TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #691
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

    Originally posted by AragakiAyase
    idk can you answer any of your own questions?
    Not really, my reads are pretty similar to Zenith's and the most strange thing to me by far is lurker's behavior.

    Originally posted by lurker
    it's too bad t-force ain't in this game cuz he'd hard read the canuck outta all of you right now
    Thanks for your contribution? :/

    Originally posted by choof
    yeah I know he's not incorrect, that's why I said town slip
    Can you explain me what I posted that felt wrong and that I'm clearly not even aware of?
    Like I most likely agree with your post, but I don't understand it.

    Comment

    • MixMasterLar
      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2006
      • 5401

      #692
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

      I don't see any indication that Haku isn't a town at this point.

      Anyway Tai Chi class is tonight so I'll have to play catch-up later.
      ​

      Comment

      • choof
        Banned
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Nov 2013
        • 8563

        #693
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
        Anyway Tai Chi class is tonight so I'll have to play catch-up later.
        I hope this actually implies that you're going to try at all in this game

        Comment

        • choof
          Banned
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Nov 2013
          • 8563

          #694
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          Can you explain me what I posted that felt wrong and that I'm clearly not even aware of?
          Like I most likely agree with your post, but I don't understand it.
          wolves and mafia are two separate teams in this game

          Comment

          • AragakiAyase
            Waifus
            • Apr 2015
            • 961

            #695
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

            Originally posted by choof
            I might make a post about the stuff in the spoiler if you want me to, but I also might not just to spite you for being bad
            Originally posted by choof
            yeah because you're being bad
            Originally posted by choof
            see aa, this is precisely why you're fucking bad
            Originally posted by choof
            I don't think I've seen anything from him that I didn't like
            these don't seem consistent

            pikakirby123 reincarnated





            Comment

            • choof
              Banned
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Nov 2013
              • 8563

              #696
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

              go back and count how many times I successfully baited you into posting

              Comment

              • _Zenith_
                Accuracy Player
                • Mar 2011
                • 4629

                #697
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                Originally posted by choof
                go back and count how many times I successfully baited you into posting
                Isn't it a lovely thing?





                Comment

                • AragakiAyase
                  Waifus
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 961

                  #698
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                  Originally posted by _Zenith_
                  Isn't it a lovely thing?
                  are you working on that dissection

                  pikakirby123 reincarnated





                  Comment

                  • Hakulyte
                    aka Haku
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 4697

                    #699
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                    Originally posted by choof
                    wolves and mafia are two separate teams in this game
                    Well, now at least you know who's highly likely to be Night 1's first kill. That sucks because I actually have an important role.

                    Comment

                    • choof
                      Banned
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 8563

                      #700
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                      Originally posted by Hakulyte
                      Well, now at least you know who's highly likely to be Night 1's first kill. That sucks because I actually have an important role.
                      this is by far the worst post you've made

                      Comment

                      • choof
                        Banned
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Nov 2013
                        • 8563

                        #701
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                        be back later, I'm gonna go chart something super dumb

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #702
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                          Every role is important choof :v

                          rofl..

                          Comment

                          • Hakulyte
                            aka Haku
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 4697

                            #703
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                            I feel like I just ruined the game.

                            Comment

                            • _Zenith_
                              Accuracy Player
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 4629

                              #704
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                              Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                              are you working on that dissection
                              Yes, almost finished. Excuse the hurrying; I was supposed to be doing something an hour ago oops :^ )





                              Comment

                              • _Zenith_
                                Accuracy Player
                                • Mar 2011
                                • 4629

                                #705
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                                Charu - Town Lean

                                I am probably safe in not going through an isolation process with Charu as him and Haku will resolve one another eventually, in my opinion. I will also probably say the same thing with Haku but I must say if someone tries to read Haku's first game as a means to establish if Charu and him are on a team this game then I would find it particularly odd due to their town v town feud in said Haku game.

                                Originally posted by Charu
                                Sure!

                                Now Botchi is an interesting character, when he's a wolf, he doesn't share scenarios like that, he kind of just posts one sentence blurbs and half assed "I think they're human" posts with no context.

                                Pretty much it
                                I like this post in a way, though I slightly disagree with it. When I get to botchi, this point will be explained.

                                Originally posted by Charu
                                ...Wow, I'm just gonna go ahead and put you at locked clear statis of being a human now.

                                This is one of the bests posts you've made.
                                This post will be kept in reference of seeing a Charu Flip or a Botchi Flip. I still disagree here.

                                Rest of posts have a heavy factor in the lean.



                                TheSunFan - Temporary Null but have a good feeling about leaning town

                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                hope you get jailkept because joke
                                Is this where I fakeclaim jailkeeper in a matrix setup as town and win because loljoke you read it perfectly :^ )

                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                I don't need to implement it yet
                                there's like a really small chance I won't have to this game but it would require a string of events that haven't happened in some time to happen
                                Subject of the post is weird because it is referencing to something before the game began. imo I would not have spoke about it regardless if it was your own plan when prompted by Charu. Charu's prompting sits weirdly too but not influential on the read.

                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                I'm interested in what Gradiant, the resident Charu expert, has to say about Charu, mainly because I have a feely-feel right now that reminds me a lot of the game where he did nothing but push on me until he wolfed me the next night. I mean, obviously, he's not pushing me, but what he's doing to rzr feels kind of the same way. In the previous game, I interpreted Charu's early (and I do mean early like literally before pg 2 early) push on me as a joke, even though he kept it up the whole phase, mainly because it was so ridiculous, and how he's pushing rzr reminds me of that a lot.

                                Maybe I'm trying too hard, and I certainly want to say that I nailed Charu as a wolf early in the game, but eh.

                                Gradiant can tell me if I'm right or wrong most likely by the end of the phase I'd bet.

                                *this post may or may not be solely to try and tilt Charu
                                I like this post. Tone seems pure and nothing prompted the interest in Gradiant until thesunfan recollected past events.

                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                I have to admit its kind of hard not to look
                                I might make an alt or something since Yoshl is hosting and should be monitering the game
                                Personally I would never like to speak about this subject though I have to say one thing; it honestly doesn't matter if someone can view invisible people because there is no value gained to the knowledge of who is in thread other than who is currently sitting in the game thread. The rest becomes moot after that.

                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                choof going hard and being wolf is not possible to my knowledge
                                hot read: choof is more aggressive as a town player than a wolf player

                                hotter read: choof doesn't give a fuck what he does as a wolf

                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                who do you think is a vet?
                                good hot post

                                Legit question, shocked it wasn't asked sooner



                                Choof - Town

                                Originally posted by choof
                                i think i remember you defending the chart after niala did his meme rating



                                did you want me to keep my avatar as yours so people would have a hard(er) time reading you?



                                totally unsurprising



                                for what





                                these were posted really quickly after one another; we know that reuben's standard play is to not play, but I don't like that botchi said nearly the same thing



                                was this a serious question?




                                I have a tip: stop making lame posts



                                thought the same thing about his post before I read this from you, think I can give you a town point or two for it



                                thanks



                                who are you intimidated by



                                what in le actual fuck is this post





                                haku's town
                                Post is golden given the time posted.

                                Originally posted by choof
                                not surprising at all that reuben has only one post
                                can you do us all a huge favor and pls play the game
                                I agree with this entirely, however if we continue to bash him I'm afraid Benguin's tone will change from a natural one to a defensive one from the constant bashing of "you better not pull that afk meta bullshit this game, actually participate please" even if you are genuinely encouraging him to not do that (this also isn't solely directed at you because AA posts an obnoxious statement about it soon after this post.

                                --this is where I give up doing major isolation because I can pretty much summarize the read--

                                Choof's aggression points towards town wholeheartedly. I will even preemptively state that if choof doesn't flip town this game (or isn't noted as town in post-game) then I will be one salty motherfucker. I honestly didn't like the blatant reaction test from him towards Lar when this post was stated:

                                Originally posted by choof
                                like I could do the thing where I rapid fire post 3 pages in the next 10 minutes and get at least 5 people to say "okay you're town now shut the fuck up"
                                because even though it worked due to Lar answering someone other than choof after his barrage of posts, it wasn't entirely necessary. Can't be hating on him actually doing this though because all in all it did indeed work.



                                AragakiAyase - Null

                                I cannot accurately place AA at this time. There are several factors that contribute to this from town qualities that he has carried from game to game such as his abrasive demands like:

                                Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                                give reads
                                or anything of the sort. Also stuff like this deludes a wolfread on him:

                                Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                                I'm still trying to determine if it was a slip or a bad assumption

                                However, there are also other qualities that I have somewhat been picking on with him in particular in the usage of a defensive tone or outbreak when under fire--his tone starts to falter when dealing with attention as displayed in these posts:

                                Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                                also when I said waiting to see more, it meant that I wasn't going to give a solid read on you until I saw more, not that I was going to sit like a passive bystander

                                do I need to clarify everything explicitly for you

                                regardless I won't, it's more interesting to see how you interpret my posts

                                Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                                to clarify, it seems odd that you'd toss out an insult right here



                                or rather, where have I been taking away townreads for people making joke posts? I didn't give any townreads in the first place, don't twist my words
                                He'll be null until I do more iso'ing or until I see more real-action responses from him.



                                Haku - Town

                                blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

                                Actually there's only really one thing to note on Haku and it would be vastly similar to my read on Charu with the exception of a base tone read that Haku has presented imo. His responses are clean, and perhaps sometimes a bit poorly timed but I see that as opportunity to shift another direction on a given topic (usually that he provides). I'm pretty confident with this read right now, but like I said with Charu, they can resolve each other like I had done previously in a recent past game (T-Force and Funny).



                                DBP - Null

                                DBP is a very analytical player as either alignment and whereas he is displaying that in his 40 and so posts, it leads to the uncertainty that he can do it as any alignment. I can probably give him a town lean here, but I don't really have much to say other than I'm weary but at the same time comfortable with my read.



                                botchi & rzr - nulls, one of them could easily be a wolf here for obvious reasons

                                I don't have to even isolate a single post to accurately read these two. In my skimming I was very unsettled with a few posts by both of them.

                                Botchi: Has contributed iirc two worty posts and the rests are clear as day backpacks on other players. He justifies it with "I have nothing yet" or a reiteration of such and I'll actually iso one post just to say this remark:

                                Originally posted by botchi246
                                I wish I could just go back to being stupid noob, because apparently everything I say gets me on the radar.
                                Don't fucking be rzr.

                                rzr: I don't really have to read many of your posts because you constantly put your foot in your mouth. Granted, some of your posts are okay and can be considered for usage in helping determine factors on any players read on an individual, but stuff like:

                                Originally posted by rzr
                                hmm I hate ho wtasty the angle looks wheneever his happens

                                Originally posted by rzr
                                Cuz I wanna toss a vote on you for fun, 1) just to defy Charu, and 2) because I've said in every game we've played it's only a matter of time till you pull scum, I want to see the difference

                                Originally posted by rzr
                                This might get mistaken also, but I think it's worth saying:

                                Don't expect me to not be "reading" or something early. Everyone always says rzr always acts so strange early, rzr why do you have these reads so early, etc.
                                Have I ever disappointed you guys with my early reads? Not that the reads are always correct, but that generally speaking I'm producing any reads, no matter how loose or arbitrary, from an anti-scum POV.

                                I wouldn't bring up these things if I were scum, I'd be much more aloof, but that's a real shitty road to go down with the "if I was x I'd do y." Just want to be clear, nobody's ever gonna properly perceive my d1 motives, so keep that in mind too please lol

                                Also @ dbp, I wasn't exploring a world where I'm scum, I was interested in who was already looking at me and Charu as a Charu/or/rzr, i.e. who thinks he'd be bussing me, or who thinks we're aligned, etc. Just a data point
                                Are just examples of how you stick your foot in your mouth.

                                On the last post however which is necessarily that, it is extremely odd and unsavory that you give insight on yourself but you also feel it might help your cause when it doesn't mean much. You will never change a persons perception of your wording in an objective manner, and doing so is just frivolous and pointless; you need to not use your own name or state a justification that begins with something involved with you other than the dualy notion of "This is what I feel", not "...I wouldn't bring this up if I was scum...".



                                Benguin and Gradiant doesn't necessarily deserve the iso reads because they both are sitting pretty easy with me right now. Gradiant is showing town promise and is quite observative and isn't afraid to get into the conversation. Benguin suffers bad meta and even though his first string of posts coming back (the post with the huge red lettering) wasn't relevant to the game, he came back pretty strong with a normal tone and actual willingness to get involved.



                                Lurker, I know your alignment based on your posts and it's almost sad but true because it's probably what anyone would do in that situation :^ )

                                Again, you don't want to be in this game whatsoever.





                                Comment

                                Working...