity" from manti, I've put forth more posts with more content than he has while he was alive. I honestly think the real reason they went for manti instead of me is that they don't know me, don't know my history, and didn't notice how active I have been or active I will be.

              Or do you guys REGULARLY deal with wolves revenge attacking people who discover them as wolves? Had I been wolfed last night would anyone SERIOUSLY have tried to hold that against ruritsu? BUT that said, considering what I've seen of Ruritsu, he seems like EXACTLY the type who WOULD wolf a person who calls them out on their wolfy behavior, ESPECIALLY after there has been an open invitation to the wolves to attack said player.

              And bro, you're not allowed to say "I only said this stupid thing to get people talking." Only humans are allowed to say that. Well, humans and bad wolves

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #157
                Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                Anyone who tries to point out the irony of me first saying not to use wolf kill choices as evidence against a person, then immediately turn around and claims that ruritsu is the sort of person who actually might do that missed the point.

                Players shouldn't look at who was wolfed during the night and try to figure out which player would want to kill that person if he or she were a wolf. That's too sloppy to assume that a wolf would do that, even if some players as wolves might.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #158
                  Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                  A little unclear on that last post. Disregard it. It should read more like this:

                  Anyone who tries to point out the irony of me first saying not to use wolf kill choices as evidence against a person, then immediately turn around and claims that ruritsu is the sort of person who actually might revenge kill like that missed the point.

                  Players shouldn't look at who was wolfed during the night and try to figure out which player would want to kill that person if he or she were a wolf. That's too sloppy to assume that a wolf would do that, even if some players as wolves might.

                  Comment

                  • AC1speakerbox
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2006
                    • 1242

                    #159
                    Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                    Afro doesn't know me? :.(

                    In any case, I can definitely see Temote's point. It was still incredibly mean, though.
                    I've told Iggy this already, but Ruritsu has been known to lose his cool early in the game giving himself away as a wolf. At this point, he's probably our best bet, even if he wasn't the one behind the choice to take down Manti.

                    Also Temote, my heart is heavy for the loss of your drunk Leafeon.

                    Comment

                    • AC1speakerbox
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 1242

                      #160
                      Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                      I do realize that post leaves me at Afro's mercy, but I think it's the right choice given Ruritsu's play history.

                      Comment

                      • Temote
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 748

                        #161
                        Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                        Originally posted by AC1speakerbox
                        I've told Iggy this already, but Ruritsu has been known to lose his cool early in the game giving himself away as a wolf. At this point, he's probably our best bet, even if he wasn't the one behind the choice to take down Manti.
                        ...I'd ask you to quote your sources at least. =P

                        Ru's only ever been a wolf in one game that I can find in the history, and he was vigi'd Night one in that one. At the moment, the only time I can remember him losing his cool during a game, he was a normal green who more or less had his information twisted by another player (specifically, Vicicca).

                        (That was the Sonic Unleashed game, if you're wondering).

                        Also, it was time to switch the Leafeon. XD I've had him up for a while now. =P

                        Comment

                        • AC1speakerbox
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 1242

                          #162
                          Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                          Imma hop on the triple-post boat.

                          Afro, even if Ruritsu didn't have the capacity for the high level of thought you suggested, that does not, by any means eliminate Ruritsu as a lynch candidate.

                          My guess is that Ruritsu's a wolf, but someone seasoned and smart is pulling the strings.

                          Comment

                          • AC1speakerbox
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 1242

                            #163
                            Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                            Originally posted by Makilaz
                            Ruritsu to join in the safety-fest.
                            Originally posted by Temote
                            ...I'd ask you to quote your sources at least. =P

                            Ru's only ever been a wolf in one game that I can find in the history, and he was vigi'd Night one in that one. At the moment, the only time I can remember him losing his cool during a game, he was a normal green who more or less had his information twisted by another player (specifically, Vicicca).

                            This'n

                            Comment

                            • AC1speakerbox
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2006
                              • 1242

                              #164
                              Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                              D'OH!!!

                              I still had multi quote on somehow =(((((((

                              Comment

                              • Temote
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2007
                                • 748

                                #165
                                Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

                                Oh damn, I remember that game. XD

                                That isn't really 'losing his cool', that was more 'not noticing a key point' in the first post, which ended up being used against him accidentally. Hell, I'd say he remained calm all the way beyond when he was lynched. I even remember talking to him about what was going on over AIM now.

                                Comment

                                Working...