TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink
Collapse
X
-
Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink
he wasnt finding flaws in the game. his post made it so that he would not have been able to post in the thread, by the rules.
he was just being a dick.
Comment
-
Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink
it's not, all you're not allowed to do is come up with strats that revolve around predetermined choices in the dilemma, that's it.I completely agree with this post. I think Afro's post was fair (even though it was written in the most infuriatingly-Afrobean style possible). Not being allowed to talk about meta is an interesting mechanic for sure, but it's also insanely limiting and I'm guessing it will be pretty difficult for players to communicate their ideas correctly without it.
I think this game will be good either way don't get me wrong. But I think if meta discussion were allowed we could have a CRAZY high activity game, I think limiting the amount of topics people can post about with also limit the number of posts.
Comment
-
Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink
Regardless if he's finding flaws or "being a dick" (haven't paid too much attention to the discussion), but discussions like this should have really be done before the game sign ups were posted. Honestly I'm tired of walking into a sign up thread, and reading 20 some posts about game mechanics. If there's a problem with a game, discuss and fix it before sign ups. It's really discouraging watching people bitch and moan about mechanics and setups.
Comment
-
Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink
So I could say "Depending on your level of suspicion, you should do x/y in the dilemma" and because I wasn't naming anybody or even referencing a universally constant thing (different people have different suspects), it would be allowed?~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~
Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Comment
-
Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink
I think this is why BDN was pushing for a new system for host/signup threads. We didn't really have time to do this before.Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppyComment
-
Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink
Understandable. My point in case being, aspects of a game that could potentially "break" the game, or game breaking strats or whatever, shouldn't be discussed in the sign up thread.
Comment
-
Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink
then make a game that doesn't encourage that.
I just don't want to feel perpetually blueballed in order to make a fantasy game come true.
You're asking people to walk across 45 miles when they could easily climb a fence and get to the same place. At that point the experience of your 45 mile walk ceases to matter.Originally posted by j-rodd123wowComment
-
Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink
or you could just not try to actively break the game?then make a game that doesn't encourage that.
I just don't want to feel perpetually blueballed in order to make a fantasy game come true.
You're asking people to walk across 45 miles when they could easily climb a fence and get to the same place. At that point the experience of your 45 mile walk ceases to matter.
Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink
don't make a game that has flaws.Originally posted by j-rodd123wowComment
Comment