TWG XXXII - Game over (Wolves win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iggymatrixcounter
    FFR Veteran
    • Nov 2003
    • 1924

    #46
    Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

    and @talisman:

    I guess I misunderstood the motives for why the statue holder would come out. I thought it was to setup a frontman alliance, not just to confirm whether or not the holder was human or not.
    lastfm
    PANDORA

    Comment

    • talisman
      Resident Penguin
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2003
      • 4598

      #47
      Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

      no... it shouldn't be to set up a frontman alliance. that would be most risky. it doesn't even necessarily say anything if the person who comes out. All it gives us is that no one will be autoprotected if someone is out in public, unless it's a wolf, in which case that would be somewhat suicidal.

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #48
        Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

        Originally posted by talisman
        you quoted the wrong post.
        I did haha. That's funny. I assume it's easy enough to know what I meant though.

        Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
        So really the wolves would only fake it if they wanted the seer dead in exchange for the MW.
        Duh. You don't think one wolf is worth taking out the seer? Not only that, but the MW is only any good with the seer alive anyway. It's a good trade for the wolves to make, given that the other two could carry out a wolf victory (which I'll assume to be true, since even the lesser participants in this game would probably have great confidence given the position they are in). Also, look back to the recent games (ie the last however amount in which the wolves have gotten owned). Wolves have been identified thanks to blue intervention in many (if not all) of them. Taking out the one blue threat in exchange for one of their ranks is totally worth it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

        Really, iggy, I was half joking before about there being only one wolf left to identify. You're making it difficult for such accusations to remain partly in jest.

        Comment

        • iggymatrixcounter
          FFR Veteran
          • Nov 2003
          • 1924

          #49
          Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

          Ok fine so it's risky but it's also beneficial if it gets pulled off as it sets up a perfect alliance. There is still the chance that if the MW came out that the real person with the statue would come out and therefore stop the MW without losing anyone. That fear of getting caught has stopped any wolf from faking anything.

          You make it look like it's the worst idea in the world, when really it garantees the seer from being vunerable.
          lastfm
          PANDORA

          Comment

          • nforcer06164
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2003
            • 4772

            #50
            Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

            Afro, I would like you to answer one thing for me, and for the rest of us as well.

            Why the **** are you so adamantly against any progress at all this game? Every idea that has been presented, you shoot down because there's some sort of risk. The fact that you're so fiercely against getting anything done that actually might be helpful is starting to get me suspicious.

            PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
            Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
            Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

            Originally posted by Squeek
            My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #51
              Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

              Originally posted by nforcer06164
              The fact that you're so fiercely against getting anything done that actually might be helpful for the wolves is starting to get me suspicious.
              oh ok.

              Comment

              • User6773

                #52
                Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

                Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                Another clarification: If the statue is given to someone, does the host tell that person that he now has the statue or is it based on the 'honor system'?
                Think "real life analogy." If you're holding a statue, you're aware of it, aren't you?

                Of course the host lets you know if you've been given the statue.

                Comment

                • iggymatrixcounter
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Nov 2003
                  • 1924

                  #53
                  Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

                  lol, every strategy has SOME kind of risk afro. Question is does the benefit outweigh the risk?

                  And after doing some numbers, I found that it wouldn't be as helpful as I thought if everyone revealed their plot picks. The wolves really only gain two numbers per day over a lone human. And the potential growth of an alliance and using their numbers is better anyways.

                  The only thing I would suggest is for everyone to remember (write down) the numbers that you already searched for. (Almost needs to go without saying but I'll say it anyways.)

                  Also, it's been over 24 hours and mini, kefit, disco, and matt haven't posted yet. And another handful have only posted once. It's basically been 3-4 people debating the whole time.
                  lastfm
                  PANDORA

                  Comment

                  • Kilgamayan
                    Super Scooter Happy
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 6583

                    #54
                    Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

                    bjstrattonIM: You know, I've been looking at this TWG
                    bjstrattonIM: And it sucks pretty bad for the humans >_>
                    Kefit42: You know
                    bjstrattonIM: Seer and almost a guardian vs 3 wolves
                    Kefit42: I keep forgetting that this TWG has started >_>
                    bjstrattonIM: With a master no less

                    No idea about anyone else.
                    I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                    Comment

                    • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 1206

                      #55
                      Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

                      I kept checking after I sent in my plot, but the game hadn't started. I checked before I left, and it had yet to start. I just returned home (was gone over night) and promptly read the entire thread.

                      My thoughts:

                      Noticing that Nforcer had convieniently, as you would say Afro, but I do believe that it would be extremely simple to not think of it in exactly the way you would, as people's minds work differently on occasion. [/Sarcasm] Often.

                      That, and he(? Please correct me if you are a female >_<) made it quite obvious to the rest of the population that he was open to interpretation/suggestions, and WANTED people to point out flaws.

                      -

                      Tass got killed, I think I would have done the same, and I've never even played with him. Making suspicions on that may seem plausible, but everyone is a suspect.

                      -

                      We wouldn't know which numbers were true if we pooled, as a whole, but the wolves could be sure they were getting all factual information, as a human lying would only hinder their own kind, yet the humans would most likely get three new numbers a night, and the wolves would save thoes for the end, thusly doubling their number of digs (essentially) per night, as they would dig three, and withold three as well. I think it's a terrible idea, but if it's agreed, I'll gladly give mine.

                      -

                      The seer can't go to anyone who (s)he has seered, because there's a chance that it may be the master wolf.

                      -

                      As far as the statue holder coming out, it would be seer <-> MW, and that would be extremely adventageous for the wolves, as said earlier by afro, and I do not believe that it would be a risk willing to take to mayhap achieve the 'perfect alliance' mentioned by iggy.

                      -

                      As of now, I have no suspicions. I think afro attacking Nforcer would be the closest thing to a suspicion, because one of the wolves' gratest moments would be to get the 'town' turned on one of their own, thus shortening the game by .5 days, and turning their chances of losing one of their ranks that night to zero. I don't think it's a good suspicion to go off of, but it's the only thing wolfy I've noticed.

                      I'm not making a vote any time soon, and all I can say is. Watch who is being wolfy, watch who are attacking people for quite onreasonable things, and pick everything apart from more than one perspective. Just because something seems obvious to you, or irrational to you, doesn't mean it does to the whole population, the majority, or even any other member of the population.

                      I'm sorry I've been gone, I'll be glued to my computer refreshing this page all week, as I'm a bum who as no job, and my girlfriend is yet to get out of school.


                      Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #56
                        Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

                        ps guys my entire post about the statue holder coming out has nothing to do with him being the front of an alliance... obviously that wouldn't work and I'd said that even before that.

                        also I didn't understand this

                        Originally posted by DBP
                        Noticing that Nforcer had convieniently, as you would say Afro, but I do believe that it would be extremely simple to not think of it in exactly the way you would, as people's minds work differently on occasion. [/Sarcasm] Often.
                        I feel as though there's a phrase missing somewhere in there that would make that more of a complete sentence.

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #57
                          Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

                          Taking this moment to call Iggy, nforcer, and DiscoBobbyPARANOiA as the wolves.

                          Comment

                          • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                            FFR Player
                            • Sep 2005
                            • 1206

                            #58
                            Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

                            Lol, there I go again, in a hurry to post so people don't think I'm inactive for the wrong reasons. I do apologize.

                            As a fixer:

                            Noticing that Nforcer had convieniently, as you would say Afro, forgot that it would be detrimental to the humans was a good point, but I do believe that it would be extremely simple to not think of it in exactly the way you would, as people's minds work differently on occasion. [/Sarcasm] Often.


                            Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                            Comment

                            • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2005
                              • 1206

                              #59
                              Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

                              Sorry guys, and rofl at the calling me a wolf, I'm being honest, I'm not trying to give the wolves an advantage, I'm trying to preven them from having an advantage, I'm telling why I wasn't posting, I'm not accusing, and I'm stating obvious facts.


                              Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                              Comment

                              • MiniNeo
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2004
                                • 454

                                #60
                                Re: TWG XXXII - Day 1 (Tass is dead!)

                                Lol @ how all three of them disagreed with you.

                                Also, DBP comes in from the 24 hour inactivity just to post a semi-summarization of the two and a half page discussion, okay.

                                I agree with Kilga about game being slanted towards the wolves side >_>

                                And lastly, just to add in that I think in a rare case of two people digging where the statue is, I think whoever that didn't got it can come out, using the plot that he digged in as a secret code of sorts. Like "I digged at <spot> but the statue went to someone else, that person contact me plz" Although there's a chance of either side being wolves, I think that would work. But then feel free to point out flaws of that (or don't since chances of that happening is pretty slim)

                                Comment

                                Working...