TWG XL: Mall Madness

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nforcer06164
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2003
    • 4772

    #256
    Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

    I'm starting to feel really disconnected from this game, mostly because I no longer have any suspicions, anyone to point a finger at, and now our only chance of killing the wolves is leaving the SK alive... what the ****. I'm starting to get really sick of this.

    The wolves have to be ****ing retarded to leave the seer alive. That's all I really have to say right now.

    PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
    Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
    Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

    Originally posted by Squeek
    My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

    Comment

    • mead1
      Cerebellumberjack
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2003
      • 3960

      #257
      Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

      Originally posted by Z3ratul
      Yes, they'd know who talked to DBP (the person that gave them the info), but they don't know the others DBP talked to, assuming DBP talked to each seperately. I missed that at first too.
      Does it matter if the wolves know who else DB talked to? I fail to see why a wolf would care about this at all. As humans, it helps us because we have a small lynch pool with one wolf in it. If DB gives us names A, B, and C, we have a much greater chance of hitting a wolf by lynching our best suspect out of that pool then we do by lynching someone out of the total pool.

      Comment

      • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2005
        • 1206

        #258
        Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

        Okay, I think it should be blatently obvious that I'm not retarded.

        If it would be in the humans best interest for me to reveal all of my information, I would have done that in the first place.

        Trust me, you'll understand in the end.

        Also, kilga was in on the plan of me saying I would sk kagome to double up (and then not to keep him an extra day). So, if kilga was really a wolf I think he would have just killed kagome anyways because he knew of the plan preemptively.

        It was suggested between us, I'm not sure who suggested it though. Just thought I'd throw that out.

        Also, this should clear it up a bit: Afro is the only person I told that I am in the slighest worried about being a wolf. That's why my vote was almost instant.


        Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

        Comment

        • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2005
          • 1206

          #259
          Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

          Also worth noting:

          The mead/hans pair is pretty high up on my list. For one hans was acting just like he was last game, and mead seemed too.. demading when asking me to post the other names. I'm considering sk'ing him tonight if a better choice doesn't reveal itself.


          Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

          Comment

          • Kilgamayan
            Super Scooter Happy
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2003
            • 6583

            #260
            Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

            WOO PATRIOTS and woo Tps (even though he's not in this game) for being a good sport about it.

            I've thought about publicizing the list of people DBP talked to about the Kagome plan (my idea btw and you're all welcome for it working) vs. not publicizing it. Publicizing it gives the wolves a pool of people to leave alive at night, but given how small it is (3/4 including Afro) and that DBP will probably be shooting at that pool himself overnight it would vanish too quickly to be of much use to them. On the flip side, look at it numerically. There are 9 non-Kagome people alive, 3 of which are wolves. If you pick a completely random group of 3 from the large pool of 9 the odds of not picking at least one wolf are less than 50%. Thus, making this small pool of 3/4 informed people public will accomplish next to nothing. I have no opinion on whether this group of people should be publicized, because honestly I don't even see it as consequential.

            Moving on. Afro was on my suspicion list, and has been for about a game day now, along with Hans/mead, nforcer and FoJaR. FoJaR was obviously a wrong choice, though, and I'm starting to let up on Afro, partly because he was seered green but also partly because he hasn't given up yet. Whenever he's looking down the barrel he gets pissy, but usually as a wolf he'll get exasperated and stop flailing, whereas a human he usually goes kicking and screaming. Maybe he's a wolf switching reaction tactics intentionally, maybe not. Regardless, with three wolves and only two-and-a-half suspicions at this point, I feel the need to look elsewhere.

            About Hans -> mead: DBP asked me about this the other night given the upcoming switch. I was voting Hans not because of inactivity, but because of similar tendencies to the previous game where he was a wolf, so mead simply posting a bunch is not going to alleviate my suspicions. It'll depend on the content of said posts. So far he's expressed opinions similar to mine regarding nforcer and Afro, which lightens me a tad. Still, I don't fully trust him.

            About MiniNeo -> Stoic: Not much to be gleaned from Stoic's one post so far, and I don't even recall if MiniNeo posted ever. Again, I have last game to look at where Stoic was both a wolf and inactive (RO or no RO) but one post does not a pattern make. No opinion here.

            About FFR -> Z3ratul: Unlike the first two, FFR made it known publicly that he wanted a replacement. This could mean that he had a more important role than a bland green but isn't really any more than "support evidence". Z3ratul has been pretty zippy so far, but a lot of what he has posted of his own volition (i.e. not in response to something directed at him) has either been fairly obvious or fairly useless, including his reminders that his vote is his pending. This, in particular, stood out to me:

            Originally posted by Z3ratul
            I actually find it a bit humorous that the there's this much disagree about the rules of TWG among the players. The confusion gives the reds an edge. On that note, I don't mean to derail the conversation, as the above paragraph shouldn't be the focus of discussion.
            This seems like an overly-useless "hey humans let's get our act together!" post that isn't even all that correct because anyone can just ask Observer about rule clarifications and I don't see how wolves could have taken any sort of advantage about the confusion that was present.

            Others.

            rioting: I have zero opinion of this guy as of right now. He's done very little to make me think he's a wolf, and he's done very little to make me think he's a human. At this point however I'd like to know where he is, because he's done very little period lately. Last time I asked where he was he popped right up - hopefully it'll happen again. >_>

            nija: An anti-insta vote switch with only three votes of the necessary six on the potential victim who's doing a decent enough job defending himself? I wouldn't care that it was a switch to me because we still have PLENTY of time to make a final decision and it's the first vote I've recieved all game, but your reasoning for picking me was absolute garbage. I've responded to your IMs way more often than not (better late than never) and saying I've disappeared just because eight hours have gone by without a post of mine is absurd. Everyone here who has played more than one game with me will tell you that I don't post very often, especially not early in the day unless it's a one-or-two-liner. What the hell, man.

            DBP: Meh. I guess he has to go eventually, but if I had to choose I wouldn't choose now.

            Kagome: Obvious wolf that needs to be lynched immediately.
            I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #261
              Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

              DBP: if one of the three or four you told (that you originally said you didn't even know who they were...) is a wolf (which, at least one of them probably is, as it justifies kagome not dying better than anything else), then you telling us who they were doesn't help the wolves except to tell them ONE OR TWO PEOPLE WHO TO NOT KILL. Does this really matter? Do you really think the game will last long enough for it affect anything, and even if it does last long enough, who gives a ****? I'd rather have all the info in the hands of the humans rather than a "red" and a blue saying "we're going to lynch this person who was seer'd as green lol".

              Originally posted by in a pm, DBP
              Your last post is ****ing retarded
              You have absolutely no right to call ANYTHING retarded. YOU ****ING LIED LIKE CRAZY YESTERDAY OVER STUPID BULL**** THEN DECIDED THAT IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO LYNCH A SEER'D HUMAN RATHER THAN A NON-SEER'D PLAYER.

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #262
                Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                oh and btw, mr pseudo-red, if you were so sure of me being a wolf why didnt you kill me last night?

                Comment

                • Z3ratul
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 940

                  #263
                  Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                  Originally posted by Z3ratul
                  About FFR -> Z3ratul: Unlike the first two, FFR made it known publicly that he wanted a replacement. This could mean that he had a more important role than a bland green but isn't really any more than "support evidence". Z3ratul has been pretty zippy so far, but a lot of what he has posted of his own volition (i.e. not in response to something directed at him) has either been fairly obvious or fairly useless, including his reminders that his vote is his pending. This, in particular, stood out to me:

                  Originally posted by Z3ratul
                  I actually find it a bit humorous that the there's this much disagree about the rules of TWG among the players. The confusion gives the reds an edge. On that note, I don't mean to derail the conversation, as the above paragraph shouldn't be the focus of discussion.
                  This seems like an overly-useless "hey humans let's get our act together!" post that isn't even all that correct because anyone can just ask Observer about rule clarifications and I don't see how wolves could have taken any sort of advantage about the confusion that was present.
                  Just trying to contribute, though I'll admit that my earlier posts probably weren't all that contributional considering I didn't have a complete grasp of the situation so it was more or less (combined with the 'omgfirstwglol') a little bit of unnecessary posting. As far as being zippy, when I'm at home just playing video games, I tend to check FFR every few hours. As far as the vote pending thing, I saw people vote right away this night so it was more of a 'I'm reserving my vote on my own will' statement.

                  Regarding the part you quoted me on.

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  I'm pretty sure they're both green in every instance.
                  Originally posted by DBP
                  master comes up red on cardflip, the other three things in question result in green
                  Any form of confusion in the game hinders the progress of the greens, which I'd imagine is what the reds would want.

                  ps vote still pending lol
                  Originally posted by Grandiagod
                  My father rapes me with logging equipment and my mother is a three legged grizzly bear going through menopause.

                  Comment

                  • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 1206

                    #264
                    Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                    Originally posted by Afrobean
                    You have absolutely no right to call ANYTHING retarded. YOU ****ING LIED LIKE CRAZY YESTERDAY OVER STUPID BULL**** THEN DECIDED THAT IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO LYNCH A SEER'D HUMAN RATHER THAN A NON-SEER'D PLAYER.
                    If you're going to try to make me look like an idiot, please post the entirety of what was said in the pm.

                    ps. Afro you need to shut the **** up.


                    Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                    Comment

                    • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 1206

                      #265
                      Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      THEN DECIDED THAT IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO LYNCH A SEER'D HUMAN RATHER THAN A NON-SEER'D PLAYER.
                      Also, in case you missed it last time, if we use this logic and the last day is:

                      stoic, unseered
                      kilga, unseered
                      Afro, seered green (master wolf)

                      THE HUMANS ****ING LOSE.

                      THERE'S A MASTER WOLF.

                      GREEN DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE HUMAN.

                      Honestly, you can't just use coming up green in your defense.


                      Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #266
                        Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                        Originally posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                        If you're going to try to make me look like an idiot, please post the entirety of what was said in the pm.

                        ps. Afro you need to shut the **** up.
                        I didn't think it was necessary because it was totally empty of actual worth. It could be best summed up as "stfu i already told you: 2+2=5". I also figured "well he PM'd me, so why bother posting the whole thing... there must have been something private to it..." well apparently not. Here it is in its entireity.
                        Originally posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                        What the **** is your problem?

                        Please, just answer me that. I'm not telling everyone everything because IT WILL HELP THE ****ING WOLVES.

                        I also said I'd change my vote. Your last post is ****ing retarded and not needed as I'd addressed everything you did preemptively.
                        Originally posted by DBP
                        Afro you need to shut the **** up.
                        rofl

                        Yeah ok, next time when someone brings up ****ty logic and tries to lynch a person seer'd as green, I'll be sure to remind them that they need to "shut the **** up."

                        ps something I thought of earlier: the whole "well if he's MW and we let him go to the end, BAM WOLF WIN" is totally false. Let's flip it for a moment, shall we? "Well he's SK so if we let him live to the end, BAM SK WIN." This is obviously not true. Obviously, if you believe someone to be MW when they've been seer'd as green, you let that be the last lynch before endgame. For example, if it comes to the point where there are 3 wolves alive and 3 humans alive at the beginning of day, THAT'S when you lynch someone who was seer'd as green before.

                        rofl holy **** DBP is ****ing stupid. I typed up this block above before he posted that. It quite effectively debunks everything he just said.

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #267
                          Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                          Oh and by the way, DBP, according to you, you already gave up on trying to win.

                          Why do you care so much if the wolves win? Still hoping that you can pull out a victory when it comes down to the wire?

                          Comment

                          • mead1
                            Cerebellumberjack
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 3960

                            #268
                            Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                            Originally posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                            Also worth noting:

                            The mead/hans pair is pretty high up on my list. For one hans was acting just like he was last game, and mead seemed too.. demading when asking me to post the other names. I'm considering sk'ing him tonight if a better choice doesn't reveal itself.
                            attn DBP

                            If I was a wolf, Kagome would be dead. You were conversing with me on AIM when you decided to kill off FoJaR. You told me about your reasoning and such. We had a full discussion. I cannot even imagine how you have already forgotten about this, but I have the log if you want it. I have already clarified exactly why I think we should have the list. Kilga, it's true that a sheer random pool could produce similar results. The key words there are could produce. In any random group, we have a strong possibility of a wolf. In this group, we have one for sure. This is why it is better to have a list based on evidence then random guessing. As of now, I've seen no real suspicious activity from anyone, so I have to harp on something. This is our best hope for the humans today. All the day's discussion has been based off of SK drama rather then wolf-hunting, so without that list, it's unlikely we'll have a good guess at a wolf by the end of the day.

                            Comment

                            • StoicRoivaS
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2006
                              • 548

                              #269
                              Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                              I personally don't see massive implications either way. It's pretty safe for me to assume that between DBP and kagome there are many things/reason that I/we are unaware of. Of course I'd love to make my own best guess out of the three but if it's for the betterment of the team I'd just as much prefer people stop flipping out over such a small detail.

                              I can easily see afro being master at this point. His defense is far too extreme and he's said a few subtle things that seem to reek of master wolfishness.

                              Originally posted by Afrobean
                              ...but it would also have saved me the trouble of being pulled through the mud by AN ADMITTED NON HUMAN ROLE.
                              and

                              Originally posted by Afrobean
                              Are you ****ing joking?

                              Originally posted by DBP
                              (00:49:48) DBP: You were seered last night.
                              This is a lie then?
                              a bit too defensive and "bt I WAZ SERD GREAN!11!shiftone" for me.

                              On the other hand, it's been said more than once he's been seered green. Assuming this it's always tough to lynch someone for the near 5% chance he's the master. I agree that it's a moderately good idea to lynch a possible master last, but that's assuming a fairly optimal human scenario in which things are a bit nicer and more defined; something we clearly don't have right now.

                              I'm not completely sold either way just yet but I would really love to see less name calling. This is a game in which people must lie to win. There is quite a good chance that with DBP being SK and there not being two SKs in the game that DBP and afro are on opposite sides (calling SK a 3rd party for all intents and purposes), hence, you both could stand to grow up a bit and tone it down some.

                              Kilga's playing style always makes him look wolfy to me. Something I'm trying to get used to. I'd like to hear a bit more from rioting too. His last post was of mild usage back on page 11.
                              Like the moon over
                              the day, my genius and brawn are
                              wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                              -Bowser

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #270
                                Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                                wait... stoic is playing? Isn't this DBP's brother? So the IRL rule is totally out the window?

                                Oh and
                                you both could stand to grow up a bit and tone it down some.
                                I have no problem respecting people who aren't completely retarded. It's not my fault he's dumber than a ten pound sack of meat (not to mention anyone else who advocates wasting a lynch on me at this time).

                                Comment

                                Working...