TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FoJaR
    The Worst
    • Nov 2005
    • 2816

    #136
    Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

    it doesnt

    Comment

    • cedolad
      moonchild~
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2007
      • 6879

      #137
      Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

      Originally posted by FictionJunction
      then make a game that doesn't encourage that.

      I just don't want to feel perpetually blueballed in order to make a fantasy game come true.

      You're asking people to walk across 45 miles when they could easily climb a fence and get to the same place. At that point the experience of your 45 mile walk ceases to matter.

      Climbing that fence is like using the turbo button dude. It's a game.

      Comment

      • FictionJunction
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2006
        • 3843

        #138
        Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

        I don't trust myself to not break them because they are there. I don't want to be told how to play. I don't want to be encouraged to do something and be told it can't be done.
        Originally posted by j-rodd123
        wow

        Comment

        • FictionJunction
          FFR Player
          • Nov 2006
          • 3843

          #139
          Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

          The fix here is 'oh man don't do that because it would ruin the experience I fantasized.' No thanks.
          Originally posted by j-rodd123
          wow

          Comment

          • FoJaR
            The Worst
            • Nov 2005
            • 2816

            #140
            Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

            yeah i mean i guess if you use gameshark you get to win, because you cant die anymore but then all the fun is gone

            Comment

            • FictionJunction
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2006
              • 3843

              #141
              Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

              it's not gameshark TWG literally begs me to find the easiest way to get find enemies through people who may be uncooperative. And you're telling me I can't make a post about meta. It's not a game mechanic ban, it's censorship.
              Originally posted by j-rodd123
              wow

              Comment

              • FoJaR
                The Worst
                • Nov 2005
                • 2816

                #142
                Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                Originally posted by FictionJunction
                The fix here is 'oh man don't do that because it would ruin the experience I fantasized.' No thanks.
                i mean okay games have rules right? all games, that's what defines them, their rules. this game has different rules. in craps, if the dice dont say what you want, you cant just say "i think i'll reroll just that one die, hold on", but in yahtzee you can!

                Comment

                • FictionJunction
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 3843

                  #143
                  Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                  yeah but there's a difference between a game mechanic ban like OOTT and banning talking about something in a specific way
                  Originally posted by j-rodd123
                  wow

                  Comment

                  • FictionJunction
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 3843

                    #144
                    Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                    Originally posted by FoJaR
                    i mean okay games have rules right? all games, that's what defines them, their rules. this game has different rules. in craps, if the dice dont say what you want, you cant just say "i think i'll reroll just that one die, hold on", but in yahtzee you can!
                    your rules ban how I throw the dice, not the results, and if I want to throw the dice by catapulting them off my dick then yes I should be allowed to
                    Originally posted by j-rodd123
                    wow

                    Comment

                    • FoJaR
                      The Worst
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 2816

                      #145
                      Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                      Originally posted by FictionJunction
                      it's not gameshark TWG literally begs me to find the easiest way to get find enemies through people who may be uncooperative. And you're telling me I can't make a post about meta. It's not a game mechanic ban, it's censorship.
                      so you realize that the thing i banned can only be used to break games right? like you cant use it to do anything but break the game.... so you're saying that the one thing that you want to be able to do is break the game?

                      Comment

                      • FictionJunction
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 3843

                        #146
                        Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                        Originally posted by FoJaR
                        so you realize that the thing i banned can only be used to break games right? like you cant use it to do anything but break the game.... so you're saying that the one thing that you want to be able to do is break the game?
                        I'm saying that players are like tape. That's what you're using keep your game together. Tape.
                        Originally posted by j-rodd123
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • FoJaR
                          The Worst
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 2816

                          #147
                          Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                          Originally posted by FictionJunction
                          your rules ban how I throw the dice, not the results, and if I want to throw the dice by catapulting them off my dick then yes I should be allowed to
                          alright then it's more like you want to throw the loaded dice for cheating that you have prepared, and i want you to throw house dice.

                          Comment

                          • FictionJunction
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3843

                            #148
                            Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                            #MetaphorThursdays
                            Originally posted by j-rodd123
                            wow

                            Comment

                            • FoJaR
                              The Worst
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 2816

                              #149
                              Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                              Originally posted by FictionJunction
                              I'm saying that players are like tape. That's what you're using keep your game together. Tape.
                              that doesnt even make sense.

                              Comment

                              • FictionJunction
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 3843

                                #150
                                Re: TWG CV SIGNUPS: Christmas in the Clink

                                tape is weak. I'd break the game. I'm not being encouraged not to.

                                In fact, the humans who thought of the voting strategy to find the wolf roles who voted for two probably enjoyed coming up with that strategy and applying it. I would too.
                                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...