TWG XXXII - Game over (Wolves win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nforcer06164
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2003
    • 4772

    #211
    Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

    Changing my vote to Kefit for the moment. I have a conversation and some thoughts to discuss. Don't lynch ddrdanc3r just yet. If we do, we're causing more of a problem for ourselves. You'll see when I post in the next few moments.

    PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
    Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
    Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

    Originally posted by Squeek
    My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

    Comment

    • ddrdanc3r55
      Banned
      • Jun 2005
      • 346

      #212
      Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

      Placing a placeholder vote on Jurs, so I don't get a phantom.

      Comment

      • nforcer06164
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2003
        • 4772

        #213
        Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

        Okay, I had a conversation with ddrdanc3r which has made me rethink the whole situation. He did remind me of something I forgot: the lynchee with the statue gets to kill somebody else. Now, if ddr is a wolf, he has no choice but to listen to our alternate choice, because we'll lynch him if he doesn't. This not only allows us to kill off another suspicion for today, but also lynch ddr tomorrow if we still believe he is a wolf. If he doesn't have the statue, it changes nothing. Here's the convo...

        randumb lol: Hey.
        nforcer06164: hey
        randumb lol: Uhh, I don't know how I'm going to talk you out of this, but I think lynching me would be a mistake.
        randumb lol: First off, two days is two humans, plus me.
        randumb lol: But, that only really matters to me, because you can't possibly know that I'm human.
        nforcer06164: Of course.
        nforcer06164: You'd have to be pretty convincing at this point to prove you're not a wolf.
        nforcer06164: Because if you really are human, and do have the statue, you said all the wrong things.
        nforcer06164: You took far too strong a stand.
        nforcer06164: You NEVER ask to be seered as proof when a Master Wolf is in the game.
        randumb lol: I read talismans posts.
        nforcer06164: EVER.
        randumb lol: This game would be so much better for the humans if we had a psychic...
        randumb lol: And do you think a master wolf would tell his fellow wolves first?
        randumb lol: Should I ask the humans who they want me to kill if I get lynched today?
        randumb lol: Or, well, the players.
        nforcer06164: I don't really know how much that could do.
        randumb lol: Well, I want to do it for the humans, anyways.

        nforcer06164: Because any level of reverse-psychology the wolves use (if you happen to not be a wolf) can be turned against you.
        randumb lol: We still should win, no matter what they think of me.
        randumb lol: That's what you guys are doing right now, haha.
        nforcer06164: "Are doing right now"?
        nforcer06164: what do you mean?
        nforcer06164: Oh, and about the master wolf thing... how can we be sure you're not the last wolf?
        randumb lol: You can't.
        nforcer06164: Exactly the problem here.
        nforcer06164: What do you expect to gain by taking "kill recommendations"?
        nforcer06164: How can that help the humans?
        randumb lol: There is more humans than there are wolves right now.
        randumb lol: So, if the humans tell me to kill a wolf, we knock off one.

        nforcer06164: You know what? It's like you just told me you ARE a wolf.
        randumb lol: What are you talking about?
        nforcer06164: "If the humans tell me to kill a wolf, we knock off one."
        nforcer06164: How?
        randumb lol: The statute holder can kill somebody when they're lynched.
        randumb lol: If the humans are correct, adn tell me to kill the right person, a wolf is gone.
        nforcer06164: Oh my God.
        nforcer06164: You're right.
        nforcer06164: I forgot about that.
        randumb lol: Haha.
        randumb lol: I was gonna say...
        randumb lol: I think me killing any person, regardless of what you guys say, would be enough to prove.
        randumb lol: *prove that I'm human.
        randumb lol: But, again, you won't know what I would do in different situations.
        randumb lol: Or I could be the only wolf left, but that isn't the case.

        randumb lol: If I don't get any info on who to kill, I'm probably going to kill Kefit.
        nforcer06164: Well, if you are the last wolf, than the game will be over in this situation.
        nforcer06164: By tomorrow.
        nforcer06164: So it doesn't change much.
        randumb lol: Well, if I was the last wolf, I wouldn't be so wreckless, I know that.
        randumb lol: Unless I'm stupid.
        randumb lol: But then again, I did make that stupid post.
        nforcer06164: Well, your suggestion to kill whoever you want really does make me want to rethink this...
        nforcer06164: Er, whoever we want.
        nforcer06164: That does change a lot in this situation, though the evidence is heavily against you.
        nforcer06164: As I did unearth quite the convincing stuff from day 1 and 2
        randumb lol: I don't even get it.
        randumb lol: Two of those posts were iggy's.
        randumb lol: And the posts I made was when I was uninformed from my inactivity on D1.
        nforcer06164: Well, acting clueless about the MW does double for a newbie wolf.
        nforcer06164: You don't understand the role, and you act like it's something foreign to you.
        randumb lol: Well, I didn't know what the hell it was.
        nforcer06164: Therefore, you distance yourself through ignorance.
        randumb lol: I thought it was something like a vigilante wolf or something.
        nforcer06164: iggy's votes could've been distance votes.
        nforcer06164: i.e. a wolf votes for another wolf, because on the first level, a wolf would never do that
        randumb lol:
        The Lone Wolf is a wolf that is known to the four wolves, and is part of the wolf "pack". The only difference is that it is not seen as a wolf to the seer.
        randumb lol: My word on didder.
        nforcer06164: Yeah, I understand that. I can see why you asked.
        nforcer06164: I'll post our conversation in a bit. I'm a bit more inclined to believe you, but keep in mind I'm still wary.
        randumb lol: Which is understandable.

        I think it's a good idea to still lynch ddrdanc3r, but first, let's decide who else we would lynch so we don't just lose our lynch. Underline and italicize your alternate choice. After we reach a majority, we can insta ddr and he'll pick our alternate choice. The next day, we can decide if we can trust ddr, or if he deserves a lynch himself.

        Sound like a good idea, everybody?

        PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
        Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
        Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

        Originally posted by Squeek
        My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

        Comment

        • stretchypanda
          shock me shock me
          • Sep 2004
          • 4123

          #214
          Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

          I don't know. Who's to say ddrdancer won't just lynch whomever he pleases (say one of the blues DID go to him)? While it's true that we can still lynch ddr the next day, the statue would be gone, we would be down a human, and the wolf(ves) would get another night to take out ANOTHER human.

          Not to say that I can think of a better idea, but I guess it's something to think about. I'm certain we've gotten at least one wolf, if not two -- which would explain ddr coming out and requesting seering. If the other two are dead, no one could tell him not to be so rash (as I'm pretty sure nforcer said in his IM).

          So, really, this is only a horrible idea if we've been totally off and there are still three wolves.

          Comment

          • nforcer06164
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2003
            • 4772

            #215
            Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

            The problem, though, Amanda, is that we really don't have a choice. I think it's better that we take our time and give a little bit of faith to ddrdanc3r, because if we do just lynch him right away, we won't get to lynch another suspicion; he'll just pick someone himself (I believe he said Kefit would be his top choice).

            Here's the thing: we could just ignore him and lynch somebody else, but what if he is the last wolf? Then we have a mighty big problem on our hands. Because if he is, he gets a free kill, and then yet another kill during the night before we can lynch him. In fact, short of today, I don't think there's any way at all to get away with lynching him.

            If we do "lynch" him today, we can "lynch" somebody that we'd lynch anyways, and we don't have to worry about the statue falling or remaining in the hands of a wolf.

            This reminds me of another problem: if ddrdanc3r is not a wolf, and the real wolves are ballsy enough to go for him tonight in the case we don't "lynch" him, and the channeler is dead, we are mortally screwed. The wolves will have the statue, and the game will basically be over.

            If you have a better plan, Amanda, I'm ready to listen. But I can't see any other possible option right now. If we're going to do this, we have to do it fast. We have less than 24 hours, and we need to be sure we know what we're doing long before deadline.

            PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
            Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
            Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

            Originally posted by Squeek
            My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

            Comment

            • stretchypanda
              shock me shock me
              • Sep 2004
              • 4123

              #216
              Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

              Like I said, I don't have a better plan. I pretty much say whatever pops into my head with these things. If I can think of a problem but not a solution, maybe someone else could.

              Comment

              • ddrdanc3r55
                Banned
                • Jun 2005
                • 346

                #217
                Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

                Originally posted by stretchypanda
                the statue would be gone

                It would already be gone if I was a wolf.

                Originally posted by stretchypanda
                Who's to say ddrdancer won't just lynch whomever he pleases
                You'll know that I'm the master wolf - one of the biggest pains in this game.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #218
                  Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

                  I am in support of lynching randumb and him vigiing someone of our choice.

                  My vote is remaining on ddrdanc3r, but I'm voting blah for his vigi kill.

                  And by the way guys: the statue being destroyed is preferable when there's a good chance it's in the hands of a wolf. If randumb does not kill who we decide on, he'll be instantly dead tomorrow. And if he does kill who we choose: Whatever. Doesn't prove anything (even a wolf would kill another wolf in this situation because if he doesn't he'll be guaranteed lynch the next day), but at least we don't lose a day.

                  And one more thing to notice: IF randumb does NOT kill who we choose, that does NOT necessarily mean that the person who he DIDN'T KILL is a wolf. It does, however, basically guarantee that randumb himself is a wolf.

                  In short:
                  if: randumb's kill == the people's choice
                  then: nothing really. The statue is possibly removed from the wolves, but it does not prove randumb's humanity. Also, we don't lose a day because we'd simply be killing who we'd kill tomorrow today.

                  if: randumb's kill != the people's choice
                  then: randumb is a wolf but the people's choice that he refused to kill is not necessarily a wolf.

                  ps
                  It would already be gone if I was a wolf.
                  what do you mean?

                  Comment

                  • nforcer06164
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2003
                    • 4772

                    #219
                    Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

                    I'm going to place my randumb kill on kefit. He's been a lot less helpful this game than he has in the recent past, where he was human. His contributions have been lukewarm at best. His hasty bandwagon didn't sit well with me, either.

                    PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                    Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                    Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                    Originally posted by Squeek
                    My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                    Comment

                    • blahblah18
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 1662

                      #220
                      Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

                      kefit's human he'd make time for the game otherwise... i'll vote ddr and say jurs has got to go
                      but for now... postCount++

                      Comment

                      • User6773

                        #221
                        Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

                        DDR: Afro, Kefit, Blah (3)
                        Jurs: DDR (1)
                        Kefit: Nforcer (1)

                        Hasn't voted:
                        Jurs, Matt, Mini, Stretchy

                        Day ends @ 8 PM tonight.

                        Comment

                        • ddrdanc3r55
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 346

                          #222
                          Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          what do you mean?
                          That means if I already had it, the humans would already have lost the statute. Assuming I 'm a wolf.

                          Comment

                          • JurseyRider734
                            lil j the bad b-word
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 7507

                            #223
                            Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

                            For now i'm putting my vote on panda because i'm not really sure whether I want to aid in ddr getting lynched. Him having the statue makes things a lot more difficult and i'm not sure whether or not he should go.

                            Right now i'm debating between blah and kefit for the other kill. I guess i'll initially go with Kefit* because he was one of my top suspects.

                            *Likely to change because blah is annoying me.
                            Originally posted by Arch0wl
                            I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                            Originally posted by Afrobean
                            Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                            the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                            Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                            Comment

                            • stretchypanda
                              shock me shock me
                              • Sep 2004
                              • 4123

                              #224
                              Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

                              Okay, if you're choosing between two top players for who to kill, don't choose someone "because he annoys you". That's awful, terrible, bad, bad voting.

                              As far as I'm concerned, lynching ddr is the best thing we've got right now. I'm not entirely sure about the other kill. I'll figure that out later.

                              Where are Matt and Mini?

                              Comment

                              • MiniNeo
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2004
                                • 454

                                #225
                                Re: TWG XXXII - Day 4 (Sorry, Wilkin)

                                I'm here.

                                I am voting kefit because I agree with the other points that makes him a wolf, and because I probably won't be able to get on the computer in time to make the day-end vote. So I will have one of you guys switch or have matt insta lynch ddr.

                                Comment

                                Working...