Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Arielbananate7
    FFR Player
    • Feb 2007
    • 6

    #1216
    Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

    I do not see where it says in the rules that you cannot say more after an insta vote.

    Comment

    • Charu
      Snivy! Dohoho!
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2006
      • 6207

      #1217
      Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

      Originally posted by Arielbananate7
      I do not see where it says in the rules that you cannot say more after an insta vote.
      It's pretty much courtesy since this isn't an automated game. If insta has been reached, and everyone knows, it's best practice to stop posting.

      Of course, I don't think it's really enforced or punished if one wishes to do so.


      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
      Had a very shiny nose
      And if you ever saw it
      You could even say it glows

      All of the other Snivies
      Used to laugh and call him names
      They never let poor Charu
      Join in any Snivy games

      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

      Comment

      • ShadoWolfe
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2009
        • 171

        #1218
        Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

        Stop posting! Insta has been reached.





        Originally posted by Hakulyte
        I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
        Originally posted by YoshL
        "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
        Originally posted by mellon_collie
        "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

        Comment

        • ShadoWolfe
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2009
          • 171

          #1219
          Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

          Insta Vote Count:

          (4) -- Blindreper1179 -- Arielbananate7, FreezinIce, Hakulyte, Blindreper1179





          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
          Originally posted by YoshL
          "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
          Originally posted by mellon_collie
          "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

          Comment

          • ShadoWolfe
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2009
            • 171

            #1220
            Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

            Blindreper1179 has been lynched. He was:
            Mafia Roleblocker!!


            The game is over. Town wins!


            Deadchat: https://discord.gg/fFNk9pR

            Wolfchat: https://discord.gg/wUsNQVP

            Will put postgame up when I get home. Use this thread in the meantime. Good game, all!





            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
            Originally posted by YoshL
            "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
            Originally posted by mellon_collie
            "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

            Comment

            • inDheart
              Picker @ JAX2
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2011
              • 505

              #1221
              Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

              sunfan irl

              Comment

              • blindreper1179
                Vice President Of TGB
                • Jun 2006
                • 5902

                #1222
                Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                Originally posted by inDheart
                sunfan irl

                So fucking true
                Originally posted by thesunfan
                absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                Originally posted by choof
                It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                Originally posted by choof
                whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                Originally posted by Celirra
                I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                Comment

                • FreezinIce
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2005
                  • 265

                  #1223
                  Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                  i actually get time to play the game and spam the thread and it ends =|

                  gg everyone!
                  ========

                  To let the world be.

                  ========

                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                  Originally posted by mellon_collie
                  AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                  Originally posted by roundbox
                  AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                  Originally posted by Red
                  My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                  Originally posted by TWG Ike
                  SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                  Comment

                  • the sun fan
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2017
                    • 658

                    #1224
                    Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                    the reason you stop posting when insta is hit
                    is because its not the day phase anymore
                    that person has basically died, and the night phase has technically begun (or the game has ended, in this case)
                    the mod just hasn't posted it yet

                    that being said maybe it needs to be said explicitly in the rules if it is not already
                    Last edited by the sun fan; 10-3-2017, 01:11 PM.
                    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                    Comment

                    • the sun fan
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2017
                      • 658

                      #1225
                      Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                      looks more like a lamb than a goat to me lmao
                      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                      Comment

                      • Arielbananate7
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 6

                        #1226
                        Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        the reason you stop posting when insta is hit
                        is because its not the day phase anymore
                        that person has basically died, and the night phase has technically begun (or the game has ended, in this case)
                        the mod just hasn't posted it yet

                        that being said maybe it needs to be said explicitly in the rules if it is not already
                        Oh, ok. No that is not clear to me from the rules but I think I get it now.

                        I am reading the chats and I am amazed at the secret hints and mind games I was not noticing from the first day.

                        Comment

                        • the sun fan
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 658

                          #1227
                          Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                          Originally posted by Arielbananate7
                          Oh, ok. No that is not clear to me from the rules but I think I get it now.

                          I am reading the chats and I am amazed at the secret hints and mind games I was not noticing from the first day.
                          yeah, its a very subtle part of the game; some stuff is said to everyone, but meant to be understood by few

                          its one of my favorite parts of the game
                          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                          Comment

                          • Arielbananate7
                            FFR Player
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 6

                            #1228
                            Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                            Thank you to those of you that said I did well in this game. It was confusing most of the time, but maybe it would not be as much next time. When will there be another game?

                            I would also like to say, I do not think town of salem is as random and dumb as you all are saying. My statistics page says I have won 313 out of 453 casual games (which is 69% haha). When I play it I do look at what people say, as well as how and when they vote, as much as there is time for. I just do not have the time during the game to explain it all to everybody else, so that was cool to do in this werewolf game. It is a little annoying sometimes to try to meet the noobs on their level of understanding, and very annoying when people leave or suicide, but a lot of the time it is fun to play.

                            I am sad that Xelicoptor was hanged, because I liked their avatar and when they were asking me about the sun fan, it really made me think. They did not seem too happy about it in the discord chat either.

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #1229
                              Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                              Originally posted by Arielbananate7
                              Thank you to those of you that said I did well in this game. It was confusing most of the time, but maybe it would not be as much next time. When will there be another game?

                              I would also like to say, I do not think town of salem is as random and dumb as you all are saying. My statistics page says I have won 313 out of 453 casual games (which is 69% haha). When I play it I do look at what people say, as well as how and when they vote, as much as there is time for. I just do not have the time during the game to explain it all to everybody else, so that was cool to do in this werewolf game. It is a little annoying sometimes to try to meet the noobs on their level of understanding, and very annoying when people leave or suicide, but a lot of the time it is fun to play.

                              I am sad that Xelicoptor was hanged, because I liked their avatar and when they were asking me about the sun fan, it really made me think. They did not seem too happy about it in the discord chat either.
                              Maybe it's what I've observed is what really painted the picture of ToS for me. I've seen players do outlandish moves that make no sense, but I'll take your word. There's always a gem, hahah

                              ...And yeah...

                              Xel is... err... well if you stick around, you'll learn he's the explosive one. Try to not let him intimidate you though.


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #1230
                                Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

                                next game will be voted on tonight; freezin was the host of the last full game and we send in our own games to be voted on as the next one

                                most votes wins and then we play it

                                after that game, we usually play another turbo between full games

                                and the cycle repeats itself

                                -----------------------

                                yeah, honestly, you made me think that I've been a little too hard on ToS players. I still don't think I'd be running to play it, and I do think a lot of the setups are town-sided, but you clearly knew what you were doing.

                                Especially your associative reads; they were very good. Its a part of the game not examined enough, and I don't think a single "not w/w" read you made the whole game felt off to me. I think they were all correct, too.

                                Yeahhhh, Xel has been mislynched twice in a row on the first phase now, so him being upset is understandable.
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...