TWG XL: Mall Madness

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FFR4EVA_00
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2005
    • 1770

    #76
    Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

    All I could think of after reading this thread is why the hell am I even trying to play this again.

    aka you might want to find a sub now
    ~*~Lurkadurk - 1134-7796-6967~*~

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #77
      Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

      QUOTES ARE FUN. LET'S DO THIS!!!

      Originally posted by nforcer06164
      Because your conclusion does not match the argument through a simple switch of words, it clearly does not have any logical merit. It's really a simple fallacy that I'm amazed that nobody caught.
      sup
      Originally posted by me, in my last post
      ap: When I read your post where you assigned numerical value to certain events, I was like "is he seriously being so subjective and trying to use that in statistics to support his claim?" Is that what you meant by "uncomprehendable"?
      It's not that nobody caught it. It's just that it doesn't matter, because as you even said, even if his post is riddled with combining subjectivity and statistics, it's still the best plan.

      Originally posted by DBP
      I'd say freaking out when we get a noob that actually thinks and tries is a bad idea.
      Being new does not give a person a free ride from being criticized for their mistakes.

      Originally posted by iggy
      You see if we carried out this plan we would be lynching who we basically thought were humans. (I mean if we save wolf suspects for seerings, then logically only human suspects are left right?)
      what rofl

      I see what you're saying, but by no means does anyone think we should seer possible wolves and lynch probable humans. I honestly can't believe you even just said that.

      Originally posted by aperson
      To the contrary, given all the snares I posted above, I think the wolves might actually find it best to use random selection for kills. Hell, that could even be a slip on his end.
      Truly random choices would be a really bad idea... I could buy the idea that maybe they'd intentionally go after what would be considered a "bad kill", but I don't think a wolf team would ever randomly choose wolf kills except as a joke (ie "haha look at this we're randomly choosing kills LOL"... actually I think I may have been part of a wolf team that did this when we were sure we would lose anyway). Really, I don't believe I have ever heard of a wolf kill that was truly random. At the very least, I'm sure that they'd narrow down the pool of possible wolfings to a few choice picks then random choose from that.

      Originally posted by rioting
      It’s interesting, Afrobean, that you know the wolves are “using logic to choose their kills.” I wonder how it is you know that.
      Like I just said, I don't believe I've ever heard of wolf kills being truly random.

      aperson argued that “To the contrary, given all the snares I posted above, I think the wolves might actually find it best to use random selection for kills.”
      I wonder how it is you know that.

      It goes both ways. My side, however, has prior experience on its side.

      Originally posted by rioting
      However it seems ironic that you continue claiming “we're using logic for our kills.”
      You mean our lynch choices are free from logic? Maybe we should all random vote?

      Originally posted by rioting
      You, however, have already made up your mind with subjective and angered finger-pointing.
      rofl

      You talking about my obscenities? I think it was just because I was tired haha. Anyway, I'm hardly ever angry and I guarantee that my previous post wasn't angry at all.

      Originally posted by rioting
      You may be suspicious of me for my naïve comment, but you, having played before, are all the more suspicious to me for yours. If you can’t see that my comment came from inexperience then your quickness to accuse me just further adds more suspicion to yourself.
      You know, you could have just said:
      Hey, I'm new! That means I get a free pass to use incorrect statistics and include points in my post that only have to do with the wolves. Also, if anyone calls me on it, I'll just say that they're suspicious because obviously all newbs make up wrong stats and include wolf-only info in posts.
      And for you people out there making wrong statistics and including wolf-only info in your posts (ie new players ), day one accusations mean nothing. Congratulations for blowing this out of proportion.

      Originally posted by nija
      Last game, two days in a row afro's mostly-safety votes ended up costing us two days of progress
      What?

      **** you rofl. I guess I should not vote at all and advocate discussion dying. That would be better, right?

      Oh and by the way, my day 1 vote for jwc was irrelevent as the person I voted for was not lynched (shash was). I was killed night 2. So basically, I made a half-joke-half-safety vote which ended up not mattering and I died right after that, yet I ended up costing two days of progress? Can you explain please?

      Comment

      • nijatwo
        FFR Player
        • May 2006
        • 312

        #78
        Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

        Originally posted by afrobean
        What?

        **** you rofl. I guess I should not vote at all and advocate discussion dying. That would be better, right?

        Oh and by the way, my day 1 vote for jwc was irrelevent as the person I voted for was not lynched (shash was). I was killed night 2. So basically, I made a half-joke-half-safety vote which ended up not mattering and I died right after that, yet I ended up costing two days of progress? Can you explain please?
        I was referring to where I was an idiot and fell on your first safety vote and I ****ed up the first few days as a result (voting war with sertman, which led to my crusade on fojar that was completely unbased). Sorry if that wasn't clear. It cost us all a couple days worth of progress and was mostly my fault, the issue was the fact that I jumped on a safety because I didn't have much better to do.

        Additionally, I don't think rioting is trying to get a free pass for being a newb, seemed more like he was being more useful that some other players (he was wrong, but at least more useful) and was trying to say "you could be a bit more polite", of course, he could have been a bit more polite too. anyway... let me know if that's clear as mud.
        Lost: packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3.
        Reward: $$10,000,000,000.

        Comment

        • talisman
          Resident Penguin
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2003
          • 4598

          #79
          Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

          talisman's fantasy picks for twg XL:

          (note that there's no way these are going to be 100% right... I always get something wrong early on)

          wolves:

          afro, nforcer, ap, X (can't figure out a fourth)

          sk:

          fojar (semirandom guess based more on gut feeling than anything. he posted about the sk, means he's thinking about the sk, means he might be the sk? also I can see him killing wilkin, if the sk was the one to kill wilkin).

          and something I noticed early on and the only reason that ap is on that list is this

          Originally posted by ap
          The wolves KNOW this is the best strategy, but because they chose the strategy they WILL NOT COME OUT AND SAY WHY IT IS DOMINANT THEMSELVES.
          to which a significant "not necessarily" ought to be stamped. it had occurred to me earlier, that if ap's theory were correct, he would be just the one to post it as a wolf, since he likes playing those kind of reverse psychology ("sicilian logic" as he might put it) games. that just reminded me of it. Granted, he's of course easily capable of thinking of this for himself and that's entirely possible. and why he's nearer the end of that list as well.

          (the other thing to consider, is if the wolves killed chromer for the reasoning ap provided, is who else, as a wolf, would have thought to avoid hitting the same target as the sk? as a human, that never even occurred to me until I read it, although I'm sure it's possible that as a wolf, thinking about that sort of thing, it might be easier to think of. still not that intuitive though.)

          nforcer is up there because I find him fidgety, especially early on. Could obviously just be getting back into the game and wanting to be as productive as possible or whatever (I remember past games where he was similar). Nothing substantial excepting that maybe I could see him going to ap like "I need to post, I'm going to rip up your math post and you can attack me back it will make us look separated"... but obviously that's not anywhere near a definite inference.

          afro is the most wolfish of those. first post was off and showed some evidence of thinking from a wolf perspective... further posts were largely reactionary, went after rioting, an easy target. dunno. obviously there's never much to go on day one but all that sort of adds up.

          Comment

          • Kagome
            Pop'n Music.
            • May 2003
            • 1314

            #80
            Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

            Alright well I am the seer and yes I saw a red player. I waited for him to get on so I could get some more info from him but I don't want to wait too long.

            The player I saw is sertman

            Comment

            • nijatwo
              FFR Player
              • May 2006
              • 312

              #81
              Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

              there are still a couple people (ie hans) who haven't said anything. food for thought.
              Lost: packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3.
              Reward: $$10,000,000,000.

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #82
                Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                Originally posted by talisman
                afro, nforcer, ap, X (can't figure out a fourth)
                I wish. That looks like it'd be a really fun team to be a part of.

                ps we're instaing sert then?

                Comment

                • nijatwo
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2006
                  • 312

                  #83
                  Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                  not voting until we hear from everyone.
                  Lost: packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3.
                  Reward: $$10,000,000,000.

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #84
                    Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                    Wait.

                    Would it be better to ignore the one guaranteed wolf for now and try for the serial killer instead? I mean, if we kill sert today, we know for sure that the SK is still alive and that there will almost definitely be two killings tomorrow night.

                    Maybe I've overlooked something. Feel free to find any holes in this idea.

                    Comment

                    • Kilgamayan
                      Super Scooter Happy
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2003
                      • 6583

                      #85
                      Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                      walls of text rofl

                      Expanding on Afro's idea, perhaps we should leave sertman alive so the serial killer kills him tomorrow night (because he'd be stupid not to)?
                      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                      Comment

                      • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 1206

                        #86
                        Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                        Originally posted by Afrobean
                        Being new does not give a person a free ride from being criticized for their mistakes.
                        Criticizing and freaking out are two different things.


                        Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                        Comment

                        • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2005
                          • 1206

                          #87
                          Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                          Originally posted by Kilgamayan
                          walls of text rofl

                          Expanding on Afro's idea, perhaps we should leave sertman alive so the serial killer kills him tomorrow night (because he'd be stupid not to)?
                          I was actoually about to post that but you beat me to it.

                          Even if he doesn't kill him tonight, he WILL within a couple of nights.

                          (it wouldn't be undeniably needed in his/her position. If he doesn't kill them we will, and he'll get an extra kill, which may make him/her wait a day or two. Just a thought)


                          Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                          Comment

                          • sertman
                            DADALADAH
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 3910

                            #88
                            Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                            oic

                            Comment

                            • nijatwo
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2006
                              • 312

                              #89
                              Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                              lame duck?
                              Lost: packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3.
                              Reward: $$10,000,000,000.

                              Comment

                              • sertman
                                DADALADAH
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 3910

                                #90
                                Re: TWG XL: Mall Madness

                                Oh well, it just sucks for me that the game that I played poorly had aperson in it.

                                sertman

                                Comment

                                Working...