TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2005
    • 1206

    #46
    Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

    Haven't read any of this page yet, but if ANYONE comes out on the thread, it better be whoever we only have one of. If it's a scientist or swat member, there could be multiple, which means we won't know if they're faking.

    We don't know how many swat members (aka guards) we have, so having a scientist or two come out is a horrible idea. The fact that 'swat member - X' was in the signups pretty much means it's in the game, just that he count is unknown, so we have one surefire guard. The role we have one of comes out, gets guarded, and after a day the guard(s) go to them. The don't spread info because we don't know how many swats and scientists there are, but it's at least a start.

    More to come when I'm not just waking up.


    Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

    Comment

    • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2005
      • 1206

      #47
      Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

      Also, I've clarified with stoic that the setup in the host voting:

      16 Players:

      Team Evil (2):
      1 plague progenitor
      1 first infected

      Team Good (14 at start):
      X scientists
      X SWAT members
      1 plague progeny
      X humans

      Is true, so we have one 'plague progeny' and at least one of swat and scientist. Which X could possibly be zero, I doubt he would do that.


      Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

      Comment

      • DarkManticoreX2
        TWG Overlord
        • Apr 2005
        • 7355

        #48
        Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

        First off, the most important thing this game is going to be converting zombies back into humans. Here's why. Once a random zombie is found on the chain of command, and converted into a human, We can work out way up the chain to find the boss zombie. (convert zombie, learn who infected him, as well as who he infected.) Through this, we can work our way up the chain, and lynch the people at the bottom of it.

        Assuming this is something like Resident evil, or some other zombie like game or movie Here's what probably has to happen. The scientists have to find either the plauge progenitor, or the progeny (possibly both). Doing this would give them the DNA samples they need to make a cure for the outbreak. (Hey, it worked in several zombie movies)

        Also, I don't see why we shouldn't have 1 scientist come out. Here's the rantional. one scientist comes out. The others test his DNA. a swat member guards him during the night against zombie attack (without telling him). Should he be attacked tonight, the zombie would die, and we would win. Should the scientist be a fake, the other scientists would know at the beginning of the day, and we would have a worthwhile day 1 lynch. As a bonus, this would give the scientists an almost mason like quality.

        I don't think there are any holes in this. Let it be known if you find one.
        AAA's = 800

        Originally posted by V
        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

        Comment

        • DarkManticoreX2
          TWG Overlord
          • Apr 2005
          • 7355

          #49
          Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

          Reading over that, paragraph three would have worked best on night 1. Unfortunatley, I didn't think about it untill like 20 minutes ago. =/
          AAA's = 800

          Originally posted by V
          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

          Comment

          • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2005
            • 1206

            #50
            Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

            You are assuming that the scientists can test someone's DNA to see if they are a zombie. We don't know that for sure, as far as I know.


            Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

            Comment

            • DarkManticoreX2
              TWG Overlord
              • Apr 2005
              • 7355

              #51
              Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

              Tests return positive/negative on DNA. Negative would be human, positive would be zombie.

              Plague Progenitor:
              The original carrier of the plague. This person is classified as a zombie, although they have never actually been bitten. Tests on their DNA may return false and any fatal injuries they suffer may cause them to counter-mutate back into a conscious human being, essentially freeing them from the collective mind the zombie's seem to possess.

              scientists are essentially seers unless im reading this wrong.
              AAA's = 800

              Originally posted by V
              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

              Comment

              • edubardus
                RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE
                • Sep 2003
                • 797

                #52
                Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                Again, I read the plague progenitor role as MW-type role. If that's the case, then this plan would fail seeing how there is no exact number of scientists.

                Last edited by bluguerrilla : Today at 08:51 PM. Reason: edubardus/

                Comment

                • StoicRoivaS
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2006
                  • 548

                  #53
                  Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                  Please note that I've changed the D1 deadline from thursday to wednesday. Apparently I counted wrong due to posting directly after midnight and thursday would be a gratuitous amount of time for D1. It is still about 24 hours away and if you feel you need more time I'll extend it, no problem.
                  Like the moon over
                  the day, my genius and brawn are
                  wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                  -Bowser

                  Comment

                  • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 1206

                    #54
                    Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                    If you're not talking to me on aim, and you see this, send me a message.


                    Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                    Comment

                    • pntballa18
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3357

                      #55
                      Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                      If you're not talking to me on aim, and you see this, send me a message.

                      Comment

                      • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 1206

                        #56
                        Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                        Man I really miss iggy : (


                        Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                        Comment

                        • rioting
                          FFR Player
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 113

                          #57
                          Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                          Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                          Tests return positive/negative on DNA. Negative would be human, positive would be zombie.

                          Plague Progenitor:
                          The original carrier of the plague. This person is classified as a zombie, although they have never actually been bitten. Tests on their DNA may return false and any fatal injuries they suffer may cause them to counter-mutate back into a conscious human being, essentially freeing them from the collective mind the zombie's seem to possess.

                          scientists are essentially seers unless im reading this wrong.
                          Originally posted by StoicRoivaS
                          Scientist:
                          The hard working men and women of the government that are determined to stop the outbreak and possibly even cure the plague itself. Each night they will preform their own variant of research and lab tests and may prove useful in slowing down or stopping the virus.
                          The way I read it was that the existence of a seer-type role is likely (hinted at by the existence of "DNA results"), however the scientist is not necessarily fulfilling this role. Basically, a seer probably does exist and I think it's most likely the scientist role, but not necessarily. These are the kinds of roles upon which an alliance can be most easily formed.

                          Originally posted by edubardus
                          Again, I read the plague progenitor role as MW-type role. If that's the case, then this plan would fail seeing how there is no exact number of scientists.
                          Relating to manti's idea of 1 scientist coming out, I agree here with edubardus that it looks like there is a MW type role which would allow that person to fake scientist.

                          I was trying to come up with a method of validating two people who claim to have the same role -- they'd need to be asked a question that only someone with that role can answer. I don't think it'd be allowed - but if they could share the character length of their role PM with a 3rd party, that 3rd party could validate them. The problem all comes down to trust - with the possible existence of mystery roles, a MW role, and unknown quantities of roles.
                          sigpic Without irony, this signature wouldn't be funny.

                          Comment

                          • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                            FFR Player
                            • Sep 2005
                            • 1206

                            #58
                            Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                            Originally posted by rioting
                            I was trying to come up with a method of validating two people who claim to have the same role -- they'd need to be asked a question that only someone with that role can answer.
                            You said it, my brotha. Glad you dropped in.

                            I'm a SWAT member, and before you flip out, I've got everything figured out.

                            As of right now, there's no way I can prove myself to anyone, but I need to get at least one other SWAT member in contact with me, for I have a scientist I need guarded. You will guard me, and I will guard them, and when you contact me I have some more info that you will like, that I cannot post on the thread.

                            Also, feel free not to contact me, but this may make or break the game.

                            As far as fakes coming to me, I have a method of determining if SWAT claims are legit, which I won't post on the thread. But be warned, if you fake SWAT to me, I WILL know, and you WILL die today.

                            More to come when I think about this more.

                            ps in b4 'you retard' and 'i dun trust u'


                            Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                            Comment

                            • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2005
                              • 1206

                              #59
                              Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                              Ps fuck you scientist. You know who you are.


                              Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                              Comment

                              • roundbox
                                fhqwhgads
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 2086

                                #60
                                Re: TWG XLVII: 28 Half-dozen Hours Later

                                Regarding X scientists

                                From the way I've been reading, it seems like the scientists are "Seers". But this brings me to a point
                                Why would he put so many damn seers in the game(haha I just lost THE GAME)?
                                Are they like the wolves, pming in one name and receiving the result overnight?

                                Regarding DBP:
                                i dun trust u
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                                Comment

                                Working...