TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FoJaR
    The Worst
    • Nov 2005
    • 2816

    #166
    Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

    it doesnt censor you, it keeps you from exploiting the character of the game, just like not talking to dead players in games without cardflipping keeps you from exploiting that incredibly obvious possibility.

    Comment

    • FictionJunction
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 3843

      #167
      Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

      it's not a game mechanic ban if it involves what I can say when I'm alive.
      Originally posted by j-rodd123
      wow

      Comment

      • FoJaR
        The Worst
        • Nov 2005
        • 2816

        #168
        Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

        Originally posted by FictionJunction
        I'm not, though. I try to win. My biggest beef is that this specific rule censors me. I don't like that. And if your game has a hole and you're filling it with the generosity of your players and their self restraint, then surely your game isn't perfect.
        well then you should try to win without breaking the rules of the game

        Comment

        • FoJaR
          The Worst
          • Nov 2005
          • 2816

          #169
          Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

          Originally posted by FictionJunction
          it's not a game mechanic ban if it involves what I can say when I'm alive.
          you arent allowed to talk outside the thread, that limits what you can say while you are alive.

          Comment

          • FoJaR
            The Worst
            • Nov 2005
            • 2816

            #170
            Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

            it's not like it limits anything, ANYTHING, but the one thing that it is meant to limit.

            if you talk about that one thing, you are exploiting the game, why is this a problem.

            Comment

            • FictionJunction
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2006
              • 3843

              #171
              Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

              I can go on all day, you should just run it. I think it'll be fine if everyone is cooperative. I just think relying on player cooperation is bad design if your honor code extends beyond not talking OOT when OOTT is off when players are alive.
              Originally posted by j-rodd123
              wow

              Comment

              • FoJaR
                The Worst
                • Nov 2005
                • 2816

                #172
                Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                yeah i think it will be fine too, i dont get what is the proooblemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

                Comment

                • FoJaR
                  The Worst
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 2816

                  #173
                  Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                  i mean i think of it this way: you are in a prison, if the guards see one person leading a bunch of people they're gonna get nervous and separate you.

                  Comment

                  • FictionJunction
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 3843

                    #174
                    Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                    and if your game runs smoothy, and it might, censorship is still bad.

                    If I'm alive, posting in the thread, and there's a list of things I can't think of and post then you're censoring me. This is entirely completely different from a game mechanic ban like OOTT, Night talking, etc. It's also completely entirely different from posting a PM in the thread.

                    In fact, hosts post the PMs they send in the OP precisely because PLAYERS CAN'T BE TRUSTED and HOSTS DESIGN GAMES WITHOUT HOLES FOR PLAYERS.
                    Originally posted by j-rodd123
                    wow

                    Comment

                    • FoJaR
                      The Worst
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 2816

                      #175
                      Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                      Originally posted by FictionJunction
                      and if your game runs smoothy, and it might, censorship is still bad.

                      If I'm alive, posting in the thread, and there's a list of things I can't think of and post then you're censoring me. This is entirely completely different from a game mechanic ban like OOTT, Night talking, etc. It's also completely entirely different from posting a PM in the thread.

                      In fact, hosts post the PMs they send in the OP precisely because PLAYERS CAN'T BE TRUSTED and HOSTS DESIGN GAMES WITHOUT HOLES FOR PLAYERS.
                      well a game set in prison probably isnt for you then, because there are tons of restrictions on your freedom in prison.

                      Comment

                      • FictionJunction
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 3843

                        #176
                        Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                        and TWG isn't about restriction, it's more like Minecraft
                        Originally posted by j-rodd123
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • cedolad
                          moonchild~
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 6879

                          #177
                          Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                          itt: aids

                          Comment

                          • cedolad
                            moonchild~
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 6879

                            #178
                            Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                            Originally posted by FictionJunction
                            and TWG isn't about restriction, it's more like Minecraft
                            I demand you revoke this argument now.

                            Comment

                            • FoJaR
                              The Worst
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 2816

                              #179
                              Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                              censorship isnt bad in a game where that is one of the rules. it's not even censorship if it's in the rules of the game that you freely agree to play, it's just a rule that you have agreed to play by.

                              Comment

                              • FictionJunction
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 3843

                                #180
                                Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                                Originally posted by cedolad
                                I demand you revoke this argument now.
                                no, why?
                                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...