Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • abbiemonGoesRaWr
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2007
    • 510

    #181
    Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

    Originally posted by ic0slay3r
    Cause I was planning on going to a national tourney next year, but I wasn't sure to which one to go. I was debating between Genesis(the puertoricans are going), or Whobo3(most of the TL from smashboards are going :3).

    I ask here cause I want to see if someone from here was planning on going to any of those, so we can see each other, for some reason I think it would be cool if some of us go to the same one
    Ah, mkay. Well since you're asking, I'm personally definitely leaning on Genesis since I live in California. I missed out on it last year so I totally want to go to the next one; even then it would be a miracle if I manage to go. But I suppose we all have a lot of time to plan for it. Also, I've never heard of Whobo3; that or I never paid attention to it because it's in Texas, apparently...?

    Originally posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator
    I wish I had the time to.. I also with I had the skills to. A couple years ago, I would have been confident enough to participate in games like SSBM, SSBB, and MVC2 but I've lost a tremendous amount of skill due to lack of play and also due to the fact that ever since last year, I haven't had any real competition to truly hone my skills. Since the kid who's skills were nearly identical to mine moved.

    Oh well.
    I feel 'ya man. :\ I never really got into Melee because of the lack of friends in my town at the time that game at all or were at least competitive. Then comes Brawl and I thought I had it made with WiFi but Nintendo disappointed me with that. D: But with the time of Brawl, I've made friends in other towns that game so I go with them to tournaments. But like you, I don't play nearly as much as before due to other games I've gotten into so I've lost a lot of skill. Still, tournaments are excellent practice! You should at least go to local tournaments; don't be intimidated by all the different skill levels compared to your own because a lot of people are very helpful at tournaments when they see you playing at a tournament and notice some potential. :] Surely that hospitality can't just be within the California Smashers.
    Last edited by abbiemonGoesRaWr; 11-13-2010, 01:24 PM.
    FC: 3652-0206-4326 [CH8Ki]

    Comment

    • DarkManticoreX2
      TWG Overlord
      • Apr 2005
      • 7355

      #182
      Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

      I was "politely asked not to participate" in 3 different local tournaments after winning them 4 weeks in sucession.

      All three places gave me ~$100 in colateral not to come back. I was apparently killing the draw the tournaments brought to the stores =/
      AAA's = 800

      Originally posted by V
      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

      Comment

      • WolfXhunter
        Forum User
        • May 2006
        • 535

        #183
        Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

        manti wins free money

        Comment

        • ic0slay3r
          Falangel <3
          • Sep 2006
          • 2309

          #184
          Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

          Originally posted by abbiemonGoesRaWr
          Ah, mkay. Well since you're asking, I'm personally definitely leaning on Genesis since I live in California. I missed out on it last year so I totally want to go to the next one; even then it would be a miracle if I manage to go. But I suppose we all have a lot of time to plan for it. Also, I've never heard of Whobo3; that or I never paid attention to it because it's in Texas, apparently...?
          Apparently is not that big of a tournament, but its also an anime convention. So that just makes me want to go more. But Genesis is one of the biggest tourneys, and it is in summer so it is easier for me to go. Right now I'm thinking Genesis would be better cause PR is going. So maybe a few people from here can agree to go to that one ^.^

          I know most people don't want to spent money on a plain ticket to play brawl but imo its a really cool experience, you meet new people, you show your true skills(wifi lag sucks), also you improve alot.

          Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
          I was "politely asked not to participate" in 3 different local tournaments after winning them 4 weeks in sucession.

          All three places gave me ~$100 in colateral not to come back. I was apparently killing the draw the tournaments brought to the stores =/
          This also makes me want to play you guys for real. I have played manti 2 or 3 times and I don't really find anything that special about your way of playing, sorry >.<

          lol i feel like im trying to sell people a vacation ticket XD

          AAA:531
          Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
          Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
          # of BF: 42


          -------

          Comment

          • Fast Fingered Fiend
            Banned
            • Nov 2009
            • 496

            #185
            Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

            If there are any good prizes, I don't mind paying for a ticket. Even though I haven't played in ages (Brawl disc got scratched for some reason :/)

            Comment

            • HoneyMelonCalibrator
              Arrow Theory™
              • Feb 2009
              • 905

              #186
              Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

              Originally posted by abbiemonGoesRaWr
              I feel 'ya man. :\ I never really got into Melee because of the lack of friends in my town at the time that game at all or were at least competitive. Then comes Brawl and I thought I had it made with WiFi but Nintendo disappointed me with that. D: But with the time of Brawl, I've made friends in other towns that game so I go with them to tournaments. But like you, I don't play nearly as much as before due to other games I've gotten into so I've lost a lot of skill. Still, tournaments are excellent practice! You should at least go to local tournaments; don't be intimidated by all the different skill levels compared to your own because a lot of people are very helpful at tournaments when they see you playing at a tournament and notice some potential. :] Surely that hospitality can't just be within the California Smashers.
              Since I'm living in the city, I may get around to it. The only problem is finding the time. I'd also have to start training again, because like I said, I've lost alot of skill. But I'm truly giving it thought.
              Originally posted by ?
              祇園精舎の鐘の聲、
              諸行無常の響あり。
              娑羅雙樹の花の色、
              盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
              おごれる人も久しからず、
              唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
              たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
              偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

              Comment

              • ic0slay3r
                Falangel <3
                • Sep 2006
                • 2309

                #187
                Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                Originally posted by Fast Fingered Fiend
                If there are any good prizes, I don't mind paying for a ticket. Even though I haven't played in ages (Brawl disc got scratched for some reason :/)
                creo que tambien hay melee just in case, pq si van a haber un torneo de smash 64 no me sorprenderian que hagan de melee.

                AAA:531
                Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
                Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
                # of BF: 42


                -------

                Comment

                • DarkManticoreX2
                  TWG Overlord
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 7355

                  #188
                  Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                  My tethering is about 5 or 6 times better offline, which makes my gameplay pretty formidable. People have a tough time getting close enough to kill me.

                  I only really have trouble against real good Meta Knights, Olimars and Lucarios.
                  AAA's = 800

                  Originally posted by V
                  Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                  Comment

                  • ic0slay3r
                    Falangel <3
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 2309

                    #189
                    Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                    yeah, zairs are a pain in the ass to do in wifi, main reason I don't like to play as TL in wifi. This makes me want to play against you even more >.<

                    AAA:531
                    Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
                    Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
                    # of BF: 42


                    -------

                    Comment

                    • burntnorris
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 29

                      #190
                      Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                      Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                      I was "politely asked not to participate" in 3 different local tournaments after winning them 4 weeks in sucession.

                      All three places gave me ~$100 in colateral not to come back. I was apparently killing the draw the tournaments brought to the stores =/
                      lol. Haters gon' hate.

                      But seriously, it is kind of understandable. Who wants to keep putting money into tourneys when they know they're gonna get stomped? I wouldn't... :\

                      Then again, I can see it from your point of view, too...

                      Last edited by burntnorris; 11-16-2010, 02:38 PM. Reason: lols
                      Jordan

                      Brawl FC: 0731-4471-3662

                      Comment

                      • Shamo0
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 424

                        #191
                        Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                        If they keep giving you money not to participate use that money to travel to farther places and expand your reign

                        Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
                        Join Date: Sep 2003

                        Comment

                        • Suicidalfatman
                          Claws are better to FFR
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 678

                          #192
                          Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                          oh snaps, your all alive!!!

                          Highest AAA ~ Musicmaker Rx (52) 1-24-2015
                          Portalbob340's Round Robin Tournament (Div. 3) -> 1st
                          Trumpet63’s “Divisionless” Tournament -> 15th

                          Comment

                          • WolfXhunter
                            Forum User
                            • May 2006
                            • 535

                            #193
                            Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                            Originally posted by Suicidalfatman
                            oh snaps, your all alive!!!
                            no we're not.

                            Comment

                            • Suicidalfatman
                              Claws are better to FFR
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 678

                              #194
                              Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                              Lies, the earthboy LIES

                              Highest AAA ~ Musicmaker Rx (52) 1-24-2015
                              Portalbob340's Round Robin Tournament (Div. 3) -> 1st
                              Trumpet63’s “Divisionless” Tournament -> 15th

                              Comment

                              • ic0slay3r
                                Falangel <3
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 2309

                                #195
                                Re: Dogdude's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder v3.0

                                Ic0 uses phoenix down on thread!

                                EDIT:

                                -and it failz-

                                oh welp.
                                Last edited by ic0slay3r; 11-29-2010, 12:56 AM.

                                AAA:531
                                Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
                                Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
                                # of BF: 42


                                -------

                                Comment

                                Working...