TWG XXXII - Game over (Wolves win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blahblah18
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2004
    • 1662

    #136
    Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

    Kill patterns still matter because its the concept of a process of elimination, if all players of a group X are killed and some are left alive the whole game, it becomes very suspicious on them... I mean come on, if Tass was never targeted in a game with no Guardian, I know I'd use thtat as a strong case that he's a wolf... .but that isn't what happened here... and now its been twice... makes me think that we CAN use these kills to create some kind of profile of the killers
    but for now... postCount++

    Comment

    • nforcer06164
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2003
      • 4772

      #137
      Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

      Okay, I might not be around at deadline tomorrow, so I'm going to place a semi-safety vote on ddrdanc3r55. I think his "sketchiness" may be a result of being a new player trying to get a handle on things, but he might be slipping up as a newbie wolf. Note that I'm still a bit suspicious of Afro, however.

      Now, I just got what Kefit was saying. I didn't understand completely before, maybe I read it too fast. What if a wolf doesn't come out, and auto-protects a human that is about to get lynched, right? Well, isn't that just as much a benefit as a wolf saving himself? Isn't that just wasting the statue when a more critical moment may be at hand later on for a wolf or wolf partner? It's not a good idea for the wolves, wasting the statue like that and taking up a possible risk for later; it likely won't happen. Regardless, it's really not a critical flaw. Everything other than that is covered in Talisman's explanation.

      Kefit, I know you're smarter than that. I mean, you may have missed it, but I still have to wonder why you went out of your way to tell only me that there was a flaw, and then produce something near-insignificant as this. It makes me a bit uneasy.

      PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
      Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
      Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

      Originally posted by Squeek
      My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #138
        Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

        Originally posted by nforcer06164
        Now, I just got what Kefit was saying. I didn't understand completely before, maybe I read it too fast. What if a wolf doesn't come out, and auto-protects a human that is about to get lynched, right? Well, isn't that just as much a benefit as a wolf saving himself? Isn't that just wasting the statue when a more critical moment may be at hand later on for a wolf or wolf partner? It's not a good idea for the wolves, wasting the statue like that and taking up a possible risk for later; it likely won't happen. Regardless, it's really not a critical flaw. Everything other than that is covered in Talisman's explanation.
        A wolf who plays the way I do as a wolf would DEFINITELY do it. Especially if no one had mentioned the thing that kefit and myself brought up. However, even with the knowlege of it, it still could possibly happen through another layer of reverse psych.

        Also, if we were to lynch someone and they're saved, then the next day, lynch them again, that gives the wolves two human night kills when only one real lynch happens. If we lynch any person who is saved, we'd just be wasting a day. We have to ignore being saved from a lynch as a form of evidence against them, since it's not indicitive of role.

        Also, if the wolves "waste" the statue in this way, there are actually many benefits to be had. The wolves would no longer need to worry about being lynched and being saved and catching heat for never coming out (instead, they'd be projecting the unjustified heat onto a human player). In addition, the statue would no longer be around to save people from night kills (not like the wolves would give up the statue to a human under normal circumstances, but having it eliminated from the game completely anyway is a bonus*).

        By the way, did people actually read my post regarding Talisman's plan? Kefit's being unaware of it combined with the fact that no one even mentioned it inclines me to believe not much attention was paid to it.

        *This would be the instance in which it seems that someone would be "guarded." If the statue is known to be dead, there is without a doubt no guarding at all. As of now, guarding could still happen (even though it's unlikely at this point in the game), and I'm sure the wolves are at least partially worried about guardings, especially because guardings are usually targetted specifically through a certain person; in this instace, they would be random.

        Comment

        • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2005
          • 1206

          #139
          Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

          I like the conversatios my death has created, and I hope the best for all of you and your respective teams.

          PS - chardish, do I get a PM saying roles? (It'd be fun to watch a game play out knowing the roles)


          Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

          Comment

          • MiniNeo
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2004
            • 454

            #140
            Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

            What the ****, you are lynched, you can't post >__>

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #141
              Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

              Originally posted by MiniNeo
              What the ****, you are lynched, you can't post >__>
              Yeah, lynched people can't post, not even a death post.

              He's new though, so I'm sure he'll be excused this time for it.

              Comment

              • blahblah18
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2004
                • 1662

                #142
                Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

                I as well don't know when they ever let me off work.. i doubt its these little kids bitching at each other... those are nevr the wolves...
                i'm going iggy i think he'd gain satisfaction in watching al lthe best players slowly perish and he's acting very oddly this game compared to others
                but for now... postCount++

                Comment

                • Wilkin
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 1800

                  #143
                  Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

                  My opinions:

                  1) My phantom. In case anyone was wondering, I neglected to double-check the deadline and thought it was later, like around 9 or 10, so my fault on that part.

                  2) Who I would've voted for. I didn't have quite strong enough of an inclination to make a real vote, and probably would've gone with a semi-safety vote on Iggy. Even though he was a couple of votes deep for a lynch (referring to the safety part), his actions seem to be a lot less confident and leading than they used to be. I don't know if his posting outlook has changed because of the past couple of games, but it was the most noticable posting pattern so far.

                  3) The statue question. Afro's correct in that any person saved could either be a wolf protecting another wolf, a wolf trying to frame a human, or just a human that didn't come out yet. If the statue has been found already, I wouldn't think that the statue holder would come out under the current scrutiny of what exactly coming out means. We can't make these sort of assumptions, as we have no way of correctly assuming what a lynch-protection would mean. Thus, theorizing these examples won't even mean anything until the situation actually comes up.


                  All in all, I'd advise the possible statue-holder to choose very carefully whether or not to come out. Like in the last game, with this interesting twist put in, private information could be very powerful in the long run. It's mainly a matter of knowing how to use it.

                  EDIT: Fixed wording in the third paragraph.
                  Last edited by Wilkin; 06-1-2006, 11:15 PM.
                  l
                  WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                  ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                  ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                  OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                  Comment

                  • JurseyRider734
                    lil j the bad b-word
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 7507

                    #144
                    Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

                    I'll probably forget to vote, but the only person I think tried to pull off something weird was ddrdancer (sorry if I spelled that wrong). I just thought it was weird how he went from naming two top suspicions, then double posted and voted for someone completely different. I thought you were supposed to vote for your top suspicions. Maybe he conversed with one of his wolf partners and they told him not to place a vote on them. Maybe matt is one of the wolves and he told him to vote for him to eliminate possible suspicion on him in the future.
                    Originally posted by Arch0wl
                    I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                    Originally posted by Afrobean
                    Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                    the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                    Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                    Comment

                    • User6773

                      #145
                      Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

                      Chardish's Friendly Guide To Bandwagon Voting(TM)
                      Matt - DDRdancer (1)
                      DDRdancer - Nforcer, Jurs (2)
                      Iggy - Blah (1)

                      About 7 hours left. Better get active!

                      Comment

                      • Wilkin
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 1800

                        #146
                        Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

                        I don't think I'll be around for the lynching again, so I'm going to place a semi-safety vote on Iggy for the reasons stated above. While the suspicions on ddr are viable, I'd like to see more content in one of his posts rather than a random thought or two.
                        l
                        WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                        ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                        ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                        OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                        Comment

                        • ddrdanc3r55
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 346

                          #147
                          Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

                          That's how I play. I'm not much for big walls of text.

                          Comment

                          • stretchypanda
                            shock me shock me
                            • Sep 2004
                            • 4123

                            #148
                            Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

                            Is it typical for MiniNeo to make one-liner posts + ">_>" face?

                            Comment

                            • iggymatrixcounter
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Nov 2003
                              • 1924

                              #149
                              Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

                              Wilkin, I don't know how crazy you expect me to be, but so far this game I've brought in my usual crazy theories like normal. Haven't been donig much AIM conversating because I figure half the twg players wouldn't talk to me anyways.

                              But, I think I'm going for ddr . I think I talked with him between his little "top suspect is iggy.... but I'm voting for iggy's suspect though" posts. As much as I'd like my little voting conspiracy to be fact, I just don't have the evidence to actually make a vote on it. But ddr seems to have done a complete turnaround after talking to him during those posts. Plus I can see him, as a wolf, being with a few newer players and taking the lead in the wolfings and killing off experienced players first.

                              If ddr, matt, and afro turned out to be the wolves that would be easy. So far that's who I'm looking at for now, even though I have very little to back up my claims.
                              lastfm
                              PANDORA

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #150
                                Re: TWG XXXII - Day 2 (So long, Talisman)

                                I'm not gonna let it be that easy to save yourself, Iggy.

                                Comment

                                Working...