TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Viccica
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2009
    • 702

    #841
    Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

    Okay so after trying to read the thread objectively I'm going to stick to my guns with the Manti vote for a few reasons.

    The first thing I want to dissect is the suspicion about the seer claim. While there is obviously the potential of the seer claim being false I find that highly unlikely. It's a really ballsy move for a wolf to do the very first phase of the game and relies on far too much. Wolves couldn't anticipate the need for a false claim so couldn't have planned it out and this at best would save the false seer for another phase. Where the alternative was to find a way to dictate the lynch, which was something entirely feasible with 23 hours left to go in the phase.
    Secondly, the wolf kill. Again, the possibility of a fake seer. Blahblahblah. But it also was just.. an intelligent wolf kill. Last phase was V and Pop in the spotlight. 90% of what dictated the lynch was the exchanges between the two. Easy to hide in the lynch because of all of the noise generated by only two people. Pop died and V followed giving the humans almost nothing to infer about the phase, because those two owned the stage.
    Third, Manti is trying to argue about the false seer and defend his vote for Pop saying that his lockjaw was indicative of being a wolf and bluntly stating that humans should be malleable. That's really weak. I think Manti has a better understanding of the idea that there are a wide variety of TWG players and wouldn't throw them all under a generalization of what a TWG player should be. Tunneling on someone is both indicative of wolf and human players, and as a result are indicative of neither. Pop had no choice but to stay with James, and the argument against Pop was fleeting regardless of that fact.
    Manti

    A lot of this hinges on the belief that the seer claim is legit, and that's the assumption I think we can all agree we have to go by this phase. Fiction I would say might have made the same wolf kill as I am attributing to Manti but more signs point to Manti so meh.

    As far as other players go, I haven't had many stand out to me as particularly human.
    Jrodd I typically have agree with or at least understood his reasoning. Nothing has seemed very unsettling so I'd comfortably say he's a town.

    Charu, despite trolling the game has had moments where he says something sincerely human-esque. If you can read between the lines and pick and choose what you read. While kind of being a waste of space, I don't find him suspicious. He's making himself an easy target for a lynch with his demeanor but I don't think he's a wolf.

    James I really really am uncertain about. He's been really wishy washy, really moody and really inconsistent this whole game, which is hard to peg as human or inexperienced wolf. He's like a ship without a captain. And wind. And sails...


    People idfk about are Dance and Sun.

    If I missed you you suck.


    I will be peeking at the thread here and there but tonight is game night.
    Dear sirs,
    One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

    In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

    Sincerely,

    Your Client
    Eco Friendly
    ♥~Chu

    Comment

    • thesunfan
      Role Tide
      Sectional Moderator
      • May 2011
      • 10859

      #842
      Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

      Originally posted by j-rodd123
      ??
      I'm stretching b/c I'm trying to read his white noise and its not working
      I've talked to him about his wolf play on a few occasions and probably would've tried harder to find a role there. I'm expecting him to have known that V was pretty VT there idk its all I've got on him and I know its thin.
      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
      Originally posted by XelNya
      I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
      Originally posted by star-crossed
      (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

      Comment

      • Viccica
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2009
        • 702

        #843
        Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

        That post once upon a time was typed out much better but I hit my homepage and lost it all. RIP
        Dear sirs,
        One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

        In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

        Sincerely,

        Your Client
        Eco Friendly
        ♥~Chu

        Comment

        • Viccica
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2009
          • 702

          #844
          Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

          Drawing from that, if the seer doesn't die in the following night phase my theories all fall to pieces and I will try to come up with another that fits. But I feel very strongly about my manti vote.
          Dear sirs,
          One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

          In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

          Sincerely,

          Your Client
          Eco Friendly
          ♥~Chu

          Comment

          • thesunfan
            Role Tide
            Sectional Moderator
            • May 2011
            • 10859

            #845
            Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

            wow I suck at wording
            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
            Originally posted by star-crossed
            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

            Comment

            • thesunfan
              Role Tide
              Sectional Moderator
              • May 2011
              • 10859

              #846
              Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

              I think Manti's a wolf regardless of DBP's alignment, not entirely sure why yours hinges on DBP's alignment after reading it
              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
              Originally posted by XelNya
              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
              Originally posted by star-crossed
              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

              Comment

              • Viccica
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2009
                • 702

                #847
                Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                It doesn't all, but a lot of it does. There's more reasons to it than I stated but a lot of it is made under the assumption that the seer is legit. Doesn't prove nor disprove anything, just.. helps? I guess?
                Dear sirs,
                One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                Sincerely,

                Your Client
                Eco Friendly
                ♥~Chu

                Comment

                • j-rodd123
                  End of the road
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3692

                  #848
                  Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                  Originally posted by Viccica
                  Okay so after trying to read the thread objectively I'm going to stick to my guns with the Manti vote for a few reasons.

                  The first thing I want to dissect is the suspicion about the seer claim. While there is obviously the potential of the seer claim being false I find that highly unlikely. It's a really ballsy move for a wolf to do the very first phase of the game and relies on far too much. Wolves couldn't anticipate the need for a false claim so couldn't have planned it out and this at best would save the false seer for another phase. Where the alternative was to find a way to dictate the lynch, which was something entirely feasible with 23 hours left to go in the phase.
                  Secondly, the wolf kill. Again, the possibility of a fake seer. Blahblahblah. But it also was just.. an intelligent wolf kill. Last phase was V and Pop in the spotlight. 90% of what dictated the lynch was the exchanges between the two. Easy to hide in the lynch because of all of the noise generated by only two people. Pop died and V followed giving the humans almost nothing to infer about the phase, because those two owned the stage.
                  Third, Manti is trying to argue about the false seer and defend his vote for Pop saying that his lockjaw was indicative of being a wolf and bluntly stating that humans should be malleable. That's really weak. I think Manti has a better understanding of the idea that there are a wide variety of TWG players and wouldn't throw them all under a generalization of what a TWG player should be. Tunneling on someone is both indicative of wolf and human players, and as a result are indicative of neither. Pop had no choice but to stay with James, and the argument against Pop was fleeting regardless of that fact.
                  Manti
                  meh idk I think I should reread manti. there were like 2 posts I felt were very villagery from him today, ill find them and quote him. maybe a total isolated reread will refresh me

                  Originally posted by FictionJunction
                  wow

                  Comment

                  • Viccica
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 702

                    #849
                    Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                    Basically if the seer lives again we're forced to lynch him. There's just no ways wolves would let it happen, cause it grows the human pool the more chances he gets to reveal results. Tomorrow would move it largely towards our favor assuming manti is a wolf(i do) if he gets to reveal another human.
                    Dear sirs,
                    One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                    In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                    Sincerely,

                    Your Client
                    Eco Friendly
                    ♥~Chu

                    Comment

                    • Viccica
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 702

                      #850
                      Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                      Read and lemme know jrodd. I want verification other than sun.
                      Dear sirs,
                      One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                      In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                      Sincerely,

                      Your Client
                      Eco Friendly
                      ♥~Chu

                      Comment

                      • Viccica
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 702

                        #851
                        Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                        I need to be coddled and told I'm a good girl.
                        Dear sirs,
                        One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                        In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                        Sincerely,

                        Your Client
                        Eco Friendly
                        ♥~Chu

                        Comment

                        • j-rodd123
                          End of the road
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 3692

                          #852
                          Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                          Originally posted by thesunfan
                          I'm stretching b/c I'm trying to read his white noise and its not working
                          I've talked to him about his wolf play on a few occasions and probably would've tried harder to find a role there. I'm expecting him to have known that V was pretty VT there idk its all I've got on him and I know its thin.
                          actually this is a very good point, I mean it was extremely obvious V was vanilla, no harm is saying that now.

                          maybe a) the wolves are not at all competent at PR hunting
                          b) killing a pretty obvious town (although he lead a mislynch so a case could easily be pushed by wolves so maybe they were afraid)

                          or one that im gonna investigate after reading manti is

                          c) before he died his reads were on point, minus plop, and they wanted to dispose of a loud and influtential villager

                          Originally posted by FictionJunction
                          wow

                          Comment

                          • j-rodd123
                            End of the road
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 3692

                            #853
                            Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                            influential*

                            Originally posted by FictionJunction
                            wow

                            Comment

                            • thesunfan
                              Role Tide
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • May 2011
                              • 10859

                              #854
                              Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                              I looked at C but his reads don't really align with mine
                              also I find that fear kills aren't really all-the-rage as of late (outside of jTWG that is)
                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                              Originally posted by XelNya
                              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                              Originally posted by star-crossed
                              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                              Comment

                              • thesunfan
                                Role Tide
                                Sectional Moderator
                                • May 2011
                                • 10859

                                #855
                                Re: TWG CXXII - Welcome to Disboard~

                                God if V was more right than I was D0...
                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                                Originally posted by XelNya
                                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                                Originally posted by star-crossed
                                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                                Comment

                                Working...