Sorry, but I refuse to do this because in the few chances that I really am a wolf.
This is probably how we all should look at it. I'd be really cheesed off if I turn out to be a wolf and one of my partners blew it by revealing who their wolf choice was. And yes, I know it's not conclusive proof, but I know how stupid people are, and if, for example, temote ends up dead at beginning of day 1, EVERYONE is going to be looking at iggy.
If you really can't abstain from telling who you're sending as a wolf choice, LIE ABOUT IT. After all, if your action comes through, YOU WILL BE A WOLF and hence should be willing to protect your position through deceit. Why would you want to tell the truth about wolfy activity?
But again, I am going to be VERY mad if I turn out to be a wolf and my partner gets implicated because they couldn't keep their big mouth shut.
if, for example, temote ends up dead at beginning of day 1, EVERYONE is going to be looking at iggy.
I expect this. However, I think so many people are going to be like, "Hey I do not know who to choose as a wolf target so I'll pick temote." Even if temote dies, that does not make me a wolf.
@afro: you know I have noticed that people's play style is less than par in many basic strategy scenarios. However, do you really think I'm going to go down that easily?
So if temote dies, yes I'll be a suspect. Perhaps I should be seered before lynched since, you would be killing off a super active player early on and if you are wrong, then you would be doing the wolves a pretty big favor imo.
If he does NOT die does that let me off the hook? Not really. So either way it's nothing conclusive. But like I said before, temote should be a favorable target whether you end up being a wolf or human.
Originally posted by Bolth mannn
i say wait till we get our roles then do the planning
Because we are trying to plan something BEFORE we get our roles.....
On another thought if you are having any troubles making a pick for seer or guardian, come talk to me and I'll give you some hints and tips I've learned. (I've run quite a few alliances in my time so while I have rarely ever been a seer myself, I have made seer picks for seers many times.) I do not expect anyone to come to me but if you really need help, I'll give you some advice. (Everyone is neutral right now so it's not like I'm going to sway you either way..... yet )
im just saying that many ideas we are coming up with now will be a huge disadvantage to those involved on the off chance they are wolves. our only lead as to who is a wolf is you if temote ends up dead...i doubt anyone else is going to just say who they wolfed. If temote doesnt end up dead though, you will be a good ally to the humans, but possibly a first target for wolves.
I just think its smarter to not give away information until we have learnt our roles.
Iggy's mostly taking the smallest risk he can take while trying to spur everyone else into action, and it's a really good risk to take.
I end up dead - all eyes on him, he can attempt to talk his way out and be seered.
I don't end up dead - we have someone who can potentially act as a liason between the seer and the thread, since the seer coming out later could be a terrible idea, what with there being items and all.
He's more trying to show that he's actually putting thought into all his decisions, as opposed to just randomly throwing things around. =P
Everyone seems to be playing this game as if they were a wolf and not a human, even though the odds of that happening are really low.
I think it would be best to stick to basic tactic of any other game to start off...
Look at each option as what you feel would be best for each role.
If you're a wolf, it's obvious who you'd wolf. Random vet. Seer is also going to be random regardless considering there's no special roles to claim, being as how we don't know anything.
Given we don't have any information, what more can be done except going about it as you would any other game?
Dear sirs,
One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".
In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?
IMO, wolfing vets stagnates the hell out of the game and turns it into the boring safety-fests we've been seeing recently. I'd at least recommend picking someone who generally shows little to no activity as a wolfing target, and the vets that generally get their thoughts out (i.e. Fic, Manti, I wanna say Afro, but I haven't played with him before) as seering targets.
Guarding targets should just be whoever you want it to be, though. =P
at this stage of the game, everyone SHOULD be playing like they are a wolf...it is unlikely that you actually are, but theres too many risks at this part of the game.
Best wolf strategy I've ever come across is to play as a human, so as to avoid drawing suspicion and to squirm into the alliance so that you can pick it apart. If you're out there offering ideas, you have a much better chance of stringing everyone along until you can set them into a plan.
Comment