Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vato_break
    FFR Player
    • Dec 2010
    • 70

    #196
    Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

    Oh hey, i play this game

    Comment

    • korny
      It's Saint Pepsi bitch
      • May 2004
      • 4385

      #197
      Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

      I challenge Manti

      Also, it would be cool to see people getting back into the smash groove for the upcoming Wii U game so everyone who plays can brush up on their skills for the inevitable recreation of a similar ladder.

      Comment

      • DarkManticoreX2
        TWG Overlord
        • Apr 2005
        • 7355

        #198
        Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

        Lmao I haven't played seriously in like 3 years.
        AAA's = 800

        Originally posted by V
        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

        Comment

        • korny
          It's Saint Pepsi bitch
          • May 2004
          • 4385

          #199
          Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

          No worries, I haven't played brawl in at least that long as well. Going to the largest melee tournament ever held in texas tomorrow though. I'm more or less seeing what sort of interest remains to participate in these things for those on ffr who consider themselves a smash bro

          Comment

          • DarkManticoreX2
            TWG Overlord
            • Apr 2005
            • 7355

            #200
            Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

            I dunno if i'll have time tonight, but if I do I'll send you a PM.
            AAA's = 800

            Originally posted by V
            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

            Comment

            • korny
              It's Saint Pepsi bitch
              • May 2004
              • 4385

              #201
              Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

              Right on

              Comment

              • Arntonach
                Owlbears Rock!
                • Mar 2012
                • 2494

                #202
                Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                I hope SSBU is less tourney friendly.
                pack of hard stuffs

                pack of my stuffs

                Comment

                • korny
                  It's Saint Pepsi bitch
                  • May 2004
                  • 4385

                  #203
                  Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                  The speed and technicality of the gameplay are supposed to be greater than brawl but less than melee. It is pretty much guaranteed that this game will be even more tourney friendly than brawl.

                  Comment

                  • Izzy
                    Snek
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 9195

                    #204
                    Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                    I sure hope it is balanced then. I'd maybe consider actually playing the game as something other than a party game.

                    I still don't really like the idea of taking super smash bros seriously as a competition. To me it just feels like a game that you are just meant to dick around with and have fun. It kind of reminds me of when I was at camp and there were log rolling competitions. I was just naturally incredibly good at this for some reason and I would often win 50+ times in a row. It wasn't until afterward that I felt like an ass for taking something that is meant for fun seriously.
                    Last edited by Izzy; 02-21-2014, 02:26 PM.

                    Comment

                    • korny
                      It's Saint Pepsi bitch
                      • May 2004
                      • 4385

                      #205
                      Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                      What about previous games seems unbalanced to you?

                      Comment

                      • Izzy
                        Snek
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2003
                        • 9195

                        #206
                        Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                        In 1v1 situations there are plenty of combinations where certain characters speeds or hit ranges are unfair to that specific opponent. However I don't know how to address this without standardizing all characters. It might be better to only do 2v2 or more competitions.

                        Adding damage and removing from speed type balancing isn't enough balance.

                        Comment

                        • korny
                          It's Saint Pepsi bitch
                          • May 2004
                          • 4385

                          #207
                          Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                          Unless you're at a world level of competition, usually it comes down to a lack of creativity on your own part when combating any sort of combination. Tiers for example, are only a reference point for which characters tournaments are won with the most often. They aren't necessarily indicators for which character is the overall best. Meta Knight is without doubt the best character in brawl, his priority is 2nd to none, but it doesn't mean that I and many others at a certain skill level can't beat a Meta Knight who isn't a consistent tournament winner with any particular character.

                          Comment

                          • DarkManticoreX2
                            TWG Overlord
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 7355

                            #208
                            Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                            Who wants to fight my "D" tier Samus?!?!?!?
                            AAA's = 800

                            Originally posted by V
                            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                            Comment

                            Working...