Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ddr_f4n
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    11? I think 10 at most. Not even that 16th run is long enough to consider an 11 =/.

    Okay, I'll get rid of those gimmicks tomorrow and re-submit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Oni-Paranoia
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Originally posted by ~Zero~
    I think so and maybe if you want to tone it down a bit that would be cool. Its a bit on the overstepped side, not to much though.
    No part of it was over stepped, it makes a nearly perfect 11.

    Leave a comment:


  • ~Zero~
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Originally posted by ddr_f4n
    So I guess that you guys don't like those gimmicks eh?

    I guess I'll get rid of them and re-submit. Is that all that needs fixing judges?
    I think so and maybe if you want to tone it down a bit that would be cool. Its a bit on the overstepped side, not to much though.

    Leave a comment:


  • ddr_f4n
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    So I guess that you guys don't like those gimmicks eh?

    I guess I'll get rid of them and re-submit. Is that all that needs fixing judges?

    Leave a comment:


  • Oni-Paranoia
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Originally posted by Lain_Iwakura
    minifreezes were cool (read: uncool) in SMG2
    KB pack v.s. Pad pack

    Technicality v.s. fun

    ~Zero~: "Files can be too technical to be fun"

    Leave a comment:


  • Lain_Iwakura
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    minifreezes were cool (read: uncool) in SMG2

    Leave a comment:


  • Oni-Paranoia
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Originally posted by TC_Halogen
    *sigh*

    I'm never going to understand why people here like to use tiny freezes like that. >_>;

    but it's really annoying to me when I see freezes that are 1/32nd or 1/64th note as accents. You don't do this.
    Agreed

    Originally posted by gnr61
    "It may be just a personal perference"
    it is

    "You don't do this"
    ya wrong

    i think yellow arrows look weird why would anybody want to use those in a stepfile seriously there are ways to capture a 16th note that don't look that gay


    sry i'm goin da the way with defending my file against biased aesthetic preference :>
    Me and Aj know pad files, by using 16ths as an example to defend your file is stupid. Complete difference in using common 16ths and rarely seen freezes that don't even look like freezes x1.

    By that matter Hora was a bad file. Despite the fact that you whore looking to the right side and crossing that direction and the dumb use of some of your 32nd holds (at the end), that file isn't worth defending. Its too technical to even be "fun". Your down runningman with crosses should have been on 4ths and 8ths, not 16ths.

    You really need to understand that there's more to pad than just knowing what crosses and double steps are.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wyde
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    So you didn't like Uranus then? =(

    Will hopefully be sending yet another re-do of Tsugaru 180 soon. Should be in accordance with all the judges suggestions/critiques by the time I'm done with it.

    Leave a comment:


  • ~Zero~
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Just a little tid bit of information.... 14 files accepted 6 more needed...kthx (dont make me put my other ddr edits in here :/ )

    List

    All my Turn - Revolver
    Bass Speaks Canine - Zimlord
    BLN - Oni
    Bloody Tears - Xiao
    Blythe - Kommisar
    Freedom - ~Zero~
    Freestyler - Monst3rJoe
    Happy Hardogs - Zimlord
    Hardware Store - Xiao
    Heart of Witch - Oni
    Life is a Construct - Halogen
    Mr. Bear - Revolver
    Senorita - ~Zero~
    Taekwonburi - ~Zero~

    ----------------------------------------------

    Songs for considering or i havent played yet

    New Colors of Sorrow and Flowers
    Tokimonatakanimekat
    Treme-vook of war
    Tricky Tricky
    Zexon (Sorry aj Oni probably didnt play this yet)

    ------------------------------------------------
    Quick Review

    Odyssey - The file was good until the gimmicks hit and i felt that they didn't fit at all
    Zexon - Was good as far as I remember except that gay gimmick >:P
    Tricky Tricky - Needs to be cut more and do stuff AJ said
    Last edited by ~Zero~; 07-6-2009, 09:25 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cherubi
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    mini freezes may not be necessary but they're being used by the artist conforming to his own style. it's his structure and telling him to do otherwise would be wrong. i wouldnt reject a file for personal creativity since being biased is too easy for pad files.

    Leave a comment:


  • gnr61
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    "It may be just a personal perference"
    it is

    "You don't do this"
    ya wrong

    i think yellow arrows look weird why would anybody want to use those in a stepfile seriously there are ways to capture a 16th note that don't look that gay


    sry i'm goin da the way with defending my file against biased aesthetic preference :>

    Leave a comment:


  • buizel8888
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Minifreezes are cool, and puppet is still gay.



    PS Hora was a good file. Not gonna lie.

    Leave a comment:


  • TC_Halogen
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    *sigh*

    I'm never going to understand why people here like to use tiny freezes like that. >_>;

    I mean, I try to never ever use a freeze shorter than an 8th note long now. It may be just a personal perference, but it's really annoying to me when I see freezes that are 1/32nd or 1/64th note as accents. You don't do this.

    And Sigma, I agree with you COMPLETELY.

    Leave a comment:


  • MastaofRomandJul
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    I have a mixed feeling about mini freezes because after playing Hardware Store multiple times on pad, there is a good and a bad about the file, or just mini-freezes in general (my apologies if I'm stating nothing but the obvious):

    Mini freezes do something for pad that jumps do to for spread files, accent beats. You throw them there, you see a freeze, you know a beat is coming, and I guess mentally, it will get you in the song more, or just notice it's there, but this is just my speculation. Obviously the idea of making expert charts for songs is to go with it as much as possible without overdoing it (only in a pad file's case), so you won't be putting jumps or anything. So the problem is, steppers who are trying there best to be good steppers end of wanting to accent every beat they find, and sometimes even go as far as to repeat types of patterns at parts of the song that are the same and jack beats in the song in the middle of streams (9volt's Turri ~Panta Rhei~ chart is an example here). There just comes a point where it's a little to much and the file doesn't seem so freeform and fun after all. In Hardware Store's case, it's still pretty fun considering how stepable the song is and the patterns it has like good placement of candle-lights and crossovers in the middle. The mini-freezes seems overdone but keep in mind, we're accenting beats and in a sense, making an excuse to not make JS in a pad file. This is what I call SSS, Spread Style Stepping. It's not making spread patterns, but accenting beats are looked at like spread files. In a spread file, it would probably make sense to put a jump wherever there is a single-note hold. The thing is though, at least in ITG's case, the quick freezes become a viewing issue for me sometimes, and sometimes I'll just do something and get a miss because I don't see what I need to do.

    To sum it up, it's okay to do it, but 64th holds? That's overdoing it a little. I mean where the lyrics go from one singer to multiple singers for a moment, you could've just put a candlelight section or crossover in those streams. So in Hardware Store's case, it is overdone.

    Also, lol for my post being a review of the chart at the same time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Patashu
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    I'd rather use minirolls

    Leave a comment:

Working...