TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roundbox
    fhqwhgads
    • Feb 2005
    • 2086

    #91
    Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

    Fojar did kind of get married about a month or so ago, I wouldn't blame him for his inactivity.

    As for voting goes, safety on observer.

    And if you haven't realized already, this game will possibly last for awhile. Daytime lynch is the only way that a person will be eliminated from the game entirely. (aside from a possible random gameplay element from stoic, I wouldn't be surprised)
    Aside from that, if we don't peg reds at all, the number of surviving humans and zombies compared to the amount of people currently alive in play will be devastating.

    Scientists, find something.
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



    Comment

    • thunderstrike687
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2003
      • 785

      #92
      Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

      safety on flaw.


      Originally posted by Adamaja456
      yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
      Originally posted by twiggy_2004
      i love a food

      Comment

      • FoJaR
        The Worst
        • Nov 2005
        • 2816

        #93
        Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

        DBP, roundbox is right. it's not a good idea to have an alliance of any kind.

        the bigger the alliance, the larger the chance that somebody in it gets turned.

        not IS turned, GETS turned.

        and it's pretty much over when that happens.

        that's the tricky part of this game. even if you can guard someone, repeated guardings are bad for the guarder, or so stoic said. the person who's doing the guarding themselves might turn, and they've got to be part of the alliance.

        i dont have any major suspicions right now, but i DO think that an alliance of blues is the worst possible choice right now.

        the game seems way stacked against the humans because of the conversion, which means that there must be some kind of balancer.

        right now i'm hoping, HOPING that the scientists are more than seers, because otherwise the zombies have almost a default win.

        the SWAT can be broken over time, but successful guards can help reduce the number of zombies, BUT

        if either the SWAT or the scientists become known to the zombies

        WE WILL LOSE

        this game cannot be won humans vs zombies.

        the zombie team is always growing, so even if the humans do really well at lynching, they still lose.

        the quickest path to defeat is a blue alliance. anyone that knows your role can be converted at ANY TIME, so if you guys are making an alliance, i suggest you stop.


        that's all i've got for now, i still dont really have a read on anyone for a vote, but i will vote.

        Comment

        • flawofhumanity
          MMM WATCHA SAY
          • Apr 2004
          • 628

          #94
          Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

          Actually, I can find one way to have a blue alliance that isn't quite as risky as you guys think, here's what I think we could do:

          Sssuming there are at least two SWAT, and DBP's scientist is legitimate, DBP's alliance is at far as it should go, and it should be done in a chain of command much like the suggested one for the zombie. The other SWAT member would guard him, thus saving him, and then he guards the Scientist. This way, neither the other SWAT member or the scientist gain extra information, only DBP, who is being guarded. This does leave a chance for the other SWAT member to be zombie'd, but hopefully they don't pull any **** putting them in immediate danger just yet.

          Now, if no SWAT member comes to DBP, the best course of action is to lynch him, seeing as the wolves would immediately zombie him, thus eliminating our only guard and a blue, PLUS finding out who our scientist is.

          Also, DBP, is the scientist role, in fact, a seer type role, or are the provided with a cure? Either way it will help us, but it would be useful to know for planning purposes.

          Now, as for tonight's vote, as far as I see it we have a few options:

          1.) Follow kilga's train of thought, choose a lynch from the four or five "most likely" zombie candidates, which basically equivalent to taking a stab in the dark, but there is always the chance of getting lucky.

          2.)If no SWAT member has came to DBP, we probably should lynch him, thus ensuring the safety of our scientist.

          3.)We can lynch the most inactive/useless player in the game, thus getting rid of a possible human, but not much "human brain power," so that we can hopefully catch up later.

          For now, I'm going to vote Sertman because I'm madly in love with him.
          Originally posted by pntballa18
          flaw cause he's well hung


          Comment

          • Yesssss
            FFR Player
            • Jul 2005
            • 2522

            #95
            Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

            I've got a lot of homework due tomorrow so I don't have much time to think about things. I'm available on AIM if needed, although I'd prefer you not talk to me much tonight.

            I would have some comments to say, but I'm swamped.

            As for my vote, I'll just take a phantom seeming as a safety could lead to a lynch at this point due to large amount of suspects (which we will always have anyway though).
            YOU JUST WON THE GAME! CONGRATULATIONS!

            Comment

            • flawofhumanity
              MMM WATCHA SAY
              • Apr 2004
              • 628

              #96
              Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

              Ps. Sorry for typos.
              Originally posted by pntballa18
              flaw cause he's well hung


              Comment

              • roundbox
                fhqwhgads
                • Feb 2005
                • 2086

                #97
                Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                Flaw, I'm pretty sure that X amount scientists, X amount SWAT members, and X amount humans could easily ruin your plan, considering there may be a random combination of the sort numbers-wise.

                There may be one SWAT member (DBP is screwed)
                There may be one scientist (DBP better guard)
                There may be one human (more blues? good for us)

                ...but my point is, we have no idea how many blues we have.
                Originally posted by the sun fan
                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                Comment

                • flawofhumanity
                  MMM WATCHA SAY
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 628

                  #98
                  Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                  Regardless of blues, if there are two SWAT members that should be as far as the alliance goes. If not, DBP should be lynched. The number of SWAT members effects the game, but everything else doesn't really matter, and in my post I put a situation for both of those. I'm not suggesting a huge alliance, just the three member MAX one that I mentioned in the actual post.
                  Originally posted by pntballa18
                  flaw cause he's well hung


                  Comment

                  • flawofhumanity
                    MMM WATCHA SAY
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 628

                    #99
                    Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                    Originally posted by flawofhumanity
                    Regardless of blues, if there are two SWAT members that should be as far as the alliance goes. If not, DBP should be lynched. The number of SWAT members effects the game, but everything else doesn't really matter, and in my post I put a situation for both of those. I'm not suggesting a huge alliance, just the three member MAX one that I mentioned in the actual post.
                    effects lol. Affects. Sorry, that was really bugging me.
                    Originally posted by pntballa18
                    flaw cause he's well hung


                    Comment

                    • sertman
                      DADALADAH
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 3910

                      #100
                      Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                      After reading the thread...

                      I agree with Fojar... because of the nature of this game it's best that there's no alliance at all. Obviously the scientist didn't think things through enough before going to DBP so it may be one of the newer players but honestly who knows.

                      safety on uh yessss because i don't think anyone's put a safety on him yet

                      Comment

                      • StoicRoivaS
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2006
                        • 548

                        #101
                        Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                        Another point of note:

                        The "first infected" role is not a mark of any sort. It is a role that was randomly determined at the start of the game, just like every other role. Anything beyond that that I mentioned was entirely for the purpose of me providing you with more than just a game set-up. The "first infected" was the person that the progenitor (creator) first turned. There may have been other deaths within the city as the story hinted I believe, but in terms of the person in question, they were randomly chosen, not picked by the progenitor. Hopefully that makes sense.
                        Like the moon over
                        the day, my genius and brawn are
                        wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                        -Bowser

                        Comment

                        • flawofhumanity
                          MMM WATCHA SAY
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 628

                          #102
                          Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                          Just a point I'd like to make, if we have no alliance at this point we basically either have to lynch our guardian or risk our guardian AND scientist becoming zombies, thus the best course of action IS finding a way to make the alliance work, if you enjoy blue roles. From what is set in action, whether an alliance WAS the best course or not, it is almost absolutely necessary at this point with the actions the scientist and DBP have put into motion.
                          Originally posted by pntballa18
                          flaw cause he's well hung


                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #103
                            Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                            I guess the way I feel right now is that dbp made a sweet power play for himself... he'll be well-positioned no matter what side he's on.

                            I have to go vote for myself a whole lot because someone decided to whip out a 120 point advantage on me while I wasn't looking.

                            I have literally nothing to go on, no real reads of anyone at all. which surprises me actually but eh. I'm going to go flaw I guess on the off-chance that when he asked me when we were talking what I thought about dbp it was a feeler-esque kind of thing, like trying to gauge potential support for a lynch of dbp or whatever. My gut isn't telling me anything though, so who knows.

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #104
                              Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                              stella! as a safety. I have a pretty good plan, but i need to work some kinks out of it. Expect it up tommorow morning.
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              • pntballa18
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2005
                                • 3357

                                #105
                                Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                                manti

                                Comment

                                Working...